HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Got this alert for Tiger, but actually got Leopard installed on my dv6226us. Everything works fine cept the audio in/out (duh) and mem. card slots. Only did the basic setup, created the partition as ShagOS (0xaf) set as active, and installed using the um... {censored}, the most popular image on torrents, can't think of the name right now. Starts w/ a 'K'

Peace,

Nd

• 2 months later...

I shouldn't double post, but since this thread isn't going anywhere right now....

I am on the laptop, it is specifically a: HP dv6409wm. It is a AMD tuion 64 x2, 1 gig ram, 100 gig hard drive, nvidia graphics, Conexant HD audio, dvd burner, broadcom wireless and multi card reader.

I figure the card reader won't work but shouldn' OS X install on this and work fine? Haven't messed with it in a while and want to try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have managed to get to 10.5.5 BUT I am haveing some issues with my video drivers, everything "SEEMS" fine.. but I cant seem to use the album flow and my screen savers seem to be extreamly chopy, any ideas as to why? I have the nvinjectgo, I just tried to install NVKush but no idea if it installed properly, how can I tell?

better yet, whats the best vid drivers for the dv9035nr?

hello, this is my first post and i come asking help, the problem is that i bought a HP pavilion dv 6871 laptop, the specs are:

Intel core 2 duo 1.83 ghz

3 Gb of DDR2 667

HDD of 320GB

GeForce 8400m gs

But when i try to install Tiger (10.4.8), it boots and then after a while appears a error message that says that the installation can't continue, i don't knpw what to do, please help me.

• 1 month later...
Anyone here tried installing on a dv9810us? I've searched all over the internet but haven't been able to find anyone who's tried it on my laptop.

hi there.

in your model not, but i just have kaly's 10.5.2 on a dv9780ez (no wireless and +/-and webcam)

and iDeneb 10.5.5 on a :) nc6220 (missing chipset fix...but no paperclip or external screen! )

P.S. I'm just one lucky noob.... :P

cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi HP mates...

i also own a dv9000 (dv9780ez)

got a couple of OSX to work on it but i stop now on iDeneb 10.5.5

just miss webcam,intel 4965agn and fingerprint reader and i'm just a noob...

of course i had to read a lot but "no work, no fun"...

feel free to ask, i'll try to help so i can give something back to all.

just don't forget i'm just a noob...

have fun

Hey guys iPC is a new install which worked for me i have a (hp dv9702ea) there is a lot od driver support along with a dedicated website with lots of help, it had been the only install to work for me and so far i have achieved (with a little time and a little effort) audio, wireless, full graphics supporting final cut, ethernet, built in webcam, all ports except firewire and audio.

http://######.com/ipcosx86/

Hi people,

I'm have a HP 6275 with NVIDIA Go 7400, Wireless 3945ABG, NIC Intel PRO/1000 PL, Conexant HD Audio.

I Installed Kalaway Leopard 10.5.2 with dual boot Windows XP SP2.

I dont test camera or card reader, but this is the minor of my problems.

Wireless doesnt work (i buy a Dlink USB Wireless DWL-G122 and replace the internal wireless with this new USB one, and now is OK). Sound is good and keyboard keys for sound is working fine.

My real problem is NIC Intel PRO/1000 PL.

I tried SmallTree drivers but nothing.

Every kext show in this site, i tried but still nothing.

Anyone knows or have this card working ?

Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Hi people,

I'm have a HP 6275 with NVIDIA Go 7400, Wireless 3945ABG, NIC Intel PRO/1000 PL, Conexant HD Audio.

I Installed Kalaway Leopard 10.5.2 with dual boot Windows XP SP2.

I dont test camera or card reader, but this is the minor of my problems.

Wireless doesnt work (i buy a Dlink USB Wireless DWL-G122 and replace the internal wireless with this new USB one, and now is OK). Sound is good and keyboard keys for sound is working fine.

My real problem is NIC Intel PRO/1000 PL.

I tried SmallTree drivers but nothing.

Every kext show in this site, i tried but still nothing.

Anyone knows or have this card working ?

Thanks a lot

this is strange. normaly the drivers included in nearly every distro should work for this. perhaps its not the kext itself that is not working?

i could send you my kext, but i'm not shure which one it is exactly

i know, not very helpful but i've got another question regarding to your go 7400. have you got external vga-out? what kext are you running? have you got 32-bit-colour depth?

its because that was a big struggle for me, i'm currently running 10.5.6 iPC and do have vga-out, 32-bit and so on but i can not connect a monitor if the laptop is running, i have to reboot, then it works.

plus, there is a pseudo-display when no monitor is connected. i know, there are some wrong settings in nvcap but i cant read the graphics bios under windows :-(

has anyone with a 7400 ever managed??

btw. i've got a dv6155ea, running realy realy good with vanilla, sleep and the right powermanagement.

and.. another problem. i was able to get trackpad-clicking in kalyway and iDeneb, but now, in 10.5.6 iPC I cannot activate it.. what can i do?

thanx, andi

Hi,

I'm new in this forum, and I would like to know if is it possible to install a retail copy of Leopard on Dv 6359 laptop.

Or, if it isn't possible wich is the best distro for this computer. I'm looking for the new iPC 10.5.6...

Thanks in advance.

CORE 2 DUO T5300

15.4 WXGA BRITE

2GB RAM

120GB HD

DVD RW DL

256MB NVIDIA G7400

802.11 A/B/G

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945

---

i was just thinking to myself the other day that it would be fun to run osx on a pc, and then i found this place. i was lurking here and simultaneously met someone on irc who is up and running with 10.5.2. he directed me in installing 10.5.2 on a usb hard drive. i'm running a hp dv6103nr. the install went fine, but boot from usb isn't working here (never tested before this point). it looks like an oem bios limitation (more like a flaw). i have the option for booting from usb hard drive in the bios boot order menu, but that same option doesn't show in the boot options along with internal hdd, floppy, network. can these machines boot from a usb hard drive? here's some info on my machine:

30BB motherboard

F.28 Phoenix bios

1.8 core solo cpu, (upgrading to core duo later this week)

512 ddr2 ram, (upgrading to 2 gb later this week)

any help or direction on what i should be reading is mucho appreciated.

i was just thinking to myself the other day that it would be fun to run osx on a pc, and then i found this place. i was lurking here and simultaneously met someone on irc who is up and running with 10.5.2. he directed me in installing 10.5.2 on a usb hard drive. i'm running a hp dv6103nr. the install went fine, but boot from usb isn't working here (never tested before this point). it looks like an oem bios limitation (more like a flaw). i have the option for booting from usb hard drive in the bios boot order menu, but that same option doesn't show in the boot options along with internal hdd, floppy, network. can these machines boot from a usb hard drive? here's some info on my machine:

30BB motherboard

F.28 Phoenix bios

1.8 core solo cpu, (upgrading to core duo later this week)

512 ddr2 ram, (upgrading to 2 gb later this week)

any help or direction on what i should be reading is mucho appreciated.

my usb hdd is a wd mybook. maybe booting from usb hdd is an issue with this model hdd or the location of the boot partition (last 30 gb of the drive)?

• 4 weeks later...

I have 10.5.2 installed on my DV6445. The main problem that I have is that it doesn't consistently boot. Sometimes it will hang at the error

2/25/09 11:48:11 PM configd[40] InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce

Does anyone know of a solution?

• 4 weeks later...

I've had massive problems with the 8600M GS on the pavilion dv9520eb. I was using iATKOS 5.5i and the voodoo kernel, I had tried everything.

seems that was the problem because when I reinstalled using vanilla kernel it worked right from the start (sound is completely fixable -ALC268)

The only thing that doesn't work is the wifi 4965AGN, but I'm going to get a usb dongle. (Ethernet works without fix)

Hardware:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz

2GB RAM

2x 150GB HDD (Fujitsu)

nVidia 8600M GS

Intel WiFi Link 4965AGN

Hi guys.First of all i wanna give my congratulations to the creators of the topic and anyone participating to it.I believe the new pavilion series is GREAT and it would be even greater with OSX runnin on it.I would like to tell you my problem.

I own a HP Pavilion DV 6105EU.It has an AMD turion,nforce4 chipset and a gefroce 6150 gpu.Here is my problem:When i try to install the 10.4.4 image,i get to the disk utility but it doesnt even recognize my Sata hard disk.

I would like to ask you,if i aquire the 10.4.8 image will i be able to "see" my hard drive? (i am aware of the vmware method but i would like to do a native installation).

Thanks for your time and help

hi i was having the same problem. i managed it by changing the hdd. you have fujitsu siemens>? because osx cant erase it and instaliantion cracks. i'v tested that wd and samsung sata hdd's are having no problem. now i instaled idneb 10.5.6 v2 ant it wors perfectly!!! still have problems with intel wifi 4965abg with integrated BT and proper shut down!! dose anyone have ideas>?