Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Hi,

Yes, prior to install I upgraded BIOS to 3001.

I reported wrong, sleep doesn´t work in either way! Maybe I should try copying the dsdt file I did with my Leopard installation and with BIOS 2206. I also have a dsdt from 3001. With the gray screen I changed the smbios kernel flag back to arch=x86_32 and booted and logged in ok. What kernel flags do you boot with?

Thanks,

E.

Well I finally succeded! Restart/sleep/reboot/audio, all works. Intriguing though, because what I did was to copy only the CPU scope from my generated dsdt file and pasted it into the E6750 dsdt supplied by 314TeR.

The only thing that gives an error in verbose mode is something ralated to CST. I don´t know what it is nor how to solve this.

Anyway, if someone still has problems with compiling dsdt files, my process did work so you can try it out.

Thanks,

E.

Well I finally succeded! Restart/sleep/reboot/audio, all works. Intriguing though, because what I did was to copy only the CPU scope from my generated dsdt file and pasted it into the E6750 dsdt supplied by 314TeR.

The only thing that gives an error in verbose mode is something ralated to CST. I don´t know what it is nor how to solve this.

Anyway, if someone still has problems with compiling dsdt files, my process did work so you can try it out.

Thanks,

E.

If I'm not mistaken the CST values are the ones for speedstep. 314TeR mentioned that in the 3001 bios the SSDT tables are missing so you won't have a working Speedstep without downgrading to the 24 or 25xx bios and grab a full DSDT dump from there.

I am currently running 10.5.8 on P5W DH Deluxe board with 2gb Ram and ATI X1600. I am wanting to upgrade to Snow Leopard but cannot get the Boot132 from rapidshare as it says it is busy and has no space for unregistered users. Can anyone upload elsewhere? Also is this Boot 132 ready completely for my system? I'm assuming I would have to load my installer for graphics and change product id in x1000 files. Would that work in Snow? Thanks in advance for your help.

@Blue1980

I wouldn't use the older Boot132 loader from rapidshare. I'm booting Snow Leopard with Chameleon 2.0 RC4. All that I have in my /Extra/Extensions folder is ALC882v32.kext, AsusP5WDHDeluxe.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and OSXRestart.kext. You can download these kexts a couple pages back on a post by 314TeR.

I inject my graphics automatically with Chameleon because i have a Nvidia card. You should be able to inject your ATI X1600 in Snow Leopard the exact same way you did it in Leopard. If not, just google "ATI X1600 in Snow Leopard" and click on the first link, It's a guide I just found for you that looks quite useful. I cannot test it though since I don't have ATI graphics.

Oh and make sure you have correct DSDT otherwise you might not have things work the way you want.

@Blue1980

I wouldn't use the older Boot132 loader from rapidshare. I'm booting Snow Leopard with Chameleon 2.0 RC4. All that I have in my /Extra/Extensions folder is ALC882v32.kext, AsusP5WDHDeluxe.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and OSXRestart.kext. You can download these kexts a couple pages back on a post by 314TeR.

I inject my graphics automatically with Chameleon because i have a Nvidia card. You should be able to inject your ATI X1600 in Snow Leopard the exact same way you did it in Leopard. If not, just google "ATI X1600 in Snow Leopard" and click on the first link, It's a guide I just found for you that looks quite useful. I cannot test it though since I don't have ATI graphics.

Oh and make sure you have correct DSDT otherwise you might not have things work the way you want.

Thanks, I have downloaded the beta 2 version on page 55 of this thread. that not right? I may be a bit thick here but what is a DSDT? Not had to use anything like that before. I'm having trouble with platform UUID with 10.5.8 as well which I didn't have before 10.5.6. very strange.

OK, But you have CSTInfo? - as in the selection #1, because if not it does not work you fully speedstep. Work only PST states without CST. CPU frequency will be changed, but after starting the LPC, CPU temperature should drop by a further few degrees.

post-161205-1261485920_thumb.png

Hi, i'm trying to install my p5w using your procedure/cd but pc panic during the intallation. The problem occurs booting without options and using -x32.

The only my difference i have is the bios: 2901.

I did not install the new one because during the last upgrade the power gone off!!! Bios corrupted and I ordered a new rom chip from biosrecovery.

Do i need to install 3001 bios? My cpu il E6600

in attachment the panic screens output

Thanks

Roberto

post-431261-1263986349_thumb.jpg

post-431261-1263986372_thumb.jpg

The P5W should have come with a backup for the bios even if the main one that's in use became corrupted (you should be able to boot off the original driver disc that comes with the motherboard) and flash the bios to a base bios version and continue from there.

Anyhow, assuming that all of your bios settings are the same as the screenshots that 314TeR provided, what boot CD are you using to try and complete the initial installation? I know with my specific components I had to use the EmpireEFI boot cd in order for it to get into the installer to run.

The P5W should have come with a backup for the bios even if the main one that's in use became corrupted (you should be able to boot off the original driver disc that comes with the motherboard) and flash the bios to a base bios version and continue from there.

Anyhow, assuming that all of your bios settings are the same as the screenshots that 314TeR provided, what boot CD are you using to try and complete the initial installation? I know with my specific components I had to use the EmpireEFI boot cd in order for it to get into the installer to run.

Hi surrealillusion, thanks for your prompt reply. Just to talk about bios corruption: unfortunately, if the bios is completed corrupted (my case) no way to restore it (ASUS support has been contacted). I had just black screen on power on and nothing else. By the way, now all is working fine with the new eprom. About snow installation, I used the very simple 314TeR procedure:

1. YES, my bios setting is exactly the same suggested
  2. I'm using the CD boot disk on described on procedure (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1360946)
    • At CD startup, Snow Leo DVD inserted
    • F5
    • booting with -x32 (without the option, the behavior is the same)

[*]Snow option selected, the installation start

[*]after some minutes, the system PANICS

Let me know if you have better boot cd, or if I made some errors.

Thanks in advance

Regards, roberto

Hi surrealillusion, thanks for your prompt reply. Just to talk about bios corruption: unfortunately, if the bios is completed corrupted (my case) no way to restore it (ASUS support has been contacted). I had just black screen on power on and nothing else. By the way, now all is working fine with the new eprom. About snow installation, I used the very simple 314TeR procedure:

1. YES, my bios setting is exactly the same suggested
  2. I'm using the CD boot disk on described on procedure (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1360946)
    • At CD startup, Snow Leo DVD inserted
    • F5
    • booting with -x32 (without the option, the behavior is the same)

[*]Snow option selected, the installation start

[*]after some minutes, the system PANICS

Let me know if you have better boot cd, or if I made some errors.

Thanks in advance

Regards, roberto

In my case when I stupidly shut off my system because the progress bar wasn't moving during my bios upgrade the same thing happened to me. System would power on, no POST, no video, just power and you could hear the dvd drive spin up. After consulting the documentation ASUS built in a failsafe should a bios upgrade fail where it would load up a stock bios located on the original driver disc. Saved me from having to replace the bios chip altogether.

Anyhow back to the main topic of discussion, as I indicated in my last post you should try the EmpireEFI boot disc http://prasys.co.cc/2010/01/empire-efi-v-1...-out/#more-2411. I wasn't able to use the included boot disc that's tied to this installation method to get SL installed.

Does anyone have correct files (DSDT?) for p5w, e6300, 2 (maybe 3) GB ram and ATI X1600. I would be very grateful for any information. This project has moved on so much since the original leopard boot132 system. left me behind a bit. :)

There should be a basic DSDT included in the zip files for this installation guide that will work for 2 core Intel CPU's. Ram shouldn't make a difference and you should only need to pass the GraphicsEnabler string in your plist file to have Chameleon detect your video card.

In my case when I stupidly shut off my system because the progress bar wasn't moving during my bios upgrade the same thing happened to me. System would power on, no POST, no video, just power and you could hear the dvd drive spin up. After consulting the documentation ASUS built in a failsafe should a bios upgrade fail where it would load up a stock bios located on the original driver disc. Saved me from having to replace the bios chip altogether.

Anyhow back to the main topic of discussion, as I indicated in my last post you should try the EmpireEFI boot disc http://prasys.co.cc/2010/01/empire-efi-v-1...-out/#more-2411. I wasn't able to use the included boot disc that's tied to this installation method to get SL installed.

Thanks about bios recovery info, may next time ...

I checked on empireEFI link included but I didn’t understand which one to select. I’ve the P5W DH (975x), E6600 Intel cpu dual core, ATI HD4870: any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Ciao

Roberto

@314ter

Thank you for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

I like your ideas and ways of doing things but am unfortunately unable to use your boot disc as the cd doesn't boot. the cd start file is a text file when i open it, I have tried empire efi and that works but is not the way i want to use it.

I have E6300 on P5W board which I cannot find a DSDT for.

Would you mind looking at your files in the Beta 2 boot disc and correcting them and then uploading them to something other than rapid share as rapid share often stops non members downloading.

Thank you for your help

P.S. If it is something I am doing wrong then please inform me.

@314ter

Thank you for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.

I like your ideas and ways of doing things but am unfortunately unable to use your boot disc as the cd doesn't boot. the cd start file is a text file when i open it, I have tried empire efi and that works but is not the way i want to use it.

I have E6300 on P5W board which I cannot find a DSDT for.

Would you mind looking at your files in the Beta 2 boot disc and correcting them and then uploading them to something other than rapid share as rapid share often stops non members downloading.

Thank you for your help

P.S. If it is something I am doing wrong then please inform me.

@Blue1980,

I have the E6320 so you can try mine to see if it works. Everything works except the CST speedstep thing. Remember to upgrade to BIOS 3001.

Good luck!

E.

E6320DSDT.zip

just a quick quesiton what is the max amount of internal hd's i can use with this board in osx ? i have my dvd connected by sata and 2 internals, can i add one more if i buy 2 hds and use them in the raid ports ?

Hello there,

Just a small problem here i have a p5wdh deluxe, 4gb ram, 8800gt flashed to mac pro and a e6800 processor.

Sleep works however if i bring the computer back from sleep, the second time i try to put the computer to sleep the monitor powers down however the computer doesn't

Is this a simple fix?

Hopefully it is because i would rather just keep putting my computer to sleep

Hope someone can help me

Ian

1. Rear Mic - pink socket - DON´T WORK

2. Front Mic - pink socket - WORKS

3. Line-in - rear blue socket - WORKS

4. Line out - rear black socket - WORKS

5. Speakers - rear green socket - WORKS

6. Headphones - front green socket - WORKS

JTx.

Did you guys ever make the rear mic to work?

thanks

hi everyone,

I have been out of the loop on the whole hackintosh thing ever since my psu died on me i was running kalyway 10.5.2 but when i got my replacement psu i come back into the scene and find there are many many new updates and methods i am now running iPC 10.5.6 Beta but i would really like to know how to do a boot-132 for my machine, i realize the method alread y has been described but i have not been able to come up with all the necessary information. if any one could e-mail me direct links to all ketxs and other necessities needed i would appreciate it. my system is as follows

Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo

Intel C2D E4500 2.2ghz

8 GB Corsair ram

950W Coolmax Green PSU

IDE DL DVD burner

1TB western digital green sata hdd

nvidia xfx GeForce 9400 GT Graphics card

My e-mail is DBHodgens@yahoo.com

I have found the boot 132 file but i am confused how to make it work and put new kexts into it

I run a powerbook G4 running 10.5.6

Macbook Pro 10.5.6

i just want my hack to be up and running full vanilla style

hi everyone,

I have been out of the loop on the whole hackintosh thing ever since my psu died on me i was running kalyway 10.5.2 but when i got my replacement psu i come back into the scene and find there are many many new updates and methods i am now running iPC 10.5.6 Beta but i would really like to know how to do a boot-132 for my machine, i realize the method alread y has been described but i have not been able to come up with all the necessary information. if any one could e-mail me direct links to all ketxs and other necessities needed i would appreciate it. my system is as follows

Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo

Intel C2D E4500 2.2ghz

8 GB Corsair ram

950W Coolmax Green PSU

IDE DL DVD burner

1TB western digital green sata hdd

nvidia xfx GeForce 9400 GT Graphics card

My e-mail is DBHodgens@yahoo.com

I have found the boot 132 file but i am confused how to make it work and put new kexts into it

I run a powerbook G4 running 10.5.6

Macbook Pro 10.5.6

Nice first post. LOL, is it OK if I come over and cut your grass and weed your garden too?

Nice first post. LOL, is it OK if I come over and cut your grass and weed your garden too?

Just out of curosity, are you being sarcastic. because i know that it may have been my first post but the only reason for that is because i can usually find all the information i need with out have to clog a forum with repeated question on the same topic. however this time i scoured the forums for three days straight before i decided i would post. again any help would be appreciated. also i really want to get quartz extreme to work does any one know if that is possible with my video card? nvidia xfx GeForce 9400 GT

Just out of curosity, are you being sarcastic. because i know that it may have been my first post but the only reason for that is because i can usually find all the information i need with out have to clog a forum with repeated question on the same topic. however this time i scoured the forums for three days straight before i decided i would post. again any help would be appreciated. also i really want to get quartz extreme to work does any one know if that is possible with my video card? nvidia xfx GeForce 9400 GT

http://tinyurl.com/yhofkqz -- jeez O'pete it's like the first result.

Also how is "please find the driver I need and email it to me" useful to anyone but you?

what do you mean by 'boot-132'? It could mean a lot of different things since nearly all OSx86 bootloaders are based off of it. Do mean installing all your necessary kexts to an Extra folder? or on the hidden EFI partition?

what do you mean by 'boot-132'? It could mean a lot of different things since nearly all OSx86 bootloaders are based off of it. Do mean installing all your necessary kexts to an Extra folder? or on the hidden EFI partition?

From what i understood you put the kext into the extra folder and then it installs on a hidden EFI partition am i missing a bit of info here?

http://tinyurl.com/yhofkqz -- jeez O'pete it's like the first result.

Also how is "please find the driver I need and email it to me" useful to anyone but you?

this link is dead and i do not understand what you mean by "it's like the first reault." did you do a google search or something?

Also i appreciate all the help i am getting and i appreciate the quick responses

From what i understood you put the kext into the extra folder and then it installs on a hidden EFI partition am i missing a bit of info here?

Okay thats what i was thinking. You'll need to look into munky's efi partition guide. I didn't read too much into it but on Phase 2, where it says Installing the modified bootloader, make sure you install Chameleon 2.0 RC4 instead of the bootloader he provides. Chameleon is the new bootloader if you didn't know already :censored2: Let me know how installation goes for you!