its on the bay

evanrodge

210 posts in this topic

Augh! It hurts so much ;_;

EDIT: Those with traffic shaping should really enable protocol encryption, it really makes the difference (it did for me anyway).

how do you know if you have traffic shaping and can you use protocol encryption no matter what if so how do you use it

Protocol Encryption varies from client to client. I know Azureus and uTorrent support it; I'm not that familiar with the usual Mac torrent clients. But yes, it can be enabled if it's an option on your client...primarily it's of use when your ISP applies traffic shaping (you wouldn't "know" by any old method; although perhaps if you Google you might find some ISP-specific information), but even if you're not being shaped (most ISPs in the States are beginning to do that, though...), you can at least enable it so that others with it enabled - that do need it - can make use of that. I know with uTorrent you can still accept non-encrypted connections, too, if you choose.

Anyways, even with protocol encryption, the max I've seen today is ~10kB/s. The crappy thing about the traffic shaping here is that it's combined with an already sub-par quality service that means that torrenting over a paltry 1 megabit/sec connection is really, really {censored}. Oh well.

Protocol Encryption varies from client to client. I know Azureus and uTorrent support it; I'm not that familiar with the usual Mac torrent clients. But yes, it can be enabled if it's an option on your uTorrent you can still accept non-encrypted connections, too, if you choose.

Yes, you can do that in Azureus too

Why am I getting a speed of around 10kb/s when Im using Comcast high-speed internet (cable)?

~Matt

Can be because of lots of things.

For example, make sure your upload is not to high - if you upload too little the protocol will "punish" you and limit your speed, but if you have a too high upload speed your download speed will suffer.

Right now I got back to 30-40kb/s... depends on the peers too.

whoa.. I hope I am contributing to some of the uploads.. my university's network connection has gone insane! It's allowing me to upload at 300KB/sec... and download at 90KB/sec...

if it were any other torrents, it would only be 0KB/sec up or down... :(

hello gurus out there... if I happen to have the whole .dmg file... how can I help to seed it on the existing tpb torrent?

i'm no guru, but my guess is to start a new torrent, pause it, replace the half-finished dmg with yours, then quit the torrent client and restart it.

again, just a guess.

I don't think anyone has ever been targeted by apple for downloading an OS, just distributing them. Feel free to prove me wrong.

EDIT: and for the ninjas reading this thread right now, I have an official mac, and I am going to buy Leopard in the fall, what more do you want from me!? :P

same here.

Hi, I just finished my download of the "big cat" form the :hysterical:

But now disc utility isn't able to mount the image... toast too

Is the image corrupted? Can someone post the correct md5 of the big cat torrent.

Is there a chance for me without downloading again?

thx a lot!!!

{censored} ninjas...

i downloaded it from oink.me.uk @ 4 megs a second (thanks verizon fios)

seedsvsleechsht6.png

anyone who wants an invite and can show good ratio at other places drop me a PM

Why would you post this here? Seriously.. oink is a private community for a reason. DON'T TALK ABOUT OINK!

I hope someone deletes this thread. This shouldn't be on here!

Hi, I just finished my download of the "big cat" form the :hysterical:

But now disc utility isn't able to mount the image... toast too

Is the image corrupted? Can someone post the correct md5 of the big cat torrent.

Is there a chance for me without downloading again?

thx a lot!!!

I couldn't get it to mount on disk utility either. It won't for some reason. But, I was able to restore it to a external drive, then install from there. That worked. I also tried to burn the image to a DL-DVD, and it wouldn't load when I rebooted and tried to boot from the DVD.

Why would you post this here? Seriously.. oink is a private community for a reason. DON'T TALK ABOUT OINK!

I hope someone deletes this thread. This shouldn't be on here!

I couldn't get it to mount on disk utility either. It won't for some reason. But, I was able to restore it to a external drive, then install from there. That worked. I also tried to burn the image to a DL-DVD, and it wouldn't load when I rebooted and tried to boot from the DVD.

Are you {censored} kidding me?

No really, are you joking?

You MADE the 71 paged thread asking about Leopard and where to find it!

You asked for OiNk invites, but now that you have one, oh noooo we shouldn't talk about it? Hypocrite. Not cool. :P