Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone I am using my card fine Resolution + CI + QE on 10.5.6, keep in mind I am using this with the EFI gfx string Bronya posted on post#803 in this thread and be sure to note that the OpenGL framework does not go in the extensions folder in 10.5.6!

Hey Everyone I am using my card fine Resolution + CI + QE on 10.5.6, keep in mind I am using this with the EFI gfx string Bronya posted on post#803 in this thread and be sure to note that the OpenGL framework does not go in the extensions folder in 10.5.6!

Great, but I understand we still need patched drivers, am I correct?

Yes I also forgot to mention Bronya's 10.5.5 modified kekt's and natit, but not the open gl frameworks

Yes I also forgot to mention Bronya's 10.5.5 modified kekt's and natit, but not the open gl frameworks

I never installed Bronya's opengl frameworks, and never had any problem.

(I always make vanilla installations using the original dvd)

I have a system iATKOS 10.5.5 with "voodoo" working fine with the ati 1950 from sapphire (7280) and system profiler detects card but QE isnt working and after 2 hours searching im still to understand what is QI!! My problem is that i want to install final cut studio 2 and it doesnt work, everything else works like a charm. The NO VRAM error pops up and closes, conputer crashes whe itry to download pacifist!

BUt card is working great. i even updated to 10.5.6 and it still works great altough i had to take mouse USB plug out one time for it to detect it.

DO i have to reinstall and kep it just 10.5.5 for installing FCS 2?

My driver work on 10.5.6 ... please wait ... i no time have ... you rest )))

Yeah works great Bronya, I made a post on your behalf letting people know it works on my PCI express. No need for anything on your end :D

Perhaps it would be wise to update the original post to include the GFX string? As its a bit buried in the thread at post 802

I solved the final cut studio 2 problem by reinstalling eveything (10.5.5) using bonyas driver for ati 1950 pro and it works (no more no vram error) but now im afraid of updating (to 10.5.6) and loosing it again!

Im gona try it anyway. Ill post the result later.

Thx bronya super driver man :P

My driver work on 10.5.6 ... please wait ... i no time have ... you rest )))

I can only say: :D

Installed 10.5.6, lost QE/CI, reinstalled Bronay's drivers for 10.5.5 and QE/CI back again ;). I think I'm using an older OpenGL Framework now, doesn't matter :P

I think the 10.5.6 update installs a newer Framework, not compatible with Bronya's drivers for now. Reinstalling Bronya's 10.5.5 driver gives you the Frawework from 10.5.5, which is compatible with Bronya's drives, so I have QE/CI, but hey, it's just a thought. I don't know if this is working for everyone, Bronya said there will be as soon new drivers, so you can better wait I guess.

Personally I think there is nothing to be afraid of updating to 10.5.6, escpecially when you're already using a vanilla kernel.

i formatted my harddisk and installed Leo4All v4.1.1.

Then i updated it to 10.5.5., the voodoo xnu 9.5.0 kernel and pc-efi v9.

My Graphic card is still the 1950 pro agp 0x7280 512 mb from ATI (0x1002).

I'm using a dvi to vga adapter.

Which driver should i install, cause the paket from bronya that i got before doesn't work anymore

when i installed it i get a loop of errormessages:lqi2g1.JPG

First of all : Thanks Bronya for the Update !

After wake up from sleep the ATI Warning Symbol blinks on my desktop. Going back to 10.5.5 driver, it disappears..

Solved ! Just copied the Natit.kext from the 10.5.5 driver package. Anyway - Thanks again for your great work.

Many thanks Bronya for the updated 10.5.6 drivers, they fixed some OpenGL minor issues I was facing.

Now, have you any idea what can I do to trace down the cause of a instant kernel panic when I open System Profiler and chose Graphics option? All other options on SP do works, just the graphics makes system to crash.

Again, thanks for your time.

sorry that i'm still having errors:

i stuck at the blue screen with the mouse cursor with bronyas paket he made for me.

i've read that a secend display fix that (paperclip) but it doens't work either.

i've also read about the AppleSMBIOS.kext, i have the standard version of leo4allv4.1.1.

which version should i use and how do i replace it, with the console?

do you know a solution?

edit: mkay, when i wait 15 or more minutes i get into the dekstop with ci/qe,

i also replaced the applesmbios.kext with the rev 6 one bei mac.nub

I installed iAtkos, it was good, but i can't boot into it. Tryed -x -v, still the same.

It loads, and after few minutes monitor just turns off. What to do??! And i hear that it's doing something...

My hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz

VGA: ATi Radeon X1950 Pro (By MSI)

Motherboard: Gigabyte 945P-DS3

Lan: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

RAM: 4 GB DDR2