HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Thanks for the fast reply!!!!

I had to perform the bios hack to get the laptop to boot with the card in, but it works great out of the box in leopard.
what kind of hack did you make to the bios? where can i get more info about this?where can i find the kalyway install dvd??

The following is an excerpt:

I posted this somewhere else, but here you guys go.

Well after being a question-asker for so long, I'll finally change my role to question-answerer for a bit.

This is a guide on how I installed Leopard on my HP dv6100 CTO. Key components and their status are listed below:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 - Both cores working

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 - Full resolution support, QE CI both supported. Can't detect external monitor

Slimtype DVD A DS8AZH (burner)- Works 100%

Built-in Bluetooth - working

Wireless - using dell 1390 and it's working, detected as Airport

Sound: Built-in speakers work, headphone out/mic in works using a USB sound card

Ethernet - working

So now Leopard booted fine, but I was stuck with 1024x768 resolution and my wireless wasn't working. So I went to http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php and got the Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3.zip. I followed the instructions listed here: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4 . Rebooted and BAM everything was working great with the resolution, quartz extreme, core image, and all that other madness. The only thing I really wish I could get to work is the external monitor situation. If anybody knows about this, please lemme know!

NOW IT IS RUNNING SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM!!! WOOHOO!

First off, hello to all fellow HP / Compaq laptop owners using MAC OS 8X6! I started this thread almost a year ago when I was trying to get this to work with the JaZ 10.4.11 version and it just wasn't meant to be. So I haven't been on the forum for like 7 months. I'm happy to see the thread going strong, and ecstatic to say (thanks to Niddy's post here), I now have 1680 X 1050, 512MB and full Core Image and Quartz Extreme!!!! WOW Thank you to EVERYONE who has made this possible! :) I'm really still in shock. Last I heard it was probably going to take hacking the BIOS to make it work, and on a laptop, very risky, if even possible. I see others with add-in cards having to flash, and can't believe a way was found to make it work AND not have to hack / flash. Incredible!

On the sleep issue, I went into System Preferences, Energy Saver, and set all settings to never. On another forum, Dragon found PMSET to deal with this more effectively: PMSET

Ok, now I have to get to work and get my sound, wireless, and what ever else is still broken yet douable working.

Good for you, i already given up hope on my Compaq presario v3000. I wish i could have tiger and leopard working in different partition but i dont even know how to crack bios or disabled one core to begin with.

My notebook V3205TU core2duo T5600 1.8Ghz Sata HDD IMGA950 IntelProwireless3945a

Appreciate if you can point me to the right link/guide to save time. Perhaps which iso to get for latest tiger and latest leopard. Thanks

Hi I have a Dv9000t

iATKOS, EFI with stock kernel and NO stock ACPIPlatform kernel extension.

Core2Duo 7200 both care working

GeForce Go 7600 work 100% and great ( just no external display)

Sound (keyborad controls are working even), no mic

wireless ( hacked bios with broadcom 4311 mini-PCI card) working great

shutdowns, Sleep, restart working great

Temp and heat controlled I hear the fan run higher when they need to.

I have two problems that I do not know why because the system iinformation show they are detected with the proper hardware configation First the Firewire I think it is working but they is something like a block on it I attached a Firewire drive and it picked up but did not mount although system information showes every thin working properly !!!!. Second the Ethernet the driver is their every thing is there but always say the cable in upluged although I put the cable and the lights go on. These used to work with Tiger !!!.

Do any one have an idea how to fix these and if someone experiencing the same thing.

thank you all

Empra

Edit : the firewire works now and I found out also the lightscribe is working on the DVD burner !!! no ethernet yet

Hi, I have dv9000t

I just wanted to say to everyone thanks for helping in this forum!

Edit: finally got both kaly and iatkos to work!

also, i can't get gparted to boot in dv9000t, it almost gets there, then the screen becomes a garbled mess.

Edit: but i can still blind type: Forcevideo; vesa; 1024x768 and get to gparted ok.

one annoying thing about leopard install is when the disk stops spinning for me, it won't start back, so even if install is active, i have to sit there and move the cursor or tap a key. is there anything i can do to keep the disk from stopping and freezing the install?

I have a dv9000 and I'm just double checking. Can I boot from an external HDD? I read that some people seemed able to and some others could not. I'm so amazed there is an entire group dedicated to getting this to run on the dv9000.

i have the hp dv6000 AMD turion 64 x2 etc etc

i tried booting the JAs 10.4.7 dvd amd-intel and when it comes to the gray apple screnen and the little thing that goes in cricles tells u that its loadin

that thing kinda never comes..the cricle.. never comes.. screen comes... it come sometimes and gets stuck.. and soemtimes never comes... and when the loading doesn't happen im able to remove the dvd ... as we all know.. u can't remove the dvd while its booting

i was able to install os on my usb hdd but the install hung up right at the end but h/o i was able to boot from the dvd and when i tried to install again.. it wont boot the dvd ... i guess it stops spinning after a while

also it doesn't detect my SCSI HDD.. fujitsu mhw2160bh PL SCSI device. but that aside for now i need to work with this dvd booting issue.. y wouldn't it boot

and also ps/2 error when i did -v -x parms ;).. lol

thanks

Anyone got the keyboard/trackpad working? I heard it has to do with ApplePS2Controller.kext, but I still haven't found a solution yet. I am currently using external mouse/keyboard. If anyone knows a solution to get your laptop built-in keyboard and trackpad working, that'll be GREAT! Thanks

I have a dv9408 AMD Notebook with an nforce chipset. Curious what i;m going to have to do to get this thing to see my hard drive. I've tried both the jas 10.4.8 and Uphuck 10.4.9 both with no avail... I'm going a little nuts at this point.

Is there a way to inject the kext onto an install dvd? or are the leopard dvds more nforce friendly?

thanks for any help everyone. I look forward to fighting my way through this.

I bought a Dell Truemobile 1490, for replacing my wireles card on mi DV9063ea (Intel T5500, 7600 256 ram Phoenix Bios...) I will have any problem with bios? Thanks in advance

Search for BlueDragon 1971 as he posted a modified bios that works like a charm! :D Also someone posted a bios modding program but i was too chicken to try that as bad bios means no booting, i.e. lappy becomes door stop. :D

I just confirmed that Bluedragon1971's most excellent patched F27 BIOS (see <http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31474&pid=437966&mode=threaded&start=#entry437966>) is still available at <http://rapidshare.com/files/52109431/sp36368.rar>.

Note that F27 is no longer the latest BIOS for our Core 2 Duo machines...HP is up to F29...but i have had no difficulty with this patched F27.

G

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)

Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant)

hey, can anyone help me i have a dv6000 hp pavilion laptop and JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 and im trying to get my intel pro wirless card 3945a/b/g to work this is what i did

1. go 3945a/b/g form iwidarwin

2. installed mac os x 10.4.8 form jas and put network selector in my c drive is that right?

3. then i finally installed the package from the .DMG i restarted my computer and everything worked fine.

4. then i go into network selector (in c drive) and typed in turn wireless card on then all it does is keep going down and doesnt do anything

5. i try to type 1 or 1) in the network selector but same thing happens its really anoyying

6. once again wireless card is not loaded as an airport

can anyone help please? if you can post here or better yet pm me on how to fix it or where i can ask someone and also some solutions. ask any question you want from me that would help my case thank you so much.

-Ethan

p.s. if i posted this in the wrong toppic please move it.

First of all, I wanna say "Hello" with my first topic, and i wanna send "Thank you's" to all of you who will help me find the answers.

Here are my Laptop specs :

COMPAQ Presario V6000 Revision 1 - ( V6024 EA, purchased in Spain )

Motherboard chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Controller

BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.13 07/11/2006

Hard drive : 100GB SATA - FUJITSU MHV2100BH ( 3 PARTITIONS : C = 40 gb (NTFS), D = 50 gb (NTFS), E = 5,89 gb (FAT32 = Recovery Partition)

Processor : AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 @ 1600 Mhz

RAM : 2048 GB

Audio: Conexant High Definition Audio

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

I would place myself in Windows knowledge around intermediate level (installed windows a few times, resized partitions, etc), but in the Apple MAC Operating System and Hackintosh, I'm a total novice, one of those guys who needs to read "Hackitosh for Dummies" smile.gif (many many times)

Here's what I wanna do : I wanna be able to install a version of OSX 86 , in which THE SOUND TO WORK, because all i need the laptop for is MUSIC. I am planning to install Logic Pro 8, or Logic Express 8, so THIS IS ALL I NEED.

I WILL ALSO USE THE LAPTOP FOR MAC EXCLUSIVELY, SO NO DUAL BOOT.

I will not be disappointed if other things won't work, as long as SOUND will work and the LOGIC software. I can live without wireless, as I have a secondary desktop thats online almost 24/7.

Now my question is : did ANYONE managed to make osx work on this specs ? ( even if, with no working bluetooth and wireless ? )

If yes, WHICH VERSION ? - I am now in the process of downloading three separate versions of osx 86 : kalyway_leo_10.5.1, iatkos_v1.0i_osx86_leopard_10.5.1_efi_boot_loader, and jas 10.4.8 with sse2 and sse3 for amd.

In case there is one version out there which works on the technical specs mentioned above, could anyone point me in the right direction ?

As I've read the Read Me first Topic, I understand that the majority of this forum members are intelligent gifted people (not anyone is making from hacking a hobby), so as expected, in most situations clever people are busy. This being said, I don't expect anyone to spoon feed me, but some LINKS RELATED TO THE ABOVE SPECS, with guides for a beginners and novices, would be too much to ask ?

I know it might sound lame, but after many sleepless nights of searching the forum, I couldn't find the answers.

I am very very tired, I know that many of you are as well. so I do apologize if I didn't post this topic in the right section.

Thank you very very much, I hope I will eventually rich the end of the tunnel with your help.

Greetings from Spain.

hey, can anyone help me i have a dv6000 hp pavilion laptop and JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 and im trying to get my intel pro wirless card 3945a/b/g to work this is what i did

1. go 3945a/b/g form iwidarwin

2. installed mac os x 10.4.8 form jas and put network selector in my c drive is that right?

3. then i finally installed the package from the .DMG i restarted my computer and everything worked fine.

4. then i go into network selector (in c drive) and typed in turn wireless card on then all it does is keep going down and doesnt do anything

5. i try to type 1 or 1) in the network selector but same thing happens its really anoyying

6. once again wireless card is not loaded as an airport

can anyone help please? if you can post here or better yet pm me on how to fix it or where i can ask someone and also some solutions. ask any question you want from me that would help my case thank you so much.

-Ethan

p.s. if i posted this in the wrong toppic please move it.

Do yourself a favor like I did, buy a 1490 off ebay $10 shipped, apply BlueDragon1971's modded bios , or mod your own (follow directions in thread) and turn on lappy :) ,Save the grief for other device.

hey i think ill do that buy the 1490 but two problems

1. how much is it?

2. i once tried openeing my dv6000 hp pavilion but i cant seem to find where the wifi card is help man

p.s. thanks alot for the advice if i buy that thing and install it i should have mac os x with internet compatibility at no time!

I have a dv9008nr... please don't laugh... and i have attempted to install iatkos 10.5 and JAS 10.4.8 only to stop at the select drive screen. this sucks because it works and gives me hope until it can't find SATA devices. oh well, so im going to borrow a usb drive tomorrow and try installing to that and then ?pasting? that drive to the onboard SATA after installation. But so far my resolution is kinda low but easily readable. i like the installer(s), they are very easy to use.

if anyone has one of these 9008nr mules working, shout.

i also know now why apple charges so much for the "mac experience" how many people have had problems here with drivers and such?