Someone have problems with 'nsurlstoraged' process in Yosemite?

Allan

19 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I have some problem with this process - nsurlstoraged - in OS X Yosemite.

This process consumes about 854.3 MB (and this value goes increasing with time) writing on my disk.

In Mavericks this process does not exist.  :wacko:

Nothing here except errors in the log files, which might be preventing it from reproducing your issue: 

Apr 11 19:46:05 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[256]: Error: execSQLStatement:onConnection:toCompletionWithRetry - SQL=COMMIT;, error-code=1, error-message=cannot commit - no transaction is active
Apr 11 20:07:46 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[233]: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd
Apr 11 20:07:46 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[233]: The read-connection to the DB=/var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd/Cache.db is NOT valid.  Unable to determine schema version.
Apr 11 20:07:46 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[233]: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd
Apr 11 20:07:46 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[233]: ERROR: unable to determine file-system usage for FS-backed cache at /var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd/fsCachedData. Errno=13
Apr 11 20:56:16 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/$(CFBundleIdentifier)
Apr 11 20:56:16 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: The read-connection to the DB=/var/root/Library/Caches/$(CFBundleIdentifier)/Cache.db is NOT valid.  Unable to determine schema version.
Apr 11 20:56:16 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/$(CFBundleIdentifier)
Apr 11 20:56:16 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: ERROR: unable to determine file-system usage for FS-backed cache at /var/root/Library/Caches/$(CFBundleIdentifier)/fsCachedData. Errno=13
Apr 11 20:56:36 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd
Apr 11 20:56:36 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: The read-connection to the DB=/var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd/Cache.db is NOT valid.  Unable to determine schema version.
Apr 11 20:56:36 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd
Apr 11 20:56:36 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[230]: ERROR: unable to determine file-system usage for FS-backed cache at /var/root/Library/Caches/ocspd/fsCachedData. Errno=13
Apr 11 20:57:28 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[276]: Error: execSQLStatement:onConnection:toCompletionWithRetry - SQL=COMMIT;, error-code=1, error-message=cannot commit - no transaction is active
Apr 11 21:38:14 MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander.local nsurlstoraged[276]: Error: execSQLStatement:onConnection:toCompletionWithRetry - SQL=COMMIT;, error-code=1, error-message=cannot commit - no transaction is active

Might be related/solve the issue: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/150945/nsurlstoraged-and-cpu-usage

• Like 1

Yes, since today, but on 10.10.2 i did not have this issue either. 

But i think it has something to do with my log, perhaps that a device on my notebook is not working as it should. 

We need a few more people to post logs  :P

Anyway, did you have a look at: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/150945/nsurlstoraged-and-cpu-usage ?

• Like 1

Nice!

Hey, you use the iCloud services? E.g: Safari favorites, and etc...

And what is your default web browser?

When i use Chrome, the nsurlstoraged process decreases... :huh:

iCloud services No. Safari, Mail, Calendar etc yes.

Chrome.  :)

Actually i use both chrome and safari.

Your best bet is to find out which file is it accessing. On some forums, it is said its cause of a malware (MacKeeper?). In that case it is accessing cookies.

• Like 1

Your best bet is to find out which file is it accessing.

To do this open terminal: 

sudo opensnoop | grep nsurlstoraged

Output will be something like this:

MacBook-Pro-van-Alexander:~ Lex$ sudo opensnoop | grep nsurlstoraged
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  44 /Users/Lex/Library/Caches/com.apple.AddressBookSourceSync/fsCachedData 
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  44 /Users/Lex/Library/Cookies/HSTS.plist 
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  33 /Users/Lex/Library/Cookies/HSTS.plist 
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  33 /Users/Lex/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/fsCachedData/2441B135-04EA-4C02-AE41-C5BC7A6672E9 
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  37 /Users/Lex/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/fsCachedData/2441B135-04EA-4C02-AE41-C5BC7A6672E9 
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  33 /Users/Lex/Library/Cookies/Cookies.binarycookies_tmp_3270_0.dat 
  501   3270 nsurlstoraged  37 /Users/Lex/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/fsCachedData/2441B135-04EA-4C02-AE41-C5BC7A6672E9 

Source: http://osxdaily.com/2011/04/22/monitor-mac-os-x-filesystem-usage-access-with-opensnoop/

• Like 2

I noticed if I do not use Safari, and log out my iCloud account.

The process is slightly reduced. 

It is bad news, because you lose the major functions of OS X.

This OS X is the most problematic that I used. :thumbsdown_anim:  :fiery:

This fixed it for me since 10.10

To stop that from happening, put the following in a script file called STOP_NSURLSTORAGED or whatever you want to call it.

do shell script "sudo launchctl unload -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist" user name "YourUsername" password "YourPassword" with administrator privileges

do shell script "sudo launchctl unload -F /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist" user name "YourUsername" password "YourPassword" with administrator privileges

do shell script "sudo launchctl unload -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plist" user name "YourUsername" password "YourPassword" with administrator privileges

do shell script "sudo launchctl unload -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nsurlstoraged.plist" user name "YourUsername" password "YourPassword" with administrator privileges

(Remember to replace YourUsername with your user name.)

(The same applies to YourPassword.)

Save it as an Application, then call it at startup from System Preferences, Users & Groups, Login Items

Hope this helps if you still have that problem.

Regards

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have the similar problem, nsurlstoraged keep logging many error with something like the following when using the Safari.

9/23/2558 BE 2:58:03.739 PM nsurlstoraged[320]: Error: stepSQLStatement:toCompletionWithRetry - stepping returned unhandled result=11, DB=/Users/XXXX/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db
many of them in the log...

So, i tries a couple ways from above and some google, by clear history and web cached, and also tried un-checked the Safari from iCloud, but nsurlstoraged still have error occurring the same message.

Finally, i tried by remove the files under the following folder.

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari

- Clear History and Web Data from Safari menu

- Quit and relaunch and check..

then, the nsurlstoraged error log is gone !!
In my case, may be it cause from the caches file corrupts, it can be happen because Safari has crashed and stop working a few times in the past.

I also turn back on the Safari sync in the iCloud setting again and everything back to normal, no any error from nsurlstoraged.

Hope this help for someone.

• 4 weeks later...