its on the bay

evanrodge

210 posts in this topic

Wow wow wow.... I'm getting it from the bay, at great speed!

I'm downloading at around 150Kb/s and uploading at 350Kbb/s ... I'm at the office mac, so I'll leave it be tonight, and find it complete tomorrow morinig, just in time for the weekend play at home! :D

can someone help with me on this:

i'm getting "the new big cat" and the other 9A466, both running at the same time. I started the 9A466 one and now I'm focusing on "the new big cat." I had 0.4% on the original 9A466 and then I copied the file so that I could start off "the new big cat" on 0.4%. The torrent hash is different, would it mess up the file if I move the the files around?

can someone help with me on this:

i'm getting "the new big cat" and the other 9A466, both running at the same time. I started the 9A466 one and now I'm focusing on "the new big cat." I had 0.4% on the original 9A466 and then I copied the file so that I could start off "the new big cat" on 0.4%. The torrent hash is different, would it mess up the file if I move the the files around?

Let me think... the hash should be calculated based on all files so for example if there's a text file in the folder (a nfo file for example) the hash would be different, but if the big file is the same the client should be clever enough to resume it.

Make a backup first to be sure, but it should be able to resume.

Oh no! they're both a single dmg file so they should've the same torrent hash if they're the same file. Can it be because of the comment attached to the torrent? I'm running 2 of them, one is pure and the other one is the one that started from 0.4%. I'm just hoping that I won't be a bad seed for the "the new big cat" because of this.

Oh no! they're both a single dmg file so they should've the same torrent hash if they're the same file. Can it be because of the comment attached to the torrent? I'm running 2 of them, one is pure and the other one is the one that started from 0.4%. I'm just hoping that I won't be a bad seed for the "the new big cat" because of this.

No, every chunk is checksum-verified for correctness so there is no danger.

I'm in the same case as you. I don't know how, but the two different torrents (with hashes different) are using the same .dmg file. Is that correct? :D

So technically if I do a hash check on the new big cat before starting, it should be okay, right? Sorry guys for going off topic, I'm just scared I will ruin the torrent. You guys know what happened to 10.4.8 when Jas first released the dvd right? I don't want to be a bad seed and help the ninjas accomplish their goal.

So technically if I do a hash check on the new big cat before starting, it should be okay, right? Sorry guys for going off topic, I'm just scared I will ruin the torrent. You guys know what happened to 10.4.8 when Jas first released the dvd right? I don't want to be a bad seed and help the ninjas accomplish their goal.

If you tell the client to save the files to the directory where the other torrent's file is it will check the existing files to make sure it's the same - if everything is fine it will resume, otherwise it will start over again.

Wow wow wow.... I'm getting it from the bay, at great speed!

I'm downloading at around 150Kb/s and uploading at 350Kbb/s ... I'm at the office mac, so I'll leave it be tonight, and find it complete tomorrow morinig, just in time for the weekend play at home! :D

yay 450 kb /s :P

how are you guys getting such fast rates on this... i'm getting like 4.2kb/s - is it just that the regular bittorrent client sucks or am i doing something wrong

I wonder how much peers are using encryption... I'm worried that my stupid ISP will keep shaping my trafic if I allow unencrypted connections.

just set it so that it doesnt require incription but it tries, so youll get the encrypted traffic but will still be able to fall back if theyre unencrypted.

just set it so that it doesnt require incription but it tries, so youll get the encrypted traffic but will still be able to fall back if theyre unencrypted.

That's what I already do, but smart traffic shaping systems can tell if you are using it if you don't encrypt everything.

That said I'm downloading at about 100-150, so I think I'm currently undetected and/or graced (traffic shaping on my ISP also depends on global bandwidth load).

Very very surprisingly, my university is allowing me to download this off the torrents... Weird, coz I was never able to download anything from torrents before, but I thought I'd give this a shot, since my hands were itching for 9a466...

Oh uh @Aeden:

Me from Malaysia too... hahaha.. long time din balik kampung, didn't know that M'sia is shaping traffic for torrents now.. sigh... streamyx getting bad to worse!

1019 kb/s fastest ever fot azureus. excited. go to boston come back it it will be ready to install

Augh! It hurts so much ;_;

EDIT: Those with traffic shaping should really enable protocol encryption, it really makes the difference (it did for me anyway).