ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

I realllyyy need some help with this. I've tried everything from HDAhelper editing kexts, and your program to get my ALC888 to work. I own a Compaq Presario SR5210NX Desktop.

It has ALC888 audio Realtek HD Audio.

Anyone have any idea to get my sound work on here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

Why I can not download?

Hello,

no sound with ALC883 since 10.5.7 update.

Any suggestion will be appreciable

Thanks

Try This:

Open OSX86Tools

Open Download and Install Hardware Drivers

Click on "Remove Injectors"

Click on "Download and Install"

Hope it helps - it did it for me

*EDIT" Maybe that was it but I also:

copied my old kexts from 10.5.6 to the 10.5.7 extensions....

Phil

• 1 month later...
Same here. Sound worked fine on 10.5.6. Tried adding AppleHDA from 10.5.6 to my /Extra. Now I don't get a kernel panic, but still no sound on 10.5.7

EDIT:Mentioning I have a ALC883 too

I tried everything to get my ALC888 to work in 10.5.7 including all the various ways to patch AppleHDA. I gave up on it and decided to try the lastest VoodooHDA (0.2.2) instead. As soon as I did that, I got HD audio (stereo only).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there...

I tried installing the driver you provided for the alc883 on my iDened 10.5.7 it does not work, either the 3 ports/digital, 6ports/digita. please help....

I am using a Asus P5K mobo with ALC 883 sound card on board and running on iDened 10.5.7...and using Vanilla kernel on it....

Thanks in advance... :(

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

For 10.5.6 and forward mine stoped working as well. Try the VoodooHDA instead.

Hi there...

I tried installing the driver you provided for the alc883 on my iDened 10.5.7 it does not work, either the 3 ports/digital, 6ports/digita. please help....

I am using a Asus P5K mobo with ALC 883 sound card on board and running on iDened 10.5.7...and using Vanilla kernel on it....

Thanks in advance... :)

I'm having 10.5.8 installed on a Intel DG35EC, but the above ALC888 driver doesn't work. No sound output, although it detects the sound device(line-in, line-out & microphone), but no sound comes out.

I'm using the Azalia driver for now, but it has its own limitations, only line-out works and doesn't detect line-in or microphone.

It'll be cool, if I could get the sound working properly detecting inputs also. Any help??

Nope, i used the kexts from the Beta package, IIRC. Taruga's patcher didn't work for me, it wouldn't accept my dumps, as in nothing happened when i dragged the dumps onto the patcher,�so�i�couldn't�build�my�own�kexts :/ All's well anyways :)

If anyone could provide me some info on how to make packages I wouldn't mind making one for ALC889A, but i wouldn't be able to make onebefore next week...

God! Would you please?!? I am trying my best to get my p45-ud3p up and going. i used to use efix, so while i was not NEW to the hackinthosh scene, all this kext manipulation was done by Art Media (efi-x makers). They were really lousy at providing timely firmware updates, and then my dongle died. i have a real taste for this os x on a pc thing, but am new to this more in-depth hackintosh scene.

so far I can boot with graphics (using my 9800 gtx+), and everything seems to work (haven't tested time machine), but I have no luck with sound.

I have a few questions for you folks, if you don't mind:

1. does the front panel audio have to be plugged in (and if so, in what mode), or will getting the onboard sound be like with efi-x where it came only out of the back of the machine?

2. i am reading now and then about rebuilding extensions.mkext - can anybody share how to do this with me?

3. does the boot.plist (i know that i havent't called it the right thing here) on the usb stick that I made with chameleon on it override the one on the boot hd?

4. i suspect that i will have some sleep, shut down, wake up and restart issues. any insight into this?

5. right now I have the usb stick, a dvd-rom, and one 500 gb drive installed. I have 4 other sata drives (3 x 750gb, 1 x 1tb) waiting to be hooked up. is this a no-brainer, or do i have to somehow prepare my system for it?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

But, man... would I like working sound.

Thanks,

oldefixuser ;) ;)

1. does the front panel audio have to be plugged in (and if so, in what mode), or will getting the onboard sound be like with efi-x where it came only out of the back of the machine?

Is does not have to be pluged in. On my mobo, both front and back panel audio works. It does depend on the hardware.

2. i am reading now and then about rebuilding extensions.mkext - can anybody share how to do this with me?

chmod -R 644 /Volumes/MacLoader/mine/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/MacLoader/mine/Extensions

kextcache -a i386 -m /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/MacLoader/mine/Extensions

chmod 644 /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions.mkext

chown root:wheel /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions.mkext

3. does the boot.plist (i know that i havent't called it the right thing here) on the usb stick that I made with chameleon on it override the one on the boot hd?

If it exists it is loaded instead of the one on the Leopard partition

4. i suspect that i will have some sleep, shut down, wake up and restart issues. any insight into this?

Depends on the hardware. Mine did not need any kext fix, though I had to change a parameter in my BIOS to S3 (something in the power management or the like).

5. right now I have the usb stick, a dvd-rom, and one 500 gb drive installed. I have 4 other sata drives (3 x 750gb, 1 x 1tb) waiting to be hooked up. is this a no-brainer, or do i have to somehow prepare my system for it?

It all depends on the setup, though chameleon list all available boot partitions, so you should be good to go. See documentation for default selecting one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

I have an abit IP35-e mobo and the following screenshot shows my sound chipset. What should I install to work properly. Right now i am using voodoo 0.2.2 with pref pane and while i am playing movies in browser the sound is making a strange noise. So I think I havent installed the right kext.

post-486525-1257010454_thumb.jpg

If needed i can record the sound noise and post it here attached.

Help is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

reef

The first Info.plist still might need to be edited to change 0880 to your particular number and remove ApplHDA.kext from Extensions folder (and of course, delete the Extensions.*kext* files).

where/how can I find the Info.plist and the extension folder?

hi guys...

i'm new with osx86 10.5.5 iATKOS

somebody can help me with no audio & display ?

1. my audio is "no audio"

2. my display is only 1024 x 7xx (it should 1280 x 1024)

i was try use .kext on front page but it still no audio

pliss help me guy's

i really like this OS

thank's & i'm waiting for advice + help...

*sory for my english

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the basic mic in/headphone out stereo Realtek HDA (driver v. 6.0.1.5449) soundcard on my VAIO NR280E laptop, with the iATKOS v7 OS X 10.5.7 distro running very smooth - sound out no problem, but no mic in. The Realtek soundcards discussed here are pretty much better ones than mine with more ports, 5.1 etc. Any fix for the basic card's no input problem?

Any help much appreciated THANKS (oh and does anyone know if PCMCIA/ExpressCard Slot (I have the latter) should work PnP if I am forced to use that for a soundcard?)

• 2 months later...
any news on the input for the AzaliaAudio.pkg?

I got the v1.1 and works great but no input

Same problem here... output but no mic in. Also I just tested whether I had headphone out - nope. So my Azalia audio (bizarrely in Sys Profiler calling my audio 'Intel HDA') is actually overriding a completely non-functional Realtek soundcard. I don't use headphones so no big deal but would love mic in... Skype etc.

Anyone out there got the fixed kext for the basic one in/one out single duplex Realtek HDA card? (no optical, no line in/line out, no 5.1, just mic in/headphone out) - (driver v. 6.0.1.5449)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I got a question,

Is ALC888 a Full duplex sound card?

because I tried all possible ways to play music and record from microphone at the same time and it never worked, I can either play music or use microphone one at a time only,

What is the problem?

• 1 month later...

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

Can I use this ALC888AUDIO.PKG on the snow leopard 10.6 (10A432) to drive my computer with configuration as below? (I've installed snow leopard 10.6 successfully but failed to make audio & video card work so far)

CPU: AMD Athlon 7750 BE

Mainboad: GA-MA770-US3 ( ATI RX780/RX790 Chipset )

Memory: 2 GB ( Kingstone DDR2 800MHz )

Harddisk: WDC WD3200AAJS-00L7A0 ( 320 GB )

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4830 (RV770) ( 512 MB / HIS )

Monitor: BNQ790B BenQ E2200HD ( 21.7 inch )

CDROM: Toshiba-Sumsang CDDVDW TS-H662A DVD RW

Audio: ALC888 @ ATI IXP SB600/SB700/SB800

Network card: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC