10.4.10 Upgrade Sucessful

josh256

305 posts in this topic

Please Help..

I followed your instructions..but now I've got a kernel panic...

"saying unable to find ACPI"

how do I restore or boot into shell prompt so I can copy my back kext over again.

cheers

OK, so I've finally gotten mine to reboot, after replacing my old files again.

I've got 10.4.10 with kernel 8.9.1...

how do I extract the system.kext from the new kernel ? so I can make use of the new kernel ?

cheers

Nice to see people helping eachother here.

Today I'll make a new intel package, with .10 kernel, r3d3, .4 loginwindow. Aside to that I'll make the .10 nvidia/ati kexts optional to install since they are causing a lot of problems.

And it is very important that your system.kext matches your kernel version. So with .9 kernel we needed .9 system.kext. When you update your kernel to .10 you need .10 system.kext

I'm having some fairly major problems. I'm running one of the osx86.hu SSE3 8.9.1 kernels and after upgrading to 10.4.10 I now get an "Unable to find ACPI driver for this system" (or words to that effect - same error you get trying to boot OSx86 on a normal Mac). And then a kernel panic.

If I use the -x safe-mode switch then it does boot but xgrid goes into an infinite loop and siezes the system. I shifted the loader for that elsewhere so it couldn't find it when booting, and I now get into the OS ok, so there's nothing too majorly broken. Other than the fact that I now don't have any audio (can't imagine that being too hard to fix).

I've recycled all the appropriate kexts, anyone got any ideas about the kernel/ACPI issue?

I'll try using a few of the 10.4.10 kexts and see if that helps at all.

I think I'm having the same problem as you...how do I boot into safe-mode and replace my old kext back ?

I thought I did, but in the heat of the moment I only bakced up the kernel, and restoring this makes no difference:(.

Do I have to wipe the whole installation?

If that so.....and you can't get Extensions folder from your installation DVD, I guess you should wipe it out! Sorry but that's the way it is!

I think I'm having the same problem as you...how do I boot into safe-mode and replace my old kext back ?

You can enter Terminal by going to your Istall DVD! From there you can restore your previous kernel!

Today I'll make a new intel package, with .10 kernel, r3d3, .4 loginwindow. Aside to that I'll make the .10 nvidia/ati kexts optional to install since they are causing a lot of problems.

And it is very important that your system.kext matches your kernel version. So with .9 kernel we needed .9 system.kext. When you update your kernel to .10 you need .10 system.kext

Hi. Please make it as a COMBO, so that we could be able to directly upgrade from 10.4.8.

Thanks, and let us know!

Would it be possible to include this system.kext in the new package?

Fixed USB Drive not Mounting and DMG not mounting with 10.4.10 and 8.10.1 kernel. Extracted the System.kext from the Intel 10.4.10 updater with Pacifist and dropped it into System/Library/Extensions. Reversed the tweek to the etc/rc file as it is no longer needed. Repair Permissions/reboot. Problems solved.

Running a BFG nVidia 7900 GS OC (256) Dual DVI with the Natit v.02 fix. Copied the NVDANV10Hal, NVDANV20Hal, NVDANV30Hal, NVDANV40Hal & NVDAResman Kexts forward as well as my Natit.kext from my JaS 10.4.9 installation. (these are actually from 10.4.8 though as the JaS 10.4.9 updater doesn't alter them) This card works perfectly in 10.4.10

Hi!

I've just updated but when kernel loads, it stalls at "Started CPU01".

Which kext could be responsible?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Ok, I response myself: AppleAPIC and AppleACPIPlatform :P

Thanks! :rolleyes:

We badly need developers who keep this project alive.

BTW, would you please upload your package to a bittorrent site?

Is it possible to update to 10.4.10 again?

I had updated one time but after I have made some stupid things and all content of /System/Library/Extentions now are from 10.4.8.

But in Software Update I see that 10.4.10 is installed well. Please help me to remove this.

Would it be possible to include this system.kext in the new package?

Seeing as it's essential to its operation, I'd say it would be.

Hi. Please make it as a COMBO, so that we could be able to directly upgrade from 10.4.8.

Thanks, and let us know!

Is using the JaS 10.4.9 combo updater really that hard!?

Is using the JaS 10.4.9 combo updater really that hard!?

Sometimes you beginners really make me smile. :)

Double clicking a package is not hard, but installing two packages instead than one is less clean. Probably that wouldn't make any difference for you, but it does for me.

First let me just say, I'm ready for the many tongue lashing I'm about to receive. I foolishly ran the 10.4.10 update (Intel)from the apple software update link and now I'm stuck in a continuous reboot. Is there any to fix this problem, or am I forced to reload. For future reference, I will search first and ask questions later. Oh yeah, I'm a novice, need some good instructions.

:)

Thanks

MG

First let me just say, I'm ready for the many tongue lashing I'm about to receive. I foolishly ran the 10.4.10 update (Intel)from the apple software update link and now I'm stuck in a continuous reboot. Is there any to fix this problem, or am I forced to reload. For future reference, I will search first and ask questions later. Oh yeah, I'm a novice, need some good instructions.

:)

Thanks

MG

You'll need to reinstall completely. When you reinstall, run the .pkg version of Intel or AMD to run it.

Updated AMD 10.4.10 package on irc now. It is updated with new kernel, .10 system.kext, let's you keep your working loginwindow, will not install .10 graphic card kexts by default since they are causing a lot of trouble. If you do want to install them, hit custom install and select .10 graphic card kexts.

I have upgraded, from 10.4.8, by downloading the COMBO package directly from Apple Website.

I have just substituted the kernel and 3 extensions.

It works SO well and smooth!! :)

To StevenZ:

Like this it is clean ;)

I have upgraded, from 10.4.8, by downloading the COMBO package directly from Apple Website.

I have just substituted the kernel and 3 extensions.

It works SO well and smooth!! ;)

A little how-to, please?

Maybe in the Genius Bar?