HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

its not important who makes it, its the chipset inside, but yes dell uses mostly broadcom so for the most part that is a save assumption. not all broadcoms are supported by osx, and i think the new atheros cards are faster with better range, not tested it justed works better for me in my house, but also is a newer chipset with all three antenna verusus the two on broadcom chipset.

kevin

well what card has the 3 antennas and should i purchase that will fit in hp?

• 2 weeks later...
well what card has the 3 antennas and should i purchase that will fit in hp?

i'm a dv9700t user and heres my take on how i got wifi to work. you first need to have a hacked bios which i obtained from LRZRAGE in a thread titled "hp dv600t laptop". the hacked bios allows you to use various wifi cards without error. then I purchased a Dell PC559 1390 wifi chip/card. i'm not sure what you mean by "antennas" but if youre talking about the 3 connectors that connect to the wifi chip, then you don't need a wifi chip with 3 connectors. the pc559 chip only has two. i hooked up cable 1 and cable 2 but didnt connect cable 3 (cable 1 on the left and cable 2 on the right).

good luck

Patched HP Phoenix BIOS to allow any wifi card:

F.58A - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120190 (DV9500)

F.29 - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283 (DV6500)

note: my laptop is a dv9500t but in the right hand corner it says DV9000 -- please check hp website with your p/n number and see what the most current BIOS is for your system.

This is for all the people who are struggling with their ethernet card "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller"

I have mentioned the link on which I have posted a step by step approach in order to get the ethernet to work in leopard. You can check the same by following the link mentioned below:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry894159

(Guess I am too lazy to write down all the steps again hence mentioning the link)

Hopefully the method should work which I followed.

Snake!!!!!

Snake!!!!!

Snaaakkkkeeeee!!!!

(Play Metal Gear Solid 4 if you havent still)

Hello. I have a dv9000 series (9500) and everything works except Wi-fi and memory card reader.

Have any of you managed to get card reader to work? it would be nice if you give me some links to info.

My webcam is working, but only in ichat so thats kinda weird. tnx :angel:

hey, i have a dv9614ca also known as dv9000 and i installed kalyway 10.5.2 and almost everything works. can someone please tell me how to get qe/ci on my x3100? as well as how to get the builtin camera working. and finally how to get the wireless card working? i tried the iwi3965 but no dice. if anyone can help me that would be really appreciated. thanks

edit: is it possible to get the quick launch buttons on top of my keyboard working as well? right now all i can use is the volume ones.

Hi all, need some help. I just learned about being able to run Leopard on a PC from one of my buds yesterday. Through his instruction I used the BOOT-132 w/mod kexts to get started and got Leopard (retail version) installed on a separate partition on my second HD in this HP dv9000. I've gotten Leopard to update, but I'm having a few issues.

I can boot to leopard (usint the boot-132 boot cd), but it's not recognizing the on board laptop keyboard (have to use an usb external), the mouse pad (using an external usb mouse), no sound and no wireless (hard lan port pulg directly into the wall with no issues). Everything else seems to work fine, video, etc. What do I need to do; not the smartest when it comes to these sort of things. Any help you be great!

iATKOS v4i 10.5.4

dv6245ca

What's Working

Video

Audio

Webcam

Network - With tweak

SATA native support - With tweak

What's not working

Wireless

Using the default iATKOS v4i setup wouldn't work with SATA and the network card. To get SATA native support working I needed the AHCI fix. I disabled SATA native support, installed the fix, and turned it back on. It requires starting with "-f" so I did this to automatically start with "-f".

To enabled the Intel Pro/100 VE I follow these instructions. I modified /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist and the id 0x10928086.

Kalyway 10.5.4-

Hp Pavillion dv6000t CTO

1.86 ghz core 2 duo

2 gb ddr2-667 ram

120gb fujitsu drive

Whats working:

-sound

-touch sound control and mute

-sleep

Whats not working:

-USB!!- booting up osx with the usb device attach (ext harddrive) will show up in the About this Mac specs under usb, but I cant access it

-when i just plug it in while osx is running, nothing shows up. device powers up and everything, but no indication of a fix. Anybody know how to fix this?

-wireless

-webcam not tested

-ethernet- havent done much testing yet on ethernet though.

Yeah I just really need usb functionality and any help from you guys would be just great.

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Pavilion dv9548ca

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.58, 16/06/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

CD: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA Device

Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes) (oddly enough, I used the 512 njector)

Installed vis Kalway 10.5.2, first try. I tried with iATKOS 4i and failed miserably.

efi

default stock kernal

nvinject 512

removed -thermal kext

WHAT'S WORKING:

Webcam after installing iUSBCam

LAN

Expansion port

Expansion port HDDs

Volume + Mute

Dual Displays

VGA

HDMI

Firewire

WHAT NOT WORKING:

Wireless

QuickPlay Controls

Card Slot

HD Digital TV Card

Sleep

Digital Audio

Headphone Jacks

Microphone

USB devices don't mount after boot.

UNTESTED

Infared

Modem

Card Reader

Media Center Remote

edit: is it possible to get the quick launch buttons on top of my keyboard working as well? right now all i can use is the volume ones.

yes and no. Right now, I have the volume up, volume down, and the mute button (although all it does is just flash a mute symbol on the screen when pressed). The other buttons would need a kext or something. It would be cool if I could skip songs, pause, play a DVD or anything like that right from the quicklaunch buttons.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to successfully update Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 with a dv6000 w/ Intel GMA 950?

I've tried nearly every way I've found, but haven't been able to do it.

Or for that matter, is there a way to get version 10.5.3 or above using any hack of osx w/ Intel GMA 950?

Hey folks I am pulling my hair out trying to install and hoping someone can help me. I have a DV6000 with Intel CPUs, Broadcom wireless, and Intel graphics and am trying to install with ideneb 1.3 / 10.5.5

I've done about 30 installs and tried about every combo of options (including none) and keep coming up with the same error when I boot with the -v option. It is:

Package 0 didn't get an HPET, repeated several times until...

Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x1BB81C93): No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly...

Is there anything specific I should try? I've tried the CPU=1 option on install both on and off.