Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Ok I´m back..

@ 314TeR

Your new boot pack installer is almost perfect !! :

Audio: works mic front/rear headphones and line out rear, Yeah!

every else works as before

Just a couple of things:

Couldn´t install rtl8187 utility because kext was lost, just put it back from previous install and worked

Sleep doesn´t work with and without Q6600 DSDT.

Thanks so much for your work

Happy user

JTx.

Audio: works mic front/rear headphones and line out rear, Yeah!

Sleep doesn´t work with and without Q6600 DSDT.

Tell me exactly which input output work/not:

1. Rear Mic - pink socket - does/does not

2. Front Mic - pink socket - does/does not

3. Line-in - rear blue socket - does/does not

If Sleep does not work, then it should not act shutdown. To know why, you have to do the DSDT dump from BIOS 24xx or 25xx uder Linux or Windows and send it to me. You will find earlier in this thread link to the tutorial how to do it.

Tell me exactly which input output work/not:

1. Rear Mic - pink socket - does/does not

2. Front Mic - pink socket - does/does not

3. Line-in - rear blue socket - does/does not

1. Rear Mic - pink socket - DON´T WORK

2. Front Mic - pink socket - WORKS

3. Line-in - rear blue socket - WORKS

4. Line out - rear black socket - WORKS

5. Speakers - rear green socket - WORKS

6. Headphones - front green socket - WORKS

JTx.

HI!

Apple System shows up a PCI FW Interface!

On 10.5 its recognized as a firewire port i think!?!?!?!?

I uploaded a screenshot from my Systemcontroll:

post-358890-1261073585_thumb.png

May be it helps!

EDIT:

Just remember,

314TeR: the codec dump i uploaded in Post #1088 is an old one, ive made it with an old BIOS 27...!?!?!?

Do you need a new one with Version 3001? Or isn't it important?

System Powermanagement runs like:

-manual sleep works nice/super.

-automatic sleep, everytime with blowing fans and sometimes it doesn't doze off!

BUT every time it wake up safe!!!! :(

THX

Hi, I wanted to downgrade my 3001 bios to 2406 but Asusupdate and EZ Flash tell me that isn´t possible-only with DOS flashutility to downgrade. I don`t know what to do cause I haven`t any floppydrive. I wanted to do a dump for my E6600 with 8 gb RAM. With the E 6750 4GB I have no shutdown and sleep. Restart and the rest work excellent. Thanx for any advices!

Coolio

Hi, I wanted to downgrade my 3001 bios to 2406 but Asusupdate and EZ Flash tell me that isn´t possible-only with DOS flashutility to downgrade. I don`t know what to do cause I haven`t any floppydrive. I wanted to do a dump for my E6600 with 8 gb RAM. With the E 6750 4GB I have no shutdown and sleep. Restart and the rest work excellent. Thanx for any advices!

Coolio

Hi there I´m on the same point as you, everything works besides sleep and shutdown...

Is all about the correct DSDT? I´m reading documentation now for patching DSDT to my Q6600. Just need a bit of time.

Good luck!

JTx.

I do not need any codec dumps ... I think I have everything I need to work on audio.

FireWire works, but does not work as expected hotplug. If you boot with a connected and switched on FireWire device, it will work. I will try to find the cause of this behavior.

Why not work automatic sleep, I do not know ... I wrote it on the to-do list along with FireWire ... If anyone has an idea what might be the cause, it would be grateful for your help.

Below, to download, a new experimental version of AppleHDA fo support front and rear microphones. Please test and information on whether everything works as it should.

ALC882v32.kext.zip

How to make a BIOS downgrade

1. Under DOS, if you do not have the FDD, you can do a USB boot key.

http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm

2. With AsusUpdate under Windows, open the options of the program and select options allowing downdgrade.

Downgrade to BIOS 24xx 25xx must do only those that have 65nm CPU and want to have working SpeedSteep. The rest, if it does not work they sleep/shutdown, and do not want to be working speedsteep, just as they do the dump from 3001.

LinIn isn't available!

Line-in will be shown when you connect something to it, and in same time disappears Mic Ext. Observe whether or not the change MicExt/Line-in in Audio Preferences panel.

The same trick is used for Speakers / Headphones - when you connect the headphones on the front panel, the speakers are muted and the description of the output varies from speaker to headphones.

Hi 314TeR,

firsts of all, many thanks for your efforts! :censored2:

I will try your bootCD Beta_2.0 today.

Is it possible that you can write a little Howto regarding the adaptation of the CPU in the DSDT?

So you don´t have to edit those BIOS Dumps by yourself and we learn a little bit more about that mysterious file. :wacko:

Regards!

I have a 7900GS Graphics, 8 gigs of Ram, and E6750 processor. Now all works mostly fine. I solved most sleep issues by having the video card repost bios after sleep. There is however 3 or 4 issues I need help with.

1) I cannot get Voodoo PS/2 to load. It wont load ;\ No idea why!

2) Kernel is 32bit mode. I cannot get 64-bit to load. Any idea?

3) When computer auto sleeps *on timer* it wont wake up. It tries but fails. Putting it to sleep works ok though.

4) Not very Major but Minor... Hot Swap doesn't work at all. Any ideas what can be done to make it work?

I found the arch=x86_32 flag in the boot plist which was forcing 32 bit... when I removed it, it crashes on the graphics card driver as soon as the OS loads... is the 7900GS just not able to cut it? or is it something else? Other issues still persist.

@coolio2004, Please, this is modified for your DSDT.

1. Without SpeedSteep - as you asked

3001_E6600_8GB_no_SpeedSteep.zip

2. An experimental version with SpeedSteep - that I did like the others and do not guarantee that it will work, because I did not see the dump from 24xx/25xx bios.

3001_E6600_8GB___Experimental.zip

@applejelly, I will try to describe shortly what and where you have to modify the DSDT to adjust yourself to your CPU. Generally, all the modification requires modification of a few lines of code, but I have done a good description so that everyone understands.

@Hyper X, Your problems actually relate to two devices:

1. PS/2 - not offensive, but you should throw away the scrap as soon as possible... Devices PS/2 will always cause problems in OS X because it does not support them natively. Change to the USB device and you'll have peace of mind.

2. NV 7xxx have a problem with the operation of 10.6.2 in 64 bit mode - if you do not work properly GraficsEnable in com.apple.boot.plist - remove it and use another solution... or change the card to a newer 8xxx series and up.

Define what does not work with HostSwap. HotSwap works perfectly on the ICH controller. Not checked and I do not like to do it for JMicron.

HI

i want to draw your attention to this :

with this DSDT, everything's working perfect 32 & 64 bit kernel with absolutely no bad message at boot (Q6600, bios 3001, Chameleon_2.0_RC4_r684 )

FireWire SpeedStep Shutdown Restart Sleep (but automatic) are working

DSDT.dsl.18OCT.zip

the only difference is from energy saver where the automatic restart after power failure button do not appear ?

Hi aliab.

You mean that FireWire and HotPlug work, or just that it shows in System Profile? It worked out that is quite a big difference ;)

And whether automatic sleep working or not?

If you do not see, in energy saver option "restart after power failure", this means that, SpeedSteep does not work fully - CST states do not work because the LPC has not been triggered.

Yes i own firewire external disk so i can test

as i said automatic sleep doesn't work just sleep

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/CPU1@0/AppleACPICPU/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin shows 2 values and CPU-i too

it respond when more cpu is required

post-92099-1261482948_thumb.png

OK, But you have CSTInfo? - as in the selection #1, because if not it does not work you fully speedstep. Work only PST states without CST. CPU frequency will be changed, but after starting the LPC, CPU temperature should drop by a further few degrees.

post-161205-1261485920_thumb.png

Hi guys,

still with the sleep/shutdown problem... as i couldn´t make it on my HackOS i´ve tried with the PC of my girlfriend. It is a clone of mine:

P5w DH deluxe, 4GB ddr2, Q6600, twin raptor in ezraid 0 , exactly the same but the graphics card, mine is a 9800gtx and hers is 8600gts.

I did exactly same install retail with the 314TeR´s boot cd 2.0. Her SnowLeopard works perfect with sleep and shutdown and mine still not working.

Should I delete the GraphicsEnabler and try with EFI string or any other method? or i need to modify my DSDT file for my graphic card?

thanks in advance!!

JTx.

Right

no CST just PST states !

What do i have to mod in dsdt for CST ?

Find:

Device (SBRG)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			Method (SPTS, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (One, PS1S)
				Store (One, PS1E)

Modify like this:

Device (SBRG)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // <-BEGIN
			{
				Store (Package (0x02)
					{
						"device-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0xb9, 0x27, 0x00, 0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			} // <- END

Method (SPTS, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (One, PS1S)
				Store (One, PS1E)

Hi guys,

still with the sleep/shutdown problem... as i couldn�t make it on my HackOS i�ve tried with the PC of my girlfriend. It is a clone of mine:

P5w DH deluxe, 4GB ddr2, Q6600, twin raptor in ezraid 0 , exactly the same but the graphics card, mine is a 9800gtx and hers is 8600gts.

I did exactly same install retail with the 314TeR�s boot cd 2.0. Her SnowLeopard works perfect with sleep and shutdown and mine still not working.

Should I delete the GraphicsEnabler and try with EFI string or any other method? or i need to modify my DSDT file for my graphic card?

thanks in advance!!

JTx.

You changed to the correct DSDT for the Q6600? Or you have to do DSDT dump and I see how it differs from the version that I have prepared for the Q6600.

Hi 314TeR- thanx so much for your personal DSDT. With the experimental I have speedstep but with both I ve no shutdown/sleep. On an other partition with the same dsdt but total different mkext -shutdown works. In verbose mode I can see CPU halted and you can hear the hds going to deep sleep -but no shutdown.After reset bios booting takes a long time cause the hds have to wake up. My sleep issues come perhaps of my ATI 4850??