0x71C1 - 0x71C7 ATi X1650 Pro fix (QE/CI/Rotation Enabled)

Denicio

354 posts in this topic

Thanks popeyeq for these latest kexts. I used them and finally o was able to get into the MacOS and with ability to change the resolution. However there is another issue that crept up. Now my DVI display does not work.

I installed the Retail Leopard using Boot-132 hack and was not getting the option to change the resolution. My motherboard is Asus P5W-DH Deluxe and video is Diamond X1650 512 (0x71C7).

I have a 24" monitor to which I have connected through DVI and the VGA (using DVI-VGA) connected to a 46" sony HDTV.

After i used the updated kexts for x6150 (0x71C7), on reboot the DVI display goes blank (no display) and only the VGA on the TV is displayed.

The good thing is now i can change the resolution, so i picked the 1920x1080 on my VGA (TV). The resolution was changed but the whole image seemed to have been shifted to the right side, i still had some 20% of blank screen on the left side.

Then i switched over to VGA on my 24" monitor and tried the 1920x1200 (max res) and the screen went kapoot, no display, nothing, nada, neyet, nope, nako... And now i cant do anything. Even on reboot the screen goes blank after the grey apple logo.

Is there a safe mode by which i could change the reolution back like in windows?

Or do i have to restore my earlier TimeMachine backup?

Also i read somewhere about how to enable the DVI thing, can remember where, bu i guess you know it for sure.

Thanks

Neo

Hi popeyeq,

post-435179-1244118107_thumb.png

I would like to say that the driver is working for 10.5.6. Just installed it yesterday.

A DVI-VGA connector and VGA cable to connect to your monitor MUST be used in order to run.

Although I know it's not quite possible, but will you be able to provide a version which is compatible to DVI output?

Cheers :D

Is it works on non-pro card..??

I have Gigabyte X1650 DDR2 256mb

thx

Hi kathmandude,

Do you have the same mode as mine? GV-RX165256D-RH

Mine is working and I've upload a pic of my display card info just few threads before.

But I have to connect to the VGA port of my monitor to use.

I'm using leopard 10.5.6 now

Cheers :)

Hi kathmandude,

Do you have the same mode as mine? GV-RX165256D-RH

Mine is working and I've upload a pic of my display card info just few threads before.

But I have to connect to the VGA port of my monitor to use.

I'm using leopard 10.5.6 now

Cheers :(

Hi Zev23,

I'm not sure which one, the Dev ID is 71c7.

I've tried many kext specially built for the Dev ID but the result was blank black screen.

So which kext do you use..??

Thanks before :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Zev23,

I'm not sure which one, the Dev ID is 71c7.

I've tried many kext specially built for the Dev ID but the result was blank black screen.

So which kext do you use..??

Thanks before :(

Have you try to connect using the old VGA cable (the head should be blue color one).

I have updated my OSX to 10.5.7, as a result I need to use the 10.5.7 version here.

I used to get black screen too after I installed the driver BUT that time I was using DVI cable. After I changed to VGA cable, I can see the desktop.

Hope this help :(

Have you try to connect using the old VGA cable (the head should be blue color one).

I have updated my OSX to 10.5.7, as a result I need to use the 10.5.7 version here.

I used to get black screen too after I installed the driver BUT that time I was using DVI cable. After I changed to VGA cable, I can see the desktop.

Hope this help ;)

I'm still using VGA cable, my monitor is CRT :)

Thanks for the link, I'll try it this weekend.

:D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So that means that we need to change our Graphic Card? I was trying to edit all in ATIRadeonX100.kext, i hex edited it, changed dev id, everytime no kext loading... And last thing i know i broke AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, and now i cant boot to SL. :)

So that means that we need to change our Graphic Card? I was trying to edit all in ATIRadeonX100.kext, i hex edited it, changed dev id, everytime no kext loading... And last thing i know i broke AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext, and now i cant boot to SL. :unsure:

Yes, either that or stay in Leopard. I tried everything I know, but no luck so.

OK, I can send mine, but... I don't know which files I should send. Mine supports QE/CI, Rotation, Resolution. What should I do?

Yes, but your card is supported in Leopard, not Snow Leopard, am I correct? The card works perfectly in Leopard, but in Snow Leopard it does not. So I need SL drivers actually.

Yes, but your card is supported in Leopard, not Snow Leopard, am I correct? The card works perfectly in Leopard, but in Snow Leopard it does not. So I need SL drivers actually.

In Leopard it works perfectly? I didn't manage to get dual monitor features. It only replicates the same content in both monitors. You managed to do it? What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...