Best beer

60 posts in this topic

Props to San Miguel Pale Pilsen, one of the best Asian brews in the world. Made in the Philippines.

100px-Palepilsen.jpgproduct1.jpg

Also featured in Ghost in the Shell (Batou drinks it) and Shaolin Soccer :)

Gotta love booze.

yuengling-lager.jpg

Oldest brewery in the USA. A quality American domestic beer, recently rolled out nationally

guinness.jpg

Possibly the best drink on the planet. the Irish domestic, the one and only Guinness

I'll agree with Hagar though, the best beer tends to be what I'm holding in my hand and drinking at that time. On a side note I move that anyone who posts an 'ultra' beer / sports drink as the best beer be permanently banned from the forum after they are mocked by the community at large!

i like guinnes (ireland)

Duvel (belgian) and vedett (also belgian, the litlle brother of duvel) are without doubt the best beers in the world. :plane::):yoji:

and for the rest, we don't call carlsberg and heineken "afwaswater", but i call it more "pompwater" :(

Italian lagers are unknown abroad, but are pretty good: Peroni, Moretti...

My friends and I know of Peroni (we're in the US) and love it

I like:

Blue moon

89478283_3f791b39a0.jpg

tucher

05-01-19-TucherWeizenDLG2005.jpg

warsteiner

WarsteinerBanner275.jpg

yuengling (when I'm feeling cheap; lager, porter, or black & tan i'm not picky)

yueng.JPG

As you can see I'm a big fan of beer you can stick orange slices in :P

A quality American domestic beer, recently rolled out nationally

it's been in florida for at least 5 years (it's also cheaper here than in PA)

it's been in florida for at least 5 years (it's also cheaper here than in PA)

Yeah it's been in different states for a few years but I just moved to SC and i have only been able to get it in the last few months...quality beer though! haven't tried the porter, will have to search for that their black and tan is good.

the most important thing to beer is it's temperature, should be around 8-6 degree (where is this degree symbol on mac?) celsius.

i prefer helles hefeweizen (paulaner or sanwald) to get refreshed on a hot day.

already mentioned

for everyday drinking i use Pilsener from the standard brewery where i live "stuttgarter hofbräu"

http://www.stuttgarter-hofbraeu.de/

i prefer there "herrenpils" but the standard pilsener is also ok but a little bit sweet.

for getting drunk, doesn't really matter, no dark ones because they will let you regret the ones after the 8th.

on holydays i often drink becks (wich i don#t do at home, its to waterlike) because you get it everywhere and you know what you get.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh lord, for basic/cheap beer: Coors Original (kind of my favorite, just easy to drink and cheap).

For dark beers: New Castle, Samual Adams (normal and Cherry Wheat. Cherry Wheat is to DIE for.), Honey Brown (micro brewery) image:

honeybrown.JPG

then there is Guinness, Dos Equis Amber, Warsteiner Dunkel (german), Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale, Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter.

Light beers: Bud (When in the mood for it), Coors Light (best when working outside), Heineken, Harp, Paps Blue Ribbon, and I think I am missing some. I have drank alot of beer. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My brews of choice are (in no particular order)

Rickards Red

Mill St Brewery's Coffee Porter

Amsterdam Nut Brown

Highway 666 Dark Lager

Kozel

Moosehead

Millenium Buzz

... Those are my regulars. So many more I drink when I can get them.

I love Utenos, which is from lithuania. It is one of the top beers from europe and my personal favorite.

Cheers,

hecker

PS: I forgot to mention "San Miguel" from spain. That's the one I drink the most since I'm not really that often in lithuania :P

post-46589-1190060622_thumb.jpg

post-46589-1190060857_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My own! I make a great Pale Ale, Blackberry Wheat, and Maibock.

For store-bought beer, I love a good belgian or India Pale Ale. My favorite is Bell's Two-Hearted India Pale Ale. It's a Michigan-brewed bitter citrusy IPA made with huge infusions American Cascade hops. =)