HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Thx velvetbutter,

Because currently I'm in Australia and it's kind of hard for me to search for Dell 1490 card. That's the reason I am asking will the airport extreme card suitable for the HP laptop. I believe it would be...

On the other hand, from your post, does that means every broadcom card should work? or just the dell one?

I'm also in australia and was lucky enough to find the 1490. I did find a lot of other broadcoms at the same time on Ebay but wasn't game enough to try them to save $5. I think there's a thread somewhere on here with people detailing the cards that work and don't. The Broadcoms seem to be the pick.

Sorry I cannot help more.

I'm also in australia and was lucky enough to find the 1490. I did find a lot of other broadcoms at the same time on Ebay but wasn't game enough to try them to save $5. I think there's a thread somewhere on here with people detailing the cards that work and don't. The Broadcoms seem to be the pick.

Sorry I cannot help more.

Well, from that photo I've post up a few post ago, that one is the 1490 I found online, and I've bid that already. just waiting that card arrive and see how thing goes... without wireless is kind of annoy me.

But currently feeling so good using OS X 10.4.10, majority of stuff works, only few stuff need to be fixed:

1. I can't really turn my screen on when it's sleep, but then when is like extended (the one which power button is keep on blinking), I press power button and everything works fine, just have no idea why after screen saver and screen closed itself, I can't make my screen work again...

2. stupid wireless... need to wait till my card arrive

you know anyway to solve that problem above? I heard some people having same problem as well... but there is too much post talking about this and I can't really see one post is having answer related to this...

Thanks, you help me quite much already

Well, from that photo I've post up a few post ago, that one is the 1490 I found online, and I've bid that already. just waiting that card arrive and see how thing goes... without wireless is kind of annoy me.

But currently feeling so good using OS X 10.4.10, majority of stuff works, only few stuff need to be fixed:

1. I can't really turn my screen on when it's sleep, but then when is like extended (the one which power button is keep on blinking), I press power button and everything works fine, just have no idea why after screen saver and screen closed itself, I can't make my screen work again...

2. stupid wireless... need to wait till my card arrive

you know anyway to solve that problem above? I heard some people having same problem as well... but there is too much post talking about this and I can't really see one post is having answer related to this...

Thanks, you help me quite much already

Regarding the screen, it definately is an issue for me as well and from my reading for a lot of people. The screen will stay blank from a sleep. It seems to be a video setup issue.

Other issues I have:

Constant Fan (speedstep installed - so this could be the issue)

DVD burner not working.

Alright, I got it done and i must say im quite please with the results. I had to notch out a few pieces in the hard drive bay but I was able to fit a Western Digital passport drive inside (after i had removed it from it's case). I also notched a piece out so that the usb cord ( which is only like 6 inches) comes out of the bay and right into the usb port. We don't call them Hackintoshes for nothing. so yeah, there's a cord hanging out but at least im not tied down. Pictures to follow if anyone's interested.

Im owning a dv6205/ct (Japan) and installed on an external HDD (actually I saw my internal SATA HDD but didnt want to)

AMD Turion64 1.6GHz x 2

1GB RAM

GeForce 7200 works perfectly

Wireless LAN - Im using it to post

nForce4 LAN - doesnt work

And 1 more thing: App works slowly so I have a peek at Activity Monitor and it looks like my CPU is working over heat.

123.tiff

Im owning a dv6205/ct (Japan) and installed on an external HDD (actually I saw my internal SATA HDD but didnt want to)

AMD Turion64 1.6GHz x 2

1GB RAM

And 1 more thing: App works slowly so I have a peek at Activity Monitor and it looks like my CPU is working over heat.

did you manage to install thermal remove that thing? what sorts of things you choose by the time you install that?

On the other hand, I've just figure out in uphuck that install disk, he missed out Mail... will there be by any chance I can get it back, other than grab the whole jas version of install disk?

The CPU's thing seems to be solved. I swear that I dont know why, it suddenly turns back as normal.

Ok, next 2:

* AppleHDA -> I couldnt boot Ubuntu to dumb the file, anyone here helps me?

Vendor Id: 0x14f15045

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30b7

* nForce LAN -> it just doesnt work, not any response

napsters-computer:~ napster$ cd ~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release

napsters-computer:~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release napster$ sudo chown -R root:wheel forcedeth.kext

Password:

napsters-computer:~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release napster$ sudo chmod -R 755 forcedeth.kext

napsters-computer:~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release napster$ sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext

kextload: extension forcedeth.kext appears to be valid

kextload: loading extension forcedeth.kext

kextload: forcedeth.kext loaded successfully

kextload: loading personalities named:

kextload: nForce 4 LAN

kextload: sending 1 personality to the kernel

kextload: matching started for forcedeth.kext

napsters-computer:~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release napster$

And then...no improvement :D

AMD Turion64 1.6GHz x 2

1GB RAM

I was wondering as I have the DV6200CO which is more or less the same setup you have do you have any keyboard and mouse issues if so did you fix them and how?

Thanks, Mark

I was wondering as I have the DV6200CO which is more or less the same setup you have do you have any keyboard and mouse issues if so did you fix them and how?

Thanks, Mark

my dv6101tx works fine in keyboard and mouse, what sorts of issue you are having?

Im using a Japan's laptop, absolutely its really crapo with keyboard & mouse. Although uphuck said that the DVD has some kind of "PS/2 supported" but rarely I can use them. Lucky I have couple USB keyboard & mouse.

After you installed uphuck 1.4a I think sometimes keyboard and mouse work, yeah, but sometimes.

Now my laptop looks like a desktop with wired HDD, keyboard, mouse, even PowerManagement doesnt work :( Anyway, its performance is really nice.

Take a look: http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/668/macjd8.jpg

Hi guys. I have a HP Pavilion dv9575.

Specs:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo prosessor T7300 2,0 GHz, Nivå 2-cache 4 MB
  • Screen: 17" WXGA High Definition Brightview Widescreen 1440x900
  • RAM: 2048 MB DDR2 667 Mhz
  • Hard drive: 320 GB SATA-harddisk (2x160GB), 5400 rpm
  • Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8600M
  • Lydkort: 3D Sound Blaster Pro-compatible sound

I have just installed Tiger 10.4.7. When i boot up to Tiger, the "Starting Mac OS X" screen freezes.

I havent checked the whole topic, but have anyone of you had the same problem?

Thanks for help. :unsure:

Im using a Japan's laptop, absolutely its really crapo with keyboard & mouse. Although uphuck said that the DVD has some kind of "PS/2 supported" but rarely I can use them. Lucky I have couple USB keyboard & mouse.

After you installed uphuck 1.4a I think sometimes keyboard and mouse work, yeah, but sometimes.

Now my laptop looks like a desktop with wired HDD, keyboard, mouse, even PowerManagement doesnt work :( Anyway, its performance is really nice.

Take a look: http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/668/macjd8.jpg

That's a bit weird, even your Mac drive it shows at USB drive? did you choose any SATA drivers when you doing install?

my dv6101tx works fine in keyboard and mouse, what sorts of issue you are having?

I think it mostly has to do with the nForce 410/430 board so if you have an intel processor which I believe yours does you won't have this problem....

But, sometimes the keyboard and mouse and sometimes they don't and I have no clue as to why I have tried every hacked kext and no luck......

If someone can get the keyboard to work 90% of the time for me I will pay for it via paypal and I am sure others would be willing to contribute also....

That's a bit weird, even your Mac drive it shows at USB drive? did you choose any SATA drivers when you doing install?

I know. That the first time I can make MacOS runned on my laptop. But the second time I tried to install on my internal HDD... I could not even boot the CD with this message: "not found blah blah blah boot.plist"

Ah, When I booted into MacOS, there is some problem with nForce4 SATA driver. It always caught crashed whenever I access my internal HDD.

What to use for NVidia 8400M GS? Any drivers available for it so I can get 1280 x 800 resolution?
you can try edit the com.apple.Boot.plist this located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/add these two line.<key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1280*800*32@60</string>the number 60 is the refresh rate hope this help

I solved my last problem, the "Starting Mac OS X" freezing. But I miss drivers for sound, video and network. Does anyone of you have a link or tips for me to find them?

get the HP driver pack which is couple of pages before, that one having all the drivers you need...

i does use the hp driver pack from this thread on my sound issue, but still not working. my sound icon show up but the sound button on the the laptop multimedia bar show red. the volume control could increase-decrease but now sound coming out. also have try edit the Info.plist to 0x10ec0268 still not working

any suggestion?

my spec is the DV6506TX

core 2 duo 7300 2.0Ghz

sound: realtek268

network: is working fine (not the wifi yet)

Bios update to F.22(with out the hacked one)

get the HP driver pack which is couple of pages before, that one having all the drivers you need...

Tried to install some of the drivers in the "HP_Hackbook_drivers"-pack. But they dont seem to work. :D

bTo: Think we have the same problem.

I posted this somewhere else, but here you guys go.

Well after being a question-asker for so long, I'll finally change my role to question-answerer for a bit.

This is a guide on how I installed Leopard on my HP dv6100 CTO. Key components and their status are listed below:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 - Both cores working

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 - Full resolution support, QE CI both supported. Can't detect external monitor

Slimtype DVD A DS8AZH (burner)- Works 100%

Built-in Bluetooth - working

Wireless - using dell 1390 and it's working, detected as Airport

Sound: Built-in speakers work, headphone out/mic in works using a USB sound card

Ethernet - working

What can I say, everything I need is working flawlessly. The OS is running beautifully, so quick! I doubt the express card slot and card reader work, and there probably won't be a fix for it any time soon. As for the ether

So here's how I did it:

Downloaded and burn the ToH release.

Installed Leopard on top of my Tiger partition. I used this as a guide: http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/ but ignored all the patching info because ToH was nice enough to do that for me.

So now Leopard booted fine, but I was stuck with 1024x768 resolution and my wireless wasn't working. So I went to http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php and got the Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3.zip. I followed the instructions listed here: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4 . Rebooted and BAM everything was working great with the resolution, quartz extreme, core image, and all that other madness. The only thing I really wish I could get to work is the external monitor situation. If anybody knows about this, please lemme know!

As for the wireless, I swapped out the 3945abg for a dell 1390 and flashed my bios using this bios http://rapidshare.com/files/52109431/sp36368.rar . If you have questions, read this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...31474&st=20

Then my card was detected but wasn't giving me options to connect to a network, so I used this guide to get it to work: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=broadcom

11: Open up Terminal then type ->

CODE

sudo su

12: Then ->

CODE

cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

13: Then ->

CODE

nano -w /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

14: You should See this

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

15: change that to this:

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<integer>6</integer>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

16: then Ctrl-X -> Y -> Enter

17: Then

CODE

sudo reboot

18: After Reboot, Click the Airport Icon on the finder bar and click 'Network Preferences' It'll Say

Has Found the following Port

'Airport'

19: Click Ok then click the drop down box that has Show: next to it then click 'Airport' then click Apply Now and then, Click the Airport icon then select your Network and then Your Done

For the sound, I just plugged in my USB sound card and went to the system preferences to turn it on. The built-in headphone jack doesn't work, but using the azalia audio patch made my built in speakers work.

Also, sleep is not working and probably won't for a while (if ever). Just depends on when the smart dudes work their magic.

NOW IT IS RUNNING SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM!!! WOOHOO!

I posted this somewhere else, but here you guys go.

Well after being a question-asker for so long, I'll finally change my role to question-answerer for a bit.

This is a guide on how I installed Leopard on my HP dv6100 CTO. Key components and their status are listed below:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 - Both cores working

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 - Full resolution support, QE CI both supported. Can't detect external monitor

Slimtype DVD A DS8AZH (burner)- Works 100%

Built-in Bluetooth - working

Wireless - using dell 1390 and it's working, detected as Airport

Sound: Built-in speakers work, headphone out/mic in works using a USB sound card

Ethernet - working

What can I say, everything I need is working flawlessly. The OS is running beautifully, so quick! I doubt the express card slot and card reader work, and there probably won't be a fix for it any time soon. As for the ether

So here's how I did it:

Downloaded and burn the ToH release.

Installed Leopard on top of my Tiger partition. I used this as a guide: http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/ but ignored all the patching info because ToH was nice enough to do that for me.

So now Leopard booted fine, but I was stuck with 1024x768 resolution and my wireless wasn't working. So I went to http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php and got the Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3.zip. I followed the instructions listed here: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4 . Rebooted and BAM everything was working great with the resolution, quartz extreme, core image, and all that other madness. The only thing I really wish I could get to work is the external monitor situation. If anybody knows about this, please lemme know!

As for the wireless, I swapped out the 3945abg for a dell 1390 and flashed my bios using this bios http://rapidshare.com/files/52109431/sp36368.rar . If you have questions, read this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...31474&st=20

Then my card was detected but wasn't giving me options to connect to a network, so I used this guide to get it to work: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=broadcom

11: Open up Terminal then type ->

CODE

sudo su

12: Then ->

CODE

cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

13: Then ->

CODE

nano -w /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

14: You should See this

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<integer>6</integer>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

15: change that to this:

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<integer>6</integer>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

16: then Ctrl-X -> Y -> Enter

17: Then

CODE

sudo reboot

18: After Reboot, Click the Airport Icon on the finder bar and click 'Network Preferences' It'll Say

Has Found the following Port

'Airport'

19: Click Ok then click the drop down box that has Show: next to it then click 'Airport' then click Apply Now and then, Click the Airport icon then select your Network and then Your Done

For the sound, I just plugged in my USB sound card and went to the system preferences to turn it on.

NOW IT IS RUNNING SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM!!! WOOHOO!

Did you try sleep mode? is that working nicely as well? Because I'm having the same model as yours !!!

I guess all the HP machines (dv series), is like the best for installing OS X86

I've just got my Dell card... however, I'm lacking of the tools... to change it....

i've try install the Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3.zip to my dv6506tx and follow the instruction, after reboot the system just ask me to shut down the computer by pressing the power button. till i need to remove the kext by boot by the installation disk terminal. any suggustion?

my vga is geforce 8400M GS

i've try install the Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3.zip to my dv6506tx and follow the instruction, after reboot the system just ask me to shut down the computer by pressing the power button. till i need to remove the kext by boot by the installation disk terminal. any suggustion?

my vga is geforce 8400M GS

Try to follow that guide upstairs, and make sure do the post installation patch, see how it goes..

After I use the post installation patch, I don't even need to install any other kexts... everything works....