Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

hm, but it worked fine witz 10.5.4 and a 9.2.2. sse3 kernel,

and now when i install leo4all with the in dvd integrated 1950 driver, i get a blue screen with mousecursor and the music from the beginning. that driver worked witzout quartz and core iamge but with higher resolutions, strange thing

You get access to higher resolutions just by installing Natit.kext (the one included on my package does that on my PC). You then can install one file at a time and see which one breaks your system. That's how I got my AGP X1950Pro working :) Trial and error and you shall have that thing up and running.

yesterday i installed alle the drivers from the package of bronya except the open.gl.framework. the only think that chnaged is that the iss recognized as agp, it says, that there's no driver loaded and core image and quartz extreme are also not working. I don't know whats the great diefference between 9.2.2 see3 and the xnu 9.4.0. With the first one it worked perfectly with leo4all v4.1 version 10.5.4.

I have updated to quicktime 7.5.5 and removed this quicktimeh264.component to the backup folder , but it doesn't work. Even tried to use the quicktimeh264.component of the 7.4.1 version.

Quicktime 7.4.1 was working great so far.

Hi,

you should remove ALL components. Just this one:

QuickTimeH264.component

You can find it in the /System/Library/QuickTime/ folder. As it is a directory with root access, you should do the following:

1) Open a terminal

2) sudo -s

3) mkdir /backup

4) mv /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeH264.component /backup

5) exit

That fixed my stuttering problem as Perian is now taking over the decoding job. You can verify this by opening a H264 movie in Quicktime and press either cmd+i or select Window->Movie Inspector from the menu. In the new Window it will show up which decoder it is using.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I just installed in PC a 1950GT with 256Mb (ID 7288) before i had a intel GMA950. so which driver I have to install?? I have a 10.5.5? JUst download driver on the first post for my device ID for 10.5.5 or anything els to instyall before?

Thanks

EDIT:

I answer by myself installed driver for my device ID 7288 and rebooted and kernel panic. Rebooted with -x and installed kext e natit drvier form this post and now I have all working.

But If sleeping doesn't work. When I GO back from sleep I obtain only a qurter of screen and blinking desktop.

Any suggestions?

Edited by mikfaina

hi, i've installed the 1950pro by sapphire, i0ve installe 9f33 drivers and all work perfectly.But i use an adapter from dvi to vga to connect to my monitor.

All programs works( poser, maya,zbrush,finalcutstudio 2 and all so effects) but my problem is that sometimes the os freeze and i've to reset the system.

I've seen this often when i pass from a space to other.a freeze, the system stop, mouse keyboard, screen.all

I want to say,have you got similar problems?' or the vga adapter is the problem??

THANKS FOR ANSWER FRIENDS!

> NeXiGeN

> Install Leo4All v3 10.5.2 and update 10.5.5.

> Driver for 10.5.5 --> Kernel Panic (1 screen)

> If delete all *ATI* files from Ext dir and install Driver--> Kernel Panic (2 screen)

> With other kext's - no CI/QE

> iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 - same effect.

> Card Ati Sapphire radeon x1950 gt 256Mb (1002x7288).

> WHAT'S WRONG???

> Я уже себе весь мозг взорвал. ну не работает - хоть ты тресни!!!

Если еще не разобрался, то вот этот архивчик мной собранный и проверенный тебе поможет :) : http://rapidshare.com/files/167981610/ATIx...0.5.5_9f33_.zip

Hi,

I just installed in PC a 1950GT with 256Mb (ID 7288) before i had a intel GMA950. so which driver I have to install?? I have a 10.5.5? JUst download driver on the first post for my device ID for 10.5.5 or anything els to instyall before?

Thanks

EDIT:

I answer by myself installed driver for my device ID 7288 and rebooted and kernel panic. Rebooted with -x and installed kext e natit drvier form this post and now I have all working.

But If sleeping doesn't work. When I GO back from sleep I obtain only a qurter of screen and blinking desktop.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Did you manage to have QE/CI working with this card?

I do have the same one but when I use the driver from the post you mentionned I got kernel panic because of ATIRadeonX1000.kext. If I delete the kext, my card is working but no QE/CI.

Thanks

Here are the information about my graphic card:

ATI Radeon X1950 Series :

Jeu de composants : ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type : Moniteur

Bus : PCIe

Longueur de la voie PCIe : x16

VRAM (totale) : 256 Mo

Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x7288

Identifiant de révision : 0x0000

Version du gestionnaire EFI : "01.00.140"

Moniteurs :

L768 :

Résolution : 1280 x 1024

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Logiciel

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Non géré

QuartzGL : Géré

L768 :

Résolution : 1280 x 1024

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Logiciel

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Non géré

QuartzGL : Géré

I am having trouble with my ATI x1950GT 7288 graphics card on iDeneb 10.5.5. Has anyone gotten this to work successfuly? I've read about mutliple methods. When I use Bronya's driver for Leopard 10.5.5(9f33) it gives me a kernel panic. Anybody know what I should do? I've read about several fixes on here but I'm not sure which were referring to 10.5.5. I am using the xnu 9.4.0 kernel. Does installing the separate ATIRadeonX1000 fix the problem? If so, how do I do it?

I am having trouble with my ATI x1950GT 7288 graphics card on iDeneb 10.5.5. Has anyone gotten this to work successfuly? I've read about mutliple methods. When I use Bronya's driver for Leopard 10.5.5(9f33) it gives me a kernel panic. Anybody know what I should do? I've read about several fixes on here but I'm not sure which were referring to 10.5.5. I am using the xnu 9.4.0 kernel. Does installing the separate ATIRadeonX1000 fix the problem? If so, how do I do it?

Exactly same problem here when using Bronya's driver for Leopard 10.5.5(9f33). So, I did remove the ATIRadeonX1000.kext (which seems to be the one the cause of the kernel panic) and no more kernel panic...but no QE/CI :) supported

For information, I tried with both iDeneb 10.5.5 and with "retail" install DVD + combo update (see thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=86167)

You talked about ATIRadeonX1000.kext fixes, could you tell me more? Where to find it? (I'll give it a try)

Exactly same problem here when using Bronya's driver for Leopard 10.5.5(9f33). So, I did remove the ATIRadeonX1000.kext (which seems to be the one the cause of the kernel panic) and no more kernel panic...but no QE/CI :P supported

For information, I tried with both iDeneb 10.5.5 and with "retail" install DVD + combo update (see thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=86167)

You talked about ATIRadeonX1000.kext fixes, could you tell me more? Where to find it? (I'll give it a try)

Try booting in safe mode, remove all ATI*.kext and Nanti.kext and reinstall Bronya's driver. Worked for me...

Try booting in safe mode, remove all ATI*.kext and Nanti.kext and reinstall Bronya's driver. Worked for me...

I did remove all the ATI*.kext and Natit.kext, then reinstall Bronya's driver but still the exact same problem for me.

I also tried to reinstall Kalyway 10.5.2, then install X1950xxx_10_5_2-9c7010/7288 package. My X1950GT works fine, with QE/CI enabled.

Files versions (in 10.5.2) are

- ATIRadeonX1000.kext: 1.5.24.9(5280)

- ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin: 1.5.24.9(5280)

- ATIRNDRV.kext: 1.4.19.01(4122)

- Natit.kext: ???

Any other idea how to get my X1950GT to have QE/CI with 10.5.5?

Thanks

EDIT: It works now with QE/CI !!!

I Changed from 9.4.0 StageXNU Kernel to 9.5.0 Vanilla Kernel with Shutdown fix, then installed the ATIRadeonX1000 package (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=34970)

I'm still waiting to see such fix for this. Happens to me almost by one year. Gave up on sleep.

BTW, Bronya, how long should we expect until a 10.5.6 working driver? Or do 10.5.5 works on 10.5.6? (sorry I am at work right now, so could not test it yet)

Cheers

Hi all,

I know that noobs are not really fun to deal with, but at some point most of us were noobs..

I hope I have posted this in the right place, if not I'm sorry and would appreciate it if you could tell me where to post.

I have an ATI X1950Pro PCI-E

This is what is written in System Profiler:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I downloaded the 10.5.5_9f33_.zip file uncompressed it and found a whole lot of files in it. :( I think I need to use OSX86Tools to install but I don't know what Kexts to install,

I have just installed on my system the chipset drivers, AMD patch, and Voodoo Kernel.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

I'm still waiting to see such fix for this. Happens to me almost by one year. Gave up on sleep.

BTW, Bronya, how long should we expect until a 10.5.6 working driver? Or do 10.5.5 works on 10.5.6? (sorry I am at work right now, so could not test it yet)

Cheers

I was a bit bored, so I decided to compare vanilla 10.5.5 drivers vs Bronya's ones so I can make the drivers by myself for 10.5.6 version.

So far I understand the changes in ATIRadeonX1000's plist and the hex edit in ATIRadeonX1000, tough I don't know why he changes a C0 value to 78 in this last file.

Also he makes some changes in ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin's plist, which I understand.

But what makes me feel completly idiot are Bronya's hex editions in PryonaceB kext. There a couple of strings which are different in comparison with the vanilla one, but I don't have a clue about what those strings are needed for.

So, I modded 10.5.6 drivers in the same way (in 10.5.6 GA plugin uses ATIRadeonGA string instead of ATIRadeonX1000GA), and kept the original IOProviderClass (IONVRDFrameBuffer, instead of the one Bronya's 10.5.5 uses)

But....I could not get QE and CI until I replaced 10.5.6 ATINVRD.kext with Bronya's 10.5.5 one.

So, except for that point (which I think is just the framebuffer driver), everything else is working with the new 10.5.6 binaries.

Anyway I hope Bronya can answers my questions. Who knows?, He may some day sell his x1950, and I'd like being able to mod my the drivers by myself.

Regards

I've applied 10.5.6 thru SU, and it went flawless.

But I have no clue if I have or not QE/CI enabled, as I get kernel panic when open System Profiler and click on Graphics option.

It looks like it's working, I have screen resolution change options, translucent menus and all the bells and whistles I had before applied 10.5.6, but still need to do some extra testing to be sure -- specially regarding 3D speed.

But I have no clue if I have or not QE/CI enabled, as I get kernel panic when open System Profiler and click on Graphics option.

It looks like it's working, I have screen resolution change options, translucent menus and all the bells and whistles I had before applied 10.5.6, but still need to do some extra testing to be sure -- specially regarding 3D speed.

If you applied the update properly you won't have 3d, just open the dashboard and look for any 3d effect, for example click de "i" letter in the weather widget, with QE&CI it rotates in 3d.

Using Sapphire 256mb ATI x1950Pro. 0x7280

Just to let you know that i have updated to 10.5.6 with PC-EFI v9 Chameleon/DSDT/AppleIntelCPUManagement + IntelCPUPMDiable kexts.

Restarted twice and i got the ati graphic card logo with flashing red plug.

Just used the previous 10.5.5 Broyna driver and all works with QE and hardware accelerated.

If you applied the update properly you won't have 3d, just open the dashboard and look for any 3d effect, for example click de "i" letter in the weather widget, with QE&CI it rotates in 3d.

You mean, by clicking on the info (i) letter on Weather widget, was it supposed to rotate (flip 180˚)? It has the rotation animation here. It is, however, taking longer and somehow unresponsive for some seconds, but it is rotating.

Uh, I forgot to mention I am using Bronya's extensions on EFI partition (check sig for tip). May be this the reason why it worked.

You mean, by clicking on the info (i) letter on Weather widget, was it supposed to rotate (flip 180˚)? It has the rotation animation here. It is, however, taking longer and somehow unresponsive for some seconds, but it is rotating.

Uh, I forgot to mention I am using Bronya's extensions on EFI partition (check sig for tip). May be this the reason why it worked.

Anyway just load MacOS X system profiler, the go to the graphics section and look for Quartz Express and Core Image.

If everything is working it should show "compatible", otherwise will show "software".

Anyway just load MacOS X system profiler, the go to the graphics section and look for Quartz Express and Core Image.

If everything is working it should show "compatible", otherwise will show "software".

*sigh*

Oh wait, you had quoted that before... :wacko: