HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

I started a new DV6000 & DV9000 Intel thread for leopard, Please start a AMD thread to discuss Amd issues.

Please Post as

Leopard Install - ToH Rc2

HP Laptop Model

Whats Working

Video

Audio

Network

Whats no working

ATM I havn't gotten it to reboot w/o having the ToH dvd in drive

About mac shows Intel Solo instead of Duo (yeah I know its using duo just like it to show it)

Wireless due to the intel wirless, I'm ordering a dell 1390 to replace to get wireless working

Sleep isn't waking up

Fan tends to stay on longer, if going off at all

Any insight to fix, or tweaks to fix what not working please throw in your thoughts.

Just thought I would throw in, I wanted to try a different approach, and i now have system working about 95%, Still won't come back up if it goes into sleep mode, but I did fix it too boot w/o dvd in drive. I havn't had any external speakers to test the audio outputs, but i will post as i do...

Anyone else feel free to post your intel dv6000 or dv9000 info.

==============================================================

I got slightly used HP Pavillion DV6314ea laptop for OS X installation test purposes. Installed iATKOS v1.0 and it works quite well.

The notebook has following configuration: (what and how works and what doesn't)

1.73 GHz + 1.73Ghz Intel® Centrino® Duo

Memory 1024 MB

Video Intel® GMA 950 up to 128Mb shared memory

HDD 120 GB (5400 rpm) Seagate SATA (ok)

Optic Drive TSSTcorp DVD TS-L632M Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with DL (perfectly)

Display 15.4” WXGA HD BrightView Wide (1280 x 800) (null problemo)

Fax/Modem Conexant 56K modem (didn't test)

Network Card Intel PRO/100 VE (null problemo)

WLAN BroadCom 802.11b/g (null problemo)

Sound Altec Lansing® speakers - works (out of the box)

3D Sound Conexant HD Audio 16 bit integrated -works

Keyboard 101 key compatible keyboard - works (ok, apple key in my case "ALT" key)

Pointing Device Synaptic PS2 Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated

vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons-works

PC Card Slots (haven't tested)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader (haven't tested)

Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

1 VGA port / 3 USB 2.0 ports - works / Ricoh 1 IEEE-1394 -works ok/

S-video TV out (haven't tested)

2 Headphones-output and Microphone-inputs - not working

Power: Shutdown & Restart works, sleep - doesn't, (battery meter displays in percentage only. The battery power is enough to work for good 2.5 h).

The sleep mode doesn’t work, have to find out a solution. CPU fan runs hardly when I read files, especially with pictures, on Adobe Reader 8.0, and it stops after restart.

To edit with Preview photos is practically impossible, (except resizing) color adjustment I can perform, but when I click “save” after the changes, the program crashes immediately. This never happen to other laptops I installed. The rest seems to be ok.

This is my 3rd installation of iATKOS to a different machine, first was to Toshiba Sat. A200, second-Dell Inspiron 1720. the installation of iATKOS in this Pavilion was so easy, I still can't believe it. But before I took this laptop, I made 2 a weeks extensive research on what notebook could Leopard work flawlessly. Xbench score is 84, I don't know whether is good or not, but the OS X running in HP 6314 like crazy.

I attached photos, check it out.

http://wantedebooks.com/00022201/thecat/leopardscreen-1.jpg

http://wantedebooks.com/00022201/thecat/hpsuosx-4.jpg

I'm trying on a DV9700t but a i'm getting a kernel panic on reboot ...

HP has the worst bios - no way to customise it ...

UPDATE:

I got it to work...!!! it was a disk error but...??!!

My GRFX is really slow Imean slowww so I will hunt for Video Driver NVIDIA GeForce 8600 m 512mb

Audio and ect..

the webcam worked right away, even ask me to snap a PIC for a logon ...

no more testing for today..

By the way I triple boot: Vista - wXP - OSX all 3 OS working.

hey guys,

i had 10.4.9 Jas installed, and the webcam was buggy, would turn on the blue LED, but get intermittent green in photobooth or Qamera...although it worked fine with the account login photo....until i installed 10.5.1 iAtkos with EFI, GUID partitioning, and almost everything worked natively, like i didnt need to do any changes to get my broadcom wireless apple card (working really well without the problems connecting to access points with encryption that i used to have), webcam working really well...it was a great install.

I also have the DETECT DISPLAYS button now to work as it didnt work on 10.4.9. (of course with NVinject...see my specs in sig)

OH, BTW, iAtkos EFI can only be done on MBR, so i formatted the HDD with GUID(after a backup of data), installed iAtkos with stock kernel and stock extensions, then installed EFI v8 by netkas and worked great.

I had to use ToH kernel and SMBIOS kext to be able to get speedstep working.

The only thing i really miss is SLEEP, can't get it working on iAtkos, although i had it working on 10.4.9 really well.

i installed the combo update to 10.5.2 and will try to upgrade sometimes when im ready.

I'm trying on a DV9700t but a i'm getting a kernel panic on reboot ...

HP has the worst bios - no way to customise it ...

UPDATE:

I got it to work...!!! it was a disk error but...??!!

My GRFX is really slow Imean slowww so I will hunt for Video Driver NVIDIA GeForce 8600 m 512mb

Audio and ect..

the webcam worked right away, even ask me to snap a PIC for a logon ...

no more testing for today..

By the way I triple boot: Vista - wXP - OSX all 3 OS working.

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 m 512mb  work perfect with:

NVinject installer v.33

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83931

Well, I got Leopard to work. Haven't really had time to test everything. Kind of a learning curve to figure everytihng out. Now I need to install the graphics drivers. Anybody know an easy way to install Nvidia 8600M GS drivers?

DV6626us

Processor Brand:Intel Processor Class:Core 2 Duo Processor Processor Number:T5250 Processor Speed:1.5 GHz Front Side Bus:667 MHz Mobile Technology:Centrino L2 Cache Size:2 MB Memory Type:DDR2-SDRAM Installed Memory:1 GB Maximum Memory:2 GB Memory Slots Total:2 Memory Slots Available:0 Total Hard Drive Capacity:160 GB Drive Controllers:SATA-150 Rotational Speed:5400 RPM Optical Drives:LightScribe Double Layer DVD+/-RW SuperMulti Drive: Additional Drives:LightScribe DL DVD SuperMulti Sound Support:Digital Audio (16-bit) Video Chipset Brand:Intel Video Chipset:Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 Total Available Graphics Memory (Vista):251 MB Resolution:1280 x 800 Screen Size:15.4 in Screen Type:Active Matrix LCD (TFT) Physical Aspect Ratio:16:10 (Widescreen)

Everything working

execept:

Audio Realtek ALC268

Wireless Intel 3945abg

Hi there is a fix for ALC 268 out .... its named soemtihng taruga ... search that on google the person has the updater and two installation files

jsut run them both and then the soudn works

I am running the Kalyway 10.5.2 (from 10.5.1) on an HP Pavilion DV6345US. The list of things not working are:

* Intel wireless card (replaced with $8 Dell card, works great)

* Audio out/in from headphone and mic inputs.

* Lid-down sleep mode. Sleeping from Apple menu and waking by opening the lid works fine.

* Auto scaling of the processor speed for energy saving

* SD card slots (no surprise)

* Some remote control buttons

* Needed to edit the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist to add 0x10928086 to the IOPCIMatch string to enable the RJ45 ethernet port

* TSSC TS-L632M DVD+/-RW with Lightscribe reads discs fine but throws an error before burning anything: "Unable to burn "foo.iso" (The device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry)"

the last one is the one that bugs me. The rest I understand but no burning is no good. Before I go spending money on another DVD drive, has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Toast 8 works fine. Disk Utility, Finder and iTunes do not.

don't hate on me please. I'm a newbie at this, a mac lover at heart, but opted for an amazing deal on a computer that I absolutely love, the HP dv9500t. Here are the specs, and I installed iATKOS 1.0i already. It runs, but my graphics are terrible, I have no wireless, and no sound.

HP DV9500T 17.0" NOTEBOOK PC

Intel CORE 2 DUO T7300 2.0GHz

4GB RAM

400GB DUAL HDD

LS DVD+-RW DL

WIRELESS

BLUETOOTH

CAMERA

MIC

HDMI PORT

511MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

(SKU#10883491)

Can someone take the time to PM a link to a how to to install 'drivers' for all of the little things that aren't working? I'm going to try for video right now. If i dont get this working in the next week or so, I'll just run vista. Its suprising stable on this setup.

Thank you.

IM running a DV9330ca

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T5500

• 1.66 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB

2048MB

240GB sata HDD (dual 120gb)

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 -256mb

and the rest of the stock HP stuff from the 9000 series...

Installed leopard, got everything working from sound to lan, video is very nice, Volume works on remote in iTunes.. media buttons do not tho (no biggie)

webcam worked during install (asked if i wanted to use a photo)

Would REALLY love to get wifi working.. Anyone know if its possible?

For sound in the dv9500 I need to install the drivers from this post.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=20138

I have the ALC268 sound card. you also need to manually change to internal speakers once they are installed and you reboot.

Video for my nvidia 8600 card worked perfectly using the nvinstallerv33 package. but once I installed this package the boot time to get into OS X takes about 3 minutes. (anyone have a fix) ? but once inside OS X, the os is very snappy and responsive.

The only things that seem to not be working for me are the Webcam, Card Reader, and Wireless card. so far everything else I have played with hardware wise seems to be running I have not tried the HDMI or external monitor port yet.

I also did the update bundle to 5.2 and then did all the rest of the updates from the apple updater. My original install was done with IAtkos1.0 dvd.

I am downloading world of warcraft now to see how it plays on a dv9500.

I hope this helps a few of you. when I come across more fixes etc. ill try and post them back into this thread. This is my first venture into OS X. I have been working on Microsoft servers and windows pc's for years and I have to say so far OS X is actually fun.

yeah this is my first time using mac osx as my OS ... More at home with windows and know how to fix most anything in that.. but this i dunno.. i found a post on this site refering to wifi drivers, i tried em, system just keeps saying reboot lol so reformat i go...

Reallly really really wanna get wifi working.. means by laptop can be portable agian lol

I tried the NVinstallerv33 that Waxon Wax linked to. It worked, I'm now at 1680 x 1050 resolution, but now everything is real slow. The only thing that makes things move faster is when I move the mouse, which is weird lol. Anyways, if anyone has an idea as to what I can do (maybe if I should upgrade to 10.5.2, would that work?

Also, Waxon Wax, how did you updrage to 10.5.2, you can pm me, or i might pm you.

Quick note:

Tried using KalywayCombUpdate and I was not able to boot into Leopard again (I know I did something wrong), my laptop kept restarting randomly and I never got to the login screen again. So I decided to re-install and here I am.

hey you guys..i installed leopard using this video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd6YcIw0Aikthe install is sucessful, i restart, i boot into leopardand it freezes at the apple gray loading screen..so i boot using -v and it stops at this line..."Localhost /system/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/contents/MacOS/loginwindow[22]: Login window Applicationstarted"bump..please help...really need leopard...

post-159030-1204001983_thumb.jpg

Peppie, i have a

HP Pavilion dv2645er

kalyway_leo_10.5.1 [updated to 10.5.2]

Intel® Core™2 Duo T5450• 1,66 ГГц ,2 Мб [work]

RAM 2048 Мб [work]

SATA 160 Гб [work]

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS WORK [work]{NVInstallerV.31.pkg}

Sound1 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook [not work]

Sound2 Conexant High Definition Audio (Internal) [work only with a notebook speakers. no sound input] {AzaliaAudio.pkg}

Ethernel Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller [work]{IONetworkingFamily.kext}

WI-FI Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG [not work]

ALPS Touchpad [work]{http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88811&hl=ALPS

Like nightmaker, im wondering about sound. Lots of users (fa7471, Waxon Wax, hplaptopmac ...) have gotten the speakers working but does ANYONE have LINE OUT sound working? If so, could you post the driver and note your laptop model?

I had problems with sound out (through headphones) until I went to System Preferences>Sound>Output. You have to manually change from speakers to headphones. Annoying, I know, but it worked for me (HP dv9500)Also, I installed a graphics driver (8600M GS) and now the system is real sluggish. I checked Activity Monitor and both cores are running at about 30%, which is insanely high (or not, my first time on a mac). Anyways, I noticed that moving the mouse helped with making things move faster (i.e. minimizing. the genie effect is real slow unless I move my mouse around, which "speeds" up the animation)Also, doing something CPU intensive (repairing disk permissions) like running both above 60% makes everything run smooth. This is mindboggling. No matter what I do. I even restarted several times hoping maybe it had to write boot cache or something like that.Before I installed the graphics driver, everything was smooth (albeit at a low resolution) and the CPU was running under 10%. I tried seeing if switching to the lower resolution would help but it does not.If anybody knows what I can do.

*EDIT*

Update: Oooooookaaaaay...... After I posted this, I tried to run FrontRow just to see what that is like. After I exited, my CPUs dropped down to 5% and all of a sudden everything is really snappy. I am completely blank as to what just happened, but I'll take it.