0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

kozlowski,

past and copied the files and made the following commands more the system hangs with a screen means that the chuviscada and not to move.

I am using leo4allv3 10.5.2.

please help!

Card: Ati Radeon 512mb, 128bits dual DVI + adapter DVI to VGA.

LEOPARD 10.5.2

This is the same patch for Leopard 10.5.2 made by "chico_stang". Credits to him, many thanks :D

1) 0x71C7 Click here!

2) Copy & Paste the files included in the Zip into /System/Library/Extensions (Authenticate & Replace).

3) Open Terminal...

sudo -s (enter password)

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

I've given up on trying to get it to work with 10.5.2 and have reverted to 10.5.1 iAtkos. I installed the ATIInject.kext on install of the OS and then modded the ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIInject.kext as instructed in MacMan2007's thread and it works wonderfully. No DVI support tho but I'll live.

Please how can solve this problem of bad screen, and finder transparent.

my card: ATI Radeon 512MB, 128bits dual DVI + DVI to VGA adapter.

looks at the screen:

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=badfh4.jpg

I remember having this problem when I installed Modbin's patch and the Kernel versions didn't match. For example installing Tiger's ATiRadeonX1000.kext on Leopard would give me this result.

So what I'm suggesting OmegaOSX is that you remember which Kernel version you install (for example if you have 9.2.0, you should modify Modbin's package for 9.2.0). And this applies, regardless on the Leopard version (for instance you can have Leopard 10.5.4 with 9.2.0 Kernel).

I remember having this problem when I installed Modbin's patch and the Kernel versions didn't match. For example installing Tiger's ATiRadeonX1000.kext on Leopard would give me this result.

So what I'm suggesting OmegaOSX is that you remember which Kernel version you install (for example if you have 9.2.0, you should modify Modbin's package for 9.2.0). And this applies, regardless on the Leopard version (for instance you can have Leopard 10.5.4 with 9.2.0 Kernel).

If I have the kernel's: 9.2 or 9.3, which pkg advise you install and what's kext apply?

hello all

I have got a video card Asus EAX 1650 Pro Silent and impossible to make it work with OSX86 but...

i succeeded in installing drivers for 10.5.3 with kexthelper. I tried 2 methods :

- the 10.5.2 driver : QE enabled but freezes all time :(

- the 10.5.3 driver : NO freeze NO QE :P

in the 2 cases i can change resolution BUT OSX recognizes my 2nd screen as the main one : it says i have got only 1 screen (the 2nd one displays exactly the same things like the main one)

i will go back to OSX10.5.2 to see if the driver works better. let's see :(

MONDOGROSSO

Well, didnt work for me... :angel:

- Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 from scratch

- Install Leopard Graphic Update

- Install Modbin drivers for 10.5.2, kernel 9.2

- All kext editing from kozlowski

and after a final reboot, got into Leopard and my resolutionis fine, but a message saying that the extension ATIRadeonx1000.kext wasnt right installed... :S

and my System Profiler reads this:

ATY,RadeonX1650:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1650

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Displays:

L1753S:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Well, today i comes to me the idea of copy over all these steps, the only drivers that give me QE and CI hardware, the ones of dionysos (dionysos_ati1600_71c2), overwrite the 7 files included, run the Extension repair app, that comes with the package, and after a reboot, get this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/273203...3eb998ec7_o.jpg

Good... but... after work a little (browse with Finder, move covers in Coverflow of iTunes or simply surf with Safari) my system hangs, just freezes... only option: hard REBOOT... :)

Any clue?

Eventualy, i get this graphic glitches:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/273209...af6bb573d_o.jpg

Weird!

OK, I've been pulling my hair out getting resolution/CI/QE working on a 1650 pro 512mb.... I am happy as hell to announce that I got it working 99% (second DVI out isn't working just yet)

I am using an Abit IL9-Pro with a Pentium D 4GB ram. Saphire X1650 Pro 512mb. (71c6) PCI-E 10.5.4 iAtko

Here's the steps...

get the modbin patch. 10.5.3/10.5.4

Install with ATIInject

Edit ATIRadeonX1000.kext with your cards identifier (mine is 0x71c61002)

1. copy /System/Library/Extension/ATINDRV.kext to your desktop

2. open the ATINDRV.kext package on your desktop

3. inside of this package go to /Contents/PlugIns/

4. open the ATY_Wormy.kext

5. inside this package go to /Contents/

6. open the file: Info.plist with your Texteditor

7. find this position:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>ATY,Wormy</string>

8. and replace it with this:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>display</string>

9. find this position:

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IONDRVDevice</string>

10. and replace with this:

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

11. save the changes and close the texteditor

12. replace the /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext with the one you just edited on the desktop

13. reboot

fix permissions etc.. POOF!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody notice problem when waking up? It seems to work for me, it go to sleep nicely, but when i wake up system, display stay off. You can see hard drive working, funs start spinning, but display off. Restart working for me as well as shutdown. I have look around, but didn't find any solution. I event can't put display to sleep. Mouse cursor hide it self, but monitor stay on. Anybody any solution?

Hello everbody. Sorry for my poor english ...

I have a big problem with my Gigabyte X1650Pro PCI-E ... I have read many technic, tips, topics, but my problem is very ... hard difficult =

I have try two 10.5.4 Mac OS X version, first : Jas 10.5.4 Client/Server , and iDeneb 10.5.4.

For QE and CI it's great succes, it's recognized, no problem, but ... The graphism bug !!

The background is satured et the entire color in the screen are bug.

The ID of my Graphic Cards is 71c6.

Click here to view my problem (capture screen and send to my other old Mac, a G4 ... ) http://tranmi.free.fr/images/Image1.png

Hello everbody. Sorry for my poor english ...

I have a big problem with my Gigabyte X1650Pro PCI-E ... I have read many technic, tips, topics, but my problem is very ... hard difficult =

I have try two 10.5.4 Mac OS X version, first : Jas 10.5.4 Client/Server , and iDeneb 10.5.4.

For QE and CI it's great succes, it's recognized, no problem, but ... The graphism bug !!

The background is satured et the entire color in the screen are bug.

The ID of my Graphic Cards is 71c6.

Click here to view my problem (capture screen and send to my other old Mac, a G4 ... ) http://tranmi.free.fr/images/Image1.png

Hi, need more info. what technic did you use? post link. Dont know what have you done. It look bit trippe :P .

finally I can get fully working on my HIS radeon x1650 device id 0x71c1 QE/CI Enabled on Leopard 10.5.2

Step by Step :

1. Install Kallyways 10.5.2

2. Install Leopard Graphics Update I download from www.apple.com

3. Copy 3 files in kozlowski71C1

4. chmod & chown in terminal or use kexthelper easier way just drag n drop

5. reboot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My card is a HIS radeon X1650 PCIE 256MB

0Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c1

Revision ID:0x009e

working in all resolution but no QE/CI.

I've try many trick but still can't get QE/CI. can anyone help me how to make QE/CI suport on my VGA card ?? (LEOPARD 10.5.4)

sorry 'bout my bad english..