HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

anyone have a solution to get the sata to stop freezing up everytime i try to erase it , or install. disk util can see it. even after i copied a working partition from my usb drive i was able to select that partition for installation and then it froze up once i started

anyone have a solution to get the sata to stop freezing up everytime i try to erase it , or install. disk util can see it. even after i copied a working partition from my usb drive i was able to select that partition for installation and then it froze up once i started

That would really depend on if you have an AMD or an Intel based system, and possibly depend on exactly which system you have. Post some specs and maybe someone with a similar system can help you.

On that note: I REALLY think that this thread needs to be split up between the AMD and Intel models of these laptops since they might as well be totally different systems. There is almost no hardware at all that is shared between them, other than maybe the webcam! (even then, not all models have one)

I have the dv9210us. It's the AMD based model with the

• tl-52 1.6ghz turion 64 dual core processor
  • 17" monitor
  • Broadcom wireless
  • Nvidia GeForce go 6150 with up to 288mb shared memory
  • Nforce network
  • 120gig fujitsu sata
  • conextant hd audio

I had it all up and running for like 5 minutes off a usb drive. I used the uphuck 1.4a disk. I had the sata support selected when i installed and that did no good. I could see the drive in disk util. while i was installing but when i booted into OS X i couldn't. I tired installing the nforce sata kext to see if that would do any good and that's where i ran into trouble. i've reinstalled like 6 times with clean drives and still nothing. sata freezes if i try to format. The one time i was actually able to install on it, it froze at 3%. I have no idea what to do next.

I Tried to re-partition w/gparted live cd like it advises on the install disk and either i don't know what im doing with it or it doesn't work. it'll only let me make a 2gig hfs+ partition, no larger. but even then when i booted back to the disk util. it says that it's linux file system.

im at a loss here i've tried everything.

On a brighter note I did manage to get everything (besides sata again)up and running on my desktop computer with no issues what so ever.

so i am posting this from within os x. i have the computer up and running off of a usb hard drive but im still scrambling to find a solution to the sata. if anyone has any pointers i have the upuck disk and the tubgirl 10.4.10 disk as well. im just not sure which package to try to get the internal sata working

Built-in WEBCAM; Haven't found this elsewhere:

Noted that the webcam built in to my DV9230US shows up in Apple System Profiler as:

USB 2.0 Camera:

Version: 2.10

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0x62c0

Serial Number: SN0001

Vendor ID: 0x0c45

Found an OSX webcam "driver" under Downloads at <http://www.sonix.com.tw/sonix/product.do?p=SN9C102>

Installs fine and provides a WebCam Monitor which includes video recording capability (no sound, but I expected that!).

Note that my camera was working in PhotoBooth before installing the Sonix software, and the Sonix software does not appear to change any low-level drivers, but the WebCam Monitor does appear useful.

G :)

HP DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 Bios

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives

Belkin F5D7233 Ethernet Wireless adapter

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4iR3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working in OSX: Sleep; QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers, wi-fi (Intel 3945ABG), second monitor

Do you have it successfully booting from usb? Can you list the steps on how you managed this on your system? You have the nForce 430/MCP51 - currently, there is an SATA drive compatibility issue with this southbridge (specifically, with NCQ -- likely, but not entirely confirmed yet).

I have the dv9210us. It's the AMD based model with the
  • tl-52 1.6ghz turion 64 dual core processor
  • 17" monitor
  • Broadcom wireless
  • Nvidia GeForce go 6150 with up to 288mb shared memory
  • Nforce network
  • 120gig fujitsu sata
  • conextant hd audio

I had it all up and running for like 5 minutes off a usb drive. I used the uphuck 1.4a disk. I had the sata support selected when i installed and that did no good. I could see the drive in disk util. while i was installing but when i booted into OS X i couldn't. I tired installing the nforce sata kext to see if that would do any good and that's where i ran into trouble. i've reinstalled like 6 times with clean drives and still nothing. sata freezes if i try to format. The one time i was actually able to install on it, it froze at 3%. I have no idea what to do next.

I Tried to re-partition w/gparted live cd like it advises on the install disk and either i don't know what im doing with it or it doesn't work. it'll only let me make a 2gig hfs+ partition, no larger. but even then when i booted back to the disk util. it says that it's linux file system.

im at a loss here i've tried everything.

On a brighter note I did manage to get everything (besides sata again)up and running on my desktop computer with no issues what so ever.

krayziedev

Yes, i have been able to get it sucessfully installed off of a usb drive using uphuck 1.4a with these boxes checked (blue highlight indicates checked)

steps listed below

osx86installmenuchecked(web).jpg

• Insert disk, press escape to change boot order, select the dvd drive
    (if you just let it boot automatically it'll look like it's loading but you get some plist.com.blahablahbalah error, i can't read it, it blinks too fast)

• wait for it to load and disk util to format a partition to HFS (JOURNALED)
    (if you partition the hard drive in disk util. make sure Master Boot Record is selected)
    close disk util. and go back to the installer
  • Select the destination disk
  • Select the suggested options as per my example

• when the installation completes, press the power button or the computer will lock up. turn the computer on. eject the disk and press escape again. select the usb drive (or wherever you installed it to) press enter and there ya go.

with all those boxes checked everything worked out of the box except the webcam (which i did happen to get working on one install. i was able to take a pic of myself while setting up my account. i think i may have left the usb support box unchecked. there might be some conflicts with it.) and sata.

Hello!

"HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How to install driver for HP dv1000(dv1156cl), Chipset 855, i downloaded more of 100 files and don't work.

i created a hosting for this project files in

I need the "AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext" and drivers for my video card.

If your have any idea or file upload please to:

Thaks to all!

Well I have been lurking around reading everything that I could and I am now happy to report I am posting from OS X 10.4.10 I am very heppy and I am running 10.4.9 on the desktop.... My lappy is a DV6200CTO and is very tempermentle (sp?) I have the everything works, except I can not do anything other than read my Internal SATA Harddrive.... I had to tweak just about everything to get it to work, but everything is working quite well. I have a nForce 410/430 board and I believe that is my biggest issue. but with my dual core AMD and my 2 gig of ram it is a lot faster than my Vista..... I am currently running an external HD via USB and I only had a 12 GIG HD to put into the enclosure does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get this over to my SATA I have searched and I fear I am just out of luck but was wondering if anybody else faced this and just did not post about it.

I am glad to be a part of this.....

Big thanks to all the people that have mad this possible......

Mark

Hi, i have an hp dv6315 with a GeForce Go 6150 and a turion, a sata 120 GB disk.

I downloaded uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4a and burned it to a dvd-r.

My problem is easy (for now :2cents:), I can't get past the bootloader, it tells me "System config file "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple./Boot.plist" not found" and it gets back to the boot screen "Darwin/x86 boot..."

-v option gives the same.

Any clue ?

Hi, I have a dv 6458se (AMD Turion64 X2), I've tried installing osx to this machine with Jas's iso and uphuck's image without any luck, here are my details.

for Jas:

I install it as usual, checking AMD Sata kexts things, and other necessary thing, it installs no problem but I noticed that my keyboard and trackpad aren't functioning so I had to use USB Keyboard with USB mouse. After installing, it will not reboot with the error, panic (cpu | caller 0x001A3129): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU1, Type 14=page fault). So I did a hard reset (holding the power button down)

Restarted into my OS X booted with the white screen with grey apple of doom... and the spinny thing spins and spins and spins... and stops...

I've notice when that happens, I can eject my disc tray via holding down f12, which leads me to believe there is a display issue, but I'm not sure, I've tried booting in safe mode to no avail, and tried many other things including, cpus=1, the / sbin/mount... method mention up here.., nothing works and I can't get into my OS X.

I did a verbose boot and found a lot of ApplePS2Keyboard : Unexpected resend request from PS/2 controller, anyways.. I started a thread to get some suggestions and someone tole me to try uphuck..

for uphuck:

feeling a little happier because of a sense of hope, I installed it (checking almost everything) *I've recently read the post above, I'll try that out soon* and as usual, can't restart..

Manual Restart..

Boot in OS X, Spinny white screen... then something different, a drape falls down on my screen and tells me to restart my system in 5/6 different languages.

I've also realize, no keyboard(built in) and trackpad function and the f12 (eject) doesn't work... so I'm in desperate need of help, suggestions..

THANKS...

Well, I now have a nearly perfectly working Hackbook. Here are the system specs and the procedure that I went through to get it working.

HP Pavilion dv6426us:

Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0Ghz (533Mhz base clock)

1.5GB DDR2 RAM

160GB (really 149GB) SATA hard drive partitioned 108GB for Windows Vista and 40GB for OS X using Acronis OS Selector

Intel GMA950

Dell Broadcom 802.11G wireless card ( see this thread for how I got it working: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...31474&st=20 )

Built-in webcam

What works in OS X:

Wireless card seen as an Airport Extreme

Sound partially working: speakers work, mic and front jacks don't

Webcam works fine in most software but is a little flakey in Photobooth

All USB ports working

Firewire port apparently working (not fully tested, but shows up fine in System Profiler)

Built-in Ethernet works

Volume up/down and mute buttons work

DVD burner supported with Patchburn

Video working at native resolution of display (1280 x 800) edit: external video via VGA works 100% as well!!

Many remote buttons work fine (can control Front Row, but can't start or exit it from the remote)

Battery shows correct percentage, but won't show remaining time

Scroll area on trackpad works

What doesn't work in OS X

Sleep sort of works, but usually won't wake

Media Card reader (why the hell didn't they just make this a standard USB device??)

The rest of the Quickplay buttons

Modem

How I did it:

1. Installed JaS 10.4.8 with PPF 1 & 2 selecting only the base system, printer drivers that I needed, JaS Intel patch, GMA950 driver and Power Management patch. Booted and set up user account.

2. Installed pascalw's 10.4.10 update. On reboot, I only had a solid blue screen, no mouse pointer. Rebooted in single user mode and deleted all AppleIntelGMA950 kexts. Rebooted and video came up in a stretched 1024 x 768 mode. Reinstalled GMA950 drivers from the JaS DVD, rebooted and then had video working correctly again.

3. Installed Azalia Audio, Power Management, and a few other drivers from my HP Hackbook Drivers package (found here: http://rapidshare.com/files/49249006/HP_Hackbook_drivers.zip ). Note: DO NOT install the Speedstep drivers from this package with 10.4.10, it WILL give a kernel panic. I also did not need the Intel ethernet driver that was in the package, as my ethernet worked without it.

4. To get the touchpad scroll area working, I followed the directions in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ouchpad+driver#

I hope this helps everyone with a similar system

Wahoooooooooo

You guys are so smart.. :D I got my OSX to boot and I manage to do it with the suggested custom installation from the post above...

Everything (including trackpad,volume.. and keyboard) are working fine but there are just a few minor problems to fix..

1. The shuttering.. (or.. slow?) OSX, I have an AMD Turion64 X2 Mobile.. I think that is a rather fast processor.. so OSX should respond accordingly too? My animations are not very smooth and the screensaver can't really pan and zoom.. it just stays there.. and front row can be used but it is very jumpy.. :(

2. The resolution.. I got it at 1024X724? or something like that.. and I have a 15.4" monitor.. which makes the OS looks a little weird..

3. Built in ethernet surprisingly didn't work, I got wireless though.. I was kind of surprised as many people had built-in ethernet, I did try to replace the IONetworking kext though.. repaired permissions and still didn't work..

so if there are any solutions.. thanks.. a lot.. :P God Bless you people..

JeffHoi, it sounds to me like you don't have a real working video driver installed yet. That would cause both issues #1 & 2.

By the way, my next project is to build a custom OS X install DVD that does all of the things that are needed for a working HP dv6000 series (well, Intel versions at least) HackBook (as I described above). When and IF I get it working, I'll probably seed it on one of the torrent sites and maybe post it to Usenet as well.

That sounds great, bluedragon1971. If you need any help to test on a Pavillion dv6458se, I'll be willing to put my laptop for the development purposes.. :D

I sorta guess it was the issue with the video driver.. I have a Nvidia graphics card.. I'm not too sure which one.. but I'll check it out and report back..

as for the ethernet, I'm still having no luck finding out the cause or solution..

Lastest update

I can't use my built in keyboard and trackpad anymore except to adjust brightness. I don't know what went wrong. I could have sworn I was able to use it just moments ago.. I rebooted into Vista to use the internet.. and back to OS X and suddenly I can't use it anymore.. :D looks like I'm going to have to spend a lot of time tweaking this baby..

I'm sorry for so many messages, i really want a great fully functional OS X on my hp pavillion 6458se AMD Turion Notebook. I had it perfected in my dad's notebook, Dell Inspiron 640m.. with Jas's image..

:D my resolution still sucks and I have no clue how to get the video cards working..

Things that are not working in my OS X

NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (ethernet I believe)

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard and HID Keyboard Device

I'm not sure if my webcam is working but in the welcome screen i couldn't take a picture of myself, it was all black.. so maybe its detected but still can't function properly?

I don't have photobooth to test, anyone knows where to get it?

That sounds great, bluedragon1971. If you need any help to test on a Pavillion dv6458se, I'll be willing to put my laptop for the development purposes.. :)
Thanks for the offer, but I will only be targeting the Intel-based models, not the AMD-based ones like yours. I don't have access to an AMD machine (other than my father-in-law's Dell desktop) to test things on, only my Intel-based Pavilion dv6426us. I'll leave it up to some other brave soul to try sorting out the install problems for the AMD users here.Again, I repeat my belief that this thread REALLY needs to fork between the AMD and Intel models!!
I'm not sure if my webcam is working but in the welcome screen i couldn't take a picture of myself, it was all black.. so maybe its detected but still can't function properly?I don't have photobooth to test, anyone knows where to get it?
The webcam SHOULD start working when you update to either 10.4.9 or 10.4.10. It seems that Apple started offering support for some USB webcams with 10.4.8 (which is why the light comes on and you at least get a black screen), but didn't get this particular chipset supported completely until 10.4.9.

ok, here's my experience...I had Jas 10.4.8 installation working awesome, no webcam, no sleep, and the CPU temp. was around 40 C.

Updated using Jas update to 10.4.9, had webcam, no sleep, CPU at around 60 C which drove me crazy, so i updated to 10.4.10 (all with their new kernels) and absolutely no difference from 10.4.9...

I wasnt comfortable having the FANS working extensively, with CPU at 62 C, so i put in the Jas 10.4.8 DVD and did the installation all over again, LOST NO DATA, got my 10.4.8 back with kernel 8.8.1 and CPU working normally now...I LOVE 10.4.8...and the surprise is" WEBCAM IS ALIVE"...

After i rolled back, my webcam is working like it was on 4.9 and 4.10 versions and still no sleep, but at least im really comfortable now.

BTW, before upgrading, i did extensions backup and switched some kexts of CPUthermo and others to be able to make sleep work or Speedstep but couldnt get them to work although speedstep works on 4.8 now but i dont like it coz the OS is working great without it anyway, and i dont like to be prompted for password every 5 min when i dont even know what it's doing.

Just a quick note..... I installed the system to my USB as mentioned before so I guess for the time being I will just have to live with an external HD as I am on a 410/439 nForce, however I tried may different kext for the PS2 controller listed earlier in this guide, and have had a little luck. If I boot with the install CD in and my USB keyboard/mouse plugged in my touchpad and keyboard on the laptop work I can unplug them after the lappy boots but if I don't have both the CD and the USB keyboard/Mouse, I dont get a working keyboard and touchpad..... does this sound strange to any of you? I guess it could just be another MB related issue perhaps. Anyone else have this problem? or any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, in advance

Mark

P.S. I am using TUBGIRL 10.4.10 on a DV6200CTO

Ever fall asleep and wake up to the sound of your DV6000's (DV6205US/Intel) fan sounding off like a jet engine? The fan engages a lot and has done even more so since updating to 10.4.9 some months ago and the most recent bios update, which addressed an issue where the battery was overheating a bit. I am presently on 10.4.10. Like Youngi the temptation is to go back to JAS 10.4.8 but for the sake of compatibility I need 10.4.9/10.4.10. For those interested my setup is JAS 10.4.8 updated firstly with JAS 10.4.9 and then Koolcal's 10.4.10. Everything went smoothly.I am wondering what the best strategy is to keep the heat down. I need to look into Speedstep and the like, anyone know of Speedstep package that will work with 10.4.10? Any thoughts very welcome. :(

Like Youngi the temptation is to go back to JAS 10.4.8 but for the sake of compatibility I need 10.4.9/10.4.10

what's so special about compatibility on 4.9 and 10 that i dont know of other than new version of quicktime?

ilife 08 people said it should only work with 4.10 but others said not true, and using pacifist u can extract the installation file directly...that's what ive read, please tell me more.

Incidentally, I decided to boost my wifi by buying a Sweex wifi USB2 dongle, model number LW053. Just £12! Not many USB wifi adapters work but this one does. I installed the second driver down. http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html I now pick up many, many more signals. We're not talking a huge, huge difference. It probably won't work down in a cellar, even with a homemade dish attachment(!) but if you have poor-ish pickup it will move you to good-ish and reliable pick up. Very happy.

Hmm, after Googling a bit (dial-up) I have a feeling I'm going to have to go back to 10.4.9. Not sure I have the patience to reinstall everything! Does anyone know if Speedstep works with uphuck 10.4.9?

what's so special about compatibility on 4.9 and 10 that i dont know of other than new version of quicktime?

ilife 08 people said it should only work with 4.10 but others said not true, and using pacifist u can extract the installation file directly...that's what ive read, please tell me more.

Yep, ilife 08 was the obvious one, still waiting for my store over here to get it in stock, can't wait!

after Googling a bit (dial-up)

did u make ur modem work on ur laptop? i really wanna do that, anyone know where to find drivers? i think mine is a modem on audio BUS, conexant audio...any hints?

If you have a bluetooth phone and your bluetooth works on your laptop, you can connect to the internet through your phone with bluetooth. This requires some modification to the phone. And I also wouldn't recommend downloading on that connection.