a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

Something cool I found - at least I hope it works - is that you can transfer all of your settings, docs, apps, etc - from a Time machine backup - too cool! Since I had leopard running before and had the backups on an external drive, it just figured out where they were and I took the chance that it will work - looks like it will take about 1 1/2 hours to restore everything - I'll let you all know how well it works...

Oh, and when this puppy boots - it boots into 64bit mode, so the kernel is 64 bit now (and probably so is most everything else) which accounts for the speed folks are seeing with this...

Something cool I found - at least I hope it works - is that you can transfer all of your settings, docs, apps, etc - from a Time machine backup - too cool! Since I had leopard running before and had the backups on an external drive, it just figured out where they were and I took the chance that it will work - looks like it will take about 1 1/2 hours to restore everything - I'll let you all know how well it works...

Oh, and when this puppy boots - it boots into 64bit mode, so the kernel is 64 bit now (and probably so is most everything else) which accounts for the speed folks are seeing with this...

that came in the build before wwdc 07 D:

Um, I could not link through, but it's common courtesy vs just ripping the info and images and claiming credit for them.

arn

:(OMG IT'S ARN... the MacRumors God! :king:

And he just joined InsanelyMac and made his first post.

I think I just exploded a bit inside. :|;):D

What is the new FrontRow Interface like?

Also, *whoo hoo* for the possibility of 9A599 being GM.

it looks like TV

heres a quote from arstechnica:

such as in this discussion at InsanelyMac forum, whose servers appear to be buckling under the pent up lust of frustrated Mac users.

they also mentioned colonel's video to youtube, and my ical image WOO

Umm... almighty macrumors god, could you fix the first macrumors rumors. the desktop images on the page have exceeded bandwidth. Just asking if its possible. another pic of the desktops images are on I think the 6th page. Also, I was wondering if you have to be 13 to be a member because the T & C don't have any relation to age, assuming kids my age dont care about macs but, I am obsessed with apple inc. I worship they ground the walk on. ok, maybe not, but Im pretty close to that.

Umm... almighty macrumors god, could you fix the first macrumors rumors. the desktop images on the page have exceeded bandwidth. Just asking if its possible. another pic of the desktops images are on I think the 6th page. Also, I was wondering if you have to be 13 to be a member because the T & C don't have any relation to age, assuming kids my age dont care about macs but, I am obsessed with apple inc. I worship they ground the walk on. ok, maybe not, but Im pretty close to that.

sry, the ones on the 6th page are starting to expire as well, can someone tell me of a place that hosts images that can handle high bandwidth :D people cant get enough of the horizon image :wacko: and im a bit older than 13 :blink: if thats what ur asking

sry, the ones on the 6th page are starting to expire as well, can someone tell me of a place that hosts images that can handle high bandwidth :D people cant get enough of the horizon image :wacko: and im a bit older than 13 :blink: if thats what ur asking

um im saying that on some sites, you have to be 13 or 18 to post. um if you put it on a website that is owned by you then it might work. nice name numberz. Mine is from an online game I play. I lost my old account and this username was supposed to be temporary while i get my old one back but I never went back.

You can find the new desktop pictures here.

The whole earth

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1046/142507...a45363f78_o.jpg

Edge of earth

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1224/142595...a5c80754d_o.jpg

Your welcome.

Those pics are pretty awesome. Im obsessed with macintosh and i use pcs! I want to get a 24" imac. THAT is one awesome computer. :blink:

um im saying that on some sites, you have to be 13 or 18 to post. um if you put it on a website that is owned by you then it might work. nice name numberz. Mine is from an online game I play. I lost my old account and this username was supposed to be temporary while i get my old one back but I never went back.

thanks, i was mr.mac before :wacko: so, thanks for uploading those pics right as mine finished uploading :blink:

thanks, i was mr.mac before :wacko: so, thanks for uploading those pics right as mine finished uploading :blink:

Nice screenshots. why dont you post those on macrumors?

also, I need a funny sentence for my signurature.

50% of people are smart, the rest dont know how large a percentage they are. I need a nice pic of the finder to to go along with it. the finder is cool. well I got to go. email me if you want to chat.

Nice screenshots. why dont you post those on macrumors?

also, I need a funny sentence for my signurature.

50% of people are smart, the rest dont know how large a percentage they are. I need a nice pic of the finder to to go along with it. the finder is cool. well I got to go. email me if you want to chat.

Because MacRumors is lame because they like to replace good youtube vids with lame retarded ones that are uploaded by wannabe posers.

"I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl." - Funman895

Those statistics are highly debatable...

Because MacRumors is lame because they like to replace good youtube vids with lame retarded ones that are uploaded by wannabe posers.

"I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl." - Funman895

Those statistics are highly debatable...

u should be happy that arstechnica used urs :blink:

EDIT: ZOMG ITS SWAD, HAI!

nice... now give us a launch date......i thought mums not the word... i was hoping for 1st week, but I guess the are going for 6 years Ipod annivarsary

well, some of us are gonna have it in october no matter what, we will be running the rc for weeks before it comes out :blink: