HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

MagoSaGazzu, I'm sorry I made a mistake, to avoid overheating the correct thing to install is "RemoveThermalKext".

Power Management Bundle will only let you see Battery Status on the Menu Bar.

I forgot to mention that nForce4 driver is REQUIRED in order to get wireless card working.

Also I would like to mention something funny that happened yesterdar...

As I've said before, my touchpad and builtin keyboard don't work... Well, yesterday I tried to Sleep my dv6220la using the "sleep" option on Apple logo's menu. The laptop freezed for like 3 seconds and didn't slept, but instead of it, mouse pointer disappeared an then reappeared but my usb mouse stopped working, also my usb keyboard did.

So, I was going to reboot by pressing power button, but before I accidentaly touched my touchpad and... SURPRISE!!! IT WAS WORKING!!!

So after that both my built in touchpad and keyboard worked... until I rebooted my machine.

I have tried to repeat that accidental procedure to make'em work but with no luck...

Maybe someone can help us tracking this possible work-around to the m&k issue.

Finnaly, I've gone for a new clean install attempting to fix my video card and resolution, and I've found that installing nVidia mobility series driver, OS X will actually boot.

The resolution is the same 1024x780 but is interesting because with Natit and/or Titan installed you will never be able to get into OS X.

I will try to change resolution with this driver installed and I'll let you know what happens.

..TheOne..

i have dv6000 cto with Amd chipset i cant get past the beginning boot i see a blue screen with mouse pictures on it the pictures seem to say i need to put batteries on the wireless mouse. i can only guess it doesnt want to load because it cant detect a mouse or the mouse touchpad? did you have this problem?ANy Ideas?

Before i gotthis laptop i had a dv8000 with intel chipset and i got my JAS os 10.4.8 to install fine but i could never get any wireless or ethernet on it. Also i got some low level sound but at the expense of my Windows sound drivers not working. And in quicklaunch while playing a dvd no sound was heard either.

In any case i have succesfully installed this version of osx86 into one laptop before i need help figuring out what to do about this Mouse screen the screen shows up right after booting from the "DVD into JaS 10.4.8 AMD INtell SSE2 SSE3 ISO ".

Also it wouldnt do anything after that so i turn off the computer usinf the power button and now when i boot into Darwin i cant get into the Kernel boot i get an error message with begging with "error parsing plist unless i use -v to show daignostic messages. but i still get the mouse error. and sometimesall i get is a loop on the "press any key to to install mac os x or press f8 to enter startup options " cant get past it.

ANY one have any ideas.

Oh and just in case it matters i have VISTA ULtimate and XP MEdia CENTER already installed as a DUAL boot.

i have dv6000 cto with Amd chipset i cant get past the beginning boot i see a blue screen with mouse pictures on it the pictures seem to say i need to put batteries on the wireless mouse. i can only guess it doesnt want to load because it cant detect a mouse or the mouse touchpad? did you have this problem?ANy Ideas?

Before i gotthis laptop i had a dv8000 with intel chipset and i got my JAS os 10.4.8 to install fine but i could never get any wireless or ethernet on it. Also i got some low level sound but at the expense of my Windows sound drivers not working. And in quicklaunch while playing a dvd no sound was heard either.

In any case i have succesfully installed this version of osx86 into one laptop before i need help figuring out what to do about this Mouse screen the screen shows up right after booting from the "DVD into JaS 10.4.8 AMD INtell SSE2 SSE3 ISO ".

Also it wouldnt do anything after that so i turn off the computer usinf the power button and now when i boot into Darwin i cant get into the Kernel boot i get an error message with begging with "error parsing plist unless i use -v to show daignostic messages. but i still get the mouse error. and sometimesall i get is a loop on the "press any key to to install mac os x or press f8 to enter startup options " cant get past it.

ANY one have any ideas.

Oh and just in case it matters i have VISTA ULtimate and XP MEdia CENTER already installed as a DUAL boot.

Well, I've never seen that weird message myself, but as I've told you, my keyboard&mouse don't work neither... But I use USB mouse and keyboard instead and it works fine.

Since I installed OSX I've never tried to boot without the usb keyboard and mouse unplugged, so I guess maybe if I did, I would get to see that message.

And about the looping boot thing ("press enter to install OSX or F8 for options..."), it seems like after you installed OSX and rebooted, you are leaving the install DVD in...

You may take it out, reboot, press ESC at HP screen, select the drive where you installed OSX, and then press enter... This way it should boot.

I'm curious about something... did you installed OSX in an external usb hard drive? Or did you managed to get it to the internal SATA drive?

I hope it helps.

..TheOne..

Hi Guys,

i installed the JAS MACOSX 10.4.8

All works the drivers are fine... I installed the system before on a USB Disk. I tested it and I liked it, so i want to install it on the mail harddrive, but when i go at the installation to the diskutil i cant aktivate the harddrive, the font is grey, so i cant format it or delete it.. I cant install the mac Os on the drives..

I hope somebody can help me...

Thx

Laptop

Hp dv6286eu

I've got a dv9535nr here are the specs

1.5 GHz Intel Centrino Due T5250

2 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS

Additional specs can be found at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...093&lang=en

I attempted to install the Uphuck 10.4.9 Universal DVD v1.3 distro and have gotten the same problem many other people have were it says "Reboot your system" So i'm thinkin its somethin to do with the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS, if i select no video driver to install it should fix that right? Anything else i should not install during setup? Also is there a better distro i should be using thats more HP laptop friendly? thanks.

I've got a dv9535nr here are the specs1.5 GHz Intel Centrino Due T52502 GB RamNvidia GeForce 8600M GSAdditional specs can be found at:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...093&lang=enI attempted to install the Uphuck 10.4.9 Universal DVD v1.3 distro and have gotten the same problem many other people have were it says "Reboot your system" So i'm thinkin its somethin to do with the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS, if i select no video driver to install it should fix that right? Anything else i should not install during setup? Also is there a better distro i should be using thats more HP laptop friendly? thanks.
Welcome hDy.I can tell you that most of the times that I've got that message at gray apple's screen its due to a wrong Graphics card driver installed.With my dv6220la (AMD turion 64x2, nVidia GeForce Go 6150), the only video driver that didn`t caused that issue has been nVidia mobility series (contained in the Uphuck image that you have). If I were you, unless you have time to try, and try again I would install without any video driver first. That should work.And I can tell you that I've tried JaS intel amd 10.4.8 sse2 sse3 iso before, it was kinda good...But I would absolutely keep with Uphuck's image, first of all because its 10.4.9, but mainly because its the only one I've seen including so much additional patches, drivers (all of them explained to select only what you need), and even with a bunch of applications ready to install to your system.On your first boot you'll be able to do almost anything you could want from your brand new Hackbook...TheOne..
Hi Guys,i installed the JAS MACOSX 10.4.8All works the drivers are fine... I installed the system before on a USB Disk. I tested it and I liked it, so i want to install it on the mail harddrive, but when i go at the installation to the diskutil i cant aktivate the harddrive, the font is grey, so i cant format it or delete it.. I cant install the mac Os on the drives..I hope somebody can help me...ThxLaptopHp dv6286eu
Welcome Slimjim12,I've experienced that grey disabling thing on disk utility before... Every time it happens, what I do is simply close disk utility clicking the red "x" button, and reopen it. Doing that all options get enabled so I can erase, format, or partition my drives.If your HD actually is showing yet on disk utility, that may work for you.Sadly, on my dv6220la (AMD turion 64x2), disk utility has never showed/recognized my internal SATA hard drive. So I'll keep with my almost full functional OSX running from my iPod. :wacko: ..TheOne..

Hey The_One,

thx for the nice tip, but it didn`t work, they are still grey. Everytime if i try to delete the partition, then the pc freezed.. I think I have to wait for a patch for the sata drives... because its really worse to take always the usp plate with me, to start the OSX..

greetz Slimer

Well i the problem is i cant install it when i am supposed to get into the Insatllation boot up you remember how the first thing you see is the spinning mouse cursor and than you see the gray apple with the loading circle below it?

Well i cant get that far before all that i get that mouse issue so i hope using the usb mouse will work.

After i tried this i insatalled the New osx 10.4.10 and had a usb mouse and it got past that screen i was mentioning i am gussing that screen is only seen when the install System doesnt recognize any input devices or just a mouse. So i got past it i am trying to install into a sata drive that has 4 partitions i am hoping to get it working. as A triple boot system. I dont know if i will try to get the sound working because my last laptop had issues with one of the ktext files for audio. Has any one tried dual booting or even better yet triple booting a AMD dv6000? I amd already sucessfully dualbooting Vista 64 and Media Center. Lets hope this works.

Well, I've never seen that weird message myself, but as I've told you, my keyboard&mouse don't work neither... But I use USB mouse and keyboard instead and it works fine.

Since I installed OSX I've never tried to boot without the usb keyboard and mouse unplugged, so I guess maybe if I did, I would get to see that message.

And about the looping boot thing ("press enter to install OSX or F8 for options..."), it seems like after you installed OSX and rebooted, you are leaving the install DVD in...

You may take it out, reboot, press ESC at HP screen, select the drive where you installed OSX, and then press enter... This way it should boot.

I'm curious about something... did you installed OSX in an external usb hard drive? Or did you managed to get it to the internal SATA drive?

I hope it helps.

..TheOne..

Welcome hDy.I can tell you that most of the times that I've got that message at gray apple's screen its due to a wrong Graphics card driver installed.With my dv6220la (AMD turion 64x2, nVidia GeForce Go 6150), the only video driver that didn`t caused that issue has been nVidia mobility series (contained in the Uphuck image that you have). If I were you, unless you have time to try, and try again I would install without any video driver first. That should work.And I can tell you that I've tried JaS intel amd 10.4.8 sse2 sse3 iso before, it was kinda good...But I would absolutely keep with Uphuck's image, first of all because its 10.4.9, but mainly because its the only one I've seen including so much additional patches, drivers (all of them explained to select only what you need), and even with a bunch of applications ready to install to your system.On your first boot you'll be able to do almost anything you could want from your brand new Hackbook...TheOne..Welcome Slimjim12,I've experienced that grey disabling thing on disk utility before... Every time it happens, what I do is simply close disk utility clicking the red "x" button, and reopen it. Doing that all options get enabled so I can erase, format, or partition my drives.If your HD actually is showing yet on disk utility, that may work for you.Sadly, on my dv6220la (AMD turion 64x2), disk utility has never showed/recognized my internal SATA hard drive. So I'll keep with my almost full functional OSX running from my iPod. :D ..TheOne..

I re-installed and this time i only selected intel and the correct kernel for my system along with all the software applications avalible on the disk and it worked!! :D Now i'm just having issues with my internet connection, I currently have it hooked up through ethernet cable and i don't expect to get wireless acess setup anytime soon (although that would be nice) Can anyone give me some direction on getting a Realtek RTL8168/8111 NIC up and running? thanks.

I have the same video card as you, and yes, the problem stems from installing incorrect nvidia drivers. If you install XXX osx86 dvd, it should automatically recognize the card at 32 mb without installing any video drivers which is much better than installing a version that totally doesnt support our newer nvidia cards like Jas. I'm currently looking for nvidia drivers that might be able to fully support the 8600m gs more than 32 mb and at a higher resolution. I know the macbook pros use the 8600 gt, so we might be in luck, if the video drivers are compatible with the gs. Any one successfully tried doing that? Btw, did you manage to also get your audio working?

Hey people!

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000, to be more specific a dv6338se, here are the specs HP Pavillion dv6338se.

Can anyone possibly help me? My HDD is not detected, do I need to get an external USB HDD to get Mac to run on my computer? Or what? I have posted my problem here >>>Click Here<<<

But I'm starting to realize that it may be impossible, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help me.

Hi all,

I have a dv6231eu

AMD Turion x64 dual core TL-50

1GB Ram

80GB HD

BIOS version F27

CPU-Z shows I have SSE, SSE2 and SSE 3

I can not find anything about this model on here or when gooling in relation to mac osx86.

My problem is my HDD is not recognised. I have tired Jas, Uphuck 1.4a and one version of tubgirl with PPF1 patch.

I think it is my sata controller causing the problem.

Does anyone have any ides I could try please. I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

If you want to boot from usb and you can get it working, it may be a slow initialization of you extenal usb disk.

I've found a trick:

-When hp logo is shown, press as soon as possible "esc",

-when video switch to character mode showing hardware information press "pause" (you need to press it before internal disk and cdrom initialization)

-wait 10-15 seconds then press space, and wait.

-should appear usb disk both in the initialization and in the boot selector menu.

This has to be done every time you want to boot from usb

pay attention that your external drive should be with a bootable os

Eddi

hi everyone,

i'm experiencing this problem i posted here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=66733

and seems can't solve with this trick i'm quoting...i see my external hdd during boot but still doesn't want to start, cann anyone help me?

i'm using dv5000 series laptop :P

hi vic21, It's not clear to me whether you could use your nvidia 8400M with hardware acceleration or just using the vesa driver. Can you be more specific? I'm trying to install xxx 10.4.10 in a pavillion dv6575us laptop and just could use the vesa driver with 1024x768 resolution, could you use the 1280x800 wide screen resolution? thanks in advance.

Hi, I have an HP dv6143a and I tried to install 10.4.9 but after finishing the installation and let the system bootup, it just loops on the presentation video showing also a pink Mac OS X logo on the left. What should I do?Hi, I have an HP dv6143a and I tried to install 10.4.9 but after finishing the installation and let the system bootup, it just loops on the presentation video showing also a pink Mac OS X logo on the left. What should I do?

I have managed to install Jas install onto an external usb hard drive. I am able to boot from it and use it fine. Everything works even wireless on my dv6231eu. The only thing I would like to do is get it onto the hard drive on my laptop. Mobility defeats the object if you have to carry an external HDD around lol. I have tired acronis split the hard drive, formatted the second partition fat32 with 0=AF shagosswap, but my hard drive still can not be seen. Anyone any ideas please

• 2 weeks later...

One quick question before going to add in OSX86 to my stuff.

I know my HP is dv6101tx, which is having 2Ghz Core 2 Duo and 2GB ram, with Intel wireless card. I know the wireless card is not going to work, so I have some idea on changing it.

Here are my questions:

1. If I get a airport express card, which version should I get to fit that to the motherboard?

2. I've install the patched Bios from bluedragon (thank you for this wonderful stuff), just want to ask, if I add in that stuff to my Motherboard, will I be still able to use wireless in Vista?

That's like the stuff which is mainly concerning me, because I don't think a laptop without wireless is something cool. Hope to join the osx86 family asap after I know the result, thanks guys

One quick question before going to add in OSX86 to my stuff.

I know my HP is dv6101tx, which is having 2Ghz Core 2 Duo and 2GB ram, with Intel wireless card. I know the wireless card is not going to work, so I have some idea on changing it.

Here are my questions:

1. If I get a airport express card, which version should I get to fit that to the motherboard?

2. I've install the patched Bios from bluedragon (thank you for this wonderful stuff), just want to ask, if I add in that stuff to my Motherboard, will I be still able to use wireless in Vista?

That's like the stuff which is mainly concerning me, because I don't think a laptop without wireless is something cool. Hope to join the osx86 family asap after I know the result, thanks guys

Hi Noz...

With BlueDragon's solution it's pretty easy to get the wireless to work. Infact I am using it right now. It's really a matter of changing cards. One that we know works is the Dell 1490 card (Broadcom). It's a straight swap with the inside the laptop. It was also an automatic install with Vista, no need to get drivers.

Hope this helps.

Hi Noz...

With BlueDragon's solution it's pretty easy to get the wireless to work. Infact I am using it right now. It's really a matter of changing cards. One that we know works is the Dell 1490 card (Broadcom). It's a straight swap with the inside the laptop. It was also an automatic install with Vista, no need to get drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thx velvetbutter,

Because currently I'm in Australia and it's kind of hard for me to search for Dell 1490 card. That's the reason I am asking will the airport extreme card suitable for the HP laptop. I believe it would be...

On the other hand, from your post, does that means every broadcom card should work? or just the dell one?

Does anyone know if dv6143ea has problem with the WiFi and ethernet adapter? Yesterday I installed mac.nub's release and, although it works, the OS doesn't seem to let the Wifi and ethernet work. I plugged in the RJ45 cable but nothing happened.

so anyone here with the nforce 430/410 mcp51 chipset for the sata, i have devised a plan i hope will help bypass this no sata problem. that is if you have a spare hd bay. Im going to try modding a portable external to fit inside the extra bay and see how that works. it looks like there's enough room. It won't be the same as sata no doubt but at least you'll be able to take it on the road cuz otherwise what the hell is the point of a laptop. hopefully by this weekend i'll have pics and shcematics. i'll keep ya posted