HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

HP DV6087ea

Cant Install.. anyone ? who managed to install with this specs please... message me.. thanks.. --

Microprocessor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 512 KB + 512 KB

Memory 1024 MB DDR2 667 MHz (2 x 512 MB)

Memory Max up to 2 GB

Video Graphics NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7200

Video Memory 128MB of TurboCache™ video Memory

Hard Drive 120 GB 5400 rpm - SATA

Multimedia Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem

Network Card 10/100 LAN Ethernet integrated

Wireless Connectivity 802.11a/b/g WLAN

Heres My Lappy Specs... thanks....

NOT DETECTED ON NATIVE INSTALL:

No keyboard/Mouse

SATA drive not detected.. :hysterical:

there is no such option in my bios.I am using version F28.Are u sure that something like that actually exists?

Microprocessor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 512 KB + 512 KB

Memory 1024 MB DDR2 667 MHz (2 x 512 MB)

Memory Max up to 2 GB

Video Graphics NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7200

Video Memory 128MB of TurboCache™ video Memory

Hard Drive 120 GB 5400 rpm - SATA

Multimedia Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem

Network Card 10/100 LAN Ethernet integrated

Wireless Connectivity 802.11a/b/g WLAN

Heres My Lappy Specs... thanks....

it didnt worked too.. :(

i just finished installing uphuck v1.3. I have a problem though. I can get through the installatoin fine, but when I try to load OSX, after the white screen with the apple logo and the loading circle thing, I either get a black screen, or a half color half black screen...then it freezes....

If this a video driver problem? I tried installing titan drivers through the cd.

I have a geforce go 7400 (128mb with turbocache)

PLEACE HELP!!! THANK YOU!!!

what's ur DVD image version? try Jas 10.4.8 patched version, it is very popular around here and it worked for me with the built in Nvidiia driver...it's an awesome version

using uphuck 1.2 and 1.3 ok.. ill try jas dvd.. thanks...

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the posts.I'm having an issue with my installation. I created an HFS partition on my main drive of 10GB, and the installer finished fine (I only selected Intel 10.4.9 and nivit .2 from the 10.4.9 uphuck dvd) but on reboot, when I get to darwin, when I try to boot off the partition I installed to, nothing happens. I tried -x, -v, -x -v parms, but it just refreshes the screen and goes back to Darwin. I'm following the guide at profit42.com - http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/04/07/os...indows-machine/ - and this wasn't mentioned. Any advice or suggestions? I also wanted to add, I went back to Windows (since it goes right back to Vista when I take out the dvd..) and installed the chain0 thing, and followed the directions at the link above, and when I select the OSX partition, it loads darwin, which counts down, then goes back to the vista bootloader screen. Sounds like there's some issue with who's booting first? I dunno. Help! :( Thanks in advance...

I've got a dv6119us, and so far the only way to install is via external hd. (usb)

without external hd, the install disc seems to go into a loop because it cannot find the harddrive. Most of the newer laptops have SATA hds within them, and I know that the dv6119us has the nforce chipset (nf4), perhaps your laptop does also. If that is the case, I'd recommend getting yourself a nice fast external usb hd to install OSX on. (check tigerdirect.com for cheap ones.) once installed to the external hd, you can use "dd" to image it to an internal hd as soon as the SATA bug is fixed within your installation.

i have the dv6305ca model and i know that when i went to install mac on mine i had to go to the disk utility tool and erase and partition my drive before it showed up in the install spot for drive selection. you may want to check there as i have a 80 gig sata drive in my laptop and it was the only way i could get mine to show up, you may not have to format it but you may want to partition it so it will show up.

hope that works.

now just to get my ethernet card to be seen. any one wouldnt happen to know how to get the broadcom bcm4315 on-board ethernet card to work would they?

Finally! I was able to install the uphuck dvd. I didn't install any video drivers, but now it work!! mouse, keyboard, wirless, audio, and the webcam all work!!

I have one problem though. my resolution is only 1024-768....:blink: I have no video driver currently installed for my

Geforce Go 7400

what drivers should I use to get the screen to stop tearing and get the full 1280-800 res?

ok so i dont know whats going on now but my mac is doing exactly what i was trying to get away from windows for. it was giving me the mac equvilent to a BSOD. i reinstalled my mac os 10.4.8 Jas dvd and just left the things that were defaulted checked, checked with out adding or removing any checks and after it installed and rebooted it came up and showed the mac screen and logo and had this bunch of coding on it and said that i needed to restart the pc and to do that was by pressing the power button for a few seconds or pressing the reset button (as if some one didnt know how to do that) so i did that a few times even let it sit for about 30 seconds or so and gets to same spot and bam pretty much MBSOD (Mac BSOD). so i dont know, and btw im posting this from vista thats installed on the laptop that i tried installing mac on, which is what i dont under stand. i can install ubuntu 7.04 and i can install vista ultimate and other versions of vista ( orignaly came with home prem but hated it so upgraded from a disk i have) and have installed mac twice before on this drive and not had a problem, other then not being able to install on a hdd that has a os already installed or else it just keeps saying error and shuts down. and does so till i delete all partitions and install mac on a clean drive. but i dont know whats going on the only diff is that the other two times i installed mac i had checked everything in the list, but the two times it didnt work i didnt check anything except the defaulted items that were already checked. any suggestions?

Note. im running a HP DV6305ca with a 1.85 ghz cpu and 1 gig ram.

I did a little experimentation with the VGA output. The display was NOT detected when I hooked it up, even when going to settings and doing detect displays. It would be amazing if I could get this to work but I have no idea how. Also, it'd be equally amazing to get the tv tuner card working, but I'm pretty sure that's a fat chance.

I updated inside the OS (JaS 10.4.8) to kernel 10.4.10 not knowing it would hang my system. So when I restart, the system hangs at the spinning wheel. I can access the mac partition from WinXP, can I replace/remove some files to get the system working again?

My system is a HP DV9055ea, T5500, GF 7600go, 1gb, 2x 80gb

can someone please post proper instruction on how to install Jas 10.4.8 onto DV6000 model.. i am really newbie so please help me out.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...allation_Guides

If these guides don't make sense, you might want to reconsider trying to do it yourself. It's not trivial to install but these guides are very clear. Search the thread for other helpful information.

Does anybody think it would be possible to use VistaBootPro to dual boot vista and xp, and then put chain0 in the XP partition to boot osx from there. 1st HD Part1: Vista, Part 2: XP - 2nd HD: OSX. Would the 1st bootloader to come up be the vista boot loader, and then select xp, then the darwin bootloader, where I could select OSX?

Hello other h@k1nt05h3r5 :)

I have an HP dv6000 laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T5300, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 160GB HD, Intel 945GM, and all the other wonderful stuff that HP laptops come with. Using the disk manager with Vista, I allocated a 30gb partition for OS X, then proceeded to do the install. It went through the install, but on first boot, i get the HFS+ Partiton Error. Anybody know a fix?

This is a SATA drive with three partitions

1) Vista (~110gb)

2) OS X (~30gb)

3) Recovery partition (comes with HP ~10gb)

just do like i did, vista compared to mac OS on the same laptop was about 1:15 in speed of booting so, i got rid of vista, installed xp, removed the recovery partition after making the recovery dvd and i freed my mind from vista's dual boot trouble that i couldnt make

i hate vista! i wish i could have bought the laptop without OS and be cheaper, but whatever!!

I currently have my dv9500t triple booting, Vista, OSX, and XP

I have two 100gig SATA HD's

1st HD: Part1- C: Vista, Part2- OSX (25gigs), Part3- HP_RECOVERY

2nd HD: Part1 D: Win XP Pro

1: With vista pre-installed, I installed XP on my second hard drive with an external floppy drive for the SATA controller

Installed all drivers

2: At this time I was unable to boot Vista, I installed VistaBootPro v3.3

3: In VistaBootPro: System Bootloader Tab> Clicked Windows Vista Bootloader> Clicked All Drives> Install Bootloader

4: I got Vista's bootloader at startup, XP and Vista, but vista wouldn't boot (corrupt winload.exe)

5: Fixed this by booting from my Vista DVD, selected Repair, and then Startup repair

6: Created 25gig Fat32 primary partition after vista partition

6.5: Put chain0 in both the C and D drives, modified my boot.ini for chain0 method (in XP)

7: Installed OSX on that partition

8: Setup osx, restarted, pressed any key

9: Selected C: drive, vista boot menu appeared selected xp

10: Set Vista partition back to primary, active in Acronis Disk Director

10.5: Booted from vista DVD again, and repaired startup, again

11: Now, the first thing I see when i boot my laptop is vista bootloader with 3 options, XP Pro, Vista, OSX

certainly stoaked

although no support for nVidia GeForce 8600M GS (selected intel GMA950 graphics at install), or Intel PRO Wireless 4965AGN

I wrote this in a rush, so it's a bit cursory, sorry. Hope it helps for other owners.

P.S. DON'T EFF WITH ACRONIS OS SELECTOR, OR IT WILL EFF YOU. (from personal experience)