a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

You're welcome!

Thanks to everyone who gave me help along the way. First, I'd like to thank my producer, Bob, and everyone at...

Wait, wrong speech?

Seriously though...

Thanks for boosting my post count 20/30 some in one night.

=D =D =D =D

Uh. Can we make this thread about 9A559 and not about BitTorrent please?

By the way. This is an excellent build. They finally fixed most my gripes about the new Front Row. Now if only they could make skipping work the way it did previously, I would be happy. (IE...forward 30sec, back 5sec).

Thanks, Ayanami! You rock. My powerbook's DVD drive has been broken for a year so when the last copy of Leopard I loaded on it caused it to not be able to turn on, I couldn't restore it via Tiger disk. And I've been lacking on a good torrent for a newer build so I can restore it to a HD. You're the best! (I'm using my newer iMac so it's not like I've been out of a computer)

Anyway, this build looks great.

You know... Usenet would be much faster. And while Comcast limits your downloads, to my knowledge they don't limit uploads. Or you could use a trial period of a dozen or more services to get it up there. And once it's up THERE, everyone can download it from their ISP or high speed account, bypassing the whole "limited seeder upload bandwidth" issue.

My $0.02. I'll be waiting until it's out to more people. :)

I don't understand Usenet... =(

In fact, if this whole thing hasn't made it obvious, Internet/Networking is a huge blank area in my computing knowledge. That's my next CIS class =\

You know... Usenet would be much faster. And while Comcast limits your downloads, to my knowledge they don't limit uploads. Or you could use a trial period of a dozen or more services to get it up there. And once it's up THERE, everyone can download it from their ISP or high speed account, bypassing the whole "limited seeder upload bandwidth" issue.

My $0.02. I'll be waiting until it's out to more people. :)

And you're welcome Rock.

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I used Disk Utility's Restore to put my original DMG on an 8 gig partition (It's faster, and I don't have any dual-layer DVDs). I did a clean install, and I didn't keep the original DMG. I took my partition and used Disk Utility to turn it back into a DMG after the install. Don't really know what happened. Compression?

thanks, ayanami.

i'm just curious why the file is only 6.22 gb.

[EDIT]: Matt, the original DMG was 6.5 gigs.

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I used Disk Utility's Restore to put my original DMG on an 8 gig partition (It's faster, and I don't have any dual-layer DVDs). I did a clean install, and I didn't keep the original DMG. I took my partition and used Disk Utility to turn it back into a DMG after the install. Don't really know what happened. Compression?

[EDIT]: Matt, the original DMG was 6.5 gigs.

Apple may have compressed the file differently.

Or there is alot of content missing lol.

I think ThinkSecret said they compressed a lot of the apps and made Leopard a LOT smaller than it was