Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

All working fine here with my x1950 - but is anyone else getting jerky performance from the latest version of Quicktime when watching HD trailers at full screen using this card?

Can roll back to an earlier version of Quicktime with Pacifist to rectify this, but this then causes problems with the latest version of iLife which needs the newer QT.

Has anybody else noticed the card are a lot noisier since a couple of drivers versions ago?

I have both 10.4.11 and 10.5.6 installed and while my x1950 pro is inaudible with Tiger, on 10.5.6 the fan speed is always very noisy.

Any suggestion?

Edit: I just installed the old natit.kext from 10.4.11 drivers and now the fan is as silent as in 10.4.11 :)

Thanks for sharing this info! Will try this now!!!

Hi,

can I use this driver for 1950 pro xt 512MB AGP?

Please advise I'm hopeless. I have Leopard 10.5.6 running. See information below.

(01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon X1950 GT [1002:7288] (rev 9a))

23.12.2008 The driver for Leopard 10.5.6(9G55) for 7280 and 7288 !!! 10.5.6.zip

Hi!

Thanks for your great job with this driver.

I have successfull installed it.

But wen i run an application that use the grafic card 3d like google earth , in a few minutes the screen become black and the pc freez.

I have a x1950 pro 256 mb and i have leopard 10.5.6 installed with ideneb 1,4 .

Some one can help me? :D

thank you a lot!

bye bye!!

Is there possibly a conflict with the 9.5 voodoo kernel and the 10.5.6 drivers?

I've installed iPC 10.5.6 and kalyway 10.5.2. Tried all the drivers I could find for both installs. Best I get is a system booting with a black screen. Worst is a kernel panic. Tried booting with various combos of dvi or vga on either dvi port.

I have:

visiontek x1950pro AGP (id 7280)

P4P800SE motherboard

3.0 Prescott P4

About to install 10.5.5 and see if I have any luck with those drivers.

Anybody have any luck with a x1950pro AGP with 9.5 Voodoo kernel in 10.5.6?

Install Ideneb 1.3 10.5.5. Tried various drivers from this forum. All resulting in panic or black screen. Natit by itself cause the black screen.

updated kernel to 9.5 voodoo on the 10.5.5 install. Still black screen.

Can't figure out where to go from here. Can't seem to get any installation of osx86 and the card working.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Hello Bronya..I was seeing if you had gotten GEand GI to work with X1950Pro....I have not and followed your intructions. THanks in advance.

Of course he had. That's what his driver are for :)

Bronya's drivers works fine with my (and many other people's) x1950 Pro. If it's not working for your is probably due to a messed Mac Os X installation.

Probably you are using one of those "distros" around (kalway, iPC, iDeneb, etc....). Just stick to a vanilla installation and everything will work just fine.

Hi VooD,

I was wondering, did you get this drivers working without actually modifying your Vanilla install ? I'm using a Vanilla install with EFI Partition method, in order to have all my drivers loaded from this partition, but anytime I try to load these from EFI, it leads to a Kernel Panic. If I install these, replacing the original Kexts, it works.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Hi VooD,

I was wondering, did you get this drivers working without actually modifying your Vanilla install ? I'm using a Vanilla install with EFI Partition method, in order to have all my drivers loaded from this partition, but anytime I try to load these from EFI, it leads to a Kernel Panic. If I install these, replacing the original Kexts, it works.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Many drivers (not only ati ones) have dependencies which lead them to fail if you load them from the EFI partition or Extra folder.

And nope, ati drivers as well as voodoohda / applehda are the only drivers I can't load from my EFI partition. There's nothing we can do about, except including the needed dependencies in the same folder...so I just prefer to load them from /s/l/e/ as usual.

Thanks for your answer... Hope I had found this a coupe of days ago =)

@ VooD : A little offtopic, but I invite you to go here :http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,155.0.html

It explains which files you have to take from your S/L/E to your EFI to make VoodooHDA work. Worked for me, and as I have a P5K-VM, I think it will for you too.

Could you please let me know which Kexts you use ? Maybe by PM to avoid the offtopic I'm making here... let's stop it now.

Bronya, of course, I forgot, Thanks for your drivers !!

I face a problem though, when watching videos through QuickTime, they are a little stuttering... I manage to get used to it after a couple of minutes, but it's weird... do you think it can come from the drivers ?

• 2 weeks later...

10.5.7 just out...driver of course work without CI/QE at this time

x1950GT PCIe 0x7288

Darwin Kernel Version 9.7.0: Tue Mar 31 22:52:17 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.12.14~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

updated directly with "software update" without a glitch from a "distribution" xXx 10.5.6

hope this help

enjoy!

EDIT: never mind :rolleyes: ..reloaded the 10.5.6 driver with load.command and now CI/QE are correctly enabled!

work great! but sleep icon still there, maybe bronya could post the corrected driver. thx.

10.5.7 just out...driver of course work without CI/QE at this time

x1950GT PCIe 0x7288

Darwin Kernel Version 9.7.0: Tue Mar 31 22:52:17 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1228.12.14~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

updated directly with "software update" without a glitch from a "distribution" xXx 10.5.6

hope this help

enjoy!

EDIT: never mind ;) ..reloaded the 10.5.6 driver with load.command and now CI/QE are correctly enabled!

work great! but sleep icon still there, maybe bronya could post the corrected driver. thx.

Yes ! I corrected and work fine !

Only please wait !!!

Just tried the 1057 7280 one and not getting hardware accell....

Yeah Bronya.. SHould not have done that ;) I am putting files back and trying again as we speak :0 Did it because when I install the 10.5.7 drivers the OS starts but it is all distorted.. Will report back after ATI restore

Just tried the 1057 7280 one and not getting hardware accell. I did have to rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ATI* then do the load command to even get it running at first. Will play around with it alittle more and see if I can figure out what is going wrong

You no should write command in terminal "rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*" !

You no should write command in terminal "rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*" !

Working perfectly on my x1950 7280.

In case any of you installed the 10.5.6 driver while you were waiting for the new ones, just be sure to revert 10.5.7 files to vanilla state before installing the new Bronya's 10.5.7 drivers.

To Bronya: do you think you could re-upload the 10.4.11 drivers? Some people is still using Tiger and I'm sure they will miss those drivers.

Success!!!! Thank Bronya for putting me straight :)

What I had to do

1) Restore /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle to those RIGHT after the 10.5.7 Update (AKA before I installed the 10.5.6 drivers in the interem)

2) Install Bronya's new Drivers...

Voila it works great!...

Bronya. Is there a quick way to determine I am running the correct drivers? Just to make sure ?

Kevin Email , yes sure !

VooD,

To Bronya: do you think you could re-upload the 10.4.11 drivers? Some people is still using Tiger and I'm sure they will miss those drivers.

Driver for 10.4.11 please wait )))

Sorry, but on my X1950GT 512mb don't work QE ((. What I'l can do? (sorry, my languege is bad) (Mac OS 10.5.6 update to 10.5.7)

1) Update to 10.5.7

2) Install driver and autorun reboot !

3) work !

Understand ?