My System information is as stated below:

Hp Pavilion Dv9500

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL 58 1.90 ghz

Memory RAM : 2048 MB

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Conextant High Definition

250 GB Sata Harddisk

etc..

After starting to install MAC osx86 v10.4.9, i run diskutility program but i can't see any of my harddrive partitions except DVD-drive.

There is no option that i can change my Sata harddisk to Ide Mode in my BIOS. Apart from these, I've tried to make new partitions as Fat32 and Ntfs for my harddrive using my xp Cds, in the end mac osx86 diskutility didn't see any of my disk partitions. So anybody who has experience in this case or encountered a problem such as mine can help me please..

Note : My system can see External Harddrives

Batuhan FIRAT

Dudemaster batufirat, you have to plug in the external drive, then run the installer to that drive and after you have installed everything, boot OSX and go to disk utility and hopefully your SATA drive is there. wip[e it and then copy your external drive onto the SATA and you will be good to go. thats what im gonna do.

also, if you cut your computer in half, it would be equal to mine, lol.

VIVA AMD!!!

i am typing from the New and improved DV Pro!!! im using JAS 10.4.8. installed to ipod drive. its slow but it works. no sound or PS2 periphials, (keyboard mouse) and still NO SATA!!!

i do know that the iatkos installer worked with my ps2 mouse so maybe i will try that tomorrw.

so number one, WE NEED A SATA PATCH!!! i know someone out there has it, they just need to post a guide.

thanks!!!

Hi. just wanted to post my success in installing Jas 10.4.8 on my dv9207us. Took me a couple of times around, but thanks to these forums, its running well.

dv9207us (upgraded)

Core duo T2600 2.16ghz

2gb RAM

Nvidia Go 7600 256mb

120gb running vista

100gb running OSx

Initially planned to have OSX as a VM but couldnt get it to bootup after installing several times. So I decided to swap out one of my hard drives to use with OSX.

First time around, I just got a black screen after the completed installation reboot, which was the same thing I'd get under VMware. I remembered reading something about bios options on the forums, so I changed a couple of items and now have OSX running smoothly.

SATA = disabled

Virtualization = disabled

I have trackpad, network, sound, and 1440x900 display running, which is great!

I still do want to get the VM machine in Vista running though...

Ok, it's my turn to try this!

I have a mac, infact using to post this! got so sick of Vista, that now I want to put mac os on to my DV9000.

dv9000

Core duo 2.0ghz

2gb RAM

Nvidia Go 7600 256mb

160gb running vista

160gb ready for ox

However using the iATKOS 1.0 install, and the '-v' switch, the screen stops at directoryservices[51]: Lanched version 5.0 (v514)

I noted the following;

firewire error - unable to determin security mode;

Jettisoning kernel linker

Ketd[47]: can't add repository (not a direcotory).

Resetting IOCatalogue

:root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link data generation.

I have read a number of posts, and it looks like this laptop should be able to run mac osx but I just can not get passed this problem.

Can anyone suggest what I have done wrong? or some other switchs I can use to problem solve this?

Thanks... I feel I am close to leaving the PC world forever :P

Troy

Directoryservices[51]: Lanched version 5.0 (v514)

My DV9063ea runs flawesly Leopard + EFI + GUID (T5500 1gb DDR 7600 256ram 80 gb hd, wifi Dell Truemobile 1490)

Works all the hard perfectly, but card reader or audio... In addition i haven´t tested the PCMIA Slot...

I don`t need any os more... I love Leopard

Crazybyte:

1) Any luck with sleep ?

2) What patched BIOS are you using ?

3) Am still hopeful that Taruga's efforts will lead to a breakthru on sound beyond internal speakers: <http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75780>

Thanks!

G

My DV9063ea runs flawesly Leopard + EFI + GUID (T5500 1gb DDR 7600 256ram 80 gb hd, wifi Dell Truemobile 1490)

Works all the hard perfectly, but card reader or audio... In addition i haven´t tested the PCMIA Slot...

I don`t need any os more... I love Leopard

I can see that others have it working I too have it working on an old pc but not my laptop, not matter what I do I just can not seem to get the system to load the install screen. The bios is so limited, I have tried all the settings. Should I start pulling out cards from the laptop?

Again any suggestions I will try. (with in reason ;) )

I'm working on a dv6119us, which is similar to the laptop you're using. luckily, I have an external usb keyboard and mouse, otherwise I would've given up a long time ago. I did manage to get the wireless internet working by installing Wireless.Support.pkg (I believe it's the wireless pkg from 10.4.7). Wireless.Support.pkg.zip

It seems to work better for this particular broadcom wireless chip. Hope it helps you guys get your wireless working. It's a hell of a lot easier to troubleshoot if you have an active internet connection.

Just install the pkg, reboot, and then edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

find the part that says en0 and change it to en1. Also change the part that says <integer> from 0 to 1. Run diskutil to repair permissions and reboot. Your Wireless Lan should now work (although the light may not).

I've tried different graphics drivers (titan, natit), but haven't had any success getting QE/CI (Quartz Extreme and Core Image) support. I keep going back to the vesa driver in order to troubleshoot more.

The easiest way for me to get video working at all was to remove titan.kext or natit.kext (whichever one I accidentally installed)... remove the extensions.kext / extensions.mkext and reboot.

This laptop is operating on an nforce 430/410 SATA controller, so I haven't been able to get the sata drive working yet. It just freezes the entire system when it tries to access the drives, at which point I have to remove the kext and reboot. (Check out some threads on "nforce sata")

I haven't seen the sound work as of yet.

I was able to get the keyboard and touchpad working for one boot by reinstalling the ApplePS2Controller kext, but the next time I rebooted it didn't seem to work.

I think most of these problems have to do with the NForce motherboard. If one device isnt' working properly, it may block another device from functioning as well.

I know one thing is for certain... As soon as I get this baby up and running perfectly, I'm going to image the partition and make backup copies for an easy reinstall in case of disaster.

good luck, and let me know if you get any further.

My wireless is now working its a broadcom 4311. Compaq v6000. Thanks.

Hey guys, I have a HP dv1000 and I was installing JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 on it. I have Windows XP installed on it already and I decided to use Acronis OS Selector to boot between the two operating systems. When I restarted and I booted into Mac OS X, it just gives me a sign to reboot and cannot find ACPI driver. What is this ACPI driver? I am a complete noob in installing these Mac OS X on PCs, but I do know somethings. But, I have no idea what is wrong. This has happened twice with JaS. Do you know if something has to be changed with the BIOS? I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Oh, and sorry I don't know my specs right now because I am reinstalling Windows XP Professional, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Im running a DV9335nr took some wrestling to get the video drivers updated (nvinject installed with kalyway kext installer), but its all crispy now ;)

Sound works, keyboard and trackpad aswell (i wish the scroll bar on the trackpad worked though :thumbsdown_anim: ) Wireless doesnt, im seeing here i just need to get an external one? not my favorite idea, but oh well ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying for awile to get this system working as an hackbook but to no avail

any body having luck with any of the CTO rigs

DV6000zCTO

Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 AMD-V Enabled

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200

64mb dedicated 335 MB Total available graphics memory

160GB Total

Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN

Bluetooth

• 3 weeks later...

Presario V6000 user here. I believe the V6000 series are practically the same as the DV6000 series.

Anyway, tried getting both jAs 10.4.8 and Leo4All working, no dice. jAs wouldn't read my SATA hard drive (are there any pre-patched Tiger images with the nforce4 drivers integrated already? I'm having tons of trouble recompiling Extensions.mkext on the other Mac we have), and Leo4All gives me either the HFS+ Partition Error or the blank Command Line prompt. Fiddling with VMWare to do the Bootfix was unfruitful, as I got Block Error while doing this.

Running on the following specs:

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50, 1.6 GHz, 256KB+256KB L2 Cache

15.4" WXGA High-Definition* BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display

80GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)

1024MB DDR2 System Memory

Integrated 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) with up to 128MB (shared)

Can anyone point a newbie to the right direction? :P

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have been working on the tx1000 tablet laptop when it comes to leopard for the most part. the one I want to work on now is this dv9000

It use to work perfectly fine cept for the lack of the wifi. but I decided to build a fresh install. I used the Leo4Allv2 disc. and I got a few issues... firstly.

1.my video rez is stuck at 1024x768

2. no audio. I have no clue why it wont work now when it use to.

3. still no wifi

4. time machine is acting funny now

5. its stuck in verbose boot mode and takes almost 10 times longer to boot than before.

my original install was a kalaway 10.5.0 install, at which I eventually managed to upgrade to 10.5.2

sorry for all this, I was just wondering if some one was useing the same disc or if there is a specific one that works almost perfectly with this.

• 1 month later...
Well, the results of the patched Tubgirl ISO are somewhat hopeful. I didn't expect to get things fully working, just wanted to see my hd... and was the extent of it.

The patched image was able to see my SATA hd and partitions, but I chose to install on the external hd anyway.

This was probably the best choice because upon rebooting, the system started to freeze when accessing the HD. I simply removed the IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleNForceATA.kext and rebooted. After that, I was back to square one, but at least had the Tubgirl FINAL image.

Luckily, I had the wireless.support.pkg on my USB stick and was able to install that to get the internet working. I tried the latest NvidiaEFI, but it doesn't seem to work too well on this model laptop. I had the older version working but it didn't support QE/CI. So right now I've got 1024x768 and working wifi. Not too bad I guess. This USB keyboard/mouse problem is starting to bug me though. Kind of puts a damper on the whole mobility thing.

I'm going to keep an eye on the medevil NForce SATA threads as well as the NVidiaEFI threads. I suppose those 2 drivers are the key to getting things working on this hp dv6119us. So try them out, and don't forget about the Wireless.Support.pkg. Without that pkg, the wireless lan can't seem to find any routers... even though the device is detected.

Wireless.Support.pkg.zip

search for my username and hp tx1000 hp tx1285 - AppleNforce etc. I dont have that many posts here in that category

I specifically compiled an AppleNforce.kext for the hp tx series - MCP51 chipset or so - it should work for u as well unless u solved your problem.

aRt

EDIT:

Go here and try the drivers I compiled on my hp tx1285 using xcode 3.0 in leopard 10.5.1

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...5490&st=20#

cheers - tell me if it works - Ill be at on irc hackin on da t0sh. ;)

Hello, I have been working on the tx1000 tablet laptop when it comes to leopard for the most part. the one I want to work on now is this dv9000

It use to work perfectly fine cept for the lack of the wifi. but I decided to build a fresh install. I used the Leo4Allv2 disc. and I got a few issues... firstly.

1.my video rez is stuck at 1024x768

2. no audio. I have no clue why it wont work now when it use to.

3. still no wifi

4. time machine is acting funny now

5. its stuck in verbose boot mode and takes almost 10 times longer to boot than before.

my original install was a kalaway 10.5.0 install, at which I eventually managed to upgrade to 10.5.2

sorry for all this, I was just wondering if some one was useing the same disc or if there is a specific one that works almost perfectly with this.

Well, it's been awhile seens I was around here... so its good to come back to spread good news.

@tsukasa

For your screen resolution to be 1280x800 ( B) so good for everyone with a dv6000!!) use the drivers on http://rapidshare.com/files/109974152/tx1000Pack.zip

Follow instructions inside.

@all

Move on from old tiger isos like JaS, TubGirl, ToH, Uphuck... they were good on their time.

Use Leopard_AMD_EFI_rev2 and/or Leo4allv3

I've got excellent results with these ones, plus... it's Leopard!

For audio, ALWAYS use Azalia drivers, they never fail.

I got lucky, using kalyway (sp) I prepared the drive as always formatted set as ShagOS (0xaf) and installed. Worked first time out the box, wifi, sound, usb, everything! Even the external speakers.

Only thing that doesn't work for me(or anyone else i think) is the audio/microphone in/out jacks, haven't checked the 9-1 media reader yet, but everything else works perfectly. Specs are below:

HP DV6226us

Dual Core 1.7GHz processors

1 Ghz RAM

DVD-RW

i945 gfx

um... I think I'm forgetting something but can't remember what.

Nd

anybody got their webcam working with photo booth.

I have 6700 and my webcam works with iChat but not with photo booth.

-Sam

Photobooth won't work for you if you lack of QE/CI support from your graphics card.

Personally, with tiger photobooth window did open, but it crashed.

On leopard it doesn't even open, and gives me a dialog box that says it needs QE/CI.