10.4.10 Upgrade Sucessful

josh256

305 posts in this topic

hello,

after update no QE/CI for me (ATI 9600PRO). i replaced ATIRadeon* kext from 10.4.9 package and from 10.4.8 Jas DVD (using pacifist as i didn't backup them) still no QE/CI. is there anything else i might try? my kernel is 8.9.1.

please help as i'm not too happy about reinstalling system and all apps.

regards

pil

hello,

after update no QE/CI for me (ATI 9600PRO). i replaced ATIRadeon* kext from 10.4.9 package and from 10.4.8 Jas DVD (using pacifist as i didn't backup them) still no QE/CI. is there anything else i might try? my kernel is 8.9.1.

please help as i'm not too happy about reinstalling system and all apps.

regards

pil

You upgraded from 10.9 to 10.4.10 and had QE/CI bevore upgrading running, right?

can anybody tell me where to find download link for PascalW update package for intel?

Maybe you find in IRC something.

Not having an ATI I can't say for certain but I'd restore ATI* as well as IOGraphicsFamily.kext.. from there the only other thing left would be the FrameBuffer (which coincidentally does effect qe/ci sometimes) but I'm not certain where that kext is (AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext may not be related to the Framebuffer referenced by ATIRadeon9700GA.kext as "IONDRVFramebuffer"). A seasoned Callisto user should know where that is...

Just remember that OpenGL.framework matter, inside /System/Library/Frameworks. I did a lot of testing on an old ati 7500 mobility, P4 M intel sse2, and found that that .framework had to go together with Callisto*.kexts and Ati*.kexts in order to properly operating QE (just this and enough for that machine ;)). Just to point out, after well following the Omni advices, to remember that OpenGL.framework that was operating with QE/CI last time before upgr.... give it a try.

Best things

:D

Could someone send me a copy of the kernel i ve looked EVERYWHERE that irc.osx86.hu channel was absolutely useless im on 10.4.10 already i just need the kernel and the kext. if anyone could send to me let me know

well, it finally worked. i don't know why but it worked. i reinstalled callisto. replaced that opengl.framework and finally qe/ci is working.

thanx for all your help.

i never thought i would be so happy to see my mouse artifact again ;)

now i wonder if i should change kernel and which one to use :thumbsup_anim:

regards

pil

but the performace is bad :thumbsup_anim:

when i turn the visualization in itunes it goes up to 80% of cpu. i have core2duo @ 2.14 GHz. i wouldn't go for that update if i knew all the fuss it's gonna take. it's not worth it. 10.4.9 was working perfectly good, but i felt bored :thumbsup_anim:

regards

pil

Well, here is my oddisey, let's hope someone could help here.

I had installed 10.4.8 (from jas dvd), everthing worked ok (ok, I needed to use appleazila for audio) and install natit.

After installing 10.4.10 and new kernel following tutorial, first time it ran ok, I went to my pc and there w are 10.4.10.

Then I installed natit, reboot it, and... {censored}, I get to the Starting macos X screen, bar goes up slowly and when it get to 100% no thing happens,

bar is still animated but I can´t get beyond :D.

I have booted with -s and restored 10.4.10 kexts for ati but, it doesn´t seem to be the problem. Last line I see when booting with -v is hexdump-computer mDNSResponder:SetupAddr invalid sa_family 0.

I see some not importnat errors but one that says "couldn´t alloc class 'com_mifki-r3d3'.

After booting windows to post this, I get an error from Macdrive saying that both drives (I have 2 hdf+ partitions) are corrupted (but I did fschk on macos and it seemed to be ok).

Does anybody know what could happen? why first time it booted and now it doesn´t ?

Thanks in advance,

HexDump.

I am using well working 10.4.9 with an Kernel SSE3 (doesnt need r3d3.kext i read, i didnt installed that).

Q: What is r3d3.kext for ( i looked "in" seems the dont steel mac .kext?) and when do i need it ?

Does needing r3d3.kext depent from the used hacked kernel (JAS, semthex , others) ?

Are there some versions of r3d3.kext , maybe i need a new one ?

My IRC Problem: Since 2 weeks i didnt have access to irce anymore, because at home no internet and in office irc is blocked.

Can somebody mail me the newest 10.4.10 kernel (i use Intel D 920, SSE3) and perhaps newest r3d3-kext (if that kernel needs that) zipped to amichalakATneuearbeit.de ? Thanks

Hi all,

I am unable to upgrade to 10.4.10. I am running AMD, and when I install PascalW's 10.4.10 for AMD with 8.10.1 kernel my computer hans on start (diskrab problem or another). But I had first versions of PascalW's instaled ( version with old kernel) and it worked. So I am experimenting next and just I am runing 10.4.9 with new kernel .

So I can try install old verion of 10.4.10 update and change kernel manualy, but I loose this pack when I destroyed my system (maybe I am master of world in hackintosh reinstalling :-))

Anyone have PascalW's 10.4.10 update for AMD with 8.9.1 kernel?

Please help

Thanx

Paca

Hi all,

I am unable to upgrade to 10.4.10. I am running AMD, and when I install PascalW's 10.4.10 for AMD with 8.10.1 kernel my computer hans on start (diskrab problem or another). But I had first versions of PascalW's instaled ( version with old kernel) and it worked. So I am experimenting next and just I am runing 10.4.9 with new kernel .

So I can try install old verion of 10.4.10 update and change kernel manualy, but I loose this pack when I destroyed my system (maybe I am master of world in hackintosh reinstalling :-))

Anyone have PascalW's 10.4.10 update for AMD with 8.9.1 kernel?

Please help

Thanx

Paca

Your computer hangs at the bootscreen right? This is an old problem. Did you installed r3d3?

I have r3d3 intaled. My problem is:

a) after loginwindow.app is loaded, system messge me that syslogd was terminated and will be restarded after 10s

:censored2: same message from mDNSresponder

c) same message fom ninbd

after 10 sec. interval I recive messages that all processes was restarted sucessfully and again from point a)

I restored all kexts, loginwindow.app, kernel but with same messages. Anyone have sim. problems as me.

I will today destroy my system again and I will make screen photo.

Great, got it working at last. Just installed the package (no r3d3) and then booted up in the uphuck dvd, repaired permissions and then reinstalled the necessary patch off the dvd... works a treat and now score higher in xbench

very niiiice!

10.4.10 success on amd!

stony,pascalw thanx for your help,i never thought it would be so easy.

here is what i did.

- i downloaded tubgirl's amd 10.4.8 final and i patched it with 10.4.9 ppf.

-installed it on a sata disk

-installed the r3d3.kext

-used pascalw's amd update package (didn't install nvidia kexts)

-repair permissions,delete extensions.kextcache /.mkext restart and ...

booted on 10.4.10!

all things work great as far as i'm concerned.

(i got an error message that dsmos.kext wasn't installed properly so i reinstalled it)

amd 4400 x2

msi k8n neo4 platinum

nvidia 6600

osx 10.4.10 (sata disk)

edit: one strange problem is that i cannot change system time.whenever i go to "system preferences"-> date & time it just hungs forever....

I have r3d3 intaled. My problem is:

a) after loginwindow.app is loaded, system messge me that syslogd was terminated and will be restarded after 10s

;) same message from mDNSresponder

c) same message fom ninbd

after 10 sec. interval I recive messages that all processes was restarted sucessfully and again from point a)

I restored all kexts, loginwindow.app, kernel but with same messages. Anyone have sim. problems as me.

I will today destroy my system again and I will make screen photo.

Identical problem here! I tried the update from vmware too- same problem.. if you look in the logs it talks about coregraphics errors- I gave up and reinstalled- hopefully there is a solution :)

I'm on 10.4.1 with 8.10.1 kernel

system info:

intel d945gnt

pentium d 3ghz

3gb ddr2

geforce 7300 <-- might be smoother at the moment on 950 kext using onboard but the gfx working with qe/ci right now.. working on getting it to work like it used to be.

sound using imic better comparing with onboard coming out of the mic port..