Uncached Write	150.06	84.90 MB/sec [256K blocks]
		Uncached Read	96.31	28.19 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Read	174.09	87.49 MB/sec [256K blocks]
	Random	35.51	
		Uncached Write	11.47	1.21 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Write	113.58	36.36 MB/sec [256K blocks]
		Uncached Read	97.89	0.69 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Read	155.05	28.77 MB/sec [256K blocks]

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry531804boot issue solved read my postfix boot works but all you have to do is first unmount the disk using thisboot from the dvd open up terminal and type-bash-3.2# diskutil list note down your identifier diskXsx [example disk0s1]-bash-3.2# diskutil umount diskXsx replace Xsx with your identifier-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Volname fro example-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Leopardthe script will run and add boot information to your hard disk reboot now eject out the disk and boot from the harddisk if you are able to boot from it well n good if not getng kernel panic don't worryreboot and this tyme press F8 quickly you will see darwin bootloadertype boot: -legacyyou will be able to boot for more info read link at the tophttp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry531804boot issue solved read my postfix boot works but all you have to do is first unmount the disk using thisboot from the dvd open up terminal and type-bash-3.2# diskutil list note down your identifier diskXsx [example disk0s1]-bash-3.2# diskutil umount diskXsx replace Xsx with your identifier-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Volname fro example-bash-3.2# /usr/misc/script.sh Leopardthe script will run and add boot information to your hard disk reboot now eject out the disk and boot from the harddisk if you are able to boot from it well n good if not getng kernel panic don't worryreboot and this tyme press F8 quickly you will see darwin bootloadertype boot: -legacyyou will be able to boot for more info read link at the top

OK...let see what works and what NOT

MY CFG:

E6600

ABIT IP35-E (P35/ICH9)

2GB DDR2 800Mhz

ASUS x1950PRO 256MB

1: Boot only with DVD to into MACOSX...

2: Display only at 1024x768

3: With Marvell Yukon stuck in setup (keyboard setup reset infinite)

4: No sound that's for sure using Realtek HD 888

5: CPU only SOLO not DUO

6: DDR2 Memory shows 8192Mhz that's nice some day...

Using TOH RC2...

hey all.

i installed the Toh leopard into my dell optiplex 745 vista..

i set a new partition in vista... formatted it to mac journled... leo installed no problem... i setup the dual boot and i ran this at the terminal window

/usr/misc/script.sh Leopard

now... when i load into leo.... i get the Grey apple logo... and a circle thingy that goes around for a few minutes and then a "no entry" sign appears above the apple logo...

can some one tell me what i did wrong or how to fix it??

or can some one direct me to a good tutorial that has worked with the ToH dvd? i can go back and re install the whole thing if i have a good tutorial to follow.

thanks

OMG! I'm having the exact same problem. My video card is also X3100 and it doesnt boot to GUI. One should do -x to boot and install. However, after installing and patching it, it gives the mDNSResponder error(not error but it just sits there doing nothing). By the way, the script.sh included in ToH image doesnt solve the blinking cursor of doom IN MY CASE. Other people reported that the script.sh worked on them. Its really confusing. I had to dual boot Tiger (1st partition), Leo (2nd partition) in order to bypass the blinking "_". After bypassing here comes the mDNSResponder problem!

Also, Can anyone confirm if LEO can be installed in an External USB HDD? I feel like it could be the reason. Please help. heres a screenshot:

My hardware is: X3100 video / GM965 Chipset / EXTERNAL USB HDD (tiger boots here perfectly) I cant install in internal because of laptop warranty reasons [sony Vaio VGN-CR140E/B]

mDNSResponder.jpg

for your reference: this is also the screenshot for the X3100 not loading properly (you have to do -x to bypass this):

IMG_0805.jpg

I had same error as you posted picture , I delted IntelEFI.KEXT and put dsmos.kext after that booted successfully also used IOnetworking kext from flat image

I've read many posts regrading not able to boot afte install oH RC2.

Here is my experience. I didn't have any luck with the post installation that comes with the ToH. I tried to install the boot script, but I keep getting the blinking cursor and won't boot. I install JaS 10.4.8 first, and I also tried 10.4.6 as well. They both boot up nicely. Then I installed ToH, reboot without a problem. This method works great. After installation, I patch it with Brazilmac's post patch, replaced all the kexts, but I didn't replace the kernel. It works great on my laptop. HP/Compaq Presario C571NR. As a matter of fact, it works much better then the Vista garbage that came with the laptop, the boot up time is faster. When I hook it up for dual monitor on my 22" LCD, I get full 1680x1050 resolution. (Vista can't even do that.) I am loving it.

However, there are some minor issues tho.

1) The headphone doesn't work.

2) Internel wireless (Broadcom4311) doesn't work. I am using a USB one. Occasionally it will cause a kernel panic when there are too much triffic, (like when I am watching Netflix instant watch in XP on the VMware Fusion.)

BTW, I am looking into porting ndiswapper from linux, I have some idea how to do it but not enough to start the coding process, if anyone is willing to offer any suggestions, I will be really grateful.

I get the following error when booting using this install dvd (toh rc2)

When I get to this point, there is no activity from the dvd reader.

Anyone has an idea why i get this problem?

I have the same issues as you brolacc, any luck on solving this?

Ok folks... I'm officially a newbie to OSx68 though I've been following the forum for over a year now. Other than attempting to get my feet wet with a P4 box that my roomie had laying around several months ago, I'm off and running on my first build attempt.

So... we'll start with my Hardware.

Gateway MX-8738 Laptop

Intel® Pentium® Core 2 Duo Mobile Processor T2080

1 MB L2 Cache | 1.73 GHz | 533 MHz FSB

North Bridge: Intel® 945GM/943GML

South Bridge: Intel® 82801GBM

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Networking: Intel® Ekron 10/100 82562GZ

Integrated Wireless: Mini-PCI Type III B (Realtek 8187... according to the label on the bottom of the laptop)

Audio: SigmaTel 9250

1024 MB 667 MHz DDR2 Dual Channel memory (2 × 512 MB)

8X Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM

Synaptics Touchpad with vertical scroll zone

That should pretty much sum it up.

----

Now for my install experience to date:

Install DVD - OSx86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

Out of the gates, the dvd boots, screen works nicely, trackpad works (no scrolling... but whatever...). I used disk utility to format the internal 160gb hard drive as GUID and separated it into 3 partitions (Leopard 65gb = HFS Extended w/o journaling , Vista 35gb FAT-32... until I get back around to re-installing vista, and MEDIA DRIVE 50gb... FAT-32 as a shared media drive between opperating systems)

Once the GUID bootsector was setup and partitions made, I went into the installation of PC-EFI v8.0. Had the installer on a usb flash drive, went through the terminal install procedure. Then I went on to install Leopard (Still no reboot at this stage... highly recomended) Install completes successfully... yay me! Reboot, pop out the disk... and it goes into an endless reboot cycle. *shrugs*

After rebooting with f8 and the -v option and some research, I reboot with the install disk and use terminal to remove "AppleEFIRuntime.kext". Reboot with f8 -v -f to flush the cache and it starts up smoothly.

---

What works and what doesn't so far...

Well first off, system profiler reports only one core, kinda disappointing.

No Ethernet

No Wireless

No Sound

Time machine fails (seems like I've seen a patch for this somewhere... have to look into that at somepoint)

---

What I've tried to remedy these issues...

Tried patching the audio with the AppleHDAPatcherv1.20Tried adding app and the Sigmatel 9250 Dump... no dice.

Tried downloading the OS X Driver for the Realtek wireless from realtek... installs, doesn't seem to do much of anything.

Tried adding AppleIntel8255x.kext to enable built in ethernet... no real luck there. (Though at one point the ethernet showed up in "network", but it said "cable disconnected" though there was clearly a cable connected to the ethernet port.

And I've tried installing the vanilla kernel... THAT just messed up the whole install, even after switching back to the patched kernel it hangs on boot now.

---

My goals... get both cores recognised (as I understand it, getting it running with a vanilla kernel should fix this...)

Get Audio working

Get Wireless working

Get Ethernet working

Fix anything else I happen across...

Be able to use Software Update to get to 10.5.1 (vanilla kernel should accomplish this)

Once OS X is running smoothly, install Vista and be able to dual boot.

install is a bit on hold at the moment due to a hard drive failure of my own doing... I pulled the HD out of the laptop and hooked it up to my g5 to make a back up image of the successfully booting Leopard install to give myself a quick "start over" point... image creation finished successfully, I ejected the drive from the desktop, disconnected the usb cable, but didn't disconnect the power cable... unplugged the drive, and in doing so realized the drive was still spinning... needless to say it stopped abruptly... and now it isn't recognised by any machine I hook it up to... *sighs* Looks like I have to get myself a new drive before I make another attempt. Have my eye on a Hitachi Travelstar 200gb 7200rpm drive... that should speed things up a bit.

For now, I have an external USB drive hooked up to the laptop for "testing purposes" Have it formatted GUID and patched for PC-EFI v8.0 and have managed to get a bootable install of leopard on it... so I'm ready to try patching things up if anyone out there is willing to lend their expertise!

This is a good install -- it works! But it's also REALLY, REALLY touchy! I've installed and re-installed and re-re-reinstalled this sucker no less than 6 times already because of various errors and problems and mistakes (as I'm an OSx86 noob). But maybe this will help some people.So far, I've experienced a number of the same problem others have experienced -- and here's what I've done to resolve them.1) Endless reboot cycle... After installing Leopard and removing the DVD, Darwin loads and the machine reboots right after, over and over and over again. Cause? Not running the script.sh as described in the instructions, or forgetting to cd /Volumes/ and umount <volumename> prior to running /usr/misc/script.shAlso, you MUST remember to "exit" the terminal, shut down the terminal application and select "Exit MacOS Installer". You will then get prompted to either select a startup disk OR Reboot. DON'T TOUCH the "Startup Disk" button!!! That will serious muck things up because on my computer, it does not recognize my Leopard install as a valid startup disk -- but it starts up properly ANYWAY. I suspect the ToH hack did something "under-the-radar" here.... So as long as you don't play with this feature, you should be OK.2) b0 error / Memory Allocation error. Possible Cause? Multiple MacOS partitions. I suspect that ToH didn't count on people configuring custom partitions. They probably only figured people would choose a single Leopard partition. My FIRST successful install of ToH RC2 involved creating 2: a MacOS partition called "Leopard" and a MSDOS partition called "WinXP" for future addition of a dual booting system.I ONLY started getting b0 and memory allocation errors when I did a reinstall of ToH, and repartitioned the disk to have 2 MacOS partitions. 1 named "Backup" and 1 named "Leopard." When in comes time to select which partition to install Leopard to, both come up in alphabetical order... so "Backup" came first and "Leopard" second. And even though I was careful to select the correct partition, that is the only time I started to experience b0 and Memory Allocation errors.As soon as I re-installed ToH with my original "WINXP" and "Leopard" partitions, the install went perfectly once again.Again, I may not know much about much, but I DO know that 1) It was important for me to unmount the target disk prior to running the shell, and 2) I was unable to create more than 1 MacOS partition without getting both b0 AND MEMORY ALLOCATION errors. So perhaps the problem has something to do with the actual naming/numbering of the partitions. Maybe if ANY partition but the one that Leopard is going to be on comes first, ToH's hack isn't built to handle that so it chokes.Good luck to everyone who's trying this release. It worked for me -- but it IS very picky as to HOW things are done.Oh yeah, 1 more thing... This has been mentioned many times all over this forum, but I'll mention it here again. DO NOT, under any circumstances allow Leopard to update itself from the Apple website. This will render your ToH install completely useless! Updating individual apps should be OK, but don't try to do a system update. I had to learn this the hard way! In fact, I just turned off the auto-update notify feature altogether.If it ain't busted, don't mess with it! :censored2: My specs:D915GAV mobo7300LE GeForce NVidia (by MSI)2.5GB DDR 400 RAMSATA 500GB HD (OEM)IDE (made to run as SATA with an adapter) DVD+R (generic OEM)
you need to install 10.4.8 or 10.4.10 first. And then upgrade to 10.5 or use Format and Bootable HD for Leopard (you can download from http://www.thepiratebay.com. When you finish install. Use DVD to boot up the system. Use Brazil patch to patch the HoT RC2. 100% working. when your leopard working . I think the boardcom wirless will working.
I've read many posts regrading not able to boot afte install oH RC2.Here is my experience. I didn't have any luck with the post installation that comes with the ToH. I tried to install the boot script, but I keep getting the blinking cursor and won't boot. I install JaS 10.4.8 first, and I also tried 10.4.6 as well. They both boot up nicely. Then I installed ToH, reboot without a problem. This method works great. After installation, I patch it with Brazilmac's post patch, replaced all the kexts, but I didn't replace the kernel. It works great on my laptop. HP/Compaq Presario C571NR. As a matter of fact, it works much better then the Vista garbage that came with the laptop, the boot up time is faster. When I hook it up for dual monitor on my 22" LCD, I get full 1680x1050 resolution. (Vista can't even do that.) I am loving it. However, there are some minor issues tho.1) The headphone doesn't work.2) Internel wireless (Broadcom4311) doesn't work. I am using a USB one. Occasionally it will cause a kernel panic when there are too much triffic, (like when I am watching Netflix instant watch in XP on the VMware Fusion.)BTW, I am looking into porting ndiswapper from linux, I have some idea how to do it but not enough to start the coding process, if anyone is willing to offer any suggestions, I will be really grateful.
If you install leopard 10.5.0 Leopard the broadcom4311 will working. I put boardcom 4311 and ar5424. 100% working in Leopard. If 10.4.8 Tiger need patch. please goto driver to find out

If you install leopard 10.5.0 Leopard the broadcom4311 will working. I put boardcom 4311 and ar5424. 100% working in Leopard. If 10.4.8 Tiger need patch. please goto driver to find out
Mmmm tchow, how did you get Broadcom4311 to work? I have tried everything there is in this forum, nothing works. I also heard that because the card is a mini PCIe, that's why it doesn't work. Did you tried it on the HP/Compaq Presario C571NR laptop? If so can you tell me how you get it to work please? I am dying to know and I am sure there are lot others as well.
Mmmm tchow, how did you get Broadcom4311 to work? I have tried everything there is in this forum, nothing works. I also heard that because the card is a mini PCIe, that's why it doesn't work. Did you tried it on the HP/Compaq Presario C571NR laptop? If so can you tell me how you get it to work please? I am dying to know and I am sure there are lot others as well.

When you run script.sh and your OSX volume name is Leopard it should just be

./script.sh Leopard correct?

I keep getting the blinking '_' cursor after install, then i umount Leopard and then do ./script.sh Leopard and I get a b0 error every time...

I checked with gparted and there is a MSDOS partition thats created after I run script.sh

... weird. anyone else getting this? I'm on a D630.

I've read many posts regrading not able to boot afte install oH RC2.

Here is my experience. I didn't have any luck with the post installation that comes with the ToH. I tried to install the boot script, but I keep getting the blinking cursor and won't boot. I install JaS 10.4.8 first, and I also tried 10.4.6 as well. They both boot up nicely. Then I installed ToH, reboot without a problem. This method works great. After installation, I patch it with Brazilmac's post patch, replaced all the kexts, but I didn't replace the kernel. It works great on my laptop. HP/Compaq Presario C571NR. As a matter of fact, it works much better then the Vista garbage that came with the laptop, the boot up time is faster. When I hook it up for dual monitor on my 22" LCD, I get full 1680x1050 resolution. (Vista can't even do that.) I am loving it.

However, there are some minor issues tho.

1) The headphone doesn't work.

2) Internel wireless (Broadcom4311) doesn't work. I am using a USB one. Occasionally it will cause a kernel panic when there are too much triffic, (like when I am watching Netflix instant watch in XP on the VMware Fusion.)

BTW, I am looking into porting ndiswapper from linux, I have some idea how to do it but not enough to start the coding process, if anyone is willing to offer any suggestions, I will be really grateful.

Hi,

I use ToH 9A581 RC2 for intel DVD to install leopard to my notebook. I install just like you, install 10.4.8 and upgrade to 10.5. But I didn't use Brazilmac's post patch though. Is it recommended? My leopard running fine, just when it boot or shutdown, it take just a little bit longer than tiger 10.4.8.

If you are still getting the blinking cursor at start up even after you try to do any sort of fixes, try entering the BIOS and setting the hard drive as 1st boot device. Even after going through this --> http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry538793 entire setup process, i still had troubles getting the OS to boot without the DVD in the drive. I messed around a little bit in BIOS and ended up only changing the boot sequence so that the hard drive boots first and it scared me at first to see the gray screen with the apple in the middle after saving changes and restarting! (without the DVD in the drive)

Hi,

I use ToH 9A581 RC2 for intel DVD to install leopard to my notebook. I install just like you, install 10.4.8 and upgrade to 10.5. But I didn't use Brazilmac's post patch though. Is it recommended? My leopard running fine, just when it boot or shutdown, it take just a little bit longer than tiger 10.4.8.

It fixed a few issues. After installing the kexts, sound works due to the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, The Mach-kernel fixed the sleep problem. Before one the "Mac" goes to sleep, it won't wake up. It might or might not work for you depends on you computer hardward tho. But worth a try.

I keep getting the blinking '_' cursor after install, then i umount Leopard and then do ./script.sh Leopard and I get a b0 error every time...

You porbably have this fixed by now but here goes.

I was getting this too, coincidentally on a Latitude D630. I booted up an old MSDOS disk that had FDISK on it and set the partition to ACTIVE. Reboot and it worked like a charm.

I can't seem to get Leopard to recognize the B'com 57xx or Intel 3945 nics. Anyone have any luck? Also, how does one install a kext if you don't have a nic? Forgive me, I'm a Mc-n00b... ;)

i burned the image using disk utility and the pc will not boot the dvd.

it starts to then stops then starts for a little bit and finally stops.

the uphuck 10.4.9 dvd boots perfectly.

10.4.9 is floating around so you can get it and study why it boots and not leopard.

Hi!

My notebook type: MSI MegaBook VR600 (MS-1613)

Cannot install osx, because in install procedure stopping.

Error:

IOATAController device blocking bus

Still waiting a root device

... etc.

Please help me!

• 3 weeks later...