[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, aben said:

@PC IT Hi - please try booting Ventura with below attached EFI. Test EFI as-is without making any changes; if display works then you may proceed with adding relevant kexts.

EFI.zip 2.39 MB · 4 downloads

Thank you so much, tried the file as it is, the system boots but to a black screen, can you send me another efi to save the boot log so we may be able to find why it boots to black scree, the system is working, i can hear the system sounds, but black - dimmed screen.. 

8 minutes ago, PC IT said:

Thank you so much, tried the file as it is, the system boots but to a black screen, can you send me another efi to save the boot log so we may be able to find why it boots to black scree, the system is working, i can hear the system sounds, but black - dimmed screen.. 

Ok, replace below attached config.plist to same EFI folder I shared above and try booting again.

config.plist.zip

Edited by aben

Guest ricoc90

Yeah, I'm a little late to the party. Haven't done anything hackintosh-related in the past 3-ish years, but a certain moderator on this forum who's name shall not be mentioned (starts with C and ends with yberdevs) kept tempting me to come back (j/k), so I decided to give it a go.

Everything runs pretty well so far :) 

Cpu: i3-10105F (no iGPU)
Mobo: ASRock h510m-hdv m.2
Memory: G.Skill 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
dGpu: RX 580 8GB
Lan: Intel I219V14
Wifi: Archer T6E
Bluetooth: Asus BT400 USB dongle
Sound: Realtek ALC897 

image.thumb.png.7f85fd5611779ec28c4e26ee4536b2c0.png

Edited by ricoc90
English should be forbidden

3 hours ago, PC IT said:

Thank you, same dimmed black screen. any advices?

I'm afraid that I am unable to help any further as I simply cannot see the root cause for your LVDS to stay "off" only when booting macOS 13 even with settings provided earlier, quite strange tbh. Can help with one more EFI - have included more boot-args + device properties that could potentially fix the issue, test and see, if still no dice then I'm not sure how else this issue can be fixed, maybe try experimenting with other KBL profiles listed here .

Also, clear NVRAM before you boot - have included the option in OC picker. Good luck!

EFI.zip

13 hours ago, PC IT said:

Thank you for the reply, with this device id ( 59160000 ), (00001B59) properties, i get only only 5 mb in graphics. any suggestions ??

Probably because you need to reverse the bytes. 

ig-platform-id = 00001B59

device-id = 16590000

19 minutes ago, aben said:

Not too bad man. What's up with you? You lost? Coz this thread for Ventura not Monterey :D

😂😂 the gods told me not to loose hope, so we go again..tried it but seems worse than before now screen is low resolution9354CF89-5FA6-4987-97B0-35956F418AA6.thumb.jpeg.3a83aa91aacb8a087d1a2721cbc45012.jpeg

• Haha 1

Used the latest OC and latest versions of kexts, messed about with the config.plist from some others input from what I saw from their experiences. 

Good to go...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aben said:

I'm afraid that I am unable to help any further as I simply cannot see the root cause for your LVDS to stay "off" only when booting macOS 13 even with settings provided earlier, quite strange tbh. Can help with one more EFI - have included more boot-args + device properties that could potentially fix the issue, test and see, if still no dice then I'm not sure how else this issue can be fixed, maybe try experimenting with other KBL profiles listed here .

Also, clear NVRAM before you boot - have included the option in OC picker. Good luck!

EFI.zip 2.4 MB · 3 downloads

Thank you again for all your support, same dimmed black screen, now am doing a fresh installation again using wegvesa boot arg, by which the installer works, will try inject the kbl fb in the 2nd boot phase and will see what will happen, i need to know how can i install kexts and folders to the SLE directory? as this directory is always locked, will keep trying, the other kbl profiles too, thank you so much, will keep in touch. 

7 hours ago, The Tech said:

Probably because you need to reverse the bytes. 

ig-platform-id = 00001B59

device-id = 16590000

Thank you so much, tried reversing the bytes as suggested, same issue, dimmed-black screen, i dont know why the screen back light controller is not working with these layout ids and fb details

10 minutes ago, PC IT said:

Thank you again for all your support, same dimmed black screen, now am doing a fresh installation again using wegvesa boot arg, by which the installer works, will try inject the kbl fb in the 2nd boot phase and will see what will happen, i need to know how can i install kexts and folders to the SLE directory? as this directory is always locked, will keep trying, the other kbl profiles too, thank you so much, will keep in touch. 

Use -igfxblr in your boot args.

11 minutes ago, PC IT said:

You don't have to install kexts on S/L/E anymore.. you need to keep the kext on OC/Kexts and load them in the config.plist

On 6/20/2022 at 9:51 PM, PC IT said:

Hello dear again, Graphics native resolution is 1600x900, i need a proper platform id and device id that is compatible for my lappy, or any other suggestions, the screen flick 2 times and stay black screen , but the system is working , i can hear the system sounds. any suggestions??

Hello. I Have laptop with native resolution is 1600x900 and also black screen on LVDS, any ideas?

Display loosing signal after loading macOS:

I made another discovery today which might be helpful to people with the same issue.

On my KabyLake (Formerly my SkyLake rig which I swapped the 6700K with a 7700K CPU) I tried to boot into Ventura using the Intel HD630, the system booted off of the iGPU and then after the second stage boot shortly after loading the desktop the display went black and i had to turn it off and on and then the signal came back and i could see the desktop,

After trying several SMBIOS settings (iMac18,1; MacPro7,1 and Macmini8,1 work fine by the way) I realized under the DeviceProperties I had this entry to disable my dGPU (R9 270X) so I decided to remove that entry and by doing so the issue got resolved.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, v-volodi said:

Hello. I Have laptop with native resolution is 1600x900 and also black screen on LVDS, any ideas?

Could you please try testing with boot-arg: applbkl=0   Also try values 1, 2 and 3

2 hours ago, aben said:

Could you please try testing with boot-arg: applbkl=0   Also try values 1, 2 and 3

Thank you for the help, tried your suggestion, still same black dimmed screen.

how can i unlock the os snapshot so i can paste the display properties in System/Library/Displays/Overrides?

do we need to modify the bios ?? i am using the latest bios version for my system

1 hour ago, PC IT said:

Thank you for the help, tried your suggestion, still same black dimmed screen.

how can i unlock the os snapshot so i can paste the display properties in System/Library/Displays/Overrides?

do we need to modify the bios ?? i am using the latest bios version for my system

I highly doubt this approach will have any effect since we've already tested this via alternate approach injecting display properties through AAPL00,override-no-connect.  I'd suggest omitting SSDT-PNLF as well while you're at it.

From what I could gather, it looks like your HD+ TN panel has a constant PWM frequency of 200 Hz that does not seem to be compatible with PWM base frequency values from KBL framebuffer. You can test this theory out by spoofing your SKL iGPU to KBL on Monterey and see if display still works. If not, that means there's only two potential, albeit not-so-viable options I see that could solve this particular use-case for macOS 13:

• By patching "BXT_BLC_PWM_FREQ1" with help of WEG to better suit your panel when using KBL kext (not sure how this can be achieved easily with current WEG, maybe there is a configurable boot-arg or iGPU property that I'm not aware of but unless someone has access to this hardware and is willing to contribute code-wise, this option is highly unlikely)
  • Upgrade your panel to FHD IPS or TFT (more viable option)

Personally I would recommend waiting it out, testing through the beta cycle, till official release of macOS 13, given that SKL is not officially supported by Apple on Ventura, possibility of additional patches are imminent. Worse case - no choice but to stay on Monterey.

• Like 1