Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I am a noob here.

The good news is that I will be starting fresh, which means I will be building a new computer just to run mac.nub's installion DVD. My previous system was an AMD, but I sold it. And I will be buying a Core2Duo processor.

And on to my question, which specific setup should I get? Which CPU,mobos and HD ..etc work best for this installation.

You can throw me specific models as it would help a lot. I am looking around to spend around $600 USD on this system.

THANKS EVERYONE!

suggestion: make a new topic.

Shardie,I agree. OSX86 is supposed to be a hobby OS and if you get it to run after trying things out, looking stuff up etc., it will give you at least a feeling of accomplishement. (although I think getting it to run is more of a 'script-kiddy' accomplishement, the real work is done by people like semthex, netkas, bikedude880 etc.).

Just wanted to say I'm not going to be able to answer any more questions for a few weeks as I have a lot of RL life to catch up on. Therefore I am going to ask a mod to lock this thread for now as people have ignored my requests not to post more questions - well done to you, now instead of a few days wait, you'll have to wait a few weeks for your answers.

~mac.nub

So instead of asking questions some kind of kind of implementation roundup :P After fumbling around with JaS 10.4.8, different kernels and even more kernel panics I set the project "Hackintosh" on hold for a while. Now after almost half a year I discovered your announcement and gave it another try. Roundabout: Keep up the great work! Everything worked almost out of the box! I'm running A Pentium D820 on an Asrock Conroe945-DVI with a Netgear WGT311v1. Of course there were some minor issues, so let me shortly list them in case someone is setting on same mobo or WLAN-Card:

You have to disable "Limit CpuID", otherwise you get a kernel panic on boot (see this thread)

The Netgear WGT311v1 Hardware/Vendor-ID needs to be known by IO80211Family.kext (howto in this thread)

All official Apple Updates worked except for Airport Extreme Update 2007-001 and -002, no big deal, just keep a copy of IO80211Family.kext and move it back to /System/Library/Extensions.

The only thing that still won't work completely is the builtin ALC888 soundcard, I spent several hours trying different methods described here - without any success. That's okay, I have an Audio8DJ with 4 Stereo Out's and 4 Stereo In's... and OSX drivers - no lack of channels here at all ;)

The only thing that produced an instant kernel panic: VmWare Fusion 1.1beta, all other apps are working freakin' fast and stable. Maybe I should give Parallels a try? But on the other hand I got used to Fusion and we're using all kind of vmware products here at work.

Once again: Keep up the great work!

cheers stif

mac.nub, I think you'll spend the rest of your life trying to reply to everyone which just isn't possible.

As a suggestion, what about just penning a readme file which says: if you've got xxx hardware, try installing xxx option.

I still haven't got round to trying the ISO yet but a lot of problems seem to be coming from people who don't know what to install and pick from the options.

Shardie, you're very cheeky. My wife is South African so I'm used to the abuse with by surname. She's got it now - unlucky!! Anyway, good luck with the tutorial. I found this while digging around other posts and it might help:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewforum.php?...1447b1054a31121

Best of luck.

MAC.NUB: i think its abit unfair to lock the thread as many other people can help.

Shardie, you're very cheeky. My wife is South African so I'm used to the abuse with by surname. She's got it now - unlucky!! Anyway, good luck with the tutorial. I found this while digging around other posts and it might help:http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewforum.php?...1447b1054a31121Best of luck.
LOL very funny. yeah I supose we can be abit cheeky, then again our English just sounds abrupt but we mean well.

I have this problem if anyone can help.

This is happening in VMWare server on an AMD computer. I know this release says for INTEL ONLY but I just wanted to see if it would work. The settings I am using are, 668 MB of RAM; 2 Proccesors and no network. Is there errors I am getting due to the fact that I am trying to run it on an AMD computer or is it something wrong with the coding? Either way all responses are welcomed with open arms.

Thanks

-Haysead

post-114264-1193777502_thumb.jpg

post-114264-1193777515_thumb.jpg

This is JMHO and is addressed to no one poster in particular and is not meant to offend anyone so please don't take it that way, but if folks would go back to the beginning of this thread, you'd see that most of the questions are being asked by relative newcomers to this forum (nothing wrong with being new...we all started some time) who, with a little concerted effort could search and find other threads that address a lot of their questions. The same questions have been asked dozens and dozens of times about most system board/graphics card combos.

Hackintosh is a hobby that requires a lot of reading from past success/fail stories to gain an understanding of how all this stuff works and we shouldn't be flooding one thread with questions about 50 different motherboards and chipsets and expect that Mac.Nub or anyone else owes us an answer. OSX86 was never intended to replace easy-to-install setup OS's. There are many, many tutorials out there to get beginners up to a certain point of the installation process. Then is when the learning fun really begins.

One thing that appears to be forgotten is that Mac.Nub's release is still OSX86 the same as all the other OSX86's out there. He just incorporated some of the most recent fixes that are all available separately with some research. OSX86 is OSX86 and the truth is that if it didn't work on a specific combo with some of the other recent releases (if properly installed) and the individual fixes that were out there, it's probably not going to work with this install just because the fixes are located on the disk. And if it does work, the 'how to' answers are already out there for the taking.

Just wanted to say I'm not going to be able to answer any more questions for a few weeks as I have a lot of RL life to catch up on. Therefore I am going to ask a mod to lock this thread for now as people have ignored my requests not to post more questions - well done to you, now instead of a few days wait, you'll have to wait a few weeks for your answers.

~mac.nub

thanks guys. {censored} off the one guy who has brought us so far. he was patient and answered everyones questions. he had one simple request. no more questions till he caught up. mods, please lock this thread out of respect to the crestor of the thread. thanks

@Dragonshadow - Sorry I somehow overlooked your PM. I'll take a look now.

Thanks for not nagging!

@eveyone else - See this post

~mac.nub

By the way, I looked at it more closly, and it doesn't crash after base system one, it finishes it fine. It configues the essentials, then crashes a split second after it starts to write them to disk.

Doens that mean conflicting packages?

Working Perfect with some Audio drivers.

Geekbench show my 2GB of memory as 333Mhz hope its bug,

if not how could i fix it.

Maybe ICH9R patch r something.

MB: Asus P5K Deluxe

CPU: C2D 6420

RAM: OCZ 2x1GB 800Mhz

VGA: Gainward 8800GTS 320

IDE HDD

breethagh - It is a bug, don't worry. It's running as the speed specified by the BIOS.

Dragon - What do you mean by default kernel? Do you mean 10.4.10 Intel SSE3 kernel & Essential Patches? If so no. If you are selecting that, and another kernel, and the nForce kernel... then yes you shouldn't be doing that.

Sorry, meant to PM earlier but got side-tracked.

~mac.nub

Dear mac.nub. I know you don´t have the possibilities to do an amd version.

But what, in theory, should be altered to get it working on amd machines besides the kernel?

Read the forum! There are already a bunch of AMD releases out there. Do some looking around yourself.

breethagh - It is a bug, don't worry. It's running as the speed specified by the BIOS.

Dragon - What do you mean by default kernel? Do you mean 10.4.10 Intel SSE3 kernel & Essential Patches? If so no. If you are selecting that, and another kernel, and the nForce kernel... then yes you shouldn't be doing that.

Sorry, meant to PM earlier but got side-tracked.

~mac.nub

Yeah, The 10.4.10 Intel SSE3 kernel & Essential Patches and then I also select the nforce kernal. No other ones.

I just think its wierd, no error or anything, just "There was an error, please restart"