HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

please can anybody help me with leopard..ive installed it 20 times today and i get the same result..did you guys install darwin boot efi?.. are you guys using the stock kernel?.. what options did you guys choose....please a quick HP installation guide would be helpful..anybody...

should i even use the stock kernel..how did you guys install it?

Sorry about the ambiguity, but yes, hplaptopmac sent me a driver package (we have almost identical laptops). I could send you the link to see if it works, but I'm not sure exactly. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=20137

Beniboy, I know this sounds really basic, but when you are installing stuff, only install darwin bootloader and efi and thats it. Dont worry about everything else. It should work (depending on your distro). I was just like you, I didn't know if I should choose stock kernel or if I needed to remove kexts or what. I got pointed to a guide that told me just to install darwin bootloader and efi and it worked for me. Albeit, I didn't have sound and screen resolution was really crappy, but at least I could work off of it.Hope this helps.

peppie, i tried only installing the basic, but same problem.. =[ ...i even used the iatkos guide on wiki...and still nothing... =[ ..

one question when you say and EFI do you mean from the customize section on install?...or the bootloader?

current song= Simple plan- "how can this happen to me"

Are you using the original Iatkos install disc or the R2 patch? In the original, just run the darwin boot loader utility from the menu at the top (forgot which one it is under exactly, maybe utilities or tools?) and install darwin boot loader and efi on the correct discs/partitions, close that once it is done and then select the volume to install Leopard to and then press install and it should work. If you are using Iatkos and the R2 patch is installed, go to customize and then click on the plus sign next to the bootloader and just select EFI darwin bootloader (make sure that stock kernel and stock ACPIPlatform.kext are not selected, it will crash the system).

Hope that helps.

Hey

I've a HP Pavilion DV9271ea laptop with thease specs:

1,8 Intel Core 2 Duo processor

Nvidia GoForce 7600

160 GB hd

DVD burn drive

Upgraded from 1 to 2 GB ram

I've used Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 for installation, and I've formatted my hard drive as guid.

But I can't boot into Leopard after installation. There just came a black screen a I've waiting for hours but I will not boot.

I've also tried to format my hard drive as mbr, but it will still not boot. Can someone please tell me to fix that and how I get the others things to work. I will be very glad especially if someone can help me with my boot problem.

hey guys.. long time no see. I have tried iatkos 1.0r1 and it installed fine, but the speedstep doesn't always load up after each boot up. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, it seems that speedstep is not working too well even when loaded..

thanks for any tips..!

btw - does anyone know if kalyway is better for HPs? I'm the guy that wrote the ol' dv6000t from the tiger forum and this leopard is almost perfect, if not for these problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed kalyway along with XP and Vista installed. Everything went super smooth. I'm now triple booting Leopard, Vista, and XP. I use CHAIN0 and vistabootpro for booting. I'm in leopard right now and am loving it. Sound working with ALC268_Installer2 and video with the nvinject .3 thing. I'm super excited. I'm not ever sure how to get speedstep to work or what it is... I had to put sleep to never because it freezes when it begins to sleep.

EDIT: installed kalyway 10.5.2 combo update. repaired permissions. restarted. installed 9.2 vanilla kernel using the kalyway kernel install package. repaired permissions. now, boot up is very very very very SLOW and SLUGGISH when i type vanilla. UGH.

EDIT: when i don't type vanilla at boot option boot up is super fast, but is it using the proper kernel?

Hi all,

I have a dv9260nr with Leopard 10.5.2 (iaktos) everything is running smoothly except (wireless which I already know is being worked on) and my input for my headphones, but my speakers do work perfectly. I went to system perfences and looked to see if I can change it that way, but it just states that I have HD Audio Output. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well, i did that mistake to install 10.5.2 via the software updater. Now i got Kernel Panic everytime i start my computer.

How many have accually installed this kalyway 10.5.2 combo update ? How many can confirm it works?

Could someone help me out?

I have a DV6700 with the following:

2.0C2D

4gb ram

Nvidia graphics

Intel 3945 wireless

160gb drive

dvd burner

etc.

I tried running iatkos 1.0 and doing practically every install variation and I constantly get a kernel panic. Anyone know what I should do?

Anyone know what might be my problem? I also have tried kalyway 10.5.1 install and it hosed my vista install twice. Am I doing something wrong here? I select MBR and nvidia 7 laptop drivers and installed but keep getting a kernel panic. Should I be choosing vanilla kernel? I'm almost positive that last time I tried vanilla kernel it did not work either.

I used Iatkos 1.0R2. All I selected was darwin bootloader EFI (just the bootloader, not the stock kernel or stock ACPIPlatform). If you are using just the R1, then run the darwin utility (yes and yes for darwin/efi, you need to pick and choose your own harddrive/partition)

Anyone know what might be my problem? I also have tried kalyway 10.5.1 install and it hosed my vista install twice. Am I doing something wrong here? I select MBR and nvidia 7 laptop drivers and installed but keep getting a kernel panic. Should I be choosing vanilla kernel? I'm almost positive that last time I tried vanilla kernel it did not work either.
As someone said, don't choose the plugin and drivers now. Just choose the bootloader, and the OS.

Edit: Just wanted to tell everyone that my update to 10.5.2 were successful with kalyway combo updater.

After almost 30 total hours of working on my DV9000 I finally have both Kalyway 10.5.2 working dual booted with Vista. The only issue I have now is getting the graphics card installed so I can change my resolution. I've tried many methods out there and have done alot of thread searches but in the end, Leopard won't boot and I have to reinstall. Does anyone have the exact steps on how to install the graphics card? I have a Nvidia GeForce Go 7600. Thanks in advance.

I did and it had put me into a Kernel Panic. What I did afterwards was I copied the DMG file of my working copy (after reinstallation) onto an external hard drive and then I thought I would try NVInject once again. This time, it worked!! So my graphics card is now working beautifully. I used the NVinjectGo 512mb Installer. For those who are wondering.

Currently I am running Vista and Kalyway 10.5.1, I am wondering if I do the update to 10.5.2 with Kalyway's combo update, do you guys think that'll give me a kernel panic?

Also. Does anyone know if the wireless card in the dv9000 is an intel one or a broadcom one. I know the intel drivers are still being developed but I believe the broadcom ones are working (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23684). Wireless would just be great..

YES! Thank you guys, I got Kalyway 10.5.1 to install but the thing is that when I install Leopard first, I only have my Vista recovery cd (which formats the entire drive upon recovery), and even if I try to install Leopard after Vista, when I partition the drive Leopard formats the Vista partition. Is there any way to lock one partition down from having it wiped out by the other installer? Or is it possible to partition the drive without losing data?

I tried both partitioning the drive from scratch (meaning the partition wasn't prepared) using the Disk Utility and even preparing the partition with Acronis Disk Director and both were still wiped. Well, not necessarily wiped; it formats both as htfs.

Any info would be great. Thanks guy.

Hi guys,

Firstly, I appreciate all the posts and help provided here in these forums. It's obviously a great community and you all have helped a lot of people!

Now, if I may pick your brains...

I have been trying to run the Kalyway 10.5.1

I have an HP Pavillion dv9535us laptop (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834147434 -- hope its ok to post links)

this includes core 2 duo 2.0 GHz, integrated Intel GMA X3100 video, sata HD

I am using the Phoenix Bios F.23, which doesn't have a lot of options -- I really dont care for this bios (it made installing XP a pain). As such, I am attempting to install without making any BIOS changes.

I have a hard drive with three partitions (one for xp, one for vista, and the third for osx). I am able to format the third partition extended journal mac using the disk utility. I have tried installing the kalyway every which way i can think of (with / without vanilla, mbr selected, etc), and while I get the green check mark at the end of the installation, when I reboot I get the apple logo and the spinning circle underneath, which invariably freezes after a minute or two. Then I have to hard reboot.

I apologize if this has been asked before, I really am at my wits end (after having searched this forum and multiple others and having read about 70 pages of the kalaway thread, which I will continue with after posting this). Thank you for any help you can provide!

ps:

one other odd note -- at the risk of providing too much information -- i found that after downloading the kalyway, i had two folders / isos in the package. one folder was very small and had what appeared to be fragments of the other files in the folder with it including an iso...the other folder had a full 4 gig iso that i have used without problems. the zip file i downloaded extracted without any error using both winrar and unstuffit (for vista) so i dont really know what the purpose of that second folder with the small files was for.

YES! Thank you guys, I got Kalyway 10.5.1 to install but the thing is that when I install Leopard first, I only have my Vista recovery cd (which formats the entire drive upon recovery), and even if I try to install Leopard after Vista, when I partition the drive Leopard formats the Vista partition. Is there any way to lock one partition down from having it wiped out by the other installer? Or is it possible to partition the drive without losing data?I tried both partitioning the drive from scratch (meaning the partition wasn't prepared) using the Disk Utility and even preparing the partition with Acronis Disk Director and both were still wiped. Well, not necessarily wiped; it formats both as htfs.Any info would be great. Thanks guy.
Leopard shouldn't format any other partitions except the ones you specify it too (i.e. LEOPARD, where I installed OS X to). It shouldn't format both partitions to HFS unless you are partitioning the whole drive, even then, partitioning the whole drive would get rid of the partitions. This is kinda odd. Same with Vista, that shouldnt have to wipe out both partitions...Maybe you should try it this way: Use disk utility to partition one for Leopard and one for Vista. The way I did it was to partition a Mac OS X Journal extended for Leoaprd and a free space for Vista. After I installed Leopard onto the former, I booted into vista and installed that onto the free space, it worked for me.
I am using the Phoenix Bios F.23, which doesn't have a lot of options -- I really dont care for this bios (it made installing XP a pain). As such, I am attempting to install without making any BIOS changes.I have a hard drive with three partitions (one for xp, one for vista, and the third for osx). I am able to format the third partition extended journal mac using the disk utility. I have tried installing the kalyway every which way i can think of (with / without vanilla, mbr selected, etc), and while I get the green check mark at the end of the installation, when I reboot I get the apple logo and the spinning circle underneath, which invariably freezes after a minute or two. Then I have to hard reboot.
The phoenix BIOS sucks ass.Anyways, the easiest way to install Leopard is just to install the MBR thingy (I use iatkos, so I didnt have to worry about that option) and to only install the EFI darwin bootloader, not the kernel or ACPIPlatform. Seriously, just the MBR and EFI bootloader. It *should* work as long as your computer can handle EFI, which it can because the dv9000 is basically a cheaper macbook pro.

thank you peppie! yes, i agree the phoenix bios is wretched

do you recommend a different one? like i said, the crippled options have really been a pain in my backside (and not only for this project)

part of my frustration has been -- as you said -- the dv9000 is awfully similar to the macbook (core 2 duo, gma 3100, etc) so it should work

i will try it again using the options you suggest

unfortunately that did not work..as in the past, it froze on reboot as described above.

if you have iatkos running i think i will try that version instead of the kaly, because i've gotten nowhere with it.

i will go take a look for the iaktos -- thanks again for at least letting me know it is possible on a dv9000

ATTN DV9000 users w/ Kalyway install:

Has ANYONE gotten the webcam to work properly? Aside from the wireless (4965) which does not yet have drivers/kexts available, and shutdown/sleep, this is the only thing not working on my rig.

And thanks again to everyone in this thread. After hours of time spent researching and reinstalling, I am getting very close to having a fully functional hackbook!