ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

i used ALC888 package on acer 5920g laptop.sound is ok but only line out and i want to hear sound internal speakers too.if it is not possible i prefer to choice hear sound internal speaker only.just i don't know how to.

Ok I have performed a clean install of Kalyway 10.5.2 and installing the AzaliaAudio found on the Dvd I could get 2ch output working even if my soundcard does not show in the system profiler.

Installing the kexts found here, or using the HDAPatcher don't work for me.

Is there anybody who got mic and/or more than 2ch working?

Please I need a driver for Sigmatel 9200

I can't understand the AppleHDA things and all that just give me somthing simple that any idiot can understand! :rolleyes:

i bought the medion akoya mini (a version of the msi wind) in germany

ive installed mac os x garwin 10.5.2 and i need a driver for my soundcard Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

can sb help me??

Hi All, am in the same boat as well...i got MSI Wind which almost similar to Medion (except for the wireless card) with Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M. Tried all the drivers and ways posted in this thread, no workie...currently using Kalyway, upgraded to 10.5.4 - with patched Azalia that only provides sound from speaker, the rest is not working, built-in mic, line-out and mic-in :(

Need someone kind enough to patch it for us? :) thanks in-advance.

I use Asus p5gc mobo. ‘Azalia out’ works fine only for output. Mic, line in or midi input dose not work. I am looking for appropriate driver. I tried Azalia pkg, no result. My friend uses Asus ‘Maximus’ mobo, he got both audio in and out.

Hi

I have Msi K9N Neo V3 with realtek alc888,

other components is working good but i have problem with this sound card.

I downloaded and instaled alc888 drivers but it is only playing sound in stereo 

i cann't change it to 5.1 .

Does anyone knows how to fix this

Instaled os is Mac OS X 10.5.2 Leopard Kalyway

im trying install the "AzaliaAudio.pkg"-File.

During the install appeares: Please insert the "AzaliaAudio.pkg" disc to Continue installation.

"You have chosen to install software that requires this disc" ?!

What do i have to do ?

EDIT:

Copy the file to HDD --> i tried the install from the USB-Stick ! :D

Hi, i have ALC883 and cant make it work.

With 6+digital it dont displays any devices at all with all other line out works but it gives very low sound - with headphones i can barely hear and master volume is grayed out. Im attaching my codec dump from linux, if anyone could help i would be rly grateful ;)

In windows it says:

RealteckHD

vendor: 10EC

device: 0883

0x10EC0883

Microsoft UAA

vendor: 8086

device: 27D8

0x27D88086

codec0.txt

Help with audio!!! :) i've installed kalyway 10.5.2 and the stereo out works..i've installed the 10.5.3 combo updt and no audio device was found..i tried with pacifist to recover the pkg from the audio driver of the kalyway dvd but no sound!!!!

any idea?where i can find a driver audio pkg that work?!?

Hi Skippy, I hope you have a Merry Christmas, using your Azalia pkg I got sound out no line in and full lever control for the first time with Azalia, but the withdraw is no multichannel and not line in, anyway is a step in the right direction. Keep the good work. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel915gux mobo

2 Gig ddr2 memory

2.8 p4 Ghz ( appear as 3.06 in About this Mac )

QE/CI fully working

Realtek HDA Audio ALC880, 10ec0880, working Audio out 2 channels stereo and line in without boost with AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3

Everything else working 100%

post-35379-1167092960_thumb.png

Do you work in 10.5.4 iKatos ? if yes, please show me how to make it work, i'm using ALC880 too

After Installing The Azalia Driver , It Shows in the Sound preferences , but the output is HD Audio Output , and I dont have any sound, My computer is still muet , I dont know why , should I change anything in the Kext , I have an IBM thinkpad R61i .

Any Advice ???

thank you guys .

you can look at the attachement .

post-271764-1220227341_thumb.jpg

After Installing The Azalia Driver , It Shows in the Sound preferences , but the output is HD Audio Output , and I dont have any sound, My computer is still muet , I dont know why , should I change anything in the Kext , I have an IBM thinkpad R61i .

Any Advice ???

thank you guys .

you can look at the attachement .

Same with my Sigmatel 82801g... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

is there some possibility to make alc889a work on 10.5.4 with Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS sound through optical output????

I have now "HD Audio Output" but only with 2ch sound!!!!!! Interesting is PLEX can swith to Dolby Digital and DTS, but only Plex. When i try to play the same file in QT or VLC, there is only 2CH output!!!!!!

Thanks a lot community!!!!

I'm using alc888 with my shuttle SG33g5. Works well, with one small problem. When video changes on screen there's a faint audible clicking. When I scroll web pages it does a little high pitched brrrrrrrr....

Anyone else have this problem?