its on the bay

evanrodge

210 posts in this topic

I snagged it off the bay and had no problems, only took me about five hours. It restored to my second mac just fine, and I was able able to archive and install over Tiger, I'm back to seeding full speed now.

which one? new big cat?

I snagged it off the bay and had no problems, only took me about five hours. It restored to my second mac just fine, and I was able able to archive and install over Tiger, I'm back to seeding full speed now.

I think it was just pushing 800 leechers when I started, and it started out real slow, anywhere from 0 down to around 20kb/s, so I decided to take a nap. I woke up and it was averaging at a steady 200kb/s down. It finished pretty quick after that.

Well, I'm not doing anything that relies heavily on my bandwidth tonight, just going to be watching the Stargate reruns on Scifi that I recorded, so I'll leave it up and seeding at the very least well into tomorrow. I usually max out at about 55kb/s up so it's not much, but I'm doing what I can.

its not a problem with the torrent or tracker...

its about how BT works...

it depends mainly on your own settings once the file is well seeded (which is it now)

i got the whole file in 3 hours 700kb - 1.2mb down 300 up

88, but i'm using three simutaniose torrent files on two clients saving to the same .dmg :P

Does that even work?? My settings were bad, so I spent the first 12 hours getting my tail kicked around the bittorrent block (1.5kb/s), but even now I'm only averaging ~25.

Yah, how are people downloading at 300 and 700 if The most I downloaded was like 100 :P Not fair :P

Oh well, sleep is fun, if my Wi-Fi disconnects, I'll be pissed :)

exactly i started the cat torrent when it was up'd yesterday and only at 71.7% and i know my settings are decent as i've maxed my bandwidth out on torrents

i'm no guru, but my guess is to start a new torrent, pause it, replace the half-finished dmg with yours, then quit the torrent client and restart it.

again, just a guess.

The best way though is to remove the torrent from your clients queue and redownload (or reopen it if you still have it on your HDD) and tell it to save the files where the complete .dmg is.