10.4.10 Upgrade Sucessful

josh256

305 posts in this topic

I have audio problems it does not work kernel 8.10.1 in alc882 please i need helps. With pathch audio v1.new

I've tried updating using PascalW Intel version and using guides with Apple Update. None of them will work for me. Always ending up with just a blue screen after rebooting after upgrade.

I think it has something to do with my Intel GMA 950 gfx. How can I make sure that I restore the right drivers after upgrade? Is it enough to just copy AppleIntelGmA950.kext back to extensions and Repair Permissions afterwards? I've tried that but no luck.

Or do I have to install the gfx pkg fram the install dvd? I used Uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 dvd to install OS X.

I've tried updating using PascalW Intel version and using guides with Apple Update. None of them will work for me. Always ending up with just a blue screen after rebooting after upgrade.

I think it has something to do with my Intel GMA 950 gfx. How can I make sure that I restore the right drivers after upgrade? Is it enough to just copy AppleIntelGmA950.kext back to extensions and Repair Permissions afterwards? I've tried that but no luck.

Or do I have to install the gfx pkg fram the install dvd? I used Uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 dvd to install OS X.

When the installer asks you to restart, ignore it and copy the backups of AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext back into Extensions. run chmod and chown in terminal, etc. then restart.

Hope this works!

i've some problemas with enable the both cores, with the 10.4.9 all works fine, but i follow the steps for update to 10.4.10 and y reboot with sudo pmset hibernatemode 0. add to kernel flagas cpus=2 fn=1 , etc... all fines , but when the system starts, this freeze and alert me with a kernel panic. =s? i've have the paulicats kernel s3, speedsteep

RE: SSE2

I doubt there's any major benefit to upgrading your kernel past 8.8.1.. you will likely loose the CPU power management in the process and won't gain much (without a CPU that supports EM64T, VT, NX etc..)

Hi Everyone,

Now it's been about 2 weeks that i run 10.4.10 on my AMD@home. The first week gave me lot's of trouble so last weekend i decided to take care of those problems.

Fortunatly i have 2 OSX partitions on my primary disk, which allow me to keep one system live and play with the second until it works.

1-Well, first I decided to mirror both partition to have a starting point, then upgrade again to 10.4.10

Problems: CarbonCoreLib still there, so no use

2- Reinstall 10.4.9 from backup

Same as #1

3- Reinstall 10.4.8 from backup

Same as #1

4- Reinstall 10.4.8 from JaS DVD, then upgrade to 10.4.9

Worked, but Epson RX580 still not fully operational, iCal still crash, and few minor problems.

5- Reinstall 10.4.8 from JaS DVD then updraded directly to 10.4.10

Worked, Epson is partially operational, Scanner works, EasyPrintDriver still not good. Actually the printer start printing then stop at 10% - 50% of the page and stay in "Printing" mode but do nothing... CUPS printing works great except alignment on CD/DVD cover.

LightScribe does not work. My drive is on an external USB/Firewire combo case, i have tried both and when i try to print, it first recognize the drive as a lightscribe, then i get an error that the drive might be in use by another app or non existant...

I really suspect that the USB-EHCI is tottaly broken in 10.4.10, or the kernel, or some kext...

But again, if that would be the source of my problems, then the Lightscribe should still work in FireWire??? humm

Anyway, for now I will keep that partition on 10.4.10 and "downgrade" my second partition to 10.4.9 where all of that was running fine.

Hope those problems get fixed soon... i'm sure i'm not the only one with a full running system with problems/exceptions like this.

Hey all.

Anyone of you have problem with Java after the 10.4.10 Upgrade?

I can't seem to get Cabos to work. Also NeoOffice won't installing stating my Java is old. I've checked and I have Java 1.5 (along with 1.3 & 1.4).

Also, on another forum, some one asked me to run '/usr/bin/java -version' from Terminal

Although the java file does exist in the directory, I get a '-bash: /usr/bin/java: No such file or directory' message.

Anyone else having Java problems? :)

Hi People

I did the update and the only problem I have now is that my Audio dosent work.

I tried to use the AppleHDA patcher with a dump of realtek without success.

I am using a Gigabyte 965P DS4

Apprichiate if you can help a poor guy without sound on his beautyfull OSX

Dekel

I'm running an AMD 64 4000+ SSE2 (original install from uphuck 10.4.9). I tried backing up my kernel & extensions, upgrading, and restoring the kernel, loginwindow, applesmbios, appleacpiplatform, appleapic, ioatafamily & system.kext's, but I'm stuck at a kernel panic on bootup... any ideas? Here's what happens at boot:

...snip...

Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 options

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet" with older/same version (1.2.0 -> 1.2.0).

ACPI CA 200551117 [debug level=0 layer=0]

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A429B): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 13=general protection), registers:

...snip...

I've also tried replacing my whole extensions folder along with the mach_kernel and loginwindow, and I still get the same kernel panic.

Anyone got any tips to help out? Thanks!

Intel Core Duo @ 2.4Ghz

Intel GMA 950

Everything is working... I used the manual method (autoscript failed), and basicly just replaced Extensions with 10.4.9 and all devices are working fine... Feels good to use my iPhone on OS X...

*** I suggest you dual boot with either XP or Vista and download macdrive 7 you can easily replace files if needed and then just repairpermition.

Thanks to all coders/hackers.

One more thing... I see alot of posts where people with Toshiba M115-S3094 saying that ethernet doesn't work its very easy to download the drivers... Just go to www.realtek.com and download the OS X drivers works fine!

os10410success.tiff

did pascalw's update, and got a blue screen. restored old extentions and reinstalled pascalw's update a few more times to the same affect. as a last ditch, connected to an external monitor and saw my desktop. tried one wire and two wire trick to no avail. grabbed the Intel GMA 950 support files from JaS 10.4.8 dvd and installed that and bam it worked. went ahead and installed Audio.Azalia and Powermanagement.bundle for a 98% hackintosh laptop. applied latest updates. power management, sleep and pcmcia still dont work properly, but i can live w/ that.

post-112516-1186055233_thumb.png

Had the same problem.

Try:

1) Open terminal and enter "sudo nano /etc/rc"

2) Go to the very bottom of the file

3) there you can read "exit 0". On the line above it add

kextunload -c com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

kextload -b com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

4) It should look like this:

fi

kextunload -c com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

kextload -b com.apple.AppleDiskImageController

exit 0

5) Exit the editor, saving your changes, reboot and it should work again.

With my Pascalw upgrade I have the image mount prob.

I did your trick but just work once, every time I need to mount I unload the kext and load again, then the image mounts.

Curious is that I have another Installation with TubGirl's and it doesn't have that problem

Any other file that affect this?

With my Pascalw upgrade I have the image mount prob.

I did your trick but just work once, every time I need to mount I unload the kext and load again, then the image mounts.

Curious is that I have another Installation with TubGirl's and it doesn't have that problem

Any other file that affect this?

This problem is due to System.kext and kernel not being the same version...either switch system.kext to the 10.4.10 version or switch your kernel back to whatever version your kernel is...

5- Reinstall 10.4.8 from JaS DVD then updraded directly to 10.4.10

Nomade - How did you do the upgrade from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10. Did you use the manual method, koolkal's update, or some other package? What steps did you perform exactly? There's a bunch of us having problems updating an AMD SSE2 to 10.4.10... hoping you can help us out but telling the steps you took. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

;) Hello All!

These are my intruction to Upgrade my AMD Hackintosh uphuck 1.4a (10.4.9) to 10.4.10

1. Install uphuck for amd (v 1.4a)

2. Backup your extension (Thanks for source of Koos Kaspers http://kooskaspers.nl/blog/archive/2007/06...0410guide.html)

open terminal and type the following:

sudo -s

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_old

cp -R /System/Library/Coreservices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/system.kext /

3. Open Disk Utility

4. Download PascalW patch to update 10.4.10 (from TPB ^^)

4.1 install this package MacOSXUpd10.4.10AMD.mpkg (Do not reboot after complete install)

4.2 replace mach_kernel with Pascalw mach_amd by

cp /YourSavedPath/mach_amd /mach_kernel

5. Restore Extension

sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel*

sudo chmod 644 /mach_kernel*

cp -R /loginwindow.app /System/Library/CoreServices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /YourPath/r3d3.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ (download from link in No.2)

cp -R /YourPath/dsmos.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ (this file come from pascalw's patch)

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

6. Use Disk Utility to Fix Permission on your disk

7. reboot your system

Result after I patched:

t_HackintoshAm_4bc37ea.jpg

http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/9/8/24...hAm_4bc37ea.jpg

Hi, All.

I'm new to all of this, but I've had remarkable luck in getting my own hackintosh up and running. I installed the JaS 10.4.8 DVD on an ATA drive and then upgraded to 10.4.10 using koolkal's package and updated the kernel to 8.10.1 without issue.

My mobo is a Tyan 2696 which is pretty close to the mac pro hardware, from what I understand. After patches, my ALC 888 is working beautifully, too.

My Issue is this:

I am running two Quad-core Intel Xeon processors and the FSB is 1333 on Windows. However, under OS X, my FSB is showing as 200 (instead of 333). I have even tried adding the line to the plist file as mentioned elsewhere in the forums, but no luck. My video and audio are synched perfectly, so I'm wondering if it could be that the FSB is just displaying incorrectly.

Is it possible that the "fsb=333" line that I added in the plist file only works for earlier kernels? I also read that autofsb should eliminate these issues, but I'm not sure if that was supported in the koolkal 8.10.1 kernel update.

Anyone have any ideas?

Upgrade succesful fr 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 using this:

10.4.10 AMD-INTEL SSE3 Only Update

-----------------------------------

eGWan 10.4.10 AMD.SSE3

http://tinyurl.com/3dqjru

-------------------------

eGWan 10.4.10 INTEL.SSE3

http://tinyurl.com/39kx5h

-------------------------

SSE3 Combo update version still work in progress,

SSE2 version will be release after 8.10.1 universal kernel available.

Thanks to mr. eGWan in Indonesia..