Torrents - No Leopard for you. Apple settles on 9A581 GM

MrDee

665 posts in this topic

Does anyone how to get the bootcamp drivers ?

I know there on the disc .. i got a focked DL dvd and tried to burn it... i show that is verifies the parttitions on the image ..

I haven't got a dual layer anymore so i can't burn .. but have restored it to an usb disc

Even in windows i can't access the parttition ..

If you plan on using bootcamp, you're gonna have to wait for another release, or wait till you legit copy comes in the mail.The image that is out there now does NOT contain the bootcamp part on the disc image, so no drivers or anything. You can still setup your partition for installing it, but it wont be that useful.

same problem here ... any solution ?
Just reformat and install, seems to do it. Also not sure if this was the cause or not, if you're installing off an external disk, disconnect it before you first boot into the os. Then plug it in once you hit the desktop.

How to UNRAR it corretcly? Wich program do you use?(I'm downloading from Usenet)Thanxx!
MACPAR Deluxe do it...
Is the usenet image bootable, if so how.. I just burnt it with disk utility and it won't boot.
Yes ! I burn it with disk utility too.

Those who are having problems with burning, r u guys burning the dvd in leo? if u r, dont!

use tiger to burn.. apparently, leo has some issues with burning bootable dvds...

EDIT: oops... forgot to update the avartar.... and my sig...

They didn't withhold drivers from the DVD. If you read Apple's Boot Camp page, it says the following:

After you run Boot Camp, simply insert the Leopard DVD to install the necessary drivers.

I'm guessing that the DVD is both Mac and Windows formatted, and the windows formatted part on the disk is the boot camp drivers. It seems they want you to actually have the leopard DVD to install boot camp drivers, no making a driver disk this time around.

Looks like whoever ripped it only ripped the mac compatible part of the image into a .dmg. You may see another "full" release coming soon.

---UPDATE---

Again, from the bootcamp page:

Already running Boot Camp? Even easier.

If you’re already working with Boot Camp Beta, you’re practically finished before you start. All you need is some new drivers. To install them, simply start up your Mac in Windows and update the drivers from the Leopard DVD.

They should be there on the DVD

They didn't withhold drivers from the DVD. If you read Apple's Boot Camp page, it says the following:

I'm guessing that the DVD is both Mac and Windows formatted, and the windows formatted part on the disk is the boot camp drivers. It seems they want you to actually have the leopard DVD to install boot camp drivers, no making a driver disk this time around.

Looks like whoever ripped it only ripped the mac compatible part of the image into a .dmg. You may see another "full" release coming soon.

Makes sense. Otherwise people would need blank CD's to run bootcamp. As long as the main OS is ok, then I can wait till Friday to run the DVD in Windows to update drivers. No biggie really.

I'm running 9a581 and here is Boot Camps "Upgrading from Boot Camp Beta" help page says:

"If you’ve already installed Boot Camp Beta on your computer, you don’t need to repartition your hard disk or reinstall Windows in order to upgrade.

To upgrade from Boot Camp Beta, you update the Boot Camp drivers for Windows.

To update the Boot Camp drivers for Windows:

Restart your Mac using Windows.

Insert the Mac OS X Leopard disc or “Mac OS X Install Disc 1” that came with your computer to install the Boot Camp drivers."

I am having trouble booting the install image. It's located on a seperate partition, I have it mounted with disk utility, but when I hold down Alt during boot it does not show up. Neither does it show up in Sartup disks. Please advise.

Did you use the "Restore" option to install the disk image to that separate partition? If you just copied the DMG to the new partition, it won't work correctly; you must restore it for it to work as bootable volume.

Try holding C on boot (mac mini)

I'll try that, what I did was selected it as the boot in the control panel, and that didn't work ( all don on my mini )..

Thats why I am thinking I burnt it wrong, will try the 'c' key at boot..

thx

Abysmal