HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

I used uphuck 1.4i r2 DVD and installed Natit 0.2, Titan, andn Nvidia Mobility and get perfect 1680x1050 resolution with QE/CI enabled.

Does anyone have an answer as to what steps/method to use to get 10.4.10 properly running after using uphuck DVD or should we not bother with 10.4.10 and just wait for 10.5?

I did try my HP Analog/Digital TV tuner card & while it did not work with EyeTV, it WAS recognized as an unknown multimedia card in 10.4.10. Sooo my GUESS is that the slot itself is activated fine in OSX86, and a card with proper OSX drivers should work fine.

G

HP DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 Bios w/Bluedragon1971 patch

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives

Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working in OSX: Sleep; QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant)

I did try my HP Analog/Digital TV tuner card & while it did not work with EyeTV, it WAS recognized as an unknown multimedia card in 10.4.10. Sooo my GUESS is that the slot itself is activated fine in OSX86, and a card with proper OSX drivers should work fine.

Thanks for the info. Now to see if I can talk the wife into letting me get the card. That might take a while. :(

I did 10.4.9 on dv9207us and most stuff running nice. I have another CTO dv9000z using AMD chips and broadcom wireless card.

I tried to switch the wireless card so that I can get broadcom working on the dv9207us, but the system said "xxxx" that the broadcom card is not compatible.

Strange as both come from HP... Any idea about this?

Also I want to pull out the bluetooth module from CTO lappy, who can tell me where is it?

Has anyone tried the HP XB3000 Expansion Base on their DV6000 or DV9000 in OSX86 ?

<http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?product_code=ES234AA%23ABA>

Am particularly curious if the optional internal 3.5" SATA drive is usable/bootable in OSX86.

Available on ebay for less than 1/2 HP's list price.

G :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)

Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant)

Okay, I have a DV6000 Series (RX950AV) with, of course, AMD. I have a uphuck 10.4.9 DVD and when booting up, I get "Cannot locate Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist". I had a USB flash drive plugged in, wireless turned off, and the virtualization feature turned on in BIOS and I got some diagnostic stuff one time, but that was the only time I got that. I could also probably acquire any patched version needed for this. Has anyone ever done this on an AMD pavillion successfully, and if so, please post exactly how to get it working.

Okay, I used ESC at startup and it booted fine, although my DVD is poor quality and I need to copy it to a nicer DVD now that I am positiv it works. Roxio 7 and 9 only do Windows CDFS, and don't want to waste time pirating Nero (well, installing it at all).

Wish me luck !!!

start of 14th page right now!

I'm sorry, I've read the first few posts on this thread and I wonder if there are problems with installing Mac OS X on a SATA internal drive. Do I need an external HD? By the way, I have a dv6143a. :)

I'm sorry, I've read the first few posts on this thread and I wonder if there are problems with installing Mac OS X on a SATA internal drive. Do I need an external HD? By the way, I have a dv6143a. :worried_anim:
Your system is an Intel model, if my Google search is correct. You shouldn't have any trouble installing on that. Its the AMD models that seem to have trouble with SATA.
Was a solution ever found to the Ricoh card reader not working? The SD slot not working is about the only thing that is keeping me from running OSX 100% of the time on my dv9030us :-)I might just have to break down and get a stupid USB reader, lol
Nope, its still not working, and likely won't ever be. HP, in their "wisdom" decided to use a proprietary bus for it instead of simply making it a USB device like every other media card reader out there. You might as well get a USB reader.

since is the official dv thread...I'd like to summarize my attempts in putting the mac on my hp notebook in the hopes of getting help, and to help future owners of the newer dv models......here are the settings of my intel 6500t

- Intel® Core 2 Duo processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB) Santa Rosa

- 2GB DDR2 (2 Dimm)

- 383MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

- 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

- Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth

- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support

-HP Imprint (Radiance) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone

My first attempt was to use the uphucks image on this machine...but for some reason, it wasn't able to detect my hard drive at all....

I then downloaded the Jas image and thankfully it detected my hard drive and partitions, chose a few printers, additional fonts, X11, intel kexts, auzilia audio, power management, and nvidia n4...it installed succesfully....but after a reboot, it asks to hold the power button down in order to reboot which I assume is referring to the "kernel panic" that people talk about..but I have no clue what that is, or what I can do to have the mac os start??....this is the point where I am up to...any help would be appreciated......in the mean time, I am going to download other distros of the mac os and I will post back how those end up working for me.......

If you want to boot from usb and you can get it working, it may be a slow initialization of you extenal usb disk.

I've found a trick:

-When hp logo is shown, press as soon as possible "esc",

-when video switch to character mode showing hardware information press "pause" (you need to press it before internal disk and cdrom initialization)

-wait 10-15 seconds then press space, and wait.

-should appear usb disk both in the initialization and in the boot selector menu.

This has to be done every time you want to boot from usb

pay attention that your external drive should be with a bootable os

Eddi

Hey everybody, this is my first post in the forum but I've been using this thread as a guide for my installation of OSX on my dv6000t. I just wanted to post that my OSX install went flawlessly, save for the wireless (obviously) and the sound which required I download a the patch that Thade posted early on in the thread. Thanks to everybody for being knowledgable and talkative, it helped me avoid any problems that these sort of endevors always end up with.

ok guys, for all of you with a similar configuration to my settings above (especially with the newer 8400m gs), install xxx 10.4.10 osx86 , but dont install the nvidia drivers, that is what is causing the mac os to crash. xxx osx86 somehow natively supports the nvidia card as its detected, and i get no problems scrolling pages. only problems i have other than the intel wirless card not working is that 1) my audio card doesnt work at all....its a realtek alc268 which from what ive read is a problematic audio card ; ive tried all the patches out there, the azalia audio package shows the volume icon on top, but there is still no sound coming out, and 2) the webcam light comes on and i get a black screen..... if any one knows a solution to these 2 problems, i would kindly appreciate it. thanks!

has anyone had any success with wired or wireless internet? im on a HP dv6000 and i have everything working (usb, video, sound, dvd burner) except internet =[ which is a major bummer.

Hey everybody, this is my first post in the forum but I've been using this thread as a guide for my installation of OSX on my dv6000t. I just wanted to post that my OSX install went flawlessly, save for the wireless (obviously) and the sound which required I download a the patch that Thade posted early on in the thread. Thanks to everybody for being knowledgable and talkative, it helped me avoid any problems that these sort of endevors always end up with.
i know wireless doesnt work but can you get on wired internet?

has anyone had any success with wired or wireless internet? im on a HP dv6000 and i have everything working (usb, video, sound, dvd burner) except internet =[ which is a major bummer.i know wireless doesnt work but can you get on wired internet?

It would really help if we knew exactly which model you have. There are over a dozen different machines in the dv6000 family, and different ones have different issues.

There really should be a note in the first post of this thread stating that there is NO SUCH THING as a dv6000 or a dv9000!! Every model number is slightly different, and many have to be treated differently to get things working. And I really wish this thread could be split between the AMD and Intel models, because they have almost nothing in common besides the name!

HP Pavillion dv6135nr -- Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb ram, 160gb HD, lightscribe dvd -rw, conexant HD audio, Intel PRO 100/VE (wired) Intel 3945abg (wireless), running osx 10.4.9

really wish i could get internet on this thing, wired or wireless, either way i just want it =[

I have a DV6626US

Working:

* USB

* Keyboard/Mouse - Although the scroll on the mouse isn't working.

What's not working:

* Ethernet

* Audio

* Wireless - I know, it's because of Intel chipset.

* Video - Integrated Intel 945 - Anyone have drivers that work with this?

Honestly, if someone could point me to those 4, I would be a happy man to even use the laptop with ethernet.

I have seen quite a few drivers in this post, but I am not sure if those will work with my unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

( Can't wait to have a semi-working mac~ )

I have a DV6626US

Working:

* USB

* Keyboard/Mouse - Although the scroll on the mouse isn't working.

What's not working:

* Ethernet

* Audio

* Wireless - I know, it's because of Intel chipset.

* Video - Integrated Intel 945 - Anyone have drivers that work with this?

Honestly, if someone could point me to those 4, I would be a happy man to even use the laptop with ethernet.

I have seen quite a few drivers in this post, but I am not sure if those will work with my unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

( Can't wait to have a semi-working mac~ )

Well, even tough this is my first post on the thread (or in the scene at all), I've been following this thread since march when I decided to buy a HP pavilion dv6220la (AMD turion 64 x2, nvidia geforce go 6150, sata 120 GB hd, 1 GB ram, windows vista natively, nforce chipset).

I've done a really comprehensive research and gone trough a long road trying to get things work decently with osx86. I first tried with JaS 10.4.8 and i worked almost perfectly (yet sloooow) on VMware as a virtual machine.

Then I decided to go run it natively. I was worried about screwing up my laptop since hp didn't provide an install but a recovery disk. So I decided to run it natively from an external usb HD.

The only usb HDs that I owned were two iPods, one 20 GB 4G, and a newer iPod video. Naturally I used the old one. Against all I've read about, osx86 installs fine on iPod and doesn't kill it at all.

I got JaS 10.4.8 working on iPod hd, after realizing that almost every video patches provided with the ISO messed up with system's boot. If you want to try, it will boot but you wont have sound (even with azalia's patch), and you won't have any network connection neither ethernet or wireless.

Now, the real good news for you:

I decided to try another osx86 ISOs, and got Uphuck's Universal osx86 image.

After some unsuccesful trys, I got the right formula to get almost anything OK.

Right now here's what I've got:

*USB working ok (obviusly since I have OSx running on my iPod)

*Sound working ok. (no front jack panel altought)

*SATA internal HD recognized and readable from OS X.

*Webcam working ok.

*Wireless network card working ok. (it's funny that the wireless front led indicator remains pink instead of blue)

*nVidia geforce go 6150 Video card recognized (not sure if working), but without CI/QE at 1024/768 resolution.

*Ethernet card not tested with current install, but worked on a previous one.

*56 K Modem not tested (does anyone really care about it?).

*RICOH card reader not working.

*Built in Keyboard/Touchpad not working at all. (using usb k&m)

Well, as you can see I've got almost anything I expected from my HP's hackintosh. There're a couple things I would really love to fix, and I'm trying right now. These things are to get a bigger resolution, and to get PS/2 built in keyboard and mouse working(due to mobility reasons).

If someone could help getting QE/CI working it would be great cause then I could use FrontRow (right now I think it works but when activated, screen goes wihte until I close frontrow).

So, here's the recip to get things this far:

1.Get Uphuck's Universal 10.4.9 v1.3 install.

2.Install it with JUST the following options:

*10.4.9 AMD (or intel if that's the case)

*AMD SSE3 kernel

*RemoveThermalKext (or your machine will incredibly heat up)

*Power management bundle patch. (optional, to see battery status)

*Another patch that it says is needed for some AMDs (sorry dont remember the name)

*Azalia audio.

*nForce4 driver (REQUIRED, it will make your wireless card work!)

*All applications (at your needs), I didn't installed any of the System-Applications.

3.That's it, you should get a clean install with sound and wireless working out of the box, and with access to your internal SATA HD (read only).

I would apreciate any help on getting macFUSE to work so we can get write capabilities on internal SATA drive. (I cant wait for this so I can use my Vista drive as a Virtual machine trough VMware Fusion, or even my virtual machines created on Vista with VMware workstation!)

And as I said, there's the mouse/keyboard thing wich I think wont be so difficult to work out.

The only thing that seems like real trouble will be to fix QE/CI.

Regards, and luck to everybody here.

I'll stay around to answer any questions.

..TheOne..