HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

So I have sold my dv9210 in hopes to find a laptop that i could get it all up and running on. not being able to use the sata on the nforce 430/410 brought me to do it. ;) but if anyone has any suggestions on what hp laptop to get, to get it all up and running without the use of an external HD im willing to give it a shot.

So I have sold my dv9210 in hopes to find a laptop that i could get it all up and running on. not being able to use the sata on the nforce 430/410 brought me to do it. :P but if anyone has any suggestions on what hp laptop to get, to get it all up and running without the use of an external HD im willing to give it a shot.

The INTEL models of the dv6000 and dv9000 series work great, it's the AMD versions that have issues. Keep in mind that you will need a patched BIOS and different wireless card than is standard on them, but otherwise, you will be good to go. Look back a little in this thread to find a link to the thread about the BIOS patch (to get around HP's stupid wireless card whitelist) and find a Broadcom based card that will work (the Dell models are great, and show up as a real AirPort Extreme card, and can be found for less than $15 on eBay).

I have an HP PAVILION dv9335 notebook and want to report my OSx86 installation.

Here's what I have and what I've gotten working:

HARDWARE Overview:

Intel CORE 2 DUO T5300 Processor at 1.73 Ghz (Centrino)

17" TFT WXGA Brightview Display

2048-MB RAM

160-GB Hard Drive

Dual Layer DVD-RW with Light-scribe

802.11g Wireless

SOFTWARE Overview:

Partition # 1 100-GB, MS Windows VISTA Premium Edition

Partition # 2 52.4-GB, MS Windows XP Pro SP2

Partition # 3 6.6-GB, HP Recovery (for Vista)

OSx86 Installed on:

External USB 2.0 SEAGATE 2.5-INCH 40-GB Hard Disk

I'm running UPHUCK 10.4.9 VER 1.4i REL 3

I selected the following during the install:

v1.4i Main System

Drivers -> VGA -> nVidia ->

Natit 0.2

Titan

nVidia Mobility

System ->

USB Driver

SATA

Azalia Audio

Power Management Bundle

Intel Speedstep

The following features are operational:

GeForce Go 7600 (running at 1440x900) (no banding) (WORKING)

Sound: Intel High Definition Audio from built-in speakers (WORKING)

USB Ports all (WORKING)

PCI Wired Ethernet (WORKING)

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632M Reader/Burner (WORKING)

Firewire Bus shows max speed up to 400 mb/sec (not tested)

Serial ATA - Intel ICH7-M AHCI - WDC WD1600 BEVS (WORKING)

Top Media Buttons (volume and mute work, everything else is non-responsive).

The following features are un-tested or non-operational:

SD Card - (NOT WORKING)

Internal Webcam lights up but no picture (NOT WORKING)

Headphone Outputs / Mic Input (NOT WORKING)

IR Media Remote (NOT TESTED)

Wireless: Intel 3945 (NOT WORKING)

Bluetooth (NOT TESTED)

Dual-boot between Vista and XP PRO works fine.

Boot with USB external drive plugged in overrides VIsta/Xp Pro and boots OSx86 fine.

i tried to find info on how to pacth DV9000 bios to accept other wireless cards. Can anybody please give me a direct link? Didn't find anything here. If anybody have a ready patch bios that would be even nicer.

I gave the link to the thread in post #212 on the previous page of this thread, but here it is again : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...31474&st=20 In that thread (towards the end), you will find a rapidshare link to my prepatched BIOS file for Intel-based dv6000 and dv9000 models. It is an older BIOS though (F16), but works fine so long as you don't intend to put more than 2GB of RAM in your machine. I'm still working on patching the newest BIOS file, and I'll add it to the thread when I've tested it.

edit: the newest BIOS (F27) for our machines (Intel only) has now been patched to remove the whitelist. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry437966

HI

I have the dv2308tx (dv2000 series) and the Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i install and it seems to work well

except for the dreaded Intel 3945 wireless card and it also seems the headphone and mic - which I found out by blasting everyone in the Uni library before I relised!!!!

so the speakers work but not headphones

there is SO much info to sift through on this site - anyone know if there are any updates on these?

it's the Intel High definition audio card

cheers

Hi guys, First off, I want to say you guys are truly amazing at these things....

I have a tx1000, HP tablet PC, just wondering if my laptop can install MAC OS.

I have a installation disc but everytime when I boot up with that disc, it always

froze at the grey screen with the apple logo in the middle.

If by any chance, anybody has been in the same stage as I am and have found out

a way to solve it?

Just a thought degro. What type of HP do you have? mine is a dv6200CTO and I have to load the boot menu everytime I want to log into mac os x when the HP logo flashes on your screen at first boot hit the esc key and then select whatever HD you have your OS installed on. Works everytime for me it does get a little old but, it works....

Hi guys, First off, I want to say you guys are truly amazing at these things....I have a tx1000, HP tablet PC, just wondering if my laptop can install MAC OS.I have a installation disc but everytime when I boot up with that disc, it alwaysfroze at the grey screen with the apple logo in the middle. If by any chance, anybody has been in the same stage as I am and have found out a way to solve it?
What type of Prcoessor are you runnning? if you have an AMD processor you may need to start in Verbose mode. when it asks you to push any key to enter start up options, press anykey, and when it asks for your command type -v and hit enter and see what happens.

sorry, ridgeline. i must be dizzy or something. i accidentally posted this here. it was supposed to be in the tubgrl 10.4.10 thread. i don't have a HP. i got and ahtlon64 3000+ with 2.5 G ram... an ordinary home made pc.

HI

I have the dv2308tx (dv2000 series) and the Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i install and it seems to work well

except for the dreaded Intel 3945 wireless card and it also seems the headphone and mic - which I found out by blasting everyone in the Uni library before I relised!!!!

so the speakers work but not headphones

there is SO much info to sift through on this site - anyone know if there are any updates on these?

it's the Intel High definition audio card

cheers

Right now, what you have is the current state everyone else with these laptops is in. I've patched the BIOS in the Intel-based dv6000 and dv9000 laptops to allow using other models of wireless card, but I don't have a dv2000 series to test with, and the BIOS is different between the two of them. If you read through the thread I linked to above, you will find the information about how to patch it yourself, but remember that this information hasn't been tested on the dv2000 series and you are risking turning your laptop into a paperweight if you don't know what you are doing.

edit: I just examined the BIOS file for your model, and it is very different from the BIOS in the dv6000/9000 models. Following the instructions in the other thread WILL NOT work for your BIOS, sorry.

Just a thought degro. What type of HP do you have? mine is a dv6200CTO and I have to load the boot menu everytime I want to log into mac os x when the HP logo flashes on your screen at first boot hit the esc key and then select whatever HD you have your OS installed on. Works everytime for me it does get a little old but, it works....What type of Prcoessor are you runnning? if you have an AMD processor you may need to start in Verbose mode. when it asks you to push any key to enter start up options, press anykey, and when it asks for your command type -v and hit enter and see what happens.
Without any mouse or keyboard plugged in, it frozes when the message "AppleMTRRSupport: Enabled Write-Combinging for memory range C0000000:400000" comes outWhen I plug my USB mouse in, the forzes at "ApplePS2Keyboard: Unexpected Acknowledge from PS/2 controller.""ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream."There is one time when I was successfully get into the blue "Loading installation" screen, but as soon as I plugged my computer with the power supply, it stopped loading. Then I thought, my computer seems to work only if it is running on battery. I tried again, but it no longer works. Now it stops with the message:Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIThermal" has no kernel dependencyWhat does that means?

Hey, you guys, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have the HP Pavilion dv9410ca (AMD..SATA in it).

I used the latest Tubgirl image to try installing this, because it supports SATA. My drives show up fine now (by now, I mean I've been trying this for a week, mostly working all day on it).

The problem I'm having is I'm getting mostly this error in Disk Utility: "The Underlying Task Reported Failure On Exit",

and also, "input/output error", and "insufficient priveledges" when I attempt doing anything to the drive. I've already tried to reformat the drive with another program (partitioner off of Ubuntu cd, gparted off another, fdisk...), and I've tried doing extensive tests in fsck for errors. I have a feeling when I installed Windows for a moment, the paritioner screwed up my drive (there was a random MB floating dead center of it, and 3 gigs of space were used despite it being empty). I've tried everything I know to fix it, and I just don't get it. I can't mount the drive in Disk Utility either (though I'm not sure if it's supposed to be able to do that). Right now it's formatted ext3, although I had it as FAT32, and NTSF before. Doesn't seem to change anything. Maybe this has nothing to do with this, I don't know. :)

Can anybody help? ;)

Edit: I'm assuming the Input/Output error has something to do with the hdik error that comes up on my screen with every DVD. If anyone's willing to help, here's a picture: http://i14.tinypic.com/4ozteyt.jpg

I tried doing something with my USB drive, and it can't do anything to it either.

Bump..

I'm also wondering if using VMware would help anything. I don't know why I'd think that. I might as well try and see, instead of staring at this hopeless error. :)

Bump..

I'm also wondering if using VMware would help anything. I don't know why I'd think that. I might as well try and see, instead of staring at this hopeless error. :D

I think if you install the OS in Vmware, you will have no problem during installation at all. That's what I've done before I attempt to install it primaryly on my laptop. Thing is that, Vmware virtualize all your hardware configuration, you can basically "choose" your system configuration. That will certainly makes no errors with the OS installations....

I think if you install the OS in Vmware, you will have no problem during installation at all. That's what I've done before I attempt to install it primaryly on my laptop. Thing is that, Vmware virtualize all your hardware configuration, you can basically "choose" your system configuration. That will certainly makes no errors with the OS installations....

Yeah, that's what I was assuming. Or at least I hope it can avoid this inevitable error, and provide some kind of backup support. I'm sure this would install fine if I could just make the actual partition. I'm reinstalling Vista right now... I'm wondering if it will still work afterwards though..

It's at least something to do.

Edit: I'm formatting a partition with Disk Management in Vista. It's taking absolutely forever in comparison to other partitioners, but I assume it's doing it thoroughly. I hope.

I just downloaded The Mac OSx x86 Tubgirl 10.4.10

I am on an HP Pavilion 6000

AMD Turion

When I boot from the DVD A screen comes up that says press any key to boot Darwin / Mac OSx and no mater what key I press it just cycles through the window just keeps brining me back over and over ...

So I thought I might have a bad boot disk so I tried it on my Desktop computer and it works fine. When I was installing ubuntu on my laptop I had to type something special into the cmd console to get it to boot right is there something im missing?

I just downloaded The Mac OSx x86 Tubgirl 10.4.10 I am on an HP Pavilion 6000AMD Turion When I boot from the DVD A screen comes up that says press any key to boot Darwin / Mac OSx and no mater what key I press it just cycles through the window just keeps brining me back over and over ...So I thought I might have a bad boot disk so I tried it on my Desktop computer and it works fine. When I was installing ubuntu on my laptop I had to type something special into the cmd console to get it to boot right is there something im missing?

I'm assuming what it's doing is flashing an error message so fast, you don't even get to see it and it looks as if it's just going back to the same screen. I had the same problem... eventually I could see the error enough to read "Error prasing (something about parameters or something)."

Eventually I found something in the forum. It seems to work. Hit F8 on the booting Darwin screen, and type into the boot command: -v -x parms.

(If it doesn't work....) Another quirk with these computers: You have to select boot from cd/dvd everytime you want to boot the install in your bios (you press ESC on the HP thing when you start your computer, and pick your dvd drive) or else you get this 'invisible' error.I actually don't know enough to know what this error's about. You might coincidentally end up having the same problems as me. (Which nobody's helping me with :( ).

Well OK. VMware won't let me pick a physical drive. I get a beautiful grey box instead of a partition table, and if I actually get a table, it has nothing in it! This is once I make a second partition for OSX. I know it likes to be in first partition, but now it's not even working. I made this work before a couple days before, but don't how. And I guess I'm just too pissed and tired now to actually think about it well.

I also made a virtual drive just to see if it'd give me the same error as it does in native boot, and it doesn't..so this is definitely a hard drive problem.

Anyway, back to work....

Built-in WEBCAM; Haven't found this elsewhere:

Noted that the webcam built in to my DV9230US shows up in Apple System Profiler as:

USB 2.0 Camera:

Version: 2.10

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0x62c0

Serial Number: SN0001

Vendor ID: 0x0c45

Found an OSX webcam "driver" under Downloads at <http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/product.do?p=SN9C102>

Installs fine and provides a WebCam Monitor which includes video recording capability (no sound, but I expected that!).

Note that my camera was working in PhotoBooth before installing the Sonix software, and the Sonix software does not appear to change any low-level drivers, but the WebCam Monitor does appear useful.

G ;)

HP DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 Bios

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives

Belkin F5D7233 Ethernet Wireless adapter

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4iR3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working in OSX: Sleep; QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers, wi-fi (Intel 3945ABG), second monitor

What options did you select during koolkal update to 10.4.10? I have intel based dv9000 CTO with similar specs to yours but after koolkahl update I just get you need to restart message. I had 10.4.9 working and I was so excited, but I would like to be able to use ilife '08 and from what I understand that requires 10.4.10. Anybody have any suggestions or did I miss something?

hm....I have another question again....I downloaded another ISO, and now my laptop can boot up with the OS installation. By the way, I have an HP tx1000. When I tried to use the disk utilities and erase the pre-formatted NTFS partition, my laptop frozes, any idea on why this is happening?

I have 10.4.9 successfully running on a dv9000t CTO after following this forum, but bluetooth is a little odd. Here are my specs:

Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz

100GB 5400rpm SATA drive

7600 256mb

1680x1050 display (working correct res with CI/QE)

Intel ABG (obviously not working)

everything is installed on an external drive. Sound output/mic don't work as you already know so I thought I'd try a bluetooth headset. Apparently bluetooth works, I can connect to my phone, but the headset/A2DP profile does not work? Says my hardware doesn't support it. Any ideas on that?

I have a DV9060EA with Geforce Go7600 with 512mb and I can't get to install the right drivers. Have read this thread over and over and tried all hints, but I can only get in to OS X 10.4.9 if I install without any gfx drivers. But then resolution is 1024x768.

Any help would be really great. I've tried Natit 0.1 and 0.2, Titan and Nvidia mobility drivers. Even tried the 7600 drivers Diabolik have made.

Anybody have a clue what I'm doing wrong?