10.4.10 Upgrade Sucessful

josh256

305 posts in this topic

Have succesfully applied the patch, and now am operating on 10.4.10, About This Mac all works fine.

Have one small problem, and that is that I have lost screen resolutions, only have 1024 x 768 available, and I have a 1400 x 900 monitor.

10.4.8 didnt support this resolution for me but using Switch ResX allowed me to switch to this, but now I do not get that option.

I have

Asus P5LD2-VM with GMA950 graphics

P820D 2.8ghz Processor

1gig DDR2Ram

320Gig HDD

So a pretty standard, HCL compliant hackintosh system

Anyone got any ideas

The pascalw update does not work for me (desktop in sig). Ran the update, copied the kernel and dsmos in, set permissions. Could only boot in safe mode after that. I would not see anything but a blue screen where the login window should have been. Was not a problem with loginwindow.app though cause as I said could enter safe mode. Tried re-installing Natit, same result. Tried replacing with 10.4.9 kexts, same result. Had to restore my kernel then had to restore all my 8.9.1 kexts

Have succesfully applied the patch, and now am operating on 10.4.10, About This Mac all works fine.

Have one small problem, and that is that I have lost screen resolutions, only have 1024 x 768 available, and I have a 1400 x 900 monitor.

10.4.8 didnt support this resolution for me but using Switch ResX allowed me to switch to this, but now I do not get that option.

I have

Asus P5LD2-VM with GMA950 graphics

P820D 2.8ghz Processor

1gig DDR2Ram

320Gig HDD

So a pretty standard, HCL compliant hackintosh system

Anyone got any ideas

installing the Jas 10.4.8 GMA950 kext package from Jas 10.4.8 OSX86 install DVD fixed the problem for me.

After installing the 10.4.10 update whenever I boot up a blue window comes up with only a mouse cursor in picture.Did not back up my extensions or the other thing unfortunately is there any way to fix this.Neither can I login into mac os or use it anymore.Any help will be highly appreciated.

After installing the 10.4.10 update whenever I boot up a blue window comes up with only a mouse cursor in picture.Did not back up my extensions or the other thing unfortunately is there any way to fix this.Neither can I login into mac os or use it anymore.Any help will be highly appreciated.

I have same problem, I've upgrate with Pirates Bay's pack from "10.4.8 Jas" and now system is hold with mouse pointer.

Any solution? Please!

I am having the same exact same problem upgraded from the installer available @piratebay and do not know how to restore my old installation back! Help needed asap.

Ok, I have reinstalled 10.4.8 Jas, how I can update to .10?

I have TPB upgrade pack, what is the procedure to upgrade sucessfull?

My hackintosh have Intel Processor and 945 video onboard.

I posted this on Hackint0sh forum too:

10.4.10 minimal requirements for intel sse3 hpet noNX with ati x1600 AGP, AC97 and bdcm wifi on Intel i875P SSE3 Intel Prescott Dell Dimension 8300 PC.

- Started with 10.4.10 combo install from Apple (on top of a fully working 10.4.9)

- No reboot.

- Use previous kexts that worked:

AppleAC97Audio.kext, AGPGart.kext v2.1, AppleSMBIOS.kext, MaxxussAMDPCNET.kext, Natit.kext, IOATAFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext (10.4.7), Callisto.kext, CallistoHAL.kext

- Add dsmos.kext

- Add dev id/vend id to new IO80211Family.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext,

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

- Keep new ATINDRV.kext (works).

- Keep AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (no fuss)

- Replace kernel with latest patched 8.10.1 kernel

- Replace old loginwindow app that worked

- chown:chmod extensions

- Repair disk permissions

- Delete the 2 kext cache files

Reboot...

Hi guys Im pretty much new on Hackintosh

I just installed succesfully the 10.4.6 from the Jas installation dvd.

But Now I cant find any driver for My Ge Force 7900gt ko and

i have the intel motherboard D975XBX2 with the sigmatel 9274D audio Codec...

cant find any driver too tho.

ive downloaded the 10.4.10 upgrade Delta patch For amd or intel.

and im not able to upgrade it.

my system is a CORE 2 DUO 2.13ghz

Motherboard : Intel Extreme series D975XBX2 integrated audi Sigmatel 9274D 8-channel

VideoCard : EVGA nvidia Geforce 7900 GT KO superclocked

HD: Hitachi 160g 7200rpm

HD: Western Digital Raptor 36GIG 10 000rpm

Memory: OCZ Gold r2 kit 800mhz 2 GIG and a Crucial 1 GIG 800mhz

well i run MAC os x 10.4.6 Very Fast But i dont have any Sound and Graphic card..

Can anyone Help?

installing the Jas 10.4.8 GMA950 kext package from Jas 10.4.8 OSX86 install DVD fixed the problem for me.

I tried this, I replaced all of the AppleIntel GMA950 kexts with my old ones from 10.4.8 and I'm still stuck at 1024x768...was running at 1440x900 under 10.4.8? I'm puzzled by this and not sure where else to go, SwitchResX doesn't work to change it. Does anyone have any suggestions? THANKS!!!

Thanks pascal!

Used pascal's package updater to update, installed Intel update, rebooted to infinite loop. Restored 8.9.1 mach_kernel using a backup, rebooted, manually installed the included AMD/Intel kernel (not the Intel only kernel), rebooted, and am now running kernel 8.10.1. I'm using a Pentium D 940 3.2GHz.

Good work!

When I try to restore I suddenly get error after a few things restored:

brumbrums-computer:~ root# sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions.10.4.9/AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions

bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

I just did a few other restore files before I suddenly got this error.

What can I do to continue restoring? If not I need to reinstall for the 4th time in 24 hours trying to upgrade to 10.4.10.

Last upgrade looked fine until starting up. All looked to be loading fine but no desktop. Just a blue screen with nothing on it after reboot.

I've now tried all instructions here and I get to a reboot and then all seems to load fine, but nothing to been seen but a blue screen.

I have the following specs:

Fujitsu/Siemens V3205 laptop-

Intel Core Solo

GMA950

Ethernet - Intel PRO/100

Sound - Connexant AMON (recognized as Intel High Definition audio)

Broadcom 4311 wi-fi

GMA950 issues

I figured out the easy fix for GMA950 issues, as was described by isse03. I found an older GMA950 installer from a JaS 10.4.8 DVD that I pulled out, after installing that my graphics were back to the way they were. All resolutions available, QE/CI enabled, display is recognized as before... PM me for 'help'

For BrumBrum74...

brumbrums-computer:~ root# sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions.10.4.9/AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensionsbash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
/System/Library/Extensions.10.4.9/AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions

This dot, that I made red, probably needs to be a / instead of a . try that and let me know

it should read:

:root# sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/10.4.9/AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions

unless you actually backed up your extensions folder in to library/extensions.10.4.9 ???

Last upgrade looked fine until starting up. All looked to be loading fine but no desktop. Just a blue screen with nothing on it after reboot.

I've now tried all instructions here and I get to a reboot and then all seems to load fine, but nothing to been seen but a blue screen.

I have the following specs:

Fujitsu/Siemens V3205 laptop-

Intel Core Solo

GMA950

Ethernet - Intel PRO/100

Sound - Connexant AMON (recognized as Intel High Definition audio)

Broadcom 4311 wi-fi

Don't know why, but for me it helped to delete the AGPGart.kext from the extensions folder. (found that somewhere)

cheers

Any ideas how to solve HDAudio problem (REALTEK 882)? I was using Taruga's driver and was working fine in 10.4.9

Tried to delete the AGPGart.kext from the extensions folder. After reboot still the same. Only get a blue screen after a while of booting after the apple grey logo has been shown.

I think it's something to do with gfx drivers, but no clue how to fix this.

7th reinstall in 24 hours now. Getting a bit tired.

Noone have a clue?

hey guys, been following everyone's work for the past couple of months, and i'm very impressed. with my lack of mad skills about the only way i can contribute to the community at the moment is through seeding, and while it's not substantial i'm sure that's plenty :)

just a quick question... used JaS 10.4.8 installed, updated to .9, just yesterday i updated again to .10...

everything seems good. had to revert back to my .9 graphics kexts as I was getting a blank black screen after apple logo, no real biggie. only problem now is, my itunes visualisations are broken :happymac:

i know it's trivial, but it's one of the extra little things about Apple's fantastic engineering that made me endeavour to run MacOS X on my PCs...

any ideas? could SwitchResX be causing those blank screen problems? i'm going to uninstall that right now and try again.

thanks in advance guys :)

To those w/ 10.4.8 upgrading to 10.4.10 I would recommend upgrading to 10.4.9 first (use the JaS installer [or this method]) then backup the extensions folder and upgrade to 10.4.10.

(This way if you have problems with video, firewire, usb, etc you can always roll back to the 10.4.9 versions)