10.4.10 Upgrade Sucessful

josh256

305 posts in this topic

ok just making sure im a noob :) . got it working, its doing correcting permissions then i will reboot

It worked!

MACulas you have the new System.kext, it comes with the 10.4.10 update XD

So now i have 10.4.10 and new kernel :hbd:

MACulas you have the new System.kext, it comes with the 10.4.10 update XD

I don't ;) I deleted the entire /Extensions folder, and replaced it with the one I used in 10.4.9!

Lkr could you send me yours via iChat, Skype or smth?

Just a little question, is anybody working on a installable for 10.4.10? I have read rummors about the need to upgrade first to 10.4.9 (from 10.4.8 the one I have now) and the run .10 is this true?.

Thanks in advance to all this helpfull comunity,

HexDump.

Just a little question, is anybody working on a installable for 10.4.10? I have read rummors about the need to upgrade first to 10.4.9 (from 10.4.8 the one I have now) and the run .10 is this true?.

Thanks in advance to all this helpfull comunity,

HexDump.

You can finde a installer if you do a bit research in the irc channel and read some of the older postings of this thread :(

I don't :( I deleted the entire /Extensions folder, and replaced it with the one I used in 10.4.9!

Lkr could you send me yours via iChat, Skype or smth?

yea i can send it to you. i looked at your profile, added you on AIM, but you don't appear to be online

Thank you Lkr! I installed it, all went very smooth, now I'm with the 8.10.1 kernel.

But I have a problem! When I enter OS X, the system hangs like something's loading, i looked at the Activity monitor, but there is nothing suspicious. I don't know what's the reason for that! But it seems it's something from my last kernel update, when I updated to koolkal's last kernel! Since than, every time I start my OS X it hangs for about 30 seconds, and than everything is ready! Interesting but it happens even on 8.10.1! If someone know what's the reason for this, please tell me, because it's annoying.

Once again thank you Lkr!

P.S. I saw the process which may cause my problem, it's called update_prebindin! It seems that, when it's loading the whole system hangs, and when it disappear everything is back to normal! I just don't know how to stop this process from starting up with the operating system!

Do you know where I can get my hands on the new Kernel ?

I'm on Intel machine.

cheers

Didn't work for me.

When i rebooted i used Verbose just incase, and the system couldnt get past this error:

Kexd_watch_Volumes: Couldn't Set up diskarv sessions

diskarb isn't ready yet: We'll try again soon

[kextd25]Giving up on Diskarb; auto rebuild disabled

i tried booting multiple times and it did this every time.

Also tried booting into single user mode and did rm /etc/rc/RC.Installer_cleanup and it said there is no such file.

tried using the old kernel i backed up and it just froze at the "...PASSED!" line. Had to reinstall and start over.

I backed up and used all the listed kexts and the ones i modded. Repaired permissions and all that jazz.

system specs are in the sig.

Upgraded succesfully here from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 in the following steps

1. backup 10.4.9 extensions:

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ /1049

2. backup loginwindow.app:

cp -R /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app /loginwindow.app

3. get "Joda" and the new 10.4.10 kernel:

irc.osx86.hu #10.4.10

4. run Apple 10.4.10 update and don't reboot after finishing!

5. replace the kernel with downloaded one:

sudo cp /download/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

6. *insert Joda extension* (don't forget to edit /etc/rc)

7. recover some 10.4.9 extensions (this was enough for me, but results may vary):

sudo cp -R /1049/AppleSMBIOS.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -R /1049/IOATAFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

8. remove kext caches and chmod&chown

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

9. reboot & pray

In my case, for my hardware configuration (see sig) I had only to restore 2 kexts and patch the new AppleHDA.kext with Taruga's patcher to get sound, graphics kept working after the upgrade. Some people also need to restore AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleAPIC.kext, NV or ATI kexts or IONetworking.kext to get it all running. About Mac and loginwindow.app also kept functioning properly after the update for me :tomato:

I sucessfully update to 10.4.10 with kernel 8.10.1 but after the update I can´t open .dmg files anymore. That really sucks.

Check to make sure your system.kext is version 8.10.1 as well. The number 1 reason for being unable to mount disk images is a mismatch between system.kext and kernel.

I sucessfully update to 10.4.10 with kernel 8.10.1 but after the update I can´t open .dmg files anymore. That really sucks.

Yes it does. I fixed mine by paring the 10.4.10 System.kext with the 8.10.1 kernel. To my amazement, it worked. The update went very smoothly with my onboard GMA950 systems and much less smoothly with the nVidia machines and Natit v.02. I ended up extracting the 5 NVidia kexts from my JaS 10.4.8 DVD with Pacifist and then putting the drive with the jacked up installation into a running machine to insert the kexts and repair the permissions. After putting the drive back into the correct machine, everything worked great. The first boot was a little slow causing much apprehension though. We non-super geniuses may be too ahead of the curve on this one by a couple of weeks. Someone will find a better way, they always do. :)

Yes guys, I just installed it over againg and did not replaced the system.kext for the old one and now everithing is ok. Thanks.

Hey Viper.Br, Would you mind sending me this file System.kext, from your current installation? Thank you!

Hey Viper.Br, Would you mind sending me this file System.kext, from your current installation? Thank you!

You can use Pacifist to extract it from the official Apple update package.. FYI.

Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI". After trying to update to 10.4.10 I get this error on boot. I tried rolling back to 10.4.9 (uphuck) and then 10.4.8 (JAS), but with same results. My system is a bad axe 2 with c2d e6700 and x1950xt

Your problem is caused by the reason that your system can not load System/Library/Extensions/ folder! Did you backup this folder? If you did, just go to the installation DVD>terminal and copy the old Extensions folder to /System/Library/ folder! Repair permissions on the selected drive, and reboot!