a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

ok cool... then its my fault that it didnt boot... :unsure: anyway, u know how to recover the partition that u used to create the disc?

How to recover...I'm not sure if I follow you...

You could take the disk you have, put it in your computer (after it's started up), and make a DMG out of it. I think you use Disk Utility, but I could be mistaken.

I sure hope they change that ugly Exposé icon (the big one, the one in System Preferences is fine imo). Other than that, it looks great. :unsure:

Also, does Front Row now have volume controls with the remote? If I understand correctly, this wasn't the case for the last builds?

someone said something about new music. it sucks, its just the music from the new imac add it doesnt match the video at all. i have a big job ahead of me, forgot to restore apps when transferring users D: btw if u thought 528 was fast, 559 is like...faster...way faster especially the finder

EDIT: it seems that apple has speed up expose's effects to make it seem faster, same goes for spaces, it takes less time to open and close it

Can FrontRow start up on your secondary monitor, now that it's an .app by itself?

I have never understood why you can't start it on the second monitor.

bugs i found so far:

1. hmm, there's still a bad bug in frontrow, movies are not shown (blank screen except the timeline), but there is audio played when displays are synced. is this a problem with my installation or do you have this bug too? might also be a bug with perian

however frontrow now shows previews for non-itunes media again

2. also i found that migrating settings from an external harddrive with tiger on it, takes way too long, and its progress bar and the text indicating the time until the process is finished is confusing. it went from 14 minutes to 1 hour suddenly, also "less than one minute" actually took 10 minutes. i guess this might be caused by the background spotlight indexing process, that now maybe is started earlier?

3. i wasn't able to install from an external usb-harddisk, "acpi driver not found" kernel panic on booting the image (did work with 9a527 however, might work with firewire), i had to create a partition with the setup-image on the internal harddisk

4. imovie08 is still crashing

other than that, this build is incredibly fast, looks polished (finder localization gui-bugs are gone)

one thing however i still miss, is a replacement for the blue aqua scrollbars, they simply do not fit to this new theme

one thing however i still miss, is a replacement for the blue aqua scrollbars, they simply do not fit to this new theme

I was hoping to see itunes stile scrollbars in this build, you are right the aqua ones look totally out of place.

Is 802.x authentication working in this build?

ok, one new ui feature i've noticed is the glass effect of menu drop down... i've attached a pic for illustration...

EDIT: ok, one more feature while previewing the post... now images are automatically scaled to fit ur window, and a magnifying glass pops out and lets u magnify the image... something like what ie has done..

post-14789-1190479815_thumb.png

This build does not seem to allow direct upgrades. I'm doing this on an existing partition on my Mac Pro - 9a528d worked well, so I think I'll try an archive & install next. Just for posterity (and in case something gets horked) I'm doing a superduper copy of my existing Leopard paritiion to a dmg.

ok, one new ui feature i've noticed is the glass effect of menu drop down... i've attached a pic for illustration...

EDIT: ok, one more feature while previewing the post... now images are automatically scaled to fit ur window, and a magnifying glass pops out and lets u magnify the image... something like what ie has done..

9A527 & 9A528d have had the ability to resize an image in Safari using the magnifying glass tool