HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Wow - you guys rock, making a thread just for HP notebook owners!!! So here's my deal:

HP dv9233cl (Intel Core 2 T5500)

2 x 120gb drives

nVidia Go 7600

Intel 3945

I am currently running Vista Home Premium on C: drive and have already reinstalled it twice due to problems with UAC, so I'm ready for a change. I want to install OS X on the second drive and run a dual boot system.

Seems like a few of you have made all this work on your notebooks, so I'm ready to try as well. That is - as soon as my .iso completes downloading (sigh). I am currently downloading ToH_x86_9A581_RC2 and it is taking forever. I am a noob to Mac, so I will be referring to this thread quite a bit.

Does anyone have experience with the ToH dvd I mentioned above? And would you agree that installing this on the second drive is the best way to go?

DV 9033cl installed Jas 10.4.8 on second drive ( FAT 32, 15 Gb, set active, partitioned from JAS DVD )

Dualboot WinXP and OSX - enabled with chain0 trick...

Native res - 1440x900 both C/G enabled.

Wired LAN works

tachPad / keyboard works

usb bluetooth Billionton - OK

Audio - looks GRAY, and no sound... but Vol keys works.... also on remote.

I plugged in external Creative EXTIGY - all settings turned enabled, but still no sound. I will apply AZALIAAudio patch shortly... or may be better try to install MACOSX again with external card pluged in. Any advise ?

Also Iwill try to apply Wireless broadcom patch....

actually I need only Audio.. to fill good on HackMac...

But the laptop have camera, card slots...

bkDimArk@hotmail.com

Skype - Dim

Okies...I know that the AMD chips are not compatable with some versions of Uphuck, so I am curious as to which one will do the best for my system. Also, can someone tell me what compatability issues I may face with this system? This will be my second attempt at OSx86ing, but the first on this system. I am so excited to even have this one running. It was constantly shutting off and I was quoted almost $200 to fix it, only to find the part off eBay for 13 bucks! So since in the mean time I replaced this one with a newer Dell, I figured, why not Hackintosh this one first (while I wait for a different drive for the Dell).

Anyway, here are my specs. The first ones are from HP, the rest from my device manager.

US Product Number:

EC358UA#ABA

Microprocessor:

2.0GHz AMD Athlon™64 Processor 3200+ with PowerNow!™ Technology

Microprocessor Cache:

512KB L2 Cache

Memory:

512MB 333MHz DDR System Memory (2 Dimm)

Memory Max:

2048MB

Video Graphics:

ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M IGP

Video Memory:

128MB DDR (dedicated)

Hard Drive:

100GB (4200RPM) Hard Drive

Diskette Drive:

None

Multimedia Drive:

DVD±R/RW and CD-RW Combo Drive with Double Layer Support

Display:

15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display

Fax/Modem:

high speed 56k modem

Network Card:

Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless Conectivity:

54g™ 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM / SpeedBooster™ and BroadRange™ support

Sound:

Altec Lansing

Keyboard:

101-key compatible & 3 Quick Launch Bottons

Pointing Device:

Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots:

1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

1 Type I/II 32-bit card bus (also support 16-bit)

External Ports:

4 Universal Serial Bus USB 2.0

1 VGA (15-pin)

1 RJ-11 (modem)

1 TV-Out (S-video)

1 RJ -45 (LAN)

1 Expansion Port 2 connector

1 headphone-out

1 microphone-in

1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)

Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Power:

120W AC adapter

8-Cell Lithium-Ion (65Whr)

From Windows Device Manager:

Batteries:

Microsoft AC Adapter

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Computer:

ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Disk Drives:

FUJITSU MHU2100AT

Display Adapters:

ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series

DVD/CD-ROM Drives:

HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N

IDE ADA/ATAPI Controllers:

Primary IDE Channel

Secondary IDE Channel

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers:

Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Keyboards:

Quick Launch Buttons

Mice and Other Pointing Devices:

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Modems:

AC97 Data Fax SoftModem with SmartCP

Monitors:

Default Monitor

Default Monitor

Plug and Play Monitor

Network Adapters:

1394 Net Adapter

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

PCMCIA Adapters:

Texas Instruments PCIxx21/x515 Cardbus Controller

PCMCIA and Flash Memory Devices:

Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

Processors:

AMD Athalon™ 64 Processor 3200+

Secure Digital Host Controllers:

SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

Sound, Video, and Game Controllers:

Audio Codecs

Conexant AC-Link Audio

Legacy Audio Drivers

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Media Control Devices

Video Codecs

System Devices:

ACPI Fixed Feature Button

ACPI Lid

ACPI Power Button

ACPI Thermal Zone

ATI SMBus

Direct Memory Access Controller

ISAPNP Read Data Port

Microcode Update Devide

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

Microsoft Composite Battery

Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver

Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI

Motherboard Resources

Motherboard Resources

Numeric Data Processor

PCI Bus

PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge

PCI Standard ISA Bridge

PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge

Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

Programmable Interrupt Controller

System Board

System CMOS/Real Time Clock

System Speaker

System Timer

Terminal Service Device Redirector

Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

Thanks all for the help!

Jennifer

- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB) Merom

- 2GB DDR2 (2 Dimm)

- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

- 2 x 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

- Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth™

- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support

-HP Imprint (Radiance) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone

Hello Folks,

I am attempting to setup a dual boot on my dv9500 w/ vista home premium (pre-installed) and osx 10.4.10 per vic21's recommendation. I setup a 25 GB primary active partition using vista's diskpart and then attempt to run the OSX DVD install (Kalyway 10.4.10 (IntelSSE3 + V1.1_AMD&SSE2_Patch+fixes)), it lets me select the language but when I get to volume selection/disk utility, the disk utility nor the installation is able to see any drive other than the dvd drive. Does anything need to be done in the BIOS for SATA when attempting to install on a SSE3 intel? It seems by previous posts that some (vic21?) have been successful getting osx to install on a sata partition?

My disks are setup as follows

DISK0 - Partition 1 (78GB) Partition 2 OSX (25 GB) Partition 3 HP_RECOVERY (8 GB)

DISK1 - Partition 1 - NTFS data (111GB)

Okay, I ditched the Kalyway 10.4.10 iso and grabbed the xxx_osx86_10.4.10 and it installed perfectly. I left the packages default (**Did not use addt'l video card support**) and let it do its thing. I used tboot to setup dual boot, and so far so good, which booted as expected.

The problems that I am seeing so far are no audio, video at 32mb, and no wireless. Ill post shortly once I get a chance to mess with it.

OK, here's an odd problem that I have not seen on this thread or others just yet:

I have a dv9233cl with Vista on drive 0 and OSX 10.4.8 (JaS) on drive 1, using EasyBCD for dual boot. After I work in OSX, shut down, then boot into Vista, the time in Vista several hours (7, to be exact) than before (OSX is keeping proper time). I can change it in Vista and it's fine, but once I go back to OSX, the tim will be incorrect again when I return to Vista. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Also, I tried the Webcam solution back a few threads and OSX does not recognize my webcam. According to Device Manager, the driver for the HP Pavilion Webcam is from Ricoh. Anyone else able to correct this?

Anyone? Bueller?

Now on 10.4.10 and problem remains with BIOS clock changing after booting to OSX and then going back to Vista. The time is not only incorrect in Vista, but also in BIOS. Does anyone have ideas? I'm thinking possibly the dual-boot loader or EasyBCD?

• 2 weeks later...
I posted this somewhere else, but here you guys go.

Well after being a question-asker for so long, I'll finally change my role to question-answerer for a bit.

This is a guide on how I installed Leopard on my HP dv6100 CTO. Key components and their status are listed below:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 - Both cores working

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 - Full resolution support, QE CI both supported. Can't detect external monitor

Slimtype DVD A DS8AZH (burner)- Works 100%

Built-in Bluetooth - working

Wireless - using dell 1390 and it's working, detected as Airport

Sound: Built-in speakers work, headphone out/mic in works using a USB sound card

Ethernet - working

What can I say, everything I need is working flawlessly. The OS is running beautifully, so quick! I doubt the express card slot and card reader work, and there probably won't be a fix for it any time soon. As for the ether

So here's how I did it:

Downloaded and burn the ToH release.

Installed Leopard on top of my Tiger partition. I used this as a guide: http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/ but ignored all the patching info because ToH was nice enough to do that for me.

So now Leopard booted fine, but I was stuck with 1024x768 resolution and my wireless wasn't working. So I went to http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php and got the Leo-only_NVinject_0.1.3.zip. I followed the instructions listed here: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4 . Rebooted and BAM everything was working great with the resolution, quartz extreme, core image, and all that other madness. The only thing I really wish I could get to work is the external monitor situation. If anybody knows about this, please lemme know!

As for the wireless, I swapped out the 3945abg for a dell 1390 and flashed my bios using this bios http://rapidshare.com/files/52109431/sp36368.rar . If you have questions, read this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...31474&st=20

Then my card was detected but wasn't giving me options to connect to a network, so I used this guide to get it to work: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=broadcom

11: Open up Terminal then type ->

CODE

sudo su

12: Then ->

CODE

cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

13: Then ->

CODE

nano -w /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

14: You should See this

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en0</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

15: change that to this:

<key>BSD Name</key>

<string>en1</string>

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<false/>

<key>IOInterfaceType</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>IOLocation</key>

<string></string>

<key>IOMACAddress</key>

<data>

16: then Ctrl-X -> Y -> Enter

17: Then

CODE

sudo reboot

18: After Reboot, Click the Airport Icon on the finder bar and click 'Network Preferences' It'll Say

Has Found the following Port

'Airport'

19: Click Ok then click the drop down box that has Show: next to it then click 'Airport' then click Apply Now and then, Click the Airport icon then select your Network and then Your Done

For the sound, I just plugged in my USB sound card and went to the system preferences to turn it on. The built-in headphone jack doesn't work, but using the azalia audio patch made my built in speakers work.

Also, sleep is not working and probably won't for a while (if ever). Just depends on when the smart dudes work their magic.

NOW IT IS RUNNING SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM!!! WOOHOO!

Why did you have to flush the BIOS for ? Is this for wifi ? I have a toshiba and I'm thinking to replace my 3945abg card with the Dell 1390 b/g.

• 2 weeks later...

okay.... i have spent the entire night on the internet trying to get mac os to work ... no luck.... the dvd iso i'm using is the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits) my laptop is hp pavillion dv9408ca memory is 1 gb raphics brodcome wirless..... Mainboard : Quanta 30B9

Chipset : nVidia nForce 410

Processor : AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TK-53 @ 1700 MHz

Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp C51 PCIe Bridge

Hard Disk : ST916082 (160 GB)

Network Card : Broadcom Corp Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

i have vista installed on c:/ which is my main partition. i divided the 150gb hard drive into three partitions .... 100gb for vista 19 for nothing and 29 for mac..... the 29gb i formated as fat32 .... when i put the dvd in which i burned the iso file to... i get the press enter to install screen ... i press enter than it goes maybe 4 lines than goes back to that same screen and keeps repeating... if i press f8 try to boot legacy ... nothing happens...... it all goes back to the screen where it says press enter to install ....... wat do i do .... ?? please help me i have been trying all night to do this

okay.... i have spent the entire night on the internet trying to get mac os to work ... no luck.... the dvd iso i'm using is the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits) my laptop is hp pavillion dv9408ca memory is 1 gb raphics brodcome wirless..... Mainboard : Quanta 30B9

Chipset : nVidia nForce 410

Processor : AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TK-53 @ 1700 MHz

Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp C51 PCIe Bridge

Hard Disk : ST916082 (160 GB)

Network Card : Broadcom Corp Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

i have vista installed on c:/ which is my main partition. i divided the 150gb hard drive into three partitions .... 100gb for vista 19 for nothing and 29 for mac..... the 29gb i formated as fat32 .... when i put the dvd in which i burned the iso file to... i get the press enter to install screen ... i press enter than it goes maybe 4 lines than goes back to that same screen and keeps repeating... if i press f8 try to boot legacy ... nothing happens...... it all goes back to the screen where it says press enter to install ....... wat do i do .... ?? please help me i have been trying all night to do this

Whats going on is that the installer cannot find a disk to install to. Usually you can get around this by installing onto an external usb drive, and then copying your installation over to your internal hard drive afte you install the appropriate sata driver.. Or you can wait until a prepatched iso is floating around the net.

okay i tried with the usb drive..... same thing... i formated as fat32 and ntfs neither one worked... the usb drive is 80gb.... i'm not sure if that might cause any problems...... i heard you have to turn off something in the drive ... what would that be??? please help i'm stuck....

I am running native at the moment.. but I have yet to come across an install disk that has the proper nforce driver on it.. So I had to install to usb, and then install the kext. Then I booted into a linux bootcd and used dd to copy the partion. Point is, native install is still a bit away if you are running a 410/430.. Does anyone know how to integrate a kext it properly into a new leopard install disk?majdi: when you get to the installation screen where its looking for a disk, go to the utility menu at the top of the screen and go to 'Disk Utility' there, you can format your disk for use with leopard.

ya thanks i found out how to do that in the disk utility ... but see this is my problem.. i formated the usb drive and its fat32 ... when i put the dvd in .... it goes to the screen where it says press to install... and when i press nothing happns it goes back to press to install.. i tried legacy ... x.... v.... s... all those nothing worked... but i figured out a way to get it to start..... which is ... when cd is booting before it goes to press any button to install i would press f8 and x... than enter enter really fast... than it would work. .... so after many tries.... i got the instalation to work... when the instalation finished.... or at least i think it did.... it shut down the pc .... than i had to manualy start my laptop again...... with out the dvd in .. it would tell me that System Config File /Library/Preferences/system config/com.apple.boot.plist not found .... so i put in the dvd... and do my good old ... press f8 really fast.. and than it loads a bunch of stuff... than it goes to the same stuff it loaded when i first installed.... than it give me a kernel panic.......... i noticed when i turn my wirless on .. it would list Broadcom there and also uvga.. which i have no idea what it is..... so when i turn wireless off... the only thing stays is the uvga thing... than after it is a kernel panic...... error code : 0x000000000.also .. i'm woundering the same thing... how could i integrate that nforce file into the dvd... cuz when i try to do it in magic iso... it will do it but wont let me save... so i ahve to save as a new iso... nd when i burn it and mount it ... it burns totaly diffrent files than the original......:s the original iso mounts like diffrent files and it shows that these files are like 512 kb .. :S

Just installed the kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard on my DV6000t. So far so good on this complete fresh install. I'd been running 10.4.8 Jas for about 6 months with no issues.

Intel HDA Audio - Works out of the box

SATA - Detected correctly during install

Bluetooth - Working great out of the box, connected to my blackberry with no issues

DVD Burner - Successfully burned a linux distro to dvd-r through Disk Utility

Firewire - Unteseted

USB - Working correctly for Mouse/Keyboard and USB HDD enclosure.

Power Management - Does not appear to work, detected as mac pro.

Ethernet - Working out of the box.

Wireless - Intel 3945 was replaced with an Atheros card and a bios hack. It was detected correctly and connected during the initial setup. See this thread for details. DV6000T Whitelist removal

Display - Working with the NVInject from the kalyway install dvd. QE enabled and CI Hardware Enabled. Haven't checked wow framerates yet, but it looks pretty comparable.

So far, so good. I had issues with the atheros in 10.4, which is detected correctly now. No more usb wireless. World of Warcraft has acceptable framerates, but i may try some different video drivers to find better framerates. Will post again when i have a few days to get it all dialed in.

Turns out my atheros issues in 10.4 were due to the fact that i had used a hawking wireless adapter that took up the en0 that the atheros card needed. A fresh install will work The usb wifi adapter i was using was a Hawking HWUG1A.

Just installed the kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard on my DV6000t. So far so good on this complete fresh install. I'd been running 10.4.8 Jas for about 6 months with no issues.

Intel HDA Audio - Works out of the box

SATA - Detected correctly during install

Bluetooth - Untested, but it is detected correctly

DVD Burner - Untested, but ASP detects the media correctly

Firewire - Unteseted

USB - Working correctly for Mouse/Keyboard and USB HDD enclosure.

Power Management - Does not appear to work, detected as mac pro.

Ethernet - Detected, but not tested.

Wireless - Intel 3945 was replaced with an Atheros card and a bios hack. It was detected correctly and connected during the initial setup. See this thread for details. DV6000T Whitelist removal

Display - Working with the NVInject from the kalyway install dvd. QE enabled and CI Hardware Enabled. Haven't checked wow framerates yet, but it looks pretty comparable.

So far, so good. I had issues with the atheros in 10.4, which is detected correctly now. No more usb wireless. World of Warcraft has acceptable framerates, but i may try some different video drivers to find better framerates. Will post again when i have a few days to get it all dialed in.

what card did you install ?? and where did you buy it? this card is compatible to windows?