HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

This is just a heads up for all with the shutdown problems. I tried HDA Fix shutdown fix and it seemed to work for awhile, but then the shutdown stopped working. The frustrating thing is you get one thing working and then anohter thing breaks; I got the battery meter to work and now the shutdown sometimes will not shutdown properly.

Here's another shutdown fix that I stumbled across. I'm not sure which one is better but I think when I use Kalayway 10.5.1, things seems to shutdown properly. Now I'm using Leo4All V3 and it shuts down when it wants to.

http://######.com/blog/?cat=3

http://cobranail.googlepages.com/poweroff_fix.zip

If anyone have any ideas on the weird shutdown, please do share.

I had leopard installed running well on my DV9000t but I was wondering has anyone made any progress at all with:

1. Getting audio out (headphone) support

2. Built in HP Intel wireless

3. Sleep support without the laptop shutting off

A laptop to me is pretty useless without this stuff

Thanks!

1. Go into System Preferences, Audio and select Headphones for the headphones.

2. Buy a Atheros or Broadcom for wireless...the development drivers for Intel AGN has stopped.

3. Sleep only works based on hardwares and configurations, if you are lucky.

I have a question or maybe someone can point me in the right Direction, I cant seem to get anything installed on my Notebook I have an HP DV6704NR, Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 (1.9 GHz); RAM installed: 2 GB DDR II SDRAM, I can get the DVD to boot but when i get to Disk Utility I get No Drives to Select the only thing it sees is the DVD ROM, is there anyone who has had any success with an install to this type of notebook and if so what suggestions do you have.

Hello everyone,

I own a dv6711tx

Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20GHz

8400M GS Display

250GB HDD

3GB RAM

after i install the ACL268 driver,

is that those +-volume quick button were no use??

but mute button still work

when i press on +-volume quick button , there was a cross logo shown on my screen

sorry for my poor english..

thanks anyway.

Hello everyone,

I own a dv6711tx

Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20GHz

8400M GS Display

250GB HDD

3GB RAM

after i install the ACL268 driver,

is that those +-volume quick button were no use??

but mute button still work

when i press on +-volume quick button , there was a cross logo shown on my screen

sorry for my poor english..

thanks anyway.

My quick button works. Did you install ALC268 Installer 1 or ALC268 Installer 2? ALC268 Installer 1 default the sound to the internal speakers, and ALC268 Installer 2 default the sound to Headphones.

Go into System Prefrences, Sound, and change from Headphones to Internal sounds. That should work.

ALC268 Installer 1 works better. I prefer that one. The link in my signature has been removed...also http://wiki.taruga.net has been suspended. ** wowser ** The original thread is here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859.

King: What distro are you installing from? I found that iATKOS doesn't like my laptop, it doesn't see my hard drive at all. Kalyway and Leo4All see the partition/hard drive just fine.

Has anyone tried the iATKOS v4i if you have it working what drivers and patches did you select when you installed I cant get mine to work on dv6000t with NvidiaGo 7400 and a Broadcom wifi card.

haven't tried v4 yet,downloading now, but i didn't have any luck with iatkos on hp laptop, worked with other computers, but couldn't find my drive or read partions map, so i used leo4all now using dfe's bootloader with vanilla install. Leo4all seemed faster easier. Try installing with only the fewest selected patches then post patch better and you know what works doesn't work. Might just be you need the intet ich* driver or what ever its called.

King: What distro are you installing from? I found that iATKOS doesn't like my laptop, it doesn't see my hard drive at all. Kalyway and Leo4All see the partition/hard drive just fine.

extremeae,

I have used Kalyway, iATKOS, Zeph, and i think thats it with no luck, none can see the HD in my laptop, unless it is a different process from how i did my Desktop.

For me same as V2, I tried V4 and couldn't go past....

DVD abort at .. I/O error SAM multimedia ........ 

iATKOS Version 1 r2 worked for me so good no problem (perfect install) at boot so ever.... 

What could be wrong with my Hardware?????? 

What iAKTOS V1r2 had to boot and why V4 doesn't??? 

Thanks.. 

HP dv9700t 

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 2681 MHz 

Motherboard Chipset Intel Crestline-PM PM965 

System Memory 3072 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM) 

Disk Drive FUJITSU MHY2250BH (250 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA) 

Disk Drive Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 (250 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA) 

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS (512 MB) 

IDE Controller Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850 

IDE Controller Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller 

Optical Drive CM0342J PYI929Y SCSI CdRom Device 

Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N

For me same as V2, I tried V4 and couldn't go past....

iATKOS Version 1 r2 worked for me so good no problem (perfect install) at boot so ever....

What could be wrong with my Hardware??????

What iAKTOS V1r2 had to boot and why V4 doesn't???

Thanks..

iatkos uses different efi on the versions, wierd becasuse everybody i know had problems with v1 becasue had pc efi 5or6 which was problematic, i have almost the same hardware as you, try leo4all or retail install with dfe bootloader both work with are hardware. Did md5 match on disk first problem i had with kaly was disk error? Could be as simple as that.

Good luck hope it helps

kev

HP dv9700t

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 2681 MHz

Motherboard Chipset Intel Crestline-PM PM965

System Memory 3072 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Disk Drive FUJITSU MHY2250BH (250 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

Disk Drive Hitachi HTS542525K9SA00 (250 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS (512 MB)

IDE Controller Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

IDE Controller Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

Optical Drive CM0342J PYI929Y SCSI CdRom Device

Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N

haven't tried v4 yet,downloading now, but i didn't have any luck with iatkos on hp laptop, worked with other computers, but couldn't find my drive or read partions map, so i used leo4all now using dfe's bootloader with vanilla install. Leo4all seemed faster easier. Try installing with only the fewest selected patches then post patch better and you know what works doesn't work. Might just be you need the intet ich* driver or what ever its called.

That's the same problem I had with trying to install IATKOS. It never worked for me. Kalyway and Leo4All seems to work just fine. Btw, do you have a link to dfe's bootloader with vanilla installation tutorial?

Also I re-installed Leo4Allv3, and I didn't select any kernel during the installation, and the Battery meter just works automatically!

King: Give Leo4All a try. I have better luck with that distro now.

iatkos uses different efi on the versions, wierd becasuse everybody i know had problems with v1 becasue had pc efi 5or6 which was problematic, i have almost the same hardware as you, try leo4all or retail install with dfe bootloader both work with are hardware. Did md5 match on disk first problem i had with kaly was disk error? Could be as simple as that.

Good luck hope it helps

kev

Hi Kev

What Hardware you on?

iAKTOS v1r2 worked so good for me as I have a full 10.5.4 loaded (Kalaway update so..)

I still use V1r2 to do back up with disk utility..

but V4 is a no go..   I really don't know why and they never answer me direct at the Upchuck

Forum .. weird..

Anyway I might just give up iAKTOS and move om to leo4all  v4 when it's out..

Thanks

That's the same problem I had with trying to install IATKOS. It never worked for me. Kalyway and Leo4All seems to work just fine. Btw, do you have a link to dfe's bootloader with vanilla installation tutorial?

Also I re-installed Leo4Allv3, and I didn't select any kernel during the installation, and the Battery meter just works automatically!

here is the links,

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=116505

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...3288&st=300

good luck

kevin

Good luck hope it helps

kev

Hi Kev

What Hardware you on?

iAKTOS v1r2 worked so good for me as I have a full 10.5.4 loaded (Kalaway update so..)

but V4 is a no go.. I really don't know why and they never answer me direct at the Upchuck

Forum .. weird..

Anyway I might just give up iAKTOS and move om to leo4all v4 when it's out..

Thanks

my hardware is dv9700 cto with c2d t9300, 8400gs, 2gigs mem, wifi hacked with dell 1500 or atheros 5008

whatever your hardware can't tell you why it works better with one iatkos or the other. I also really like eddies releases BUT i dont think a verson 4 is coming soon, i could be wrong, but he seems real busy now, don't see him posting on the forums as much and such. I recomend trying the v3 but don't upgrade it with jas ppf, lots of people have more problems, jas and eddie build dvds different and jas assumed some things and was incorrect mostly with deleting kexts, so has plenty kp

extremeae,

please tell me how it goes, i had it up and running but when restarted with chameleon, would not boot, then wouldn't boot with cd, i had switched to guid, and i think that was the problem or could be chameleon since i always use pc efi. anyway had to reformat to mbr then use time machine back up, so i'm running leo4all again, but trying retail install on my test partition, i will be leaving it mbr so i have to hack the dvd a little to install. Will let you know how it goes. Also wanted tto thank you again for all that help you gave me with the wifi card, the patched bios file we created has been downloaded over 2,000 times now Thanks, and good luck if you try the retail install, If you wait zef is implementing the ram disk feature into chameleon so that can retail install much easier.

kevin

Good luck hope it helps

kev

Hi Kev

What Hardware you on?

but V4 is a no go.. I really don't know why and they never answer me direct at the Upchuck

Forum .. weird..

Anyway I might just give up iAKTOS and move om to leo4all v4 when it's out..

Thanks

i dont think it will help but can try zefs ppf patch for this, worst case you make a coaster! zefs chameleon blog has it. patch works for v4 also

please tell me how it goes, i had it up and running but when restarted with chameleon, would not boot, then wouldn't boot with cd, i had switched to guid, and i think that was the problem or could be chameleon since i always use pc efi. anyway had to reformat to mbr then use time machine back up, so i'm running leo4all again, but trying retail install on my test partition, i will be leaving it mbr so i have to hack the dvd a little to install. Will let you know how it goes. Also wanted tto thank you again for all that help you gave me with the wifi card, the patched bios file we created has been downloaded over 2,000 times now Thanks, and good luck if you try the retail install, If you wait zef is implementing the ram disk feature into chameleon so that can retail install much easier.

kevin

It's a learning process and knowledge. I certainly learned quite a bit on BIOS hacking. I'm glad we were able to help the majority of HP laptop owners to get the wifi working. Also you may want to point the URL for the Zef chameleon this way so I can keep myself up to date.

Hi to all,

I followed the guide here to install OS X 10.5.2 on my DV6000. I used GParted to partition my hard disk rather than XP as mentioned in the guide. The hard disk partition was like this:

XP: 10GB NTFS Primary,

Extended partition: 260GB (30GB for Linux, 10GB shared FAT32 and the others logical drives NTFS)

OS X: 30GB FAT32 Primary.

The first time, I installed Kubuntu in the extended partition successfully but I couldn't install OS X, so I changed the partition using Gparted and OS X partition became Logical and the hard disk partition became

XP: 10GB Primary,

Extended partition: 290GB (30GB for Linux, 10GB shared FAT32, the others logical drives NTFS OS X: 30GB).

When I changed the OS X partition to logical, I installed the OS X succesfully, but when I rebooted I couldn't access to my OS X.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Hi to all,

I followed the guide here to install OS X 10.5.2 on my DV6000. I used GParted to partition my hard disk rather than XP as mentioned in the guide. The hard disk partition was like this:

Is that HP Pavilion 6000 ? and what error exactly are you getting when you reboot? did the darwin bootloader install? or u still getting grub menu ? you want to add OSx to your grub menu?

Hi to all,

XP: 10GB NTFS Primary,

Extended partition: 260GB (30GB for Linux, 10GB shared FAT32 and the others logical drives NTFS)

OS X: 30GB FAT32 Primary.

The first time, I installed Kubuntu in the extended partition successfully but I couldn't install OS X, so I changed the partition using Gparted and OS X partition became Logical and the hard disk partition became

XP: 10GB Primary,

Extended partition: 290GB (30GB for Linux, 10GB shared FAT32, the others logical drives NTFS OS X: 30GB).

When I changed the OS X partition to logical, I installed the OS X succesfully, but when I rebooted I couldn't access to my OS X.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

sounds like you haven't marked the partion as active, or set the bootloader correctly try those things first, if that doesn't work then try booting from install disk and seeing if you can boot to your os x partition, if you can from the install disk it means that its a bootloader problem or partition is not active if can't boot from install cd then you need to reinstall.

It's a learning process and knowledge. I certainly learned quite a bit on BIOS hacking. I'm glad we were able to help the majority of HP laptop owners to get the wifi working. Also you may want to point the URL for the Zef chameleon this way so I can keep myself up to date.

zefs blog is

the link is blocked it is just change the link back to normal http___chameleon_osx86_hu/

he is working on it now, this is going to be huge when it is done, should be front page news on this site when done

kevin

the link is blocked it is just change the link back to normal http___chameleon_osx86_hu/

he is working on it now, this is going to be huge when it is done, should be front page news on this site when done

kevin

Do you mean HP 6000 series Wifi will get enabled by this coder ? if i read that right ? :D

Do you mean HP 6000 series Wifi will get enabled by this coder ? if i read that right ? :D

no sorry for confusion, i was talking to extremeae about dfe bootloader and chameleon which will let us boot unmodded retail disks and run totally vanilla system.

for wifi we patched the bios for hp laptop to replace wifi card with comapatible ones broadcom or atheros. this is the method i recomend, although peoiple are trying to hack/patch/port drivers for intel wifi these are very badly done and not reliable. I am not trying to take away from what these people are doing just letting you know so you can make decision for yourself. Ramjet has added the wifi info to his tuturial or can go here and read up on it http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1474&st=140

good luck if you have any questions just ask

kevin

Is that HP Pavilion 6000 ? and what error exactly are you getting when you reboot? did the darwin bootloader install? or u still getting grub menu ? you want to add OSx to your grub menu?

I simply create a Windows 98 SE boot CD and booted off that, fdisk and set the partition to active. The best way is to use Chain0 for dual boot XP and OSX. I use Chain0 on my laptop, and I use Tboot on my desktop. Tbook handles dual boot better when OSX86 is installed on a separate hard drive. Chain0 works better when installed on different partition, same hard drive.

To add dualboot with Chain0 or Tboot, simply google it, download, and copy Chain0 or Tboot to the main root of your Windows XP partition or C:\.

Then add the following line to the boot.ini (the file is hidden in the root C:\)

c:\tboot="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

OR

c:\chain0="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

Regarding the wireless, I replaced my Intel AGN 4965 with a Broadcom wireless card. The BIOS hack is just to allow the wireless card to be added to the whitelist so it will bypass "error 104".

[quote name=

zefs blog is

kevin

I patched the iAKTOS v4 with the chameleon ppf and still stuck at:

I guess it's time to give up iAKTOS or maybe if there is another ppf to try??

anyway there is a leo4all v4 beta floating around I might get it..

Thanks

rtmac

It's HP Pavilion DV6700 exactely. After installing OS X, I rebooted the PC and I got directly the grub menu. I don't want to add OS X to my grub menu, but to my windows menu using chain0 or something like this. I used GParted to change the boot from the active partition which is XP to OS X partition. Even though, I failed to boot to OS X. After that, I tried to boot from the OS X CD, but I failed. The OS X CD guided me directly to the installation!!!

I want to repeat that the first time, I partitioned all my hard drive with Gparted and not with XP, Partition Magic or something else...

My question is : when we partition the hard drive, should we do this using XP rather than Gparted? Or there is no problem if we use GParted? What should I do to have access to OS X partition?

Thank you

-----------------

HP Pavilion DV6700

Core 2 Duo 2 GHZ

RAM 3 GHZ

sounds like you haven't marked the partion as active, or set the bootloader correctly try those things first, if that doesn't work then try booting from install disk and seeing if you can boot to your os x partition, if you can from the install disk it means that its a bootloader problem or partition is not active if can't boot from install cd then you need to reinstall.

zefs blog is

kevin

How can I mark the partition as active? Using XP (diskpart) I couldn't. Using GParted, I made the OS X partition as the default, but even though I failed to access to the OS X partition.

How can I set the boot loader correctly?

I tried to boot from the install disk but I was guided to the installation not to the system. The OS X's installation finished normaly and I don't know what's the problem? Maybe the problem is that I should partition my hard disk using XP not Gparted.

Can we install OS X partition on Logical drive like Linux, not on primary one?

I simply create a Windows 98 SE boot CD and booted off that, fdisk and set the partition to active. The best way is to use Chain0 for dual boot XP and OSX. I use Chain0 on my laptop, and I use Tboot on my desktop. Tbook handles dual boot better when OSX86 is installed on a separate hard drive. Chain0 works better when installed on different partition, same hard drive.

To add dualboot with Chain0 or Tboot, simply google it, download, and copy Chain0 or Tboot to the main root of your Windows XP partition or C:\.

Then add the following line to the boot.ini (the file is hidden in the root C:\)

c:\tboot="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

OR

c:\chain0="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

Regarding the wireless, I replaced my Intel AGN 4965 with a Broadcom wireless card. The BIOS hack is just to allow the wireless card to be added to the whitelist so it will bypass "error 104".

OS X is intalled on a primary partition? What about your windows? How did you partition the hard drive?

Thanks,