ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

sorry if this has already been answered; I've already run a search for it with no results, but the ALC 885 chipset?! aside from the azalia fix, is there anything else out there? The azalia one gives sound out only and no front panel support. I'd really like front panel and mic in if possible. any advice?

Hi o all of you:) I have an fujitsu siemens amilo pi1505 with Kalliway 10.5.2 and has this sond card: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02), acording to what I have read in this forum the driver for this card is ALC883Audio.mpkg or the AzaliaAudio.pkg, the thing is that I have installed both and the sound is still a no go, can you help me? Thanks! I´ll attach my lspci...

lspci.txt

Just wanted to give my input about my sound issue. I tried both Alc883Audio.mpkg and AzaliaAudio.pkg. The first one - Alc883Audio.mpkg didn't work using 6 ports, digital. When I chose 3 ports digital the input and output showed up but no sound. Then I tried the other choices and still no sound. Then I tried AziliaAudio.pkg and it worked, at least for output. Doesn't show any input device, but I am only concerned with getting sound out, at least for now.

My installation runs almost perfect using leo4all 10.5.2. My other minor issues belong under other topics so I won't mention them here.

Here are the stats on my system:

Intel® 945GC & ICH7

North Bridge: Intel® 945GC

South Bridge: Intel® ICH7

MOBO - Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 ( GMA950 ) (inserted EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support for my 2 LCD monitors, that will be the next thing to get to work - dual monitors.) Max Dynamic Video Memory up to 224MB(System Memory greater than or equal to 512MB)

SOUND - Realtek ALC883 6-channel HD audio CODEC

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Processor HH80557PG0562M - 2.40GHz, 2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB, Allendale, Dual Core, OEM, Socket 775

RAM - Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)

I just want to thank everyone who posts their successes and failures. I have been doing a lot of reading to find what might work for my system. Without you all, I would not have a working system. :blowup:

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my XFX MG-630I-7109 with an Nvidia 7600 GT (PCIe) video card and everything is working great except the audio. The onboard audio consists of 8 channels. A Realtek ALC888 audio card and an Nvidia HD audio card, SPDIF-In and SPDIF-Out. FYI, since this board uses an nForce 630i chipset, I am utilizing the sleepkernel.

I installed the ALC888Audio.mpkg and tried each of the different KEXTs, 3 channels, 3 channels + digital, 6 channels, 6 channels + digital, but nothing worked.

I then downloaded HDA Patcher 1.2 and used the attached KEXT dump, but that did not work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first OSX86 install so my Mac/Linux knowledge although getting better, is minimal.

alc888_dump.txt

Weird problem here. 3CH is working with Digital, but 6CH fails: No output device found.

Any suggestions? When using 3CH surround is also greyed out, only stereo. I am using a mini-jack SPDIF with an ALC888 chipset on a Acer 5920G laptop.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Thanks for that topics.

I have an ALC888S with ICH7. The ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip, when I start install, tells me that only users, with ICH8, have reported success with this kext.

Is there a way to installed my chipset?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi to all.

i have inspiron 6400

core2due 1.7 = only in 1 core my iAtkos leopard is working

ram 4 gigi

sound=sigmatel. i choose applehda patcher and it's working but only the volume up/down in fornt

my modem does not work = i let it go and i use wifi

vga - gma950 = it's working but :

1.why my vga ram is 64?? it's 224 in vista

2.is there any new patch for soud

3.what shoud i do fo core solo. i had to to bios every time that i want to go to mac. i rally need it 2core working for best performance

4-is it good to install ideneb 10.5.5 for solving my cpu problem?

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

Hi Skippy could you tell me if any further work is being done on these kexts?

I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l with alc888 (leopard 10.5.5) I've tried every kext under the sun to try and get 3 outputs so I can set up 5.1 sound and still no look.

Cancel that I got it working at last, I setup first using Taruga's patch and a linux dump, I then swapped out the plugins and info.plist from your 6 channel kext, Hey presto. 4 outputs and mic and line input. Hope this helps someone else.

Problem I have now is that I cannot change volume levels with aggragate device, is this normal? Any help anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi to all

I have a problem with sound (no sound) on :

QUAD 6600

Realtek ALC888/1200 INTEL 82801IB ICH9

Leo4all 10.5.2

I tried to install "ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip"

but don't work

Could someone help me ?

Thank you.

try to install AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip. Works for me