ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

sorry for suach a question then how do i install this files to make may ALC833 work?

Hi !

I've got Xxx 10.5.6 installed, and ALC888Audio.mpkg installed too.

Sound is working great, but I can't get Line-in to work. I've tested all config (3 ports, 6 ports...).

Line-in is there, in Audio config, but no sound :D

Is there something to modify ?

Thx !

easy breezy on acer aspire 5570Z everyting works great!!

only prob is now my machine hangs at shutdown.. any help for a solution would be ideal.. should I use HDAfix? If so, where do I get it?

(I've read that for a lot of ppl it's caused booting issues so I'm scared to try it!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the package

So I got my alc889a chipset working. I only tested the digital output which provides ac3 pass through in vlc without any problems.

Would be nice, if someone could test some other features like line in etc.

If everything works fine, feel free to build an installer package. Until then install the kexts the ordinary way.

Credit goes to taruga and his awesome AppleHDApatcher :rolleyes:

After having trouble uploading the compressed file as an attachment I decided to upload it somewhere else.

Here's the link: alc889a kexts

kossi

I am novice in MacOSX, and I am VERY glad to see that somebody was forced alc889a to work with full features! I have downloaded these kexts at mentioned url and after it I see that I am already used this files (installed them automatically using osx86tools). However, I got only one feature working: analog line out at the back of system case. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R. Im getting envy when I see screenshots with microphone input and spdif optical out enabled ;-). Can anyone be so kind to give advice what can I do to enable all features? Please, please!

Hi everyone! I've been fighting with my P5K for 4 days and finaly I have the sound!!!! I have P5k vith ALC883 on ICH9. If anyone is needed in such dump.dat- Ican send via ICQ or email. My ICQ is 285 781 783. Wish u luck!!!

Hi , I have the same MB , installed os x 10.8.5 but without sound . Please post your solution here .....

Hi !

I've got Xxx 10.5.6 installed, and ALC888Audio.mpkg installed too.

Sound is working great, but I can't get Line-in to work. I've tested all config (3 ports, 6 ports...).

Line-in is there, in Audio config, but no sound :(

Is there something to modify ?

Thx !

i've got the same problem with ipc osx86 10.5.6 ppf5 and ALC 883 audio installed, working same way in the sound panel preferences but not ,in applications, looks like it can be record but not played output in live. I make a try in garage band and a guitar to record , it work on record but i cannot hear what i record. help reward thanks in advance to anyone.

Thanks for the great driver! Just installed 10.4.9 on a Dell Dimension 4700 with Sigmatel/AnalogDevices ADI-198x integrated audio and it works perfectly! Sounds comes out the line-out instead of speaker-out, but that's fine. And the microphone input even works, so I can use my headset.

Thanks again for the good work.

EverY oNe is happy except the Intel alc888s ON ICH8 users..

Too bad Luck for us... Still No kext for us, Azailia seems Ok but not too good for good quality sound.. Hey any1 out there Got a working kext for ALC888s ON ICH8 With INTEL DG35EC.

Thank You!

Ganesh

iDeneb 1.3/iAktos 5i (10.5.5) (currently downloading 10.5.6)

Intel DG35EC

Intel e7200 @2.53 unknown

Ram 3GB @667Mhz

320GB HDD

Dual OS/ Vista/mac

Hi ganesh k

i'm working in this kext (AppleHDA.kext) for this mobo since Dec (last Dec) but not luck ...

If you have any information about it please report it at this forum (linux audio dump, graph, etc ...)

Actualy i have the correct info on the Sytem Profile/Audio & the correct connections on the preferences pannel/sound (Line in, Micro, Line Out, HP & SPDIF Out) ... but not sound at the moment.

The solution is here but .... more work is needeed ...

:) my os is leo for all. everything is working properly except my audio. my audio chipset is alc883. if any one have any other kext means help me. my email id: johnravi1988@gmail.com

processor : pentium D

mother board: intel 945GCCR

audio chipset : alc 883

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

If anyone has a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4 with ALC889a (which I believe is exactly the same as ALC888) with working SPDIFs can they let me know what method they used? I can get regular 2 channel analog audio but I'm trying to get as many as the audio inputs/outputs working as possible. I must have tried a dozen methods on various threads but this seems to be the one most users are having luck. So far I've tried the ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip with no luck. Then I tried adding ICH9 DevIDs to:

ALCInject.kext/Contents/Info.plist

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Still no luck. Anyone?

Whoowww.. I'm so happy my Audigy 2 ZS Gold modded with SPDIF-out perfectly! I don't now @#$#$# about OSX but now I'm willing to learn. Didn't want te use mac with onboard crappy soundcards.

Thanx bro

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

Thank you very much. I've tried many other drivers but this is the first one that actually worked on my Compaq Presario C700T running OS X 10.5.2. I like the installer too. Great work! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for my poor english.. :thumbsup_anim:

Hello friends. I am inexperienced in the subject. I have a card ALC883 but with AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip me it detects but i have no sound (i change the vendor realtek ID to 883)... and with anyone of the options of ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip make me a kernel panic at the boot. To somebody can happens me? :hysterical:

Generic Nootebook:::

- OS: Linux Ubuntu 6.10 + Mac OSx JaS Intel SSE3 10.4.7 + Jas Update 10.4.8 Kernel 8.4.1

- CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz Working

- Chipset: Intel 945GM + ICH7-M FSB 533 / 667 Mhz Working

- Memory: 1024 Scan Working

- Wireless: Intel Mini-Card Wireless 3945 802.11b/g, a/b/g Not Working

- Audio: Realtek ALC883 0x10ec0883 With vendor Intel 0x27d8086 Not Working

- HD: SATA 80GB Fuyitsu Working

- Grafic Card: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GO 256 Mb DDR2. Working whit Beta Drivers

- Modem 56K v.92/v.90 Not Working

- Integrated Webcam 1.3M píxel Not Working

- 3 x USB 2.0 Working

- 1 x VGA para external monitor Working

- 1 x LAN Ethernet 8111B Gigabit 10/100/1000 Mb/s Working

- 1 x firewire mini IEEE1394 Working

- 1 x Multi-Card read 3-in-1 (SD/MMC/Memory Stick) Not Working

- 1 x S-video/TV-out port (NTSC/PAL) Not Working

- 1 x Digital fingerprints read Not Working

- PCMCIA Type II Working

- TV Mini Card with USB 2.0 Not Working

mac os x audio alc 883 working package i uploaded u can download it from my site

http://sites.google.com/site/rajeshmagics/

Sorry for my poor english.. ;)

Hello friends. I am inexperienced in the subject. I have a card ALC883 but with AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip me it detects but i have no sound (i change the vendor realtek ID to 883)... and with anyone of the options of ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip make me a kernel panic at the boot. To somebody can happens me? :hysterical:

- OS: Linux Ubuntu 6.10 + Mac OSx JaS Intel SSE3 10.4.7 + Jas Update 10.4.8 Kernel 8.4.1

- 3 x USB 2.0 Working

- PCMCIA Type II Working

for working alc 883audio

Sorry for my poor english.. :hysterical:

- 3 x USB 2.0 Working

- PCMCIA Type II Working

for working alc 883audio

Hi,

I tried the AzaliaAudio.pkg and the built-in speakers are working well but I'd like to use my headphones too. And if my mic would work, everything will be perfect :P.

So, I tried the ALC883Audio.pkg and the Problem is that just the headphone is shown as output and the built-in speaker and mic is shown as input, but none of them are working.

With rajeshmagics Realtek_ALC883_Audio.dmg I have the same result as with AzaliaAudio.pkg.

The last thing was the use of the driver in the osx86Tools from http://osx86driverdb.co.nr/ALC883.zip. Same result as with AzaliaAudio.pkg.

System-Profiler shows:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device-ID: 0x14620579

Audio-ID: 12

I'm using the 10.5.6 Retail.

Is there any chance that all features of my soundcard are working?

Greets,

lny

• 2 weeks later...