Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

@ jwong

does audio in work? I'm unable to get sound in. Out works nice.

my bad axe2 only have ICH7 ports 0 thru 3 working

how do you got marvell sata ports working?

4 thru 7 including e-sata port do not work

carlos

Actually I use a firebox for audio in/out (which the install detected and used with no problem), so I haven't tried the built-in audio at all. And all my SATA drives are hooked to the ICH7 ports. I'm just happy to have my video working at the proper resolution and through the DVI port!

Gents, new project here:

CPU: Intel Celeron D 331 Prescott 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80547RE2667CN

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-945GZM-S2 LGA 775 Intel 945GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory: WINTEC AMPO 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AMD2533-1G1K-R - Retail

Case: Rosewill R6422 SL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case+350W Power Supply

Optical: Asus SATA 18x DVDRW

Tried installing first with 10.4.8 jas sse3 w/ppf. booted just fine. only thing no sound or ehternet, but with some searching, i found the solutions. what did catch my eye was that system profiler only shows as the celeron having only 1 core. any way around this? edit:!! that celeron is NOT dual core, my bad I read wrong.

After that i wiped the drive and did a clean install of 10.4.9 v1.3. Install went fine, but upon boot i get the 'com.apple.boot.plist could not be found' i tried using Gparted to put a 'boot flag' in the osx partition, but im not really sure how to do this (sorry for the noobness) can someone explain how? and/or if there is another way around this?

thanks all

Hi Everyone,

I'm newbie. I've been searching this thread for hours now but couldn't find a smilar problem of mine.

My system is,

-Epox 9npa3g Nforce4 Ultra mainboard

-AMD Athlon x2 4200+ CPU

-4x512 MB DDR400 Ram

-ATI x1300XT (1600pro)

-Seagate 250GB IDE HD

-SB Audigy Value Sound card

I have Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 DVD

I boot from DVD to install, create one partition for whole drive and select,

10.4.9. AMD

AMD SSE3 as Kernel

ATI x1xxx for VGA drivers

Installation goes just fine. After rebooting PC

Verifying DMI Pool Data.....

And hangs. Nothing happens more. No disc action, nothing!

Am I missing something on installation? At least I should have booted to something :P

Hello!

I've got some questions about the MacFuse / MacFuse Tools / ntfs-3G installation from uphuck DVD 1.3:

- What are the installed versions of the programs above? (ntfs-3G seems to be 1.516)

- How is the automount of the ntfs drives done?

- MacFusion says that there is no MacFuse installed, why?

- Can I change the volume icon for the ntfs drives? (MacFuse 0.4.0 has an option -ovolicon)

Thanx for your help,

rjuhser

Hoping someone has a close system to mine and could tell me what options they used during instal (patches, vga, etc)

Maybe this could save me some hassle!

Thanks everyone, and good luck :wacko:

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 2133 MHz (8 x 267)

Motherboard Name Asus P5B (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Broadwater P965

System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT (512 MB)

Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD1988 @ Intel 82801HB ICH8 - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

IDE Controller Intel® ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825

IDE Controller Intel® ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820

Disk Drive MAXTOR STM3320620AS ATA Device (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) (192.168.1.100)

USB1 Controller Intel 82801HB ICH8 - USB Universal Host Controller [b-0]

I have a quick qwestion for you guys...I am new to the whole setup but was having some difficulty just getting back to my primary XP partiton after attempting the install.

I partitioned the drive for the 6.5 GB of blank for the OS X partition.

I burned the DVD which had a "write fail" right at the end and I think that is why it didnt install. It gave me an "Error Loading Operating System" when I put in the DVD with the blank partition active,

but when I try to make the XP partition active again, I can't. I am pretty sure that I am following all of the steps properly, but when I type in "diskpart" in the XP Recovery console it only gives me the option to either 'add' or 'delete' partitions, there is nowhere to type in the 'listdisk' commands to activate the XP partition in the way that I did for the blank partition.

So to get back to my primary XP partition, I ended up waiting about an hour for XP to install on the partition after reformatting it and then use the 'diskpart' command to activate the primary XP partition.

Am I doing something wrong??

Please help! Thanks.

I can't seem to boot the installed OS too.

I tried different customization options but upon the completion of the installation and reboot, the screen just stayed at blank with a white underscore flashing on the top left corner.

It's a DELL D620 (C2D) laptop, I've even tried *only* installing the base system will the kernel (tried both SSE3 and Universal), no luck. :)

Anyone have any ideas?

have you ever get your problem fix? I have the same problem with my, any advise would help .. thx

I am currently running OSX86 10.4.8 with a successful installation of the Callisto b006 drivers for my ATI X800XL video adapter (QE & CI supported). I want to upgrade to 10.4.9 so I can run iLife08 applications. Would I be able to have a successful upgrade to 10.4.9 if I booted the uphuck DVD and only installed the SSE2 kernel and the Intel 10.4.9 update (no drivers or patches)? If ext files other than the kernel are overwritten during the upgrade process, what directories would you suggest I back up so that if the upgrade totally bombs, I could restore from backup and get my 10.4.8 system back? Thanks for your help!

MacWeenie :lol:

My system:

Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop (Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz supporting SSE2)

LCD: Samsung SyncMaster 151s (1024x768 @ 60Hz)

Video: ATI X800XL (QE & CI Support using phoenix3200 procedure and Callisto b006)

Audio: C-Media CMI8738 (used driver provided by dogbert)

LAN: Intel Pro V integrated network adapter

DVD: Sony DVD RW DRU-810A (burns great using Liquid CD and Disk Utility)

Hi Guys i have Question about my Laptop. i have Toshiba Satellite Duo 2 Core 160GB HD, 1GBRAM

What version i need for Rum OSx86 ?uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread this dont working for me :*

Hi guys, I've installed the Mac OS X 10.4.9 Uphuck v1.3, and everything on installation ran fine, but when the pc restart, the system boot a little and then restarts. I could read the last line of the message before the restart (it's very fast):

Starting Darwin/x86

After this the pc restart. Somebody knows how to solve this problem?

My hardware is:

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.06 GHz Prescott

256 MB RAM

HD PATA 80 GB Samsung

Chipset VIA P4M800Pro and VIA 8237

nVidia GeForce FX5200

Thanks

uphuck 1.4.9 on my AMD , everything working fine even sound

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3526/amdscreenlu7.png

Machine Name: Macintosh

Machine Model: AMD

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+

Processor Speed: 2.21 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per processor): 1 MB

Processor Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

Memory: 1.25 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: Hack.88Z.int.0sh.061193037 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

Memorex DVD16+/-DL4RWlD2:

Firmware Revision: JWS5

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Unsupported)

Profile Path: None

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes

Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media: No

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0185

Revision ID: 0x00c1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

i had to run the install about four times before i got it to install all the way.

it would get so far and just lockup on me so i would shut it down and restart it again.

I pretty much let it run and don't remember changing anything for the install or picking anything when it first started.

I just did the normal OSX install and and click yes to everything.

it found all my stuff and runs just like when I started my Mac Mini the first time, i'm able to change the screen size just going it to the system preferences .

this is a home built PC i did last year.

If you want to know more info feel free to PM or email me and I'll try to help if i can.

candles.help@gmail.com

Okay after many trys I found that this uphuck works the best for my booard: DS3P

Installed on the yellow sata, with usb dvd

bios setting:

sata/achi/raid: achi

port 0 -3 : enabled

controller sata: enablled:

controller mode : achi

I have a western digital hard drive.

Any other way and I waited for boot device.

Networking worked, but no sound.

Didn't use any video options as my nvidia 7950 doesnt get fully supported yet.

But it booted and it worked.

I ran xbench and got a result of 110.00 which is horrible for my computer.

Going to try and get hard drive off the yellow sata and onto purple as it increases speed.

FEel free to pm and ask any questions, small or huge as i have done the same

good luck!

Finally I got Mac working on my PC!!! I used the Universal Kernel 3 and I've selected a patch for PowerManagement, that I don't selected in the others installs. I think it doesn't worked because I didn't install this patch. But now everything is great!! My video card was recognized on the boot by the Titan driver. I will test the sound later, with the onboard audio.

Thanks

Hi, PLease I need help me??...

My PC(cpu-z)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Amd ATHLON 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane

Socket: Am2

Instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, X86-64

Drive: Seagate Barracuda: 320 Gb ST3320620NS S-ATA

Mainboard: Gigabyte M59SLI-S5. chipset nVidia

Memory: 2Gb DDR2 Corsair

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded UpHuck 10.4.9 dvd v1.3, everything is ok until I need to choose the destination drive (Disk Utilities)... that is my problem, there isn't any of my partitions.

The hard Drive has 4 partitions, 4 x 80 Gb (1 primary and another extended 3 last partitions)... I have tried to install it in any of those partitions (I formatted the partitions that I was suppossed to use, first time without format, next time with Fat 32 :( ), configured as active and primary partition. But it just didn't work.

Them, I created another partition in the original-primary partition (Windows xp, again, I tried without format and with Fat32), didn't work, I tried with "DiskPart", did not work, I used Partition Magic...nothing... I dont know where is my drive... (I also changed the Sata for IDE) and.... :(

I would apreciate your help. thanks. ;)

Did you try setting your disk/partition during install? i.e. "rd=disk0s2"

I could actually use some help, myself. I created a partition in Vista, booted from the uphuck disk, and tried to install, and it ran a bunch of lines, the last one was "Still waiting for root device". People suggested changing jumpers, but I can't because I'm using SATA (only one I have :P ), and messign around with BIOS settings didn't seem to help. However, once I ran install with "rd=disk0s2", it didn't give the message "Still waiting for root device", but the last line displays the kernel version, and nothing happens afterwards. One of the lines higher up reads "panic(cpu 0 caller 0x002C2F0B): nfs_boot_init failed with 6". I'm assuming that's bad... but could anyone tell me what I can do about it?

Relevant system specs:

AMD Athon 64 X2 4200+

Asus M2N-E SLI Deluxe, nForce 500

WD SATA Hard Drive

2GB Kingston 240pin DDR2

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB

Using uphuck 10.4.9 v1.2 (should I be using a different version? 1.3 or 1.4a?)

I'm totally new to this, but it's amazing how much awesome work this community has done. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

hi I just burned uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 and installed it but after succesfull installation my system is not booting up. I think I didnt choose right kernel, patches or drivers. Can someone please please pretty please tell me what i need to choose? I have dell inspiron E1505/6400. My CPUZ result is as follows:-

Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T7200 its a 32 bit processor

Instruction - MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

Core Speed - 1995.6 MHz

Mainboard - Intel i945M

Southbridge - intel 82801 GHM (ICH7-M DH)

Bios - A09

Memory DDR2 Size 2048 MB

I have ATI x1300 256 mb display card. Please guys help me out!

I'm attempting to install uphuck 10.4.9 on the following machine:

Gigabyte P35 - DS3L

Intel E4400

Seagate 320GB SATA drive (connected to Orange SATA ports)

I'm using an LG DVDR connected via USB.

I get a "Disk Boot Failure" message when attempting to boot from my uphuck DVD burn.

The disc was burned using Toast 7 on my Powerbook.

Is there something hardware-wise I've got wrong or missing?

• 2 weeks later...

ok, my installation is on:

10.4.9 v1.3 AMD SSE3 kernel, nforce sata

DFI lanparty nforce4

ata hdd for osx

sata hdd

a usb mouse

ps2 keyboard hooked into usb using converter

everything works fine, unless:

1. i have to unplug and replug every usb device for them to work..

2. can't i use ps2 keyboard? it doesn't respond at all if i plug it on ps2 port

3. ntfs write doesn't work well, files already written into ntfs dissapeared upon reboot(wtf?)

can anyone help me on this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I was using Jas 10.4.6, and recently did a fresh install to uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3

I have a weird problem now, when my machine isnt connected to internet everything goes OK, but when it is connected, after like 1 hour the "Pls reboot gray screen" comes out and I have to reboot... Anyone any clue?

I was googling it but nothing....

I have tried it with the onboard lan card and with a PCI lan card too, same results :(

If someone knows anything pls let me know it

Thanks in advance

Andy

ASrock Conroe945G-DVI, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86, 1Gb RAM