HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

I started a new DV6000 & DV9000 Intel thread for leopard, Please start a AMD thread to discuss Amd issues.

Please Post as

Leopard Install - ToH Rc2

HP Laptop Model

Whats Working

Video

Audio

Network

Whats no working

ATM I havn't gotten it to reboot w/o having the ToH dvd in drive

About mac shows Intel Solo instead of Duo (yeah I know its using duo just like it to show it)

Wireless due to the intel wirless, I'm ordering a dell 1390 to replace to get wireless working

Sleep isn't waking up

Fan tends to stay on longer, if going off at all

Any insight to fix, or tweaks to fix what not working please throw in your thoughts.

Just thought I would throw in, I wanted to try a different approach, and i now have system working about 95%, Still won't come back up if it goes into sleep mode, but I did fix it too boot w/o dvd in drive. I havn't had any external speakers to test the audio outputs, but i will post as i do...

Anyone else feel free to post your intel dv6000 or dv9000 info.

My girlfriend has one, I'm searching a release where everything is working. Maybe I'll begin with tiger. I want about everything to be working on it, especially wireless access.

I'm continuing to read the forum to find the best version for her !!

I have a DV9000t CTO

C2D T5600

2GB RAM

160GB Seagate HD

Geforce 7600 (256MB)

1680x1050 display

Dell 1390 Wireless card with hacked BIOS

Integrated Bluetooth

I have sound, video (QE/CI enabled), wireless, bluetooth (even bluetooth headphones which never worked in Tiger), and just about everything except sleep working in Leopard. I installed uphuck 1.4i r2 to a clean partition with appropriate patches, then installed ToH overtop the same partition in order to get it working. The only things that I haven't tested that I can think of are the mic/headphone ports, and the camera. Although I doubt the mic/headphone ports are working anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

For mine DV6506TX,

the only working stuff is the buildin ethernet and bluebooth button.

i've use the clean install of Leopard From ToH RC2 cd work very nice on installation.

other issue still trying to find solution from other thread to work out.

maybe sometime i need to find WisdomWolf solution to make manything work.

Hello at all, i'm italian, so i don't write english well.

I have a Pavilion DV9379ea, i have installed Leopard Toh and it's all ok.

For my Geforce Go 7600 512 MB i used NVinjectGo 512 MB: all ok, resolution, QE and CI, but i think there are some problem about color depth, i have 32 bit color but in some case i see nonlinear color.

For audio i used AzaliaAudio: it's ok but i can't use mic and i can't use jack out.

Stop.

I haven't installed noone kext.

Excuseme for my english.

Bye.

M'n'M

I started a new DV6000 & DV9000 Intel thread for leopard, Please start a AMD thread to discuss Amd issues.

Please Post as

Leopard Install - ToH Rc2

HP Laptop Model

Whats Working

Video

Audio

Network

Whats no working

ATM I havn't gotten it to reboot w/o having the ToH dvd in drive

About mac shows Intel Solo instead of Duo (yeah I know its using duo just like it to show it)

Wireless due to the intel wirless, I'm ordering a dell 1390 to replace to get wireless working

Sleep isn't waking up

Fan tends to stay on longer, if going off at all

Any insight to fix, or tweaks to fix what not working please throw in your thoughts.

Just thought I would throw in, I wanted to try a different approach, and i now have system working about 95%, Still won't come back up if it goes into sleep mode, but I did fix it too boot w/o dvd in drive. I havn't had any external speakers to test the audio outputs, but i will post as i do...

Anyone else feel free to post your intel dv6000 or dv9000 info.

It appears you haven't done the post patch thingy. I was using uphuck's 1.3 (10.4.9) so when I found out I had to do some post install patching I was like... whaaat??.

The thing is you should do the post patch using BrazilMac's patch http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2008

Well, this is what I have

Mac OS X Leopard 9a581 - ToH RC2

HP Pavilion dv6135nr

Working:

Video (Intel GMA950): Full, resolution, QE and the other thing, Dual Screen, no glithing (thanks to paulicat's natit kext)

Sound (Intel HDA): Just the speakers, stereo. No mic in or line out.

USB Ports: All of them OK

DVD: Fine

Fan/Cpu temp: Fine, had to delete AppleIntelCpuManagment.kext.

Not working:

Integrated LAN (Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit ethernet): Was working fine with 10.4.9. Haven't found a solution.

WiFi (Intel 3945 ABG): Never worked. Using a D-link DWL-G122 Usb adapter.

Mic In and Line Out.

Not tested:

Card reader: Not tested, Probably not working

ExpressCard Slot: the same

Fax Modem: It should work.

Firewire: Should work too.

Thats all.

I'm going to try the PC_EFI Patch http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/734/howt...-in-hackintosh/

Cheers.

I can confirm that the EFI bootloader works, but I couldn't get past the grey apple logo screen with vanilla kernel, I had to use ToH kernel. As I mentioned before my install went to {censored} (now a total of 3 times) for seemingly no reason. Tried to get help on these boards at the time, posted pics, multiple threads, but apparently getting anyone to even respond to a new thread is like pulling teeth so I gave up on Leopard for now.

I'm sorry to hear that WisdomWolf, I'm no expert on this stuff but so far I'm having luck with ToH RC2...I mean, is working like my previous uphuck's 1.3 with the exception of the ethernet card which I can't get to work.

Did you try Installing Tiger first and then Leopard on top? I think this mostly has something to do with the bootloader, and preventing booting issues (not your case) but maybe you should give it a try. If you don't have a Tiger DVD on hand you should download kalyway "make hd bootable" ISO. It's on the Jack Sparrow Bay.. hehe.

I've had no success getting Leopard installed (blinking cursor boot) on a usb drive... I'm close to give up.

However, it's running just fine on my laptop, dual booting with Tiger (using Tiger's bootloader)

Good Luck with that, WisdomWolf, keep asking and be patient. Cheers

Just wanted to add a little update on how things are going on my end sence I started the thread.

Model - dv6226us

EFI - v52 working

BrazilMac 10.5 - Installed updated too 10.5.1 threw apple update

I'm working on a little blog to show off my install for everything working on dv6226us model and whats not working, but for now the key things to remeber is, follow the guild for perfect leopard install in the stickey. The Kalyway Make Boot CD was the KEY thing to making this work. After you install you will get blue screen, you need to replace the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer with the brazil patched, as well as you need Brazil's AppleACPIPlatform.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext (Remeber to rename the ApplePS2Trackpad in plugins to something else so your scroll works.)

Right now I have to get my hands on a Dell 1390 mini wifi card to replace the Intel one and I'll have everything I need to use OS X on my laptop daily w/o any nonworking hardware. i can live w/o the SD card working though would be nice if someone found a way to get it working considering i have a 1gig card in the slot and nothing else too use it for.

I can also say that I successfully installed Parallels Desktop 3.0 & installed XP corp in it for the soul purpose of playing Online Poker threw Bodog, yeah i know they have mac native's around but I like bodog.

GL guys, send me a PM if you have questions I will post a link too the Blog site soon as I finish it up.

It appears you haven't done the post patch thingy. I was using uphuck's 1.3 (10.4.9) so when I found out I had to do some post install patching I was like... whaaat??.

The thing is you should do the post patch using BrazilMac's patch http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2008

Well, this is what I have

Mac OS X Leopard 9a581 - ToH RC2

HP Pavilion dv6135nr

Working:

Video (Intel GMA950): Full, resolution, QE and the other thing, Dual Screen, no glithing (thanks to paulicat's natit kext)

Sound (Intel HDA): Just the speakers, stereo. No mic in or line out.

USB Ports: All of them OK

DVD: Fine

Fan/Cpu temp: Fine, had to delete AppleIntelCpuManagment.kext.

Not working:

Integrated LAN (Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit ethernet): Was working fine with 10.4.9. Haven't found a solution.

WiFi (Intel 3945 ABG): Never worked. Using a D-link DWL-G122 Usb adapter.

Mic In and Line Out.

Not tested:

Card reader: Not tested, Probably not working

ExpressCard Slot: the same

Fax Modem: It should work.

Firewire: Should work too.

Thats all.

I'm going to try the PC_EFI Patch http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/734/howt...-in-hackintosh/

Cheers.

Same here! If my ethernet was running, would be ok!

I will post waht's working for me:

Configuration:

DV9000CTO

Intel Core Duo 2 - 2.00 - At the moment, the processor model is 2GHZ Intel Core 2 Solo

2GB 667 - All OK!

Geforce 7600go 512MB - All OK ( with NVinectgo 512MB driver )

Intel Wireless - Not working

Memory Card Reader - Not tested

Webcam - Not working

Sound - Working ( except line out and mic )

I have the same problem of Vampiryc, the MacOSX only boot with the TOH DVD in the drive.

Sorry about the bad english.

Glauber

I used the Flat image that's floating around. Dunno if its BrazilMac patch or something. Anyway:

Video: Works full 1440x900 resolution QE and everything else working (still, I doubt its 32bit...)

Sound: Works except lineout and mic

Mic: Nope

Wireless and Ethernet: Nope

USBs: Works

Webcam: Works (With some "interference". Strange thing)

Didn't test card reader and everythng else...

I have hp dv9200 CTO

Core 2 7200 17" 1680X1050

Go 7600 512

dual HD 320 GB

4 GB RAM

I did both BrazilMac and Toh RC2 - installation is a pain

I boot as usual used kalway boot CD to make the partition bootable

working

WebCam !!!!

Bluetooth

DVD

Video at low Res.

USB Firewire

Not working

ethernet

wireless

sound

I reinstalled Tiger and every thing working except the wireless. I think I will stick to Tiger untill some one have a better installation

Empra

HP dv6447om

SPECS:

Core Duo

17" 1280x800

200 GB 4500 RPM HD

2GB RAM

Installed: Leopard ToH R2

Partitions:

-158 GB Vista

-7 GB OS X (1GB Left)

-20 GB Music Partition

Working:

-Audio (Intel HDA Conexant) (Laptop Speakers Only) AzaliaAudio.pkg Topic

-Graphics (Intel GMA950 CI/QE Working Perfect!)

-Integrated Webcam working perfect out of the box

-USB Ports (all)

-Firewire (Not tested but detected with 400MB/S)

-DVD Drive Plays DVDs perfect, Havent' tested Burn Capability, but System Profiler say's its supported

-HP IR Remote Works fine with Front Row

-Dual Display 1280x800 and 1280x1024(VGA)

Not Tested:

-Firewire

-Ethernet

Not Working:

-Intel Wireless PROSet/Wireless 3945a/b/g

-Mic/Out/SPDIF

-Recover from Sleep

-Boot from OS X Partition (Have to use ToH Disk :D 'uck!) ("Empra Great"can you direct me to the solution? Thanks!!

-Multi-Card Reader

Hi Alberto Camarill,

Here´s the solution for the MacOSX boot from the TOH Disk only...

Works for me....

________________________________________________________________________________

It seems that some people can't boot their Leopard after installing it. I'm not sure what it looks like but I assume they don't get into Darwin's Bootloader without building a bridge with the Install DVD. So rofl aka roflcopterguy found a solution for this I think

Boot into the install DVD

Open Terminal from the disk

Type

/usr/misc/script.sh VOLNAME

(where VOLNAME is the name of your partition for example "Leopard")

Now reboot without the disk and you should have Leopard running

Glauber

Alberto

First I used the kalway CD to make leopard bootable partition (look for it in the usual places), you have to erase before run the installer from the CD, then re-boot into ToH and install. This how it worked for me.

I hope that help

Empra

HP dv6447om

SPECS:

Core Duo

17" 1280x800

200 GB 4500 RPM HD

2GB RAM

Installed: Leopard ToH R2

Partitions:

-158 GB Vista

-7 GB OS X (1GB Left)

-20 GB Music Partition

Working:

-Audio (Intel HDA Conexant) (Laptop Speakers Only) AzaliaAudio.pkg Topic

-Graphics (Intel GMA950 CI/QE Working Perfect!)

-Integrated Webcam working perfect out of the box

-USB Ports (all)

-Firewire (Not tested but detected with 400MB/S)

-DVD Drive Plays DVDs perfect, Havent' tested Burn Capability, but System Profiler say's its supported

-HP IR Remote Works fine with Front Row

-Dual Display 1280x800 and 1280x1024(VGA)

Not Tested:

-Firewire

-Ethernet

Not Working:

-Intel Wireless PROSet/Wireless 3945a/b/g

-Mic/Out/SPDIF

-Recover from Sleep

-Boot from OS X Partition (Have to use ToH Disk :blink: 'uck!) ("Empra Great"can you direct me to the solution? Thanks!!

-Multi-Card Reader