HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

rlith: no such luck. Many people thought they could edit some kexts to make the card reader be read as a USB sdcard reader, but it isn't so because HP didn't use USB in making the integrated card reader. Sorry, no luck.

Hello, everything work on my HP Pavilion DV6113ea, I use Azalia for sound, but I don't have Jack and Mic, so wich driver I have to use?

Here my device id: 0x103C30BB

It seems to be Connexant HD.

ATTN DV9000 users w/ Kalyway install:

Has ANYONE gotten the webcam to work properly? Aside from the wireless (4965) which does not yet have drivers/kexts available, and shutdown/sleep, this is the only thing not working on my rig.

And thanks again to everyone in this thread. After hours of time spent researching and reinstalling, I am getting very close to having a fully functional hackbook!

Well, i haven't tried since i installed OSX, but i were able to use my webcam when i made my login picture. It worked properly.

As has been tted before, the webcam is hit or miss. It works when I use certain programs and is recognized as a USB camera device. Other times (like with iChat) it doesn't work. I think the model number (dv9000 or dv6000) also affects the reliability. Us dv9000 users have a {censored} time getting the webcam to work, but it seems like the dv6000 webcam "just works" (quote stolen from Apple, like my running copy of Mac OS X Leopard :))

Haha, I feel so awkward in the Apple store right now. I'm the only guy in here that uses Mac OS X on his HP notebook. Right now, so many people are in here. Man, I hate malls.

success finally!

i had a lot of trouble with this...hopefully it helps out other pavillion dv9535us or whoever else has the integrated intel gma 3100 and is trying to run 10.5.2

initially i had no problem running the iatkos 10.5.1 because it included the x3100 drivers from paulicat. the kalyway 10.5.1 on the other hand would always crash my system, as i later found out because of lack of video drivers. so with the help of MitchBomcanhao's thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=94511

i was able to get 10.5.2 running nicely on a 3100...basically the way i did it was slightly different

a)install kaly 10.5.1, reboot

b)boot into safe mode (hit any key, then -x)

c)install kaly updater 10.5.2 from usb, reboot

--for some reason here my computer rebooted a couple of times, once i had to hard reboot--

d)boot into safe mode a second time

e)install the leopard graphics 1.0 update

f)reboot a third time, this time normally

and now i have 10.5.2 and a good video

i know most of you guys are way ahead of me in getting your systems running but i figured i would post this to help out any noobs like myself who have been having problems with the intel gma x3100

My specs: CPU

CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo

CPU Speed T7300(2.00GHz)

CPU FSB 800MHz

CPU L2 Cache 4MB

Chipset

Chipset Intel GM965

Display

Screen Size 17.0"

Wide Screen Support Yes

LCD Features BrightView

Display Type Wide XGA+

Resolution 1440 x 900

Operating Systems

Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium

Graphics

GPU/VPU Intel GMA X3100

Video Memory Shared system memory

Graphic Type Integrated Card

Hard Drive

HDD 160GB

HD RPM 5400rpm

HD Interface SATA

since it looks like it might be a while, if ever, that the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection drivers are developed for 10.5 has anyone had any luck swapping out the internal wireless adaptor in their 6000/9000?

i'm not sure if it's soldered in on my machine or not...any recommendations on what to put in its place, or a cheap wireless mac compatible express card that does the trick?

thanks (i'm desperate for the wireless as you can tell ;-)

we all are desperate for working wireless. I did find these Mac-compatible wireless cards, I guess you could give those a shot. http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet/the-W...ible/Categories

P.S. Don't go into the Apple store and tell the Genius Bar guy that your wireless isn't working and then whip out your dv9500 running Leopard. He just kinda looked at me and politely told me that Apple didn't support my hardware. Darn lol.

hi all,

I managed to install the iAtkos 1.0i on my dv 6000, am now using single boot 10.5.1 Mac OS (Yay!)

Specs:

intel core 2 duo 1.66 Ghz T5500

160 GB

DVD-RW Mat{censored}a

Nvidia GeForceGo 7400

2 gb DDR 2

Now, here's what's working and what's not

DVD burning - OK

Video card- OK , using nvinject

webcam-stable under Skype, YM, crashes in iChat (why?)

Ethernet-OK

Bluetooth -OK

ABG Wireless-not working

Sound - seen as HD Audio (only one device in output list), built -in microphone is dead, headphone and SPDIF jacks also not functional..

Synaptics Touchpad-OK, click tapping, both buttons work, no scroll though

Multimedia buttons- only mute and vol up/down work

remote control-same functions as the multimedia button

Shut down, restart OK (after flagging the HFS+ partition with "/boot" in Gparted)

I've tried the famous Taruga release, azalia et co and nothing works. Has anybody on a dv6000 managed to get any sound output on their headphone jack, or manage to get the System Preferences->Sound->Output list to show more than "HD Audio Output"?

The whole system crashed when I tried to update it to 10.5.2 using the official apple update-something about a HPET etc

Haven't tried unofficial releases of 10.5.2 yet.

we all are desperate for working wireless. I did find these Mac-compatible wireless cards, I guess you could give those a shot. http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet/the-W...ible/Categories

P.S. Don't go into the Apple store and tell the Genius Bar guy that your wireless isn't working and then whip out your dv9500 running Leopard. He just kinda looked at me and politely told me that Apple didn't support my hardware. Darn lol.

hahaha peppie you are hilarious...you've got bigger stones than me, that's for sure. i love macs and all, but my impression of the genius bar is that it doesn't quite live up to its name. at least he was polite about it though. :(

Yes, use the HDA driver Developed by toruga and it should work fine.

Does anybody managed to get the Battery meter working. I've Tryed this method without sucsess:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

And the sleep?

I'm waiting for the Intel 3945 wireless drivers aswell.

Leopard 10.5.1 [Kalyway] + Upgrade with kalyway combo 10.5.2 + Upgrade Kernel to 9.2.0

Brand: Hp DV6626us

CPU: 2.0 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5250 with Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology

Memory :2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB)

VGA : Intel GMA X3100, VGA Output, S-Video Output - Working with Software Update Display:15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Sound Realtek ACL268 HDA - Working with driver From Taruga Mic : built-in working & front panel Not Tested

Camera : Hp built-in web cam Not Working with FotoBooth, but fine with iChat & Skype

Network Card Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN - Working

Wireless : Intel WirelessPro 3945ABG - Not Working

Battery Meter : Not working

Remote Control: Working in Front-row & iTunes

MM buttons: Volume Up/down Working Mute Working but does not mute.

Sleep: Not working

Shutdown: Only sometimes

Restart: Working

Hi,

I have HP DV 9704 TX pavillion computer. Triple boot successful.

Windows Xp

Windows Vista Ultimate 32

MAC OS x 10.5.2

Everything is working perfectly. Webcam only works when you are connected to the Yahoo messenger or MSN messenger . Image quality is far more superior as compared to windows XP and Vista

Regards,

Stealth

Whenever I need to shutdown, The screen dims and the "You need to restart your computer" thing pops up. I just have to hard shut down by holding in power. It doesn't really bother me that much right now, but I would like a fix. Oh well.

I have a HP dv6716ez, With EVERYTHING WORKING!!!

Graphics WORKING QE/CI

Sound WORKING Mic, Speaker, Headphones

Wireless BCM94312 in Airport

Trackpad WORKING with scroll

Power Management WORKING.....

HP WebCAM WORKING native

Let me stop here, the bottom line is EVERYTHING is working!!

(with some patching, but still no major fiddling) EVERYTHING!

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC

Processor Name: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5550 @

Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 2.67 GHz

I really tried to get an Apple MacBook Pro(so I had the money) but between eBay and some doggy dealer in China after two weeks this is the best alternative, although somewhat illegal

SticMAN

ps I'll update my Sig soon

Well I tried Leo4All Leopard 10.5.2 on my DV9267ea and it installed ok on a partition on my second hard drive. I then used easy BCD in Vista to add the OSx partition to boot.

It boots up ok and runs ok but I cant get graphics to work ( 7600GO 512Mb) . Tried nvinject go etc but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I hear people mentioning adding device ID to a kext file etc but not sure that applies ?

Anyway, as people here are having success with Kalyway 10.5.1 I'm going to download it and give it a try.

Can anyone point me towards guide to installing nvinject go properly and fully once I've done this ?

Ignore my above post - it is now working ok. solution was to download and install the apple leopard Graphics fix 1.0 and along with NVInjectGo 512Mb it's now running at native resolution.

And so.......

Model: HP DV9268ea.

Processor:Intel® Core2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66 GHz

HD- 2 x 120Gb Western digital

Osx86 Version- 10.5.2 Leo4All v2 - Installed on a 30Gb partition on second HD with Vista on first HD and used Easy BCD in Vista to make OSX partition bootable once it was installed.

WORKING[/u

Graphics: Nvidia 9600GO 512Mb - with NVInjectGO-512Mb & Apple Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 (wont work without this)

Ethernet - Intel PRO/1000

Bluetooth (Integrated)

Sound - speakers ok but no mic or headphone jack . Mute & volume change buttons work. Using

NOT WORKING

Wireless - Intel drivers not developed yet. might buy a USB wireless

Card Reader

Not Tested - sleep

Very happy anyway and will be doing a proper Vista/OSx dual boot on 120gb HD soon with my other 120Gb HD as my data drive.

Dylan

Furry, I have a HP dv6716ez, which is a baby compared to yours! here is a bit of advice.....

My manual said i had this Wireless card installed:

Intel PRO Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g

and 802.11b/g with 2 antennae integrated

into the display

which we all know the driver is not happening BUt upon opening the thing at the bottom I found it was a BCM 94312 which has a driver, so do yourself a favour and physically check yours you might just get lucky!

What Audio card do you have in it and what driver did you use?

SticMAN

Ignore my above post - it is now working ok. solution was to download and install the apple leopard Graphics fix 1.0 and along with NVInjectGo 512Mb it's now running at native resolution.

And so.......

Model: HP DV9268ea.

Processor:Intel® Core™2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66 GHz

HD- 2 x 120Gb Western digital

Osx86 Version- 10.5.2 Leo4All v2 - Installed on a 30Gb partition on second HD with Vista on first HD and used Easy BCD in Vista to make OSX partition bootable once it was installed.

WORKING[/u

Graphics: Nvidia 9600GO 512Mb - with NVInjectGO-512Mb & Apple Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 (wont work without this)

Ethernet - Intel PRO/1000

Bluetooth (Integrated)

Sound - speakers ok but no mic or headphone jack . Mute & volume change buttons work. Using

NOT WORKING

Wireless - Intel drivers not developed yet. might buy a USB wireless

Card Reader

Not Tested - sleep

Very happy anyway and will be doing a proper Vista/OSx dual boot on 120gb HD soon with my other 120Gb HD as my data drive.

Dylan

HP dv 9500 with iatkos 10.5.1 and kalyway 10.5.2 updater

not working:

shutdown/sleep

mute (doesn't bother me that much though)

wifi of course

boot up is slow

kinda like to fix shut down/sleep problem but i'd much rather fix my slow boot up problem... takes about 2 min to get into vista, about 1-2 to get into ubuntu, about 5-8 min to get into mac... which is really annoying me...if anyone has suggestions i'd love to hear them

Stickman- Do you mean physically open my laptop to look at it ?Audio - as far as I can see it shows up in windows as Connexant HD sound card. Cant find the drivers I used again - it was on the leo4all DVD that I have left at work ! But it was a multi-drivers. installer that installed drivers for a handful of sound cards. In OSx it shows up as Intel HD sound card. As it was only a couple of days ago I got this working I'm still getting used to it all and will spend some time in teh coming weeks trying out different options to see what works.any advice alyways welcome. I'll get back to you tomorrow with the audio drivers.Dylan

kinda like to fix shut down/sleep problem but i'd much rather fix my slow boot up problem... takes about 2 min to get into vista, about 1-2 to get into ubuntu, about 5-8 min to get into mac... which is really annoying me...if anyone has suggestions i'd love to hear them
My boot up was really slow and I think it was graphics related as it seemed to fix itself when I finally got my graphics card working ok ( which was nvinjectgo 512mb and apple Leopard graphics patch 1.0)Whilst i was looking for my graphics fix I saw a lot of posts that mentioned slow boot related to 512mb graphics cards. That's all I can helkp as I'm still a novice having only done my first install 2 days ago !Dylan

Yes, why? :(

It has a warranty doesn't it?

It's only two screws, and it is also the place to put more ram in! I stuffed 4GB in and WOW!! there is no seals or anything so it should be fine!

SticMAN

Stickman- Do you mean physically open my laptop to look at it