ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People! I have a notebook with ALC883 Sound (Realtek ALC883 - Intel 82801HBM - ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller) and I tried all the methods here. My sound works with alc883 3 outputs but i have a problem.... I have sound in Headphone (line Out), Speakers OK too, but tthe sound is mono in speakers and Headphone. The Left and Right channels play together at the center. I don't have any stereo separation. My microfone doesn't work too. I tried other methods: With digital, without digital, Azalia... all of them I have sound but the same problem. The diference is speaker. Line out (Phone) always works. Any solution?? Thx a lot

PS> Sorry, but my english is poor, I'm Brazilian. :P

Hello people! Thanks for the guide, but does not work to me. I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5040, with ALC883 Audio inside. The Vendor ID is "10ec" and the Device ID is " 0883. The HD vendor and device ar: " 1002" and " 437b".

I try all the combinations, all the metods, but i'm thinking i'm doing something wrong. Anyone here can help me? I use the AzaliaPKG, ALC883PKG, and nothings works. In my laptop, i can use the Ethernet, the Wireless Card and Mouse/Keyboard. The only thing is the sound (the video aren't in full screen, only 1024 x 768, when my resolution are 1280 x 800). If someone can help-me, thanks. And another question: wich package is the correct for my laptop? I have only 2 channels here, a MIC and a Speaker out in my laptopl. Model: Acer Aspire 5040. Thanks my friends!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Skippy.

Just wanted to confirm that ALC888Audio.mpkg is working fine with Kalyway 10.5.2 instalation, on Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard.

My SG33G5 has the ALC888 and audio works without using these drivers. I was using Kalyway 10.5.2 and now 10.5.3 I was wondering if by using these drivers for the ALC888, you were able to get microphone in functionality? Thanks.

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

Great job!!!!!! it is working for me now :angel:

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip ( 71.58K ) Number of downloads: 34957

my system is:Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: G31M-S2L

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 0

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 1 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

through it is showing No Built-in Audio. but system preference, sound icon it show HD audio output

after i learn how to do screen capture i can post the image :D

command shift 3 to save screen as a file in png

like to say a BIG thank you, and yes i do want a MAC more now.... i am really think of getting one

post-247065-1214102729_thumb.png

Humm can't seem to get my ALC883 on my P5N-D to work properly, always have two channels.. have 10.5.3

Tried ALC883-3lines out with ALC inject kext and Apple HDA

I get a whole bunch of lineouts.. If I choose them one by one I can hear sound from each source speaker form my 5.1 but under Aggregate can't get them to work all at once, anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone know how I can uninstall this? Audio was working with 883 using the default kalyway 10.5.2 driver, but only with right-speaker audio. I installed this and the sound card dissapeared from the sound preference pane.

Help!

Edit: Managed to uninstall through liberal application of the Azelea driver, but I am still unable to hear the left channel :-)

Hi guys

I've read the hole "sound" and "applehda" thread. My MB is MSI P4M900 and in xp it says I've ALC883 and i've 6ports and I've tryied all the drivers and methods given in those threads and some of those driver works for me only 2ch(front 2) and finally managed to get 4 outputs and tryied the aggregative method for 5.1 surround sound bt only 2ch works in iTunes. But individually every ch works.

I ve seen a lot of people has the same problem. There is so many post abt this but no solution.

In vista we faced the same problem with realtek hd intrigrated sound. And we r adviced to use "speaker fill" option. But here on osx leo there is no option like speaker fill.

So anyone plz say something abt this prob.

Here is my pc configuration:

Intel Dual core 2gh

MSI P4M900M2

250gb Hitachi

40gb Maxtor

1gb RAM 667

Hi, I'm new in this forum, I don't know very well apple so I ask you for some help.

I've ALC883 sound chipset on my asus P5KSE mobo, I've just installed azaliaaudio.pkg and alc883.pkg but nothing changed.

Leopard says "no built in audio". I saw that dump.txt for alc883 in last reply to this topic, could it be useful to me? how can I use that?

thank you for your support,

If you have Kalyway 10.5.2 installed, sound driver will installed by default.

Manually install:

**Open http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-index.php

**Find this link, and download it: v1.20 and HDA Patcher v1.20

**Drag alc883.txt to AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

**Restart

Hi!

I have this motherboard: Asrock conroe1333 GLAN with 945GC ALC888 ICH7

I tried this package, ALC888, but unfortunalty nothing sound card detected.

Have you already met this problem?

regards

• 2 weeks later...

I need help here...

I have installed 10.5.2, kalyway release - 9.2 speedstep kernel, and I tried the packeges posted here but they don't seem to work for me..

I have a Asrock ALiveNF7G-HDready, the chipset is the nForce 630A and the audio codek ALC888 7 channels.

All I get is "no built-in audio"..

Don't believe the System Profiler - Audio (Built In) - No Built-in Audio.

I have an ASUS P5K PRO and kept checking System Profiler as I tried many solutions thinking they were all not working.

But then something made me check the Output tab of the Sound System Preference just after trying HDA Patcher v1.20 and it listed Line Out, Headphones, and Digital Out. I tried Digital Out with my S/PDIF coax and it worked! Even though System Profiler still said No Built-in Audio. Headphones also worked. Have not tried Line Out.

So ignore System Profiler for Audio and check System Preferences - Sound.

P5K PRO has ALC883

Running 10.5.4 with the included 9.4.0 kernel. Sleep works nicely.

i bought the medion akoya mini (a version of the msi wind) in germany

ive installed mac os x garwin 10.5.2 and i need a driver for my soundcard Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

can sb help me??

Worked great for M61P-S3 Motherboard Built in sound card used

Attached File AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip ( 71.58K ) Number of downloads: 37131

Thank you again!! now i just need to figure out how to get the wireless to work :D

Reporting a stunning LACK of success on my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 with ALC883.

I had sound OOB from the install, but it was only through one jack, and I had no audio input, line out, or 5.1 possibility. I tried installing every one of the drivers included in the ALC88XX.mpkg, and they all got me the same thing - no sound at all. I finally restored my kexts from backup, so at least I'm functional again. Through all of this System Profiler has insisted that I have no built-in audio devices, though that may be normal.

I figure it must be a kernel version issue, since this thread seems to indicate I should have 8.8, and I have 9.4.0. Any ideas?