0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

i forgot reply, chico_stang gave me the right drivers, that he made :wacko:

Try thisATi_X1650_Pro__Leopard_10.5.5_.zip

Got 1 Q? does any body can wake from sleep? It seems to work for me, but monitor stays off. Will this be a problem with my graphic card drivers? Please send me msg. THANKS

Fixed, just plug monitor to the 2. port. everything working now. Merry christmazzzzzzz.

I am running 10.5.2 kalyway and have been having trouble getting my own graphics to work correctly.

I am running a radeon x1650 pro 512mb pci-e (0x71c1) with no choice or resolution etc. I have tried a variety of kexts found on this board/thread but everyone causes my hackintosh to freeze at the loading screen after reboot, requiring a reinstall.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so, how exactly did you get around the issue?

I have another problem: Quicktime is much too slow.

I have an X1600 Pro (ID 71c2) and changed the ID in RadeonX1000.kext. I have full QE/CI and so on in 10.5.5 and 10.5.6. But using Quicktime 7.5.5 a simple DivX movie needs about 45% CPU, window scaled to near-fullscreen (on 1600x1200 resolution) needs about 90% on an Athlon 64 4000+. With Quicktime 7.4.5 everything is alright. The problem isn't depending on the codec, I tried Perian and DivX seperatedly. But already the startup-video from the installation stutters extremely, so it's a Quicktime base problem for sure. Does anyone else has similar experiences?

Do I have to hex edit the binaries somewhere? Important would be the 10.5.6 kext.

BTW: How does your card power up? I always get the message ATI ATOMBIOS 16MB. Nvidia cards are showing 128MB or so at this place. My card has 256MB and it's shown also in System Profiler.

popeyeq, does this support dual screen? I've got mine CI/QE enabled, but no dual screen...

Just update to 10.5.6 - got QE & Rotation supported.

ATI_Radeon_X1650_Pro_512____71c7____OSX86_10.5.6.zip

Copy & replace files in /System/Library/Extensions/ use Extensions-Repair.app in zip to repair permitions, reboot.

need to send BIG REGARDS to Modbis, Kozlowski, Blackb and many more who showed me how to do this.

popeyeq, does this support dual screen? I've got mine CI/QE enabled, but no dual screen...

dont have two monitors, so can't say. but if I plug monitor to one or second I get visual. but in one of the ports monitor not wake up from sleep. Port farther from motherboard does wake up. so Im using that one.

One thing for shure I dont have tv out. I would like to. does anybody know how?

dont have two monitors, so can't say. but if I plug monitor to one or second I get visual. but in one of the ports monitor not wake up from sleep. Port farther from motherboard does wake up. so Im using that one.

One thing for shure I dont have tv out. I would like to. does anybody know how?

Update to 10.5.6 ... i replace the kext for Update Radeon 1650 10.5.6 but Ouartz Extreme dont working(((( Any ideas? i cant install Logic Studio(((

P.S. On 10.5.5 Ouartz Extreme dont working too....

Update to 10.5.6 ... i replace the kext for Update Radeon 1650 10.5.6 but Ouartz Extreme dont working(((( Any ideas? i cant install Logic Studio(((

what is your device id? are you using atiinject.kext?

same thing for me. popeye could you please upload all your kexts for x1600? thnxx

:):D :D :D yeaaaaah!!! works for me

just update to 10.5.6 - got QE & Rotation supported.

ATI_Radeon_X1650_Pro_512____71c7____OSX86_10.5.6.zip

Copy & replace files in /System/Library/Extensions/ use Extensions-Repair.app in zip to repair permitions, reboot.

need to send BIG REGARDS to Modbis, Kozlowski, Blackb and many more who showed me how to do this.

Thanks to all guys... only want to know if it can with dual monitor, QE/CI/Rotation is ok... but dual monitor not... yet... i hope to a possible solution for this, but is a great advance!!! yeahhh!!... if somebody knows how to do this please post... thanks

I have drivers for 10.5.6 X1600Pro (ID 71c2). Is anyone interested? I use it in combination with ATIIinject, it is also possible to generate an EFI string.

Question: My Quicktime 7.5 or 7.5.5 is extremely slow, even the introduction video stutters horribly. A DivX movie in fullscreen window (1600x1200) needs more than 90% CPU on an Athlon 64 4000+. I reinstalled 7.4.5, but this can't be a solution. Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...