Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hi Djeross and mcknightmare,

I also haven't found the real solution yet for HD H264 movies.

When playing those HD movies in QT 7.6 i also experience stuttering , it needs too much CPU Usage (see Activity monitor)with my intel core 2 duo 2 Ghz. which is not normal. The CPU usage it way to high if you compare this with VLC player.

Till now i used the old Quicktime 7.4.1. The only known latest stable 'fast' QT for this graphic card.

Now i am trying to play the movies only in VLC instead of QT 7.6 . It still remains a Hackintosh.

Hope someone will find a real solution for HD movies in QT.

greets

Thanks for your answer... Hope I had found this a coupe of days ago =)

@ VooD : A little offtopic, but I invite you to go here :http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,155.0.html

It explains which files you have to take from your S/L/E to your EFI to make VoodooHDA work. Worked for me, and as I have a P5K-VM, I think it will for you too.

Could you please let me know which Kexts you use ? Maybe by PM to avoid the offtopic I'm making here... let's stop it now.

Bronya, of course, I forgot, Thanks for your drivers !!

I face a problem though, when watching videos through QuickTime, they are a little stuttering... I manage to get used to it after a couple of minutes, but it's weird... do you think it can come from the drivers ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using a Asrock Dual 939 Mother Board with both AGP and PCIE for Display Card. So far I have been trying hard to get the ASUS 1950 Pro in PCIE to work. But in the end, fail.

If any one has been able to make his 1950 Pro to work with ASRock 939 Dual SATA, can you please share your experience ?

lugui

hi lugui, i succeeded in installing Asus 1950 Pro on iDeneb 1.5 10.5.7. I didn't use the driver in the install DVD - simply installed without ANY video driver because the computer freezes after restart. Then installed the 10.5.7 from the link on the first page. More specific - the 7280 version that is in the package.

Good Luck !

Bronya, any chance of getting a x86_64 of the kexts for use in Snow Leopard? The version you posted it's full 32 bits, and I can't load snow leopard in 32 bits mode (kernel panic) :D

Hello! Can I use this driver to Xpress 200? I already tried Callisto driver e all I could find on web and nothing. So, can this work? or anyone have any other ideal?

thx very much!

setup:

motherboard: intel d101ggc

graphics: onboard ATI Xpress 200

RAM: 1gb

Have not tried so thought I would ask. Any Changes needed for 10.5.8 that just came out?

UPDATE: Since I am a stupid person went ahead with the upgrade on a iAtkosV7 system.

Just updated from the standard Software update

When completed the system worked fine minus sound and QE/CI

Just to make sure I did not do anything stupid I made a backup of the Extensions prior to screwing with them!!

Re-Installed 10.5.7 V7280 and my audio drivers and back in business.

NOTE: The Backup of the Extensions is key here. When Bronya releases the new drivers you may need to restore the originals!

Thought I would let everyone know.

Kevin

OMG , i have DSDT.aml for x1950 pro on leo and snowleo and work fine for 32 and 64 bit ...

Driver For 10.5.8 i no have time ., please wait ... :whistle:

That sounds amazing. Does that mean only one driver package is needed for all OS versions and be upgrade proof? Or does it only replace natit?

Could you please post your current solution for x1950 Pro in 10A432?

Hello. I'm new in working on hackintosh. I've got iPC 10.5.6 and i don't know how to instal bronya drivers for x1950. Could someone help me with installing it? step by step? I will be very gratefull. Thx

1. Find your graphics card device ID in "System Profiler". should be 7280 or 7288

2. Download the package corresponding to your OS version from the 1st post.

3. Open package and open folder of your device ID and double click load.command. enter password.

4. Repair Permissions after reboot.

Hey.. I have x1950xt device id 7244.. I've working driver in leopard but nothing yet for snowleopard.. Tried the same efi string for leo and added my dev id but didn't work out for snowleo so I was hoping maybe you have an idea or so..

Thanks in advance..

same problem

I have x1950xt device id 7244 and Snow Leo... any ideas?

I have a perfect working graphic in SL now although just for 32bit kernel :) ...

The solution is using Leo kext with SL, good thing that they works..

Do as I did:

In SL remove these kext:

ATI1900Controller.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATISupport.kext

And put these kext from Leo to SL:

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRNDRV.kext

(In leo these kext are framebuffer and in SL they have replaced by 1 kext ATIframbuffer..)

Once you have checked your sys profile and extensions look for what framebuffer that is used for the card at (ATY_)

My ati x1950xt using ATY_Alopias and so should yours... You can find that kext inside ATINDRV.kext PlugIns so you don't have to use the hole ATINDRV.kext but that is your choice it doesn't matter witch way..

The other SL for Ati is still stock like ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle and that what everyone want to use as many stock kext as possible so no need to edit them etc.. anyway...

Now I just added my dev id to the info.plist inside ATIRadeonX1000.kext and Boom it worked with both QE/CI and resolution.. :D non binary add though..

That is all what I'v got for now..

Btw you know that u have to rebuild mkext etc once you have removed some kext and installed some new one and it has to bee done from SL otherwise kp.. Good luck..

I hope someone have better solution and maybe we can use SL stock framebuffer and 64bit kernel too later on..

hi. i have just installed iatkos v7 & this driver on my pc and everything is working, but when os is loading the fan on my video card (sapphire x1950 pro) slows down (slightly before aqua shows up). does anyone know the solution? thanks.

hi. i have just installed iatkos v7 & this driver on my pc and everything is working, but when os is loading the fan on my video card (sapphire x1950 pro) slows down (slightly before aqua shows up). does anyone know the solution? thanks.

That's not a problem is the way it should be.

hi! I have an Asus ATI Radeon X1950 Pro (PCi-e && Dev_ID = 0x72801002 && ASUS EAX1950PRO)

and i'm still booting on Leo4All (OS X 10.5.2 - Darwin 9.2.0 - 9c31 ; I've tryed iAtkos v7 && iDeneb 1.4 - one don't boot on dvd, the other one have an endless loop at boot from installed osx) but that's not a problem for me...

I can't change resolution at all nor have QE/CI/OpenGL ...

Since I'm under 10.5.2 i've tryed your 10.5.5 drivers and an old one but leads to a BSOD (Black Screen Of the Death) that I use to repair now...

Question...: What could I do to make it working ? (actually I only need to change resolution)

PS: What about Apple Graphics Update 1?

PS2: That's what I could have at boot sometime when I don't have any BSOD nor a well configured graphic card

Natit: Starting.

device-id: 0x7280

device-id: 0x72A0

Found device

Found device

Found device name

Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display

Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,Alopias

Natit: Setting @1,display-connect-flags=0x00000400

Natit: Setting @1,name=ATY,Alopias

Natit: Setting @0,display-connect-flags=0x00000400

Found device name

Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,AlopiasParent

Natit: Setting @0,name=ATY,Alopias

Natit: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,Alopias

Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display

Natit: Setting model=ATI Radeon X1950 Series Secondary

ALCinject: Starting.

ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>

ALCinject: Setting PinConfigurations=<data not shown>

display: family specific matching fails

device-id: 0x72A0

Found device

Found device name

Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,AlopiasParent

Natit: Setting @0,name=ATY,Alopias

Natit: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,Alopias

Natit: Setting model=ATI Radeon X1950 Series Secondary

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

net_pinxue_driver_ViaRhine: Ethernet address 00:13:8f:bc:dc:81

ATY,Alopias: Not usable

ATY,Alopias: Not usable

Is it normal to have 2 devices (device-id: 0x7280 && device-id: 0x72A0) but only 1 card (7280) ?

edit: I've just updated to Leopard 10.5.3(9D34) and try an old of your driver for this card but another time BSOD

edit 2: (edited - was looking for atiradeonx1950pro_dmitrik_Edited.zip)

edit 3: If you need more info, ask?

edit 4: I'm back to OS X 10.5.2 - 9c31

edit 5: I've fully booted without any BSOD with atiradeonx1950pro_dmitrik_Edited.zip after installing it with kext helper v7. I've got a new king of problem now! Okay i've CI & QE support according to "About this Mac" but i've made some screenshots to explain you...:

1) The mac menubar on the top of the screen is fully transparent and the Apple logo has became invisible. I precise than this is not optional in my system (link)

(I'm thinking that my ATI is not well supporded by the kexts installed)

2) VLC don't show anything else than a White screen while playing some video files.

3) No image can't be opened without seeing a white picture.

4) I can't change to any resolution in System preferences (but I can manually by editing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist)

Any ideas?

5) Question: What is the difference between Alopias, Prionace and PrionaceB? because this link don't have the explaination and I don't know with which one of them my card should be supported

Some Answers:

1, 2 & 3) Finally I've installed 10_5_2_9c31.zip (with Kext Helper and an cp command line to copy the Framework folder) after having previously edited its Info.plist of Natit.kext replacing:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00001002&0x0000ffff</string>

by

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x72801002</string>

I've made a picture proof ;-)

Questions to solve: 4) & 5)

New Question 6)

when I'm booting I've got this log

device-id: 0x7280

Found device

Found device name

Natit: Setting ATY,memsize=0x20000000

Natit: Setting @0,ATY,EFIDisplay=TMDSB

Natit: Setting @1,display-connect-flags=0x00000004

Natit: Setting ATY,DeviceID=29320

Natit: Setting name=ATY,PrionaceParent

Natit: Setting VRAM,totalsize=0x20000000

Natit: Setting AAPL,aux-power-connected=0x00000001

Natit: Setting ATY,MemVendorID=0x00000001

Natit: Setting @1,connector-type=0x00000004

Natit: Setting ATY,EFIOrientation=0x00000002

Natit: Setting @0,compatible=ATY,*

Natit: Setting @1,name=ATY,Prionace

Natit: Setting AAPL,slot-name=Slot-1

Natit: Setting @1,ATY,EFIDisplay=TMDSA

Natit: Setting @0,AAPL,boot-display=0x00000001

Natit: Setting @0,name=ATY,Prionace

Natit: Setting @1,compatible=ATY,*

Natit: Setting @0,connector-type=0x00000002

Natit: Setting ATY,EFIVersion="01.00.140"

Natit: Setting device_type=ATY,PrionaceParent

Natit: Setting @1,AAPL,boot-display=0x00000001

Natit: Setting ATY,VendorID=0x00001002

Natit: Setting model=ATI Radeon X1950 Series

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

ATY,Prionace: Not usable

display: Not usable

Why do I have ATY,Prionace: Not usable & display: Not usable although the system works fine? is it about a second output of my card? or the previously discovered 72A0 chipset?

Beginning of solution:

Finally in Natit.kext, the Info.plist have to be modified, replacing

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00001002&0x0000ffff</string>

by

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x72801002 0x72A01002</string>

In order to have the 2 chipsets (and the 2 outputs) of my card working (See edited2_Natit.kext in attachment). Nevertheless I still have some "ATY,Prionace: Not usable", no one had any ideas?

Thanks for looking

atiradeonx1950pro_dmitrik_Edited.zip

post-227155-1251469798_thumb.png

post-227155-1251469808_thumb.png

post-227155-1251469980_thumb.png

post-227155-1251550166_thumb.png

edited2_Natit.kext.zip

Hi Bronya thanks for the excellent work rour helping a lot. Can you help me too. i have installed iATKOS 10.5.7 with ATI Radeon HD 3650 Device id 0x9591. I need your help please. What should i do in order do get work with this card. Thank you so much.

I have a perfect working graphic in SL now although just for 32bit kernel -_- ...

The solution is using Leo kext with SL, good thing that they works..

Do as I did:

In SL remove these kext:

ATI1900Controller.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATISupport.kext

And put these kext from Leo to SL:

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRNDRV.kext

(In leo these kext are framebuffer and in SL they have replaced by 1 kext ATIframbuffer..)

Once you have checked your sys profile and extensions look for what framebuffer that is used for the card at (ATY_)

My ati x1950xt using ATY_Alopias and so should yours... You can find that kext inside ATINDRV.kext PlugIns so you don't have to use the hole ATINDRV.kext but that is your choice it doesn't matter witch way..

The other SL for Ati is still stock like ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle and that what everyone want to use as many stock kext as possible so no need to edit them etc.. anyway...

Now I just added my dev id to the info.plist inside ATIRadeonX1000.kext and Boom it worked with both QE/CI and resolution.. :D non binary add though..

That is all what I'v got for now..

Btw you know that u have to rebuild mkext etc once you have removed some kext and installed some new one and it has to bee done from SL otherwise kp.. Good luck..

I hope someone have better solution and maybe we can use SL stock framebuffer and 64bit kernel too later on..

Working here, but yes, only in 32 bits mode, support for 64 bits would be nice!

Thanks!