Torrents - No Leopard for you. Apple settles on 9A581 GM

MrDee

665 posts in this topic

You need GUID to be able to boot in on a Intel Machine

That's what everyone keeps saying.

I erased/partitioned my iPod as HFS+ with Disk Utility. Disk Utility gives an error when selecting GUID so the Apple Partition Map is the only option. Then I restored the Leopard DMG to the iPod and booted from my iPod (hold Option during startup to select the iPod) on an Intel-Mac (2.4GHz MacBook Pro). It worked, Leopard installed without any problems.

Hmmmmmm, no BootCamp drivers ..... then I do believe this MAY not be the retail version, GM, or whatever.

The plot thickens ..

I believe it is.

The betas had a different DVD index, no xcode tools or optional install.

But well, we'll see. :)

Could be because the DVD is full (Yes, 7.50GB burned, so almost no space), maybe because they were not finished, or as I said, maybe they'll just put them in an update for everyone who needs them.

Yey

The lost files now appeared on my Easynews. Probably at you all as well.

Does anybody have any pros/cons against installing on top of Tiger.. Is it somehow better to do a clean install?

How long is installation time?

I uploaded 600mb's of Par2, should be enough to fix the thing. :)

I believe it is.

The betas had a different DVD index, no xcode tools or optional install.

But well, we'll see. :)

Could be because the DVD is full (Yes, 7.50GB burned, so almost no space), maybe because they were not finished, or as I said, maybe they'll just put them in an update for everyone who needs them.

Something is not right, why would they have an 'update' with BootCamp drivers, they would want this functionality out of the box. Something is fishy about this .... but you are right, guess we will see ...

Somehow i feel we're being duped.

I was wondering what if the build on the DVD is really different from this build. But you could be right Fiber, some things were mysteriously left out like Note Syncing and whatnot. Are we all in for a surprise come Friday? Well...

--The plot does thicken

Some commenters on TP.B says that this is confirmed to be the Internal GM candidate.. I guess they added some stuff (like drivers) to the DVD before it went off. But as said, we might see 9A600 (just to make it look nice) on friday with some more stuff..

Some commenters on TP.B says that this is confirmed to be the Internal GM candidate.. I guess they added some stuff (like drivers) to the DVD before it went off. But as said, we might see 9A600 (just to make it look nice) on friday with some more stuff..

Don't think so, unless they dumped something from the DVD, because it's full.

- I need to correct myself; The DVD has something like 790MB's left and then it's max.

Ok - well, i appreciate everyone's efforts, etc - but I'm certainly waiting till Friday .... especially after hearing that this was the 'internal candidate' - more reason to suspect something is not right -

Hey - it may be 99.8% the real deal ... but that .2% would not accept software updates, and make me have to re-install - AGAIN!

Can someone please answer this?

The only thing I got is a MacBook with 2 operating systems/drives, MacOSX Tiger and Windows Vista.. I have no external hard drives or an iPod.. so I cant use any of those to burn the Leopard DVD iso image. Is it possible to format the Windows Vista drive of my MacBook with disc utility and burn the DVD iso image to this drive and from there upgrade the Mac OS X Tiger partition of my MacBook to Leopard.. Is that possible..

Ok - well, i appreciate everyone's efforts, etc - but I'm certainly waiting till Friday .... especially after hearing that this was the 'internal candidate' - more reason to suspect something is not right -

Hey - it may be 99.8% the real deal ... but that .2% would not accept software updates, and make me have to re-install - AGAIN!

I doubt that the build number will change.

Shut up and buy the stupid DVD on the 26th.

Okay I have some evidence from the past. Remember when Tiger went GM? Yeah here it is to jog your memory.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050401051158/....macrumors.com/

A full 29 days before its release. And yes it was released as that version

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_v10.4#Version_history

Don't fear. 9A581 is most likely the one.

*side note*

Hilarious comments from back then. Someone thought 10.5 will be called Lion. ;)

just FYI's,

All finals are 'internal candidates' before being finals. Or at least, they should be. In a proper commercial dev environment, nothing should change between an RC being approved to be final and final release apart from the printing on the box, or you risk breaking something on release which makes you look very very foolish.

just FYI's,

All finals are 'internal candidates' before being finals. Or at least, they should be. In a proper commercial dev environment, nothing should change between an RC being approved to be final and final release apart from the printing on the box, or you risk breaking something on release which makes you look very very foolish.

We'll see. ;)

Friday is the big day, then we'll know for sure.

- Btw guys, check that Apple Museum site.. 10.5 Build list :

10.5 pre-release 9A241, 9A241e, 9A283, 9A303, 9A321, 9A343, 9A377a, 9A410, 9A499, 9A500n, 9A527, 9A559, 9A557, 9A581, 9A599

Last one, fault or.. ? :P