528 posts in this topic

Ok i'm using the dv9222tx

Intel core2duo t5200 1.6ghz

2gb ram

80gb x 2 Sata drives

Intel 945gm Motherboard

Nvidia 7600go

What doesn't work:

Webcam : gets green patches but takes the picture in the user pic capture (crashes in ichat etc..)

Memory Card Reader (ricoh)

Line out (I would really love for this to work)

Wireless card (intel pro)

other than that everything else works fine needed to put the intelhda drivers and thats it. running kalyway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.4 via apple update. Left the system on for 4 days no problems.

EDIT: btw I read on some of the posts that you can install a patched bios and overclock the cpu? can someone post links specific to that..my google searches didn't yeild much.

for overclocking google gpu overclocking and look at notebook forums, in the same thread they talk about cpu, once your in the editor you can change things around, i started having parity errors when i lowered voltage, so i unclocked my cpu, still have overclocked gpu, i also frankinstiened my bios with several versions mixed together when cpu was overclocked, i also had to use a crisis recovery disk any time i overestimated my amounts, which happened several times, i am not much of an o.c.er but know hp bios alittle, i didn't think all the work was worth it for cpu, but kept gpu over. I did enjoy learning more about overclocking and what i can and can't change, and for me that made it worthwile. Good luck, and if you can't find the info, i will try and look for my notes if you need.

Kevin

I ran into a thread, I forgot the link, about getting the webcam to work. You need to install Cam Twist for the webcam to work. I installed Cam Twist and the web cam works in Photo Booth! One downside though, there seems to be a delay in the picture when the web cam is in use.

All you have to do to get the webcam to work is run the Cam Twist program, double click on webcam to the left pane, then the blue light lits up and you simply run Photo Booth to take snapshots. I haven't test other programs, but I can say that the webcam now works!

I ran into a thread, I forgot the link, about getting the webcam to work. You need to install Cam Twist for the webcam to work. I installed Cam Twist and the web cam works in Photo Booth! One downside though, there seems to be a delay in the picture when the web cam is in use.

All you have to do to get the webcam to work is run the Cam Twist program, double click on webcam to the left pane, then the blue light lits up and you simply run Photo Booth to take snapshots. I haven't test other programs, but I can say that the webcam now works!

hey bud,

one question, did your webcam ever work, or did it stop working one day, or after update. Mine has always worked out of box, no matter what install method i use, so wondering if it will just stop working, or if it is differ in the series.

kev

hey bud,

one question, did your webcam ever work, or did it stop working one day, or after update. Mine has always worked out of box, no matter what install method i use, so wondering if it will just stop working, or if it is differ in the series.

kev

I think there are some differences between the DV6500T and the DV9700T. My Dv6500T webcam never work with any distro; like others, the blue lights up but that's about it.

Now that I install Cam twist, the webcame is working, although the video is choppy or lagging.

Hello all. 2 big questions! any help deeply appreciated.

1. I have an HP dv9700t notebook and would like to dual boot XP with kalyway 10.5.2. I noticed that people have problems with certain things not working such as the WIFI. are there any fixes regarding the WIFI. And if i must purchase a new wifi chipset, how would i go about installing it? also would the headphone output of my notebook work when i'm using OSX?

2. Also I have a 250gb harddrive. I mainly use windows xp for software (over 150gb of software). I want to seperate 200GB for windows XP and all of my windows software. Then I want to use the rest of the 50GB for OSX. I also have a music folder that I would like to access on both harddrives. how will i go about doing that?

thanks in advanced! :unsure:

Hello all. 2 big questions! any help deeply appreciated.

1. I have an HP dv9700t notebook and would like to dual boot XP with kalyway 10.5.2. I noticed that people have problems with certain things not working such as the WIFI. are there any fixes regarding the WIFI. And if i must purchase a new wifi chipset, how would i go about installing it? also would the headphone output of my notebook work when i'm using OSX?

2. Also I have a 250gb harddrive. I mainly use windows xp for software (over 150gb of software). I want to seperate 200GB for windows XP and all of my windows software. Then I want to use the rest of the 50GB for OSX. I also have a music folder that I would like to access on both harddrives. how will i go about doing that?

thanks in advanced! :(

hi,

1. for wifi you need to hack the bios to be able to switch cards, atheros and broadcom, work out of box, just check chipset on forums for comp.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry859175

2. hard drive, shrink in windows, format as fat, then in osx installer, format as journaled, then install.or use 2nd hard drive, just incase.

for accessing in both, can use virt software, use storage drive as fat, or ntfs software. all those options work well just pick one

kev

hi,

1. for wifi you need to hack the bios to be able to switch cards, atheros and broadcom, work out of box, just check chipset on forums for comp.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry859175

2. hard drive, shrink in windows, format as fat, then in osx installer, format as journaled, then install.or use 2nd hard drive, just incase.

for accessing in both, can use virt software, use storage drive as fat, or ntfs software. all those options work well just pick one

kev

thanks for the reply.

regarding your answer to my first question, does atheros and broadcom work without having to hack the bios? also which wifi chipset model is best?

i found this guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

does it serve my purpose in regards to dual booting osx on my dv9700t? also, would my firewire and usb ports work?

i know thats alot of questions..sorry. but thanks

thanks for the reply.

regarding your answer to my first question, does atheros and broadcom work without having to hack the bios? also which wifi chipset model is best?

i found this guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

does it serve my purpose in regards to dual booting osx on my dv9700t? also, would my firewire and usb ports work?

i know thats alot of questions..sorry. but thanks

You need to hack the BIOS no matter what. HP laptops are locked only to use HP parts, and HP doesn't allow the use of third party wireless card. The hack is just to allow the wireless card to the whitelist so you will not get the "error 104".

Once the card is added to the safe or white list, it works out of the box. I can confirm that ALL USB and the firewire works on my DV6500T.

As for dual booting, you can dual boot all you want, as long as you know-how. I've done it with XP and OSX86, and Vista and OSX86. I have not try triple booting.

Well my Broadcom BCM94321MC wireless card decided to died on me. Lucky that I bought a DW 1390 card on eBay; and I received two! ;)

dv9700t: There are plenty of threads about your problem. I don't want to sound rude or anything but google will find almost anything.

i just got kalyway 10.5.2 up and running on my dv9700t semi-successfully. right now i have no audio, and i can't set my resolution to its max 1680x1050. can anyone help with this? btw my graphic card is nvidia 8600m GS 512mb

well. I yahoo'd the problem and found solutions to both. NVinstaller for video. ALC268 for audio. as for audio, you have to change output to headphone if youre gonna use the headphone out. and when using built in speakers, you cant mute.

i'm pretty :censored2: ckin happy with myself at this point. all i need to do now is get myself a new wifi card and figure out how to hack the bios

how did u guys figure out what kind of laptop you have. my laptop says dv9000 on top but under the laptop it says dv9614 and in bios it says dv9500. which one would it be? and whats the best release to install on it?

The DV9000 is the series based frame; like the DV6500T, DV6000 is the series based frame. Your model is the DV9500. The DV9614 is the model being sold in store. If you purchase from HP, it's either DV6500, DV6700, DV9500, DV9700, etc. Yes it's confusing, but you'll get the hang of it.

well. I yahoo'd the problem and found solutions to both. NVinstaller for video. ALC268 for audio. as for audio, you have to change output to headphone if youre gonna use the headphone out. and when using built in speakers, you cant mute.

i'm pretty :D ckin happy with myself at this point. all i need to do now is get myself a new wifi card and figure out how to hack the bios

ALC268 Installer 1 defaults to the speaker, whereas ALC Installer 2 defaults to the headphones.

The DV9000 is the series based frame; like the DV6500T, DV6000 is the series based frame. Your model is the DV9500. The DV9614 is the model being sold in store. If you purchase from HP, it's either DV6500, DV6700, DV9500, DV9700, etc. Yes it's confusing, but you'll get the hang of it.

thanks for the quick. so which release do you think i should install which would give me the best results (i.e: as many functions working as possible)?

thanks for the quick. so which release do you think i should install which would give me the best results (i.e: as many functions working as possible)?

its a personel choice, i prefer, have had good luck with eddies Leo4all, i just installed Jas's new one on a friends and was very impressed. I had proplems with kaly, i think because of torrent problems, but could be release. And if you want retail method works well. For retail you download a iso of dfes bootloader or make your own, then switch it for retail disk and install. this method is a little harder as you need a knowledge of kexts, but you will learn a lot and have a cleaner system that you can use apple updates with. All have pluses and minuses. If i were you i would start with patched then if intrested try retail after reading and research a little. After install with any method you will still neede to patch audio and hack bios for wifi switch, and use nvinstaller for video, or efi strings. Anyway post your problems here, or try google first it works much better than insanely mac search.

Good luck and welcome

kev

hi,

I have a little problem after installing Kalyway 10.5.2

1. USB problem -

EDIT :: It appears that usb works ONLY IF the device is plugged in before/during startup. Any device that is plugged in after osx has booted up will not work.

2. Ethernet problem - EDIT :: Ethernet also ONLY works if ethernet cable is plugged in before/during startup.

3. i havn't tested firewire, but it looks as though it'll yield the same results as above.

EDIT!! USB PROBLEM IS SOLVED THANKS TO THIS THREAD http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

It turns out my kernel version didn't match my kext version. ethernet still doesn't work unless i have it plugged in during/before boot

Today I got my HP 6114tx Laptop and its sitting right here with me, I have added 2GB (ddr2) Ram stick so its now 2.5 and got Western Digital 250 GB hard disk too.

I can boot iAtkos 4vi dvd but I have to use 'platform=x85 -legacy -v' boot param to start, I even got it installed and in rush didnt select any other kernel so wht it installs by default was selected, After reboot I got Apple gray boot-screen but later got error logo right in center of it , -v shows it stops at 'waiting for root' error.

Now i cant start bootable dvd at all, even using that param doesnt matter.

Anyone got this sucessfully installed? I am sure there is someone else here to with same model as I have. Please guys i need your help now, waiting for my laptop to return for 2 months.

Meanwhile i will try to wipe the HD with linux disk or something and try luck again. hopefully someone from you will reply me with correct ISO , ( i also got kalyway 10.5.3 ( or 2. donno) dvd).

I DIDDD IT Wuuuhooooo.

installed iAtkos 4vi with 9.4 kernel . below is screenshot. i obviously didnt get wifi working but i was surprised to see Cam working and asking me to take snap when i was making profile on first boot. interesting stuff.

C u laters. i will have calm sleep. ( i will obviously add new howto for this, i am sure lots of peeps are fedup with kalyway not releasing 10.5.4 update etc ).

post-11993-1219703805_thumb.png

Hi!

I have leo4all v3 installed on my machine. If anybody wants to check the complete system configuration, you can by going here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dch4fn3p_14dphvq2gm

I have 2 major issues:

1. I need to get the internet working and need to get the ethernet card installed (NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller)

2. I need to get the display driver working cause i just see 1024 display... (NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150)

Guys i really need to get this done..... I tried to search and also checked this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12933 but didnt work out.

any help would be highly appreciated..... thnx in advance

[EDIT] This is what it says when i ran DPCIManager - 10de:0244 nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (thought this might help)

thnx and waiting

Hi!

I have leo4all v3 installed on my machine. If anybody wants to check the complete system configuration, you can by going here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dch4fn3p_14dphvq2gm

I have 2 major issues:

1. I need to get the internet working and need to get the ethernet card installed (NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller)

2. I need to get the display driver working cause i just see 1024 display... (NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150)

Guys i really need to get this done..... I tried to search and also checked this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12933 but didnt work out.

any help would be highly appreciated..... thnx in advance

[EDIT] This is what it says when i ran DPCIManager - 10de:0244 nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (thought this might help)

thnx and waiting

does it have to be lan, why not just wlan. yours is supported or am i missing something?

So does any one know what card to but to get wireless working I think dell, that's compatable with leopard

its not important who makes it, its the chipset inside, but yes dell uses mostly broadcom so for the most part that is a save assumption. not all broadcoms are supported by osx, and i think the new atheros cards are faster with better range, not tested it justed works better for me in my house, but also is a newer chipset with all three antenna verusus the two on broadcom chipset.

kevin

does it have to be lan, why not just wlan. yours is supported or am i missing something?

In case if i can get the LAN working, it would be of great help.... if not then i always have te opion to switch to wlan....

and second thing is in my opinion LAN is better than WLAN.....